Welcome to the beta test for Sins of a Solar Empire - Entrenchment! This micro-expansion is jam packed with enough features to qualify as a full fledged expansion pack, so we know it'll keep everyone busy for quite awhile. That said, this is a beta - put simply this is going to be very buggy and somewhat unbalanced.
If you don't want to deal with bugs, balance issues or providing feedback to improve the game please wait for the final release!
The Entrenchment beta is available in English only!
Here are the highlights for Entrenchment:
- Starbases: Construct powerful bases within any gravity well to help fortify your empire and project your power across the stars. Each race's base is unique and upgradable with a number of abilities via research.
- Defense Tech Tree: Improve your defenses with the new Defense tech tree. Here is where you'll learn how to build starbases and upgrade them, in addition to improving your existing defense technologies.
- Upgraded Defense Structures: Improve your defense turrets and hangar bays with new abilities and better firepower!
- Mine Fields: Each race can now build (with the appropriate tech) mine fields within their gravity wells (or those of others). These powerful devices can lay waste to an incoming enemy fleet if positioned properly.
- New/Updated Frigates/Cruisers: New and updated frigates and cruisers will give you the power to lay mines, establish starbases or bring them down with powerful attacks.
- Improved AI: The AI has been improved substantially to be more deadly than ever before and now uses fleet tactics better.
- Improved Graphics: New stellar backgrounds, particle fx, and textures make Sins look better than ever.
- and much more.
To install Entrenchment:
- First, you will need the full version of Sins of a Solar Empire v1.12. This update can be obtained via Impulse (http://www.impulsedriven.com).
- Once your pre-order is charged, you will see Entrenchment appear in Impulse under your My Games tab. Just click the Install button and Impulse will handle the rest.
- If you don't see Entrenchment appear after getting your order receipt via email from us, try Checking for Updates in Impulse (click the Stardock orb in the upper-left and select Check for Updates).
- If that doesn't work, you can manually register your Entrenchment serial number in Impulse. Click the blue ? in the upper right and select Register a Product.
- NOTE: Your order number is NOT your serial number. Your charged pre-order receipt will clearly list your Serial Number.
- Once Entrenchment is installed, regular Sins will disappear from Impulse. You will only be able to play online against other Entrenchment players during the beta.
Posting about Bugs:
Please check out Annatar's stickied thread about providing feedback to us about the beta:
Keep in mind that this version of Entrenchment is not finished. We're at the beginning of the beta process, not the end.