Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.04 released!

By on April 10, 2008 8:54:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1120

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.04 is now available for download.

Use THIS LINK to update to the latest version. If you are in the Impulse Beta, use the link provided here to update, don't use Impulse to update as we're in the process of updating the backend to support fast transfers of lots of little files which hasn't been perfected yet.

View: Change Log

Download: Sins of a Solar Empire v1.04

32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 10, 2008 8:59:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
What about the SDC patch? I'm not sure if thats where other people are getting the patch. Is that causing problems? I know I couldn't join a game after I patched about an hour ago using the link you provide here.
April 10, 2008 9:36:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
SDC is fine too.
April 10, 2008 9:50:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
So wait, everything is actually fine? Or is this 1.04a and everyone who got the original 1.04 needs to get it?
April 10, 2008 10:35:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
1.04 is fine. Just us who downloaded via Impulse couldn't connect or host to everyone else.
April 10, 2008 10:40:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
But what if we already downloaded through Impulse? I did that with a friend, and we played a game together fine. Should we expect another patch?

EDIT: Hrm, now Sins isn't showing up in Impulse.

-HM
April 10, 2008 11:16:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
There were lots of little files for the 1.04 update. Getting them all down as fast as possible for the 1.04 update was less than pleased on some (but not all) machines. If it was happy and you were able to play like online like Hollow Man, it's fine, shouldn't need to worry about it.

Use the standalone update or SDC if appropriate for tonight. Link above in post #1.

Kris

April 10, 2008 11:31:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Ok, good. But for the heck of it, I downloaded and ran the standalone patch from the "update" URL over my Impulse patching. It ran fine. With luck it just went over the top of the Impulse patch and put back anything that may have been missing or not updated.

I can still get on ICO, so I assume I'm still good.

EDIT: I went to SDC after I ran the standalone patch, and it said I had 1.04, and 1.04.022 was available. I assume they're really the same thing, but I decided to run the update through SDC for good measure. Things still look good.

-HM
April 10, 2008 11:49:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Great!! And because this is going to be a hot post, I am going to take advantage. Can someone tell me where the .record files are stored on windows vista machines?
April 11, 2008 12:34:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Thanks for the patch Stardock and Ironclad! Its working great.

Seems like the patch finally fixed the particle bug, now I can play as Vasari without having the effects disappear on me after 30mins of play.
April 11, 2008 12:41:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I built the standalone installer before all the SDC/Impulse builds were published to the public, so it just claims it's 1.04 vs the 1.04.022 revision the servers used for SDC and the like on release. I'll see about updating that tomorrow for the version key. No files different.

Kris

April 11, 2008 1:33:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
you know, Stardock/Ironclad, just how do you get so damn cool? please tell me. i have been trying for 19 years and just can't seem to get it down pat. anyone cool enouch to release this many great, useful patches in such a reletively short amount of time must be pretty cool. so please, fill me in. don't keep your secrets of coolness from me any longer!

as for the patch. works great. but you know that. i could have told you that without even playing with it.
April 11, 2008 2:48:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
videos on vista are in

C:\Users\RegOrwell\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire

but obviously change your account name to whatever it is for you i.e., the RegOrwell bit
April 11, 2008 3:38:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Is it me or the buy/sell ratio is still 3:1 ?
April 11, 2008 3:49:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
GO TO BED, you west coast nuts!!

-- Retro, snagging
April 11, 2008 11:23:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
This patch doesn't seem to work via SDC - I downloaded it through that first and it updated my version number in SDC and in the bottom right of the main menu when you start the game, but I wasn't seeing any changes in game.

I've since downloaded it from the link in this thread and applied that patch, which seems to have worked out ok (except that SDC wants to reupdate the game again now).

Apart from the install issues... patch woohoo .
April 12, 2008 10:54:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hey, you also fixed the empire tree scrollbar while paused! YAY!

-- Retro
April 13, 2008 12:30:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Unfortunately, it seems that I'm the only user who has trouble with the patch!
I tried the update via SDC: It stopped at " loading file list"...nothing happend for hours...
Ok, tried to update via the 16.5 MB archive from this site: Installation was ok but now the games dumps when loading a saved game..*X%§$D%§$%....
Now I restored the 1.03 version.
Does anybody has similar problems with the update?
Thanks in advance for any helpful comments...

--Stormhandler
April 13, 2008 8:18:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
No, my buddy and I are also having this issue. We have updated via SDC, and still got the 'Disconnected From Game Server' error. We both tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game and the update via SDC and are still experiencing the same issue. Sucks that this happened on the first weekend I've had in weeks where I had nothing to do but play Sins.
April 13, 2008 10:44:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Try updating with the standalone patch:

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/update.aspx

-HM
April 13, 2008 11:24:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Unfortunately, it seems that I'm the only user who has trouble with the patch! I tried the update via SDC: It stopped at " loading file list"...nothing happend for hours...Ok, tried to update via the 16.5 MB archive from this site: Installation was ok but now the games dumps when loading a saved game..*X%§$D%§$%....Now I restored the 1.03 version.Does anybody has similar problems with the update?Thanks in advance for any helpful comments...--Stormhandler

Read the information:

Please note save games and replays from prior to 1.04 will not load.

April 13, 2008 11:33:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
So when do the final Mod tools come out? Are they still going to be released? I haven't heard much about these for a while but I thought they were to be released after the demo and 1.04.
April 14, 2008 7:41:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I'm better off posting this in the technical forum
April 15, 2008 2:13:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
My friend and i downloaded V1.04 yesterday,game played good online yesterday for hours, tonight after two hours, we started getting mini-dumps,can anyone tell me whats up, we are using a mod but we have never had problems until now
April 15, 2008 3:33:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
All Mods have to be reworked for each patch. Just like the savegames will not work from 1.03 -> 1.04, a 1.03 Mod will not work on 1.04 (unless it's just textures). Check your Mod's thread for details.

April 16, 2008 3:14:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
does anyone know if Sins enhancement v1.7 has been reworked for sins v 1.04???
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001266   Page Render Time: