Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Capturing enemy extractors

By on March 6, 2009 2:47:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

marcelg

Join Date 02/2009

Hi, i love the game, but even i have captured some empty extractors on asteroid belt, now i'm unable to capture an enemy ones, which is the method to capture it?, i suppose that must be whith a colonize ship, but i'm lost.

Thanks  a lot.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 6, 2009 5:11:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TEC and Advent can capture neutral or enemy extractors in uncolonizable gravwells with their colony ships.  Vasari use their scout ship.  If you're referring to an enemy planet's extractors, you will first have to destroy the planet and blow up the extractors on its asteroids.  Then you can use the normal procedure of ordering extractors from the logistics tab once you have colonized the planet for your faction.

March 6, 2009 5:59:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you can only steal neutral extractors in plasma storms gas giants or asteroid belts Vasari use their scout ships to capture them   advent and TEC use colony ships. if you want to take over extractors from an enemy planet, you will first have to bomb the planet, colonize it, kil the enemy extractors and build your own

neutral extractors cannot be destroyed only captured, and are superior to regular extractors, so capture them if you can for a major income boost "dont let the enemy have them either!!!!!"

March 6, 2009 6:40:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Mazuo and Shadow_of_Light, i mean in an asteroid belt!, now i'm playing with vasari race(green cross sign) , i known that the capital ship to colonize is jarrasul evacuator or jarun migrator frigate, but when i try to attack the enemy extractors on asteroid belt, game say: target is currently invulnerable(normal, as asteroid belt can`t be destroyed), if i choice colonize it says that i must use it only in neutral ssytems, what i'm doing wrong?, but also it says that can be captured, but how?

OK, reading in full i see that i need a scout ship, i will try it.

Thanks again to both for the answers.

Good luck.

March 6, 2009 6:49:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, your scout ship will have the ability to capture those extractors

March 6, 2009 6:50:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ok, solution found, as i build mostly capital ships or jarrasul evacuator to build star bases i never have acces to capture extractors, now i have builded a jikara navigator and it have the option of capture extractors.

Thanks again for let me found the solution, the printed game manual  is good, but don't tell nothing about that matter.

Good luck

March 6, 2009 6:50:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasari use their scouts to capture neutral extractors,  also  it is the Capture neutral extractor ability that captures neutral extracotrs.....  Colonize only .. as the name suggest.. colonizes

so  as an

Advent,  use a Missionary vessel "colony ship variant"  it has both colonize and capture neutral extractor ability

TEC, use a Colony ship it has both colonize and capture neutral extractor ability

Vasari, use a SCOUT it has both auto-scout ability and capture neutral extractor

becuase scouts are pretty mobile  vasari tend to capture neutral extractors pretty fast

so again, the only ship that has capture neutral extractor ability for the vasari are SCOUTS

March 11, 2009 3:28:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: