Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.13 Change Log

By on January 28, 2009 10:15:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+200

Here's the change log for the upcoming v1.13 of Sins of a Solar Empire.  Version 1.13 is now available via Impulse (http://www.impulsedriven.com) for registered customers.

• Fixed crash in texture memory allocation.
  • Improved background texture loading algorithm.
  • Improved texture defragmentation.
  • Fixed bug in transmitting unicode characters through the command system (fixes bad characters with chat and renaming entities in foreign languages).
85 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 28, 2009 10:50:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

how about replays?

January 28, 2009 11:26:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the info!

And will there ever be a fix for the annoying delay for bonuses from colonizing with a capship to kick in (free extractor, structur build time decrease and planet upgrade cost decrease)? I always have a little mod loaded to get rid of this.

Greetings anyways ; - D

January 28, 2009 1:55:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

posativ: That would be awesome if they fixed it, because I have been after that bug since like 1.03 or 1.02, back when they removed the delay between use of colonize aiblity, and the colonizing of the planet.

And YES REPLAYS PLZ! We are dying for them.  I got word theyare fixed in Entrenchment.  We'll see if MP community is willing to leap into mines and starbases.

January 28, 2009 2:03:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think they should make files in 1.12 compiable in 1.13

I think they should find a way to be able to set whether to set jump to a custom percentage !!!!

January 28, 2009 2:23:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How about replays?  I saw they were fixed for Entrenchment, so here's hoping.

January 28, 2009 2:31:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And will there ever be a fix for the annoying delay for bonuses from colonizing with a capship to kick in (free extractor, structur build time decrease and planet upgrade cost decrease)? I always have a little mod loaded to get rid of this.

This fix is in Entrenchment at least.

January 28, 2009 3:46:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i wonder if this one will adapt quad-core processors for better handling too...would be nice

January 28, 2009 4:05:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It won't.

January 28, 2009 5:00:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Add multicore support. My 2.3ghz quad core cann't run the game full speed at a certain point QUAD CORE yet i run sup com so easily. Please add multicore support.

January 28, 2009 5:29:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's not like it's a wave of a hand to add it

January 28, 2009 5:36:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So will modders have to make their mods specially compatible with 1.13 or will 1.12 versions of mod be compatible with them?

January 28, 2009 6:02:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1.12 mods should be compatible with 1.13.

January 29, 2009 4:55:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

One, perhaps stupid question...

When 1.13 gets out, us who got Entrenchment installed, can relax and ignore it or what!?

Far as I remember Entrenchment overwrites original Sins...

Also, what is general idea on compatibility between the two?

For example, if I want to play with guy who hasn't got Entrenchment I need to make copy of original Sins and boot from there or Entrenchment will eventually be "clever" enough to automatically recognise who is who and what is what within the lobby itself? 

Shed some concrete light please

January 29, 2009 8:10:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well I'm not really concrete in this case, but you'll probably have to uninstall, grab Sins 1.13 and make a backup, then update to Entrenchment. I'm thinking that 1.13 > Entrenchment should work fine. The final release of Entrenchment will hopefully be a bit easier here, but for the beta I don't think it'll be smart enough.

January 29, 2009 10:03:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Howdidudothat,
How about replays?  I saw they were fixed for Entrenchment, so here's hoping.

Hopefully they'll fix it for regular non-Entrenchment Sins because you shouldn't have to buy the expansion in order for the game to work properly.

January 29, 2009 10:16:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Optimizing for multi-core requires rewriting large sections of the core of the game. It's not very likely at this point, because it's not easy and prone to break almost everything.

January 29, 2009 12:28:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

y would it be so difficult to adapt it for multi core processors? the game runs fine on my Core 2 Duo, much faster than my P4...am i lucky?

January 29, 2009 12:31:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A single core on the Core 2 line is far better than a similarly rated P4 core. It's not using multiple cores.

On an unrelated note, this dying keyboard is really getting on my nerves...

January 29, 2009 12:36:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

On an unrelated note, this dying keyboard is really getting on my nerves...

Smash it against the wall. Or better yet, someone's head. May just solve a few problems at once!

January 29, 2009 12:56:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Your head first.

January 29, 2009 1:01:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I knew you were going to say that, so I got a helmet. *puts on spaghetti strainer*

January 29, 2009 1:15:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ooh, acupuncture time!

January 29, 2009 1:17:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Don't you come near me! I can defend myself! *takes out spatula*

January 29, 2009 1:21:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'll get the popcorn!   Though I question your ability to fight off a kitsune.  

January 29, 2009 1:21:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

But only if you share with the winner (that's me).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002047   Page Render Time: