Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Saved Mini Dump @ startup - Fixed

game tries to boot, screen goes black and then dumps

By on March 3, 2008 7:37:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

DawZ

Join Date 03/2008
+1
Keep getting the following error

Saved MiniDump C:\users\ade\appdata\local\temp\sinsdump\sins-v1.02-2008-03-02-00-16-28-3132.dmp

I just downloaded the game from stardock central. Updated etc. Went to run the game and it begins to boot up. The screen goes black as if a intro video or something is about to start then it drops the above error.

Any ideas?

DawZ

Edit - Fixed

Was a driver issue. Latest didnt work, but i found using modified drivers fixed the problem. Can now run full screen without a hitch.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com Has a bunch of modified drivers with there downloads and modded inf files for laptops and desktops.

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47 - also have a bunch of different drivers you could try. I'm sure one will correct your dump errors.
39 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 3, 2008 8:36:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I get the same "mini dump" problem, except its during the game, after an hour or two.
March 3, 2008 8:51:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
try right clicking your mouse on your computer's maine screen and go to new > shortcut > then type in "sinsofasolarempire" and then click ok. im pretty sure this will help. i had the same exsact problem.
March 4, 2008 6:15:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Thanks for the input but sadly didn't help.

I tried doing as you said above. But typing in sinsofasolarempire didn't find anything. I then browsed to the correct location. Set it to run as administrator (running vista) but had the same result.

I've also emailed support with the DXdiag file & dumps but have had no reply yet.

Anyone know i quicker way to get in contact?
March 4, 2008 6:32:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Yeah i seem to have the same problem.I downloaded the Mars effect Mod and after an hour or 2 my game crashes and i get the mini dump error.Seems to be pretty rare as i put the problem on the mod page itself and no one seems to know what it is or how to fix it.Even the mod designer didnt know what it was.
March 4, 2008 6:41:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
annoying as i'm yet to even play yet. I read some people with a similar problem but had the problem whilst playing for prolonged times on multilayer. Mine wont even boot up.
March 4, 2008 6:44:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Sorry afraid i cant help you with that.Your best bet is probably uninstall and reinstall the game.See if that works.Have you downloaded v1.02
March 4, 2008 6:47:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Yeah, I think stardock central downloads you the latest release. I downloaded the patch manually as well to see if it worked. But know. I'll try reinstalling.
March 4, 2008 6:51:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Cool let me know how it works out.  
March 4, 2008 7:33:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Keep getting the following errorSaved MiniDump C:\users\ade\appdata\local\temp\sinsdump\sins-v1.02-2008-03-02-00-16-28-3132.dmpI just downloaded the game from stardock central. Updated etc. Went to run the game and it begins to boot up. The screen goes black as if a intro video or something is about to start then it drops the above error.Any ideas?DawZ

to me it sounds like you have a problem with the intro videos

try disabling by opening the file called "user.setting"

find

ShowIntroMovies TRUE
ShowOpeningCinematic TRUE

change to FALSE

the file can be found here

Vista:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Setting

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Setting
March 4, 2008 7:41:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hey Multianna. Would you have any idea why the same is happening to me,just at different times? Cheers in advance.
March 4, 2008 7:48:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hey Multianna. Would you have any idea why the same is happening to me,just at different times? Cheers in advance.

Whats your hardware, driver version and OS?
March 4, 2008 7:59:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Well I got it working, it was suggested to run in windowed mode from the user settings file. Which works. Odd. I wonder if its a wide screen problem? Going to try fullscreen on debug mode now.
March 4, 2008 8:17:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hardware is
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
2 Gigs DD2 Ram
8800 GTS Nvidia Graphics Card.

OS is
Windows XP professional service pack 2.
By driver version do you mean latest driver for graphics card?Cause i have the latest one
March 4, 2008 8:31:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
you tired running it windowed mode ?
March 4, 2008 8:42:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Well in college at the moment lol but will check when i get back.How do you put it in that mode? Cheers DawZ
March 4, 2008 10:34:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
by opening the file called "user.setting"

find

VideoIsWindowed FALSE

change to TRUE

the file can be found here

Vista:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Setting

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Setting

you can then hit maximise to make it full screen. Its a little awkward scrolling as for the top and bottom scroll you have to position the mouse on the edge of the window as opposed to just dragging to the edge of your screen.

I've managed to cope through the tutorial by using the mouse wheel to zoom out. Where ever the cursor is it will then zoom in too. Probbly faster due to the scale of the game. I can say i'm really enjoying it so far.

Think i'll give signle player a bash now before trying multiplayer
March 4, 2008 3:07:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
this doesnt solve my issue . my game still crashes. I play for 3 hours and now crashes. anyone know what might be?
March 4, 2008 3:21:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
this doesnt solve my issue . my game still crashes. I play for 3 hours and now crashes. anyone know what might be?

is it every time that 3 hours have past? also what kind of error message are you getting when the game crashes?
March 4, 2008 7:19:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
well not every time . happens more like in a part where all players are having big armys and atacking each other.

I have this computer configuration:
4 GB Ram PC 800 MHZ
2600XT 512MB DDR3 (1400Mhz)
X-FI Extreme Gamer (Sound Card)
1,4 TB of Disk size (around 3 disks so i have plenty of space)
10 GB of Virtual Memory Size configured
Using Windows Vista 64 bit

Gives me the Dump message error and i dont know how to solve this.
March 4, 2008 7:19:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Same exact problem as the original poster.

Since this is the first time I run the game (just downloaded it off Stardock Central), there is no Setting folder. So no file to edit.
March 4, 2008 7:21:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
well not every time . happens more like in a part where all players are having big armys and atacking each other.

I have this computer configuration:
2,1 GHz Core 2 Duo 4 MB cache
4 GB Ram PC 800 MHZ
2600XT 512MB DDR3 (1400Mhz)
X-FI Extreme Gamer (Sound Card)
1,4 TB of Disk size (around 3 disks so i have plenty of space)
10 GB of Virtual Memory Size configured
Using Windows Vista 64 bit

Do i need to upgrade anything in my computer to work better and dont give this error?

Gives me the Dump message error and i dont know how to solve this.

(sorry i couldnt edit the other message)
March 4, 2008 7:34:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Actually, I was being silly. I found the file now and followed Multianna's suggestion. Had somehow ended up with two separate Ironclad Games folders, one under my username -and- one under "all users".

Cheers
March 4, 2008 7:37:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
i get a similar minidump error every once and a while, not every time i play, just once and a while and it happens after about 2-4 hours in

my specs:
2.8 GHZ Pentium D
Ati Radeon x1550 512 mb
3 GB RAM

XP media SP2
March 5, 2008 8:30:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Well how weird. As oddly as changing the game to window mode got the game to work, all day yesterday without a hitch, this afternoon the game wont load again. Same dump error and same black screen on load up.

Only thing I can think of is it must be a driver problem. Will have to see if I can get one of those modified drivers, might work.

Support still hasn't got back too me.
March 5, 2008 9:14:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
i have update of 102 installed now my save wont work (((
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time: