Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment v1.03 Change Log

By on June 3, 2009 4:59:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

Next week we're planning to release the v1.03 update for Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment.  In keeping with all the Entrenchment goodness, v1.03 will only be available via Impulse (http://www.impulsedriven.com) to registered customers.

WARNING:  THIS UPDATE MAY INVALIDATE EXISTING SAVE GAMES.

• Gameplay / Balance -
    • All race's carrier cruiser's max speed reduced from 500 to 450.
    • Carrier's squadron buildrate penalty with enemy units in the gravity well reduced from 25% to 15%.
    • Fixed a bug in the pathfinder that caused it to favor sub-optimal paths for between system travel.
    • Fixed incorrect start conditions on Double Cross map.
    • Tweaked the equation for damage reduction so that it is more stable for large negative armor values.
    • Magnetic Cloud orbit bodies now disable all abilities, not just those requiring antimatter.
    • Marza Dreadnought:
      • Missile Barrage number of waves increased from 20 to 25.
      • Missile Barrage damage per wave reduced from 150 to 120.
      • Missile Barrage missile travel effect made unique from its normal missile weapon's effect.
    • Transcencia Starbase:
      • Final Judgement rebalanced so that it applies its damage more evenly between activations so that planets have less opportunity to rebuild infrastructure while this ability is cooling down.
      • Final Judgement antimatter cost reduced from 200 to 150
      • Final Judgement cooldown reduced from 120 to 60
      • Final Judgement meteor strikes increased from 3/6 to 4/8
      • Final Judgement meteor strikes frequency reduced from every 3 secs to every 5 secs
      • Final Judgement bombing damage reduced from 300 to 120
      • Final Judgement population killed reduced from 40 to 15
      • Fixed incorrect range values for Final Judgement level 2.
      • Meteor Storm target area of effect reduced from 4000/6000 to 4000/5000
    • Fixed a bug in the AI that caused too few anti-structure ships to be built when preparing to attack enemy starbases.
  • Graphics and Effects -
    • Marza Missile Barrage missile travel effect made unique from its normal missile weapon's effect.
  • Networking / Multiplayer -
    • Fixed a bug where extra gaps could be added between lines of text in multiplayer chat.
    • Fixed missing multiplayer chat characters with some non-English languages.
    • Fixed not being able to create ICO account and player names with certain non-English characters.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause the ICO lobby to disappear.
  • User Interface / HUD -
    • Income summaries no longer overflow in such a way that per planet elements are mis-rendered.
    • Fixed some bad zooming behavior when you try and get too close (especially on small entities like fighters).
    • Fixed a bug where you couldn't zoom in past a certain distance despite changes to the zoom scalar for the given entity. The minimum distance is still restricted to the entity's radius or 20m for objects will spatial extents (e.g. debris).
    • Starbase upgrades can now be queued from starbases that are under construction.
  • Modding -
    • Fixed zoom scaling bug (see above).
    • Option to disable shield rendering per entity.
  • Misc. -
    • Fixed a rare crash bug caused by Jump Degradation ability of Overseer cruisers.
    • Fixed a rare sync error caused by loading differences between FAT32 and NTFS file systems.
Locked Post 128 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 3, 2009 5:06:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wahoo!

June 3, 2009 5:21:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Woot...If the posting system isn't that buggy, I would also post on the 1.17

June 3, 2009 7:18:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok, this is can't be it. This spells waves of LRF's. You nerf the carriers again. Which were only weakly able to counter lrf's after the last nerf. Via the fighters. So now you cut into there survivablity more. I wonder sometimes......

June 3, 2009 7:25:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow carriers got nerfed more. This was the main complaint. Carriers are about useless now. Now LRF will be able to keep up and kill Carriers even easier. Thsi will only enforce more LRF spam and truely give carriers the final blow they needed to be 100% obsolete again. And I ain't playing a LRF spam game.

But I agree with everything else. But the main issue has been totaly missed.

Carriers got the final nail in their coffin!

Quoting Blair Fraser,
Oh believe me I wanted to slow them down before but we wanted to verify it wouldn't have any other unintended consequences to the balance (and I had to convince everyone else it was a problem )

Jack, the reason is that kiting increases the effectiveness of carriers beyond their intended effectiveness and its very annoying.

I understand why you want to slow them down compared to before they got the 75% penalty nerf. But now with the way the Fighters get anyhilated this will only mean you will be to counter and easyly destroy carrier with LRFs. Just have a few flaks and all those carriers are now floating junk. You REALLY need to remove the build penalty nerf or increase fighter survivabilaty or I will tear out the last few carrier strategy pages I got left. And they aren't many left.

June 3, 2009 7:30:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This may sound newbish and correct me if Im wrong but from Im reading if there are neutrals in a Magnetic clouds now there is literaly no way of getting them now?

June 3, 2009 7:36:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They are no neutrals in magnetic clouds ever. You comfusing with plasma storms witch prevent the launch of strike craft.

June 3, 2009 7:37:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This may sound newbish and correct me if Im wrong but from Im reading if there are neutrals in a Magnetic clouds now there is literaly no way of getting them now?

There never was any way of getting them.  Which also happens to be why there are no neutrals in magnetic clouds.  Go figure.

June 3, 2009 7:44:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Magnetic Clouds have always been designed as having zero neutral resource nodes so it shouldn't be a problem.

June 3, 2009 7:45:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cykur,

There never was any way of getting them.  Which also happens to be why there are no neutrals in magnetic clouds.  Go figure.

How about adding them again but to capture them you need to build a SB there. First to build gets the neutrals. To take them over you need to build your own SB and destroy his. Should there be other SB in the gravwell neutrals should transfer by the Build order the SBs were built. Would be interesting.

June 3, 2009 7:54:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ai... still... dont... use... crew... extractor?

June 3, 2009 8:07:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Now Carriers, the already underpowerd units, have been nerfed even further. Where is the balance in that? Come on! The nerf on the marza is great but that is a small balance issue. look at carriers they have a -75% build rate and now that flack is buffed there is no real early game counter to LRFs. now it is becoming a 1 strat game again.  

June 3, 2009 8:27:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How about adding them again but to capture them you need to build a SB there. First to build gets the neutrals. To take them over you need to build your own SB and destroy his. Should there be other SB in the gravwell neutrals should transfer by the Build order the SBs were built. Would be interesting.

I think the Magnetic Cloud would prevent you from building SB in the first place.

June 3, 2009 8:30:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah I thought of that after. Unlest they make 1 exception for starbases since this could mean you can't pass a critical trade line by building a SB there anymore.

June 3, 2009 8:32:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You were never supposed to be able to build anything in Magnetic Clouds.

June 3, 2009 8:35:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Final Nail

June 3, 2009 8:35:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fixed a bug in the AI that caused too few anti-structure ships to be built when preparing to attack enemy starbases.

I've gotten my Transcendia attacked a few times by no less than 40 Ogrovs 

June 3, 2009 8:36:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Blair Fraser,
You were never supposed to be able to build anything in Magnetic Clouds.

Aww then I hope I don't get mag clouds in my way then. *Crosses fingers*

June 3, 2009 8:41:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Fixed a bug in the AI that caused too few anti-structure ships to be built when preparing to attack enemy starbases.

I've gotten my Transcendia attacked a few times by no less than 40 Ogrovs 

Yeah, me too, although I was Vasari. It also happened once when both my friend and I had a SB in the same gravity well. They both popped so fast, I don't think they even managed to kill one Ogrov. It was really fustrating, because they were both maxed out on defences+weapons.

June 3, 2009 8:43:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

great picture Ead. that basically sums up the new nerf for carriers.

June 3, 2009 8:47:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting top vasari,
great picture Ead. that basically sums up the new nerf for carriers.

Cool! Now give me Karma

June 3, 2009 9:26:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well MP was broken, it is still, and will still be broken. After the fix.

June 3, 2009 10:31:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds pretty good! I like all the changes, I think they reflect the community's thoughts. The only thing missing is to fix the LRF spam that has got a bunch o' folks up in arms. 

Perhaps a small increase in cost to all LRF's (very small like 20 credits and 5 resources) with a slight decrease to hull and shields?  

I think Carriers reflect where they should be in relation to other ships now. The issue seems to be with the cost to benefit ratio of LRF's. (EDIT: by "now" I mean after the reduction in speed. How carriers are after this patch is where I think they should be, pending testing)

Good work guys!

June 3, 2009 10:38:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As I said in the 1.17 thread: "The flak/carrier/lrm relationship debate is still raging here at Ironclad central too (and to a smaller extent the long term usefulness of lights). The kiting fix was happening regardless."

June 3, 2009 10:42:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah I just read that. My bad! hard to keep on top of the different versions and discussions.

June 3, 2009 10:43:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WTF, this CAN'T be right!!!

What about dropping supply points for Siege Frigates from 14 to 10?

What about applying a max number of target to the Marza's missile barrage?

What about increasing the supply points of LRF by +1?

What about decreasing the supply points of LF by -1?

This update is BS, I'm going to bed!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time: