Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

I don't know what to do now

By on June 17, 2008 9:17:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ryanbran87

Join Date 06/2008

Hi I bought this game a few days ago and it installed all right but when i went to play it I got an error message

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\faultrep.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

so i dug around for 30 min. and finally found my windows XP disk i then ran a Cmd program as I was told and it told me I needed a different disk "Service Pack 2" I'm all out of ideas does anyone know how to solve my problem?

Thanks, Ryan

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 17, 2008 10:17:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Do you have SP2 installed already?
June 18, 2008 12:51:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
is SP2 a different version of windows if it is i dont think i have it my version is XP Professional version 2002 am i out of date for the game or is it a currupted file?
June 18, 2008 11:26:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Service Pack 2 is a combination of all the windows updates from XP's release up to late 2004. You can get it from Microsoft's site if you do not already have it installed (any machines sold after 2004 likely already do).

If you machine is less than four years old, then you probably already have SP2 and there is some other issue, in which case you should contact support@ironcladgames.com.
June 19, 2008 1:21:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Thanks kryo i went to microsoft.com and I DL'd SP3 and that fixed it i guess i just had a currupted file but its fixed and now i can play and...is very nice... thanks for your help
June 19, 2008 1:25:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
welcome aboard ryan, i'm about to go and play me some right now =D
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: