Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Goldlist of Players - Player Skill Track List

Howthe's version of Siddy's troll post

By on February 4, 2009 9:54:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Howdidudothat

Join Date 04/2008
+34

Updated 2/9/13

King of the Hill:  Did I seriously just get steam rolled?

Auqia

Kenn (previously known as JohnJames)

King of the Hill Honorable Mention:  Soooooooo close

PlayerSlayer

Doci

ooloo (Quar - Note Quar is sometimes obstinate)

Tier #0:  Why won't they just die???

DieHard (Greg)

Radioactive[DT] (StarPlayer)

Hiroge-[_]

Tier #1: Their team seems to be always stacked.

Howthe?[DT]

Multipawn

Krath

Tyr222[DT]

DeadRat-[_]

Mecha-Lenin[DT]

jbaum

CBM

Disgruntled Worker

HIGGY-[_]

Multiz (Theokoles)

DeceptivePanda (StarKiller)

Nayru

Eros (Specter-[_])

OurTerra.Com

BagsX

Suzijang

anhpp

JakeMac

ZuoAn

[DT]Siddy

Candido[BRz]L

Tier #2: Probably 4-5th picks in a skilled game.

Akaihane

BoomURDead

BooPoo

SerakWarriors

Dwish

ReD`RubY

Efejao[BRz]L

Galaxy

KFear

Gini[DT]

ColdFront

EadTaes

Ekko_Tek

Mr_Book

Carpetbomb

BOMBSHELL

BrainDead

dumdeedumdum

ReapersTears

Fallen_One

AeonX

Teun-A-Roonius

VeteranCorp

Lt.Gondie

Winter_Solstice

[DT]WHIPperSNAPper/[DT]DirtySanchez/Suzi-X

Tier #3: Probably fat kids in a skilled game.

Archa-Ra

Fluid_Karma

Slackah Chiken

Mossy

Seleuceia

Faernal

Camaro

DMX

GunMetalXeno

Osan

Champ

OckhamzRazor

Tier #4: Probably will be booted from a skilled game.

rabidturnip

N00b

Atlantis

Wild Card Tier:  I don’t know what goes on in these people’s heads, but they play on Sins enough to be on here.  These guys have been playing for so long, you wonder why they don’t quite get it.  Sometimes they’re good, sometimes they aren’t.  Usually they’re always one trick ponies.

_|~Sire/KoK/King of Kodiaks/LiLZe/Kodiak_King - Tier #3 if he doesn't goof off.

kbroke - Tier #2 if he isn't on drugs or drunk, which is 99.9% of the time.

HuyMac - Tier #2 if he doesn't "Experiment".

Predator (WFU) - Tier #2, but lately he is just plain awful and I would rather pick a noob that know how to listen that to pick this guy.

And Candido's Team Player Edition

When these people are on my team, I feel a victory will soon be added to my statistics, regardless of who is on the other team: Auqia*, HowThe*, Ooloo* (quar)

We really should have a victory but sometimes things can go wrong, especially if one of the aforementioned players is on the opposing team: Krath, Tyr, Doci, DieHard* (greg), Efejao*, Hiroge, Mecha-Lenin, Multiz*

Superior contributors to the team: jbaum*, RedRuby(BlueSaphire)(GreenEmerald)*, Ekko-Tek*, Dumdeedum*, Fallen_One*, DeceptivePanda (StarKiller), Nayru*, Eros(Specter)*, Higgy, jamex, Traxsin, Slavinari, Faernel*, CarpetBomb*, BagsX*, BrainDead

Good solid contributors to the team: Aeonx*, BooPoo*, SerakWarriors, Camaro*, Archa-A*, JakeMac, kbroke*, Ginisfurd, maxy, USNC, gondie, unname, Seleuceia, Dwish, ColdFront(Universe)*, Mavarik, Knewgui, Teun-a-Roonius, KFear, BoomUrDead

Well, it's a teammate: rabidturnip*

Locked Post 1090 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 3, 2012 5:56:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How, upgrade plz.

Cykur was one of my favorite RIP. Him and JJ where unbeatable back in the days.

Auqia wasn't born that day...

July 3, 2012 6:00:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You know, I've beaten or gone toe to toe with some of those people up there...additionally, there are some pretty damn good players out there that aren't on the list...thing is pretty obsolete, to be honest, and I don't know if How plays that much...

May be time for a new thread that's managed by someone more active...nothing against you How, I know you are busy...it's a monumental task and unfortunately a lot of the great MP people have temporarily left because of the balance....

July 3, 2012 7:49:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME THAT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE BETA, SELEUCEIA

July 3, 2012 9:37:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Get about 1000 scouts...then start colonizing planets...if you are really close to the enemy, scuttle your frigate factory to get those extra resources as well...

July 3, 2012 10:43:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

what a wonderful number

I might want to abandon my homeworld as well?

[Are you being serious? I can't tell ]

July 4, 2012 2:10:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, Wailing your HW or Strip to the Core is the preferred method...but I guess if you have to disband it the ol' fashion way, you gotta do what you gotta do....

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
Are you being serious? I can't tell

You tell me...I'm not on the Official Troll List...

July 4, 2012 9:02:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,
You know, I've beaten or gone toe to toe with some of those people up there...additionally, there are some pretty damn good players out there that aren't on the list...thing is pretty obsolete, to be honest, and I don't know if How plays that much...

May be time for a new thread that's managed by someone more active...nothing against you How, I know you are busy...it's a monumental task and unfortunately a lot of the great MP people have temporarily left because of the balance....

why put in the time to rank players on an imbalanced rebellion game?  might as well wait for a new expansion to try to rank players, oh wait, that will be imbalanced too.

July 4, 2012 9:59:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Nightraid3r,
why put in the time to rank players on an imbalanced rebellion game? might as well wait for a new expansion to try to rank players, oh wait, that will be imbalanced too.

Because Radioactive, a game that is all about clicking on the corvette button is a game I actually can go toe to toe with pro players...add in "balance" and real "strategy", and I'll have to run back to my SP modded games with my tail between my legs...

Really I'm just pointing out to the necro replies that this thread is sort of dead/obsolete and expectations shouldn't be placed on it to be "updated"....

July 4, 2012 9:12:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Quoting Nightraid3r, reply 758why put in the time to rank players on an imbalanced rebellion game? might as well wait for a new expansion to try to rank players, oh wait, that will be imbalanced too.

Because Radioactive, a game that is all about clicking on the corvette button is a game I actually can go toe to toe with pro players...add in "balance" and real "strategy", and I'll have to run back to my SP modded games with my tail between my legs...

Really I'm just pointing out to the necro replies that this thread is sort of dead/obsolete and expectations shouldn't be placed on it to be "updated"....

what pros? who is good and even still plays

July 4, 2012 11:01:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Nightraid3r,

Well, that is true, I suppose it is relative...the current "best" may not compare to the likes of Auqia...

I've seen Efe, Slackah Chiken, Maniac Gonzo, and Huymac recently...kbroke has also been on quite often, I've certainly seen him more than anyone else on that list...

July 5, 2012 12:11:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I managed to beat kbroke, he's not that good...

July 5, 2012 12:12:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
I managed to beat kbroke, he's not that good...

My experience with him confirms that he should be in the "Wild Card" tier....

July 5, 2012 7:31:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Kbroke is not good or bad. His only goal is to perfectly emulate AI playstyle. He doesn't play like human, he's so.. erratic.

July 5, 2012 11:47:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He actually wants to emulate AI playstyle?

that seems counterproductive...

and OMIGOODNESS KRATH IS SO GOOD

July 5, 2012 1:34:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
that seems counterproductive...

It's actually quite challenging...it'd be like trying to emulate a schizophrenic...

July 19, 2012 3:12:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

KRATH belongs in a new category - Mercenaries.  He is Hired Gun caliber, a Gunslinger of amazing talents.

Also:

Jbaum is quite possibly the most underrated threat ever.  Always consistent, he is steady and methodical (if not a bit conservative) in eradicating opponents. If he loads in a favorable spot, he can influence the entire flow of a game.  He is known as one of the most reliable teammates in the game.

Doci is another highly skilled player that often gives off the impression of toying with his victims.  He is not above rage-purging you as a neighboring enemy, and kill every family on your Homeworld just for spite, and you'll like it.  His in-game chat often borders on a mix of fellow player beratement, and chastising opponents for thinking they have any business in the game in the first place.

URSolar is a guy that has paid his dues over hundreds of games, and will punish you if you underestimate him.  His grasp of game dynamics is solid, and he is a team player, although recently he has started to demonstrate the "lonely-at-the-top" syndrome where he will lean in an arrogant direction with his passive aggressive questions regarding what he considers sub-par game-play on the part of others.

Carpetbomb is another player with solid skills, and an asset to your team with a wide variety of strategies in his bag of tricks.  Seldom cocky, but he has the moves to back up any bullshit that comes his way.

DaKnife could very well belong in the wildcard category - he is reliable as long as he is not the top dog on a team as he cannot carry the load like a top tier on his own, and is much better suited to a support role as far as rushing goes.  Given a good launch placement, he consistently over performs, and even in suicide he will turtle with the best of them as long as he has early feed.  He rarely gets bent out of shape, but reserves his scathing remarks for those that deserve it.

And, in the new to rebellion category, (players that didn't play Diplomacy):

JameX - I like this guys straight ahead attitude and more than competent skill sets.  He weathers the storm quite well when saddled with less than experienced teammates, and works with the hand he's dealt.  He has a knack for reading the board as it were, and advancing preparations to strike when the time is right.  His grasp of rock-paper-scissors counters is sound, and he is a formidable micro manager.  Always has a kind word after games, and openly discusses do's and don't s with new players.  Good addition to the community.  

July 20, 2012 10:45:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

am i cool enough to still be on this list?

July 20, 2012 10:50:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://www.europauniversalis3.com/

I believe the proper goldlist for you is located there....

July 20, 2012 9:30:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I do think we need a new list.. someone get to it.

July 21, 2012 4:28:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ussrAvA,
I do think we need a new list.. someone get to it.

OK I made the new tier system:

Tier 3: Is capable of finding titan build button

Tier 2: Is capable of keeping titan alive

Tier 1: ???

July 22, 2012 11:49:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well done, i think you've earn't Tier 1

July 22, 2012 10:54:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tier 1: Can kill corsev with corvette rush

August 1, 2012 12:28:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Carpetbomb is another player with solid skills, and an asset to your team with a wide variety of strategies in his bag of tricks.  Seldom cocky, but he has the moves to back up any bullshit that comes his way.

Yes make me seem not that threatening.  Let the noobs think my low game count means i'm inexperienced.  Let them come before the carpetbomb and think they are safe, opposing him.  Yessssssssssssssssssssss.

-slinks back into the shadows to enjoy his harem of advent telepaths...

Thanks for the good review m8

karma +1

For the record, someone else has now actually written me a review.  

I do, about 1-2 times a week

August 1, 2012 7:55:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmm i'd be interested in what people think of me actually :/

August 2, 2012 5:50:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you suck

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: