Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD] DEATH FROM ABOVE- the new mod by Obikirk

By on July 13, 2008 7:57:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Obikirk

Join Date 07/2008

Note- I am not going to update this mod!

However, I would encourage others to use my files to update it, just give me some credit! Apologies to all those who updated and no longer have compatability.

Yup, Ive finaly finished it! This is a general overhall for sins, with a rebalance, graphic improvment, new planets and new research!

1. Rebalance- all frigates have less shields and hull, but with same fire power. Heavy cruisers now much more powerful however. Capital ships are now many times stronger. All carriers e.c.t. carry more strike craft squadrons. Also A anti-strikecraft planetry defence cannon has been added to balance incresed numbers of bombers and fighters.

2. graphical pack by baliknight, see his thread for images!

3. New planets from sins plus! Urban, Toxic, Forest, Barren, Naval Base, Industrial and oceanic.

4. new research to improve new additions.

avaliable at filefront
http://hosted.filefront.com/obikirk/

alternitavly, wincustomise http://www.wincustomize.com/viewskin.aspx?SID=1&SkinID=76&LibID=71

WARNING - THIS MOD REQUIRES THE ENGLISH.STR FILE TO BE REPLACED AND SO WILL CHANGE ALL DIFERENT LANGUAGE GAMES INTO ENGLISH! YOU CANNOT REPLACE THE ENGLISH.STR FILE, OR THE GAME WILL CRASH!- WARNING 

26 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 13, 2008 8:04:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Right, Now uploading, should be avalible soon!
July 13, 2008 5:03:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Uploaded yet?

Just wondering, not trying to be pushy. Sounds like a good mod and I'm itchin to try it.
July 13, 2008 9:34:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
waiting to have a look
July 13, 2008 11:04:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
is it uploaded yet?
July 14, 2008 3:46:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
its uploaded, but aparently we have to wait 5 days for it to be checked out by stardock :-/ sorry

oh and I forgot but carriers also now have weak weapons, and their is a whole heap of new planet bonuses
July 14, 2008 12:02:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
sounds interesting, just the sort of changes to the tech i was thinking of doing.
Can't wait to have a go.
July 14, 2008 12:26:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Filefront is so awesome...

Alternatively, it would be fun to be one of the stardock people who "check out" the mods !!!
July 14, 2008 12:28:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
you could upload it to filefront
July 15, 2008 6:15:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Ill try uploading it to filefront, but my upload speed is rubish so it might be a while yet
July 16, 2008 3:36:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
uploaded to filefront, see top for adress
July 17, 2008 10:07:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I downloaded this and am playing a game as the advent and am seeing almost no differences between this and the vanilla game. I am playing version 1.05 english.

1) Frigates and cruisers have same shields as vanilla game, carriers have no weapons and carry one unit. Capital ships seem to be unchanged.

2) I think this might be included, but am not sure (still early in the game).

3) Still early, but I have explored one entire star system and the planets are all from the standard fare except a single gas giant planet.

4) Research tree appears unchanged for all factions.

I have used mods before so know how to enable them, etc. Is it possible this was uploaded incorrectly? or that you uploaded the wrong folder? I hope it is something simple like that because this seems like it would be a good mod!.

Thanks,
pbdr
July 17, 2008 10:16:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I think it might that youve installed two folders inside each other (which is the form it is in when unzipped), you just want the one with Gameinfo e.c.t. in it, not the one that folder is inside.

PS you would know if the graphic ad was on, it makes a BIG difference (all credit to baliknight)
July 23, 2008 7:38:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
hi, i got some trouble with this mod.

everytime i hover my mouse over the AA-Cannon Icon whether in the research or the producktion screen soase crashes. as long as i dont get near that icons soase is running fine with all the changes, only the aa-cannon seems to be bugged.

i ve only this mod installed, so it cant be a conflict.
im running soase 1.05

does anyone have that bug too, or knows how to solve this?
July 23, 2008 9:11:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
took me some hours, but i figured it out.

the problem was, that my game runs with the "german.str", so the "english.str" from the mod was not used and therefor some connections where missing.

now im using the english.str and everything is working fine.

looking forward to many hours of fun with this mod!
July 24, 2008 4:02:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
sorry about that, I should have mentioned it... my bad.
August 11, 2008 8:36:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
what about the v1.1 beta and 1.1patch situation, anything? is there going to be an improved version for them?
August 11, 2008 4:41:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
did u use bailknight's mod v1.3? i have that installed right now and i dont want to downgrade to an old version
i am sure to love ur gameplay changes. cap ships can finally kill stuff at a decent rate
unmodded carriers only have 1 squadron? there should be a law against that imo. its a carrier for crying out loud
August 13, 2008 12:06:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
1. no 1.1 update planned, I have A-levels to do
2. Cant remeber which version I used sorry
September 12, 2008 10:15:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey help me!

Im using the english version, but always when i try start the mode it apears a mensage saying "saved minidump" anthe then it crashes. what heck is going on?

September 12, 2008 10:58:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are you going to be releasing any updates for this mod in general?  The AA cannons could be split up for each race, so they don't all use the TEC's.

Adding Solar Sins 2.0 and the latest Bailknight's and Lost_WLD's mods would be nice.

Also, proper AA cannons could be made instead of ones that just use a Flak Burst ability.

September 12, 2008 12:38:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Newkie,

You should be running patch 1.05 to play this mod, I believe.

September 21, 2008 9:39:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yeah i am

November 21, 2008 10:52:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just downloaded v.1.11.  Can I roll my game back to 1.05, or am I just screwed out of playing this mod forever?

November 21, 2008 10:58:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For the mod, just deactivate it...(or simply dont activate it when you load game)!

As for v1.05 of game, if you havent kept a copy of the 1.05 reference data then ..yes..you are stuck to playing v.1.11 forever!

However, if you kindly send me a PM with your adress or something similar, I can easily send you the files in a nice .rar file (or unzipped..whichever you prefer)!

Justin S.

January 8, 2009 6:45:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why does 1.12 ruin ever good mod out there...

Bailknight's mod is the only one I can get to work. This is bullshit and stardock needs to think of the modders when making updates. They took the time to mod the game just like you took the time to update it. Please stop braking killer mods or incorperate them.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001062   Page Render Time: