Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

All Quiet on the SINS front...

Are we there yet?

By on May 10, 2009 1:09:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

FlyingNinja77

Join Date 04/2008
+10

The latest SINS patch is well out the door, and now Demigod has been launched and is being brought up to speed.

Now, this is entirely, 110% my childish impatience and giddyness, and is not intended at all to be a shot or whine at the devs BUT...

Any news on the next SINS expansion? Or a new SINS patch? Or anything, really? I check this site every day, prettymuch compulsively, to see if there are any frontpage updates.

I just love this game too much. I need to get out.

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 10, 2009 2:15:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

More dev journals pls!

May 10, 2009 11:09:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

maybe a weekly update, sorta like bungie does/did with halo

saying that, im being very cautious, because, (and im not aiming to offend any bungie fanboys here) but Bungie really screwed around and had way too much fun at work and because of it screwed up 2 of what could have been absolutely mindblowing games.

so, yeah, a weekly or even fortnightly updates, just about general goings on but also about Sins updates etc would be FANTASTIC!!! although, if PR is taking up too much programming time, then AXE it.

May 10, 2009 1:10:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, GPG and Stardock just finished up with fixing most of the proxy server issues with Demigod. Actually, to be honest, I'm not even sure if Stardock was 100% involved with that; nor how much Ironclad's been related to that if any.

However, I know that GPG + Stardock IS working on a free expansion to Demigod. Hopefully this coming week should reveal more as they can move on to more creative pursuits for Sins.

May 10, 2009 2:19:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah it has been about 6 weeks since any new news was posted under the news heading.  What's up?

May 10, 2009 2:40:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I bet Demigod is reason for this...

In any case - I'll sign up to this thread and ask the same question

Any news?

May 10, 2009 2:42:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Seems like everything is dropped dead on the patch and expansion news, I want to know whats going on

May 10, 2009 3:25:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ironclad was contracted to help with demigod!

May 10, 2009 3:29:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the people at ironclad are busy assembling a massive-uber 50 capship 10000 supply advent/tec/vasari fleet to go curbstomp the demigods for taking up so much pr time.

May 10, 2009 4:03:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I doubt ic had much to do with optimising demigod, it would probably take some time to fully understand the code and everything. however, SD surely is quite busy with this and since it's sd people, yarlen for example, that post the patch notes, that might account for the absence. after all, the release of the new patches was not expected earlier than the coming days.

as for the new expansion. well, they say they are crazy busy with doing new stuff and I guess they have been doing stuff since about the entrenchment release. hope that when they reveal new info, it will have reached some state already. given that a tentativer release date is late summer and eventual beta could take something like 1 - 2 months (which would put its start at rougly in july), they should have something halfway working by now.

anyways, hope for new info and keep working you guys. less talk = more work = earlier release dates.

May 10, 2009 6:39:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually, I think it is possible that IC was helping out with getting Demigod up. I remember Frogboy saying a while ago that they pulled people off the Elemental team to help with Demigod.

May 10, 2009 8:11:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Elemental is being made by Stardock, not Ironclad. Ironclad said (on these forums) that in a week or so there will be a patch to SOASE + Entrenchment. Also there was information on impulsedriven.net that next SOASE expansion (diplomatic?) is delayed, so they are hard at work. Silence berore a storm, so to speak.

May 28, 2009 7:27:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Im just necro-ing this, because there are have been a number of recently and currently active threads asking for more dev news and more interaction with the community, and when asked about it, the powers that be give smart arse answers...

i know im not going to get any kharma for this, but i really dont think higher-ups should have their asses kissed no matter what they do.

just some regular info in an easily accessible place, 5 mins to write about whats happening... i.e. right, so the next patches are ready to go we are just waiting for some more beta testing to be completed and you will get it.

rather than having to scry through every single forum post for scraps and tidbits from whoever seems to care enough to write.

i mean, in other forums, even the forum moderators are kept up to date and can answer some of the slightly more complicated questions.

so why does IC/SD have to be so uptight and secretive, and then lash out when the community, the people who are keeping them in a job, ask for more regular/more reliable news updates

May 28, 2009 12:48:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Don't care about a new patch or expansion... more interest to have the mod tools for the actual version... maybe they wait that a new sins/entrenchment version is released before give us the tools needed for the actual version...

Stardock need to learn release the mod tools in the same time that a patch and/or expansion...

May 28, 2009 5:09:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I posted 3 comments in this thread that should answer all your questions: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/353370 

Just ignore my crankiness, everyone has a rainy day! 

May 28, 2009 9:52:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Blair Fraser,
I posted 3 comments in this thread that should answer all your questions: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/353370 

Just ignore my crankiness, everyone has a rainy day! 

yeah, i understand, sorry about my rash actions, i could have handled it better but i guess that reply from you just ticked me off the wrong way

Buddies? =P

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000640   Page Render Time: