Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Sacrifice of Angels 2 Entrenchment

SoA 2 0.3e.102

By on July 3, 2009 4:21:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Download Rebellion
Download Rebellion Patch
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
1969 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 3, 2009 4:24:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED

Please comment at our new thread

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2

July 3, 2009 5:59:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Its continuing.

You guys are the best.

July 3, 2009 6:03:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome! the mod lives on.

Big onya stress and good luck to the SoA2Team.

July 3, 2009 6:15:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If it is needed and since I am no longer tied up with the B5 mod, I can help you guys out by creating player portraits, music scores and dialogue sounds for the mod like I did for the Cardassians a long time ago.

In any case, good luck!

July 3, 2009 7:06:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Glad to hear this is still going forward.

No hard feelings Major Stress.

Darkshimmer, I'm ready, willing, and able to help out wherever I can.

July 3, 2009 7:12:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you guys need file hosting space (so you don't have to put your files up on crap sites like RapidShare etc) I will happily oblige. No ads, fast downloads from a 100mbps symmetrical connection, direct links.

July 3, 2009 7:31:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I apologize for being snarky to Stress too. Everybody has rough times. I, barely being more than an observer, shouldn't have been abrasive either.

I appreciated his final post in the old thread.

July 3, 2009 8:49:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sorry guys i haven't been around work has me pretty tied up atm. 

Loki i got a borg balance sheet done for you, still needs tweaking, please remove the borg cube as a cruiser, its not going to work i'll explain why later.

Dragoon, lets round up the beta team, who are active, those who are not lets remove them from getting access. Also need you to record bugs and post them on the main post please. 

Obviously we still have things to do and with my limited time i will most likely release the mod shortly and ask the community to contribute from there forward. If you have stations or abilities you want to be in the mod, please email them to me so i can look at them, I would also ask that you post bugs here for the mod team to record and test, then we will patch as needed. 

July 3, 2009 8:52:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All testers who are still going to be testing email, IM or pm me please so I can get the list to Shimmer. I'll be sending out emails also.

Any bugs found you can send to me or post them and I'll get them up on the main topic.

July 3, 2009 9:02:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you guys need any more testers due to a drop-off in the list of previous testers, let me know. I am a software engineer by profession and have debugged my fair share of mini dumps with SOASE mods, using the dev exe, interpreting its cryptic error output, and so forth. If desired, I am also able to implement balance changes in the .entity files if they are described to me -- it takes less time for someone to write up "change X attribute to Y" or "make X ship slightly faster" than to actually edit the .entity file, test it, fix minidumps, etc.

So yeah, not sure how "open" this project is, or whether it needs more contributors and testers -- but if so, get in touch!

July 3, 2009 10:52:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

mm so confusion over ill need re inviting to sync i left after what stress had put in fear of losing all the work (not just the borg) there

kk will talk about the cube i am sure there is some way to have the "cake and eat it too" the idea i had with it was allowing the player to have more than one cube lol in any battle but lets say if 20 cruisers can kill it (lets say the cost of 1000 , 200, 200 per fed cruiser vs the borg cube) then the cube would cost the same so e.g. 20,000 4000 4000 not to mention the build time of atleast 5mins ! lol

in terms of the offers above from what i have been working on aka the borg they need icons + portraites doing since i totally lack those skills ! In terms of sound and speach files etc i stll need a few but will need to talk about those (perhaps a borg UI lol if its even possible to have multiple game UIs)

I shall see if i can also get the klingon tech tree finally finished before i turn my full attention to the borg !

July 3, 2009 11:03:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WOOT WOOT SOA 2 LIVES.  I will need re invited to snyc as well . Followed suit with loki .

July 3, 2009 11:29:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cool stuff, gents! Eagery waiting progress!

July 3, 2009 12:22:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome!! Hate to be a ass, (then again, I wouldn't be the first) but I would be very cautious about what "help" is accepted as another tantrum may be thrown that could set the team back again.

July 3, 2009 1:17:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You dont have to worry about any more of my "Mental meltdowns". Maybe just a snide comment, or two

That incident was the first, and LAST time it will happen. A straight 8 hours of sleep fixed that problem. Of course when i woke up i said WTF was i thinking? I took measures like having the previous topic locked and a new one started to make sure it wont happen again. It is obvious my RL problems are causing too much trouble. I come here, and do this to get away from my troubles.. not cause more. That is why Shimmer is now in charge. It is done. Let us move on.

Darshimmer you "should" already have everything i have finished so far. The only thing i am still working on is the fed starbase, and that is 99% finished. Just needs some more UV remapping. Of course XSI, and Vista dont mix very well. So i may just send the re-mapped 3ds to you and let you convert it.

July 3, 2009 3:50:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sweet the mod lives on but i am still guessing that the new patch wont come to after the summer

July 3, 2009 4:58:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good to hear you've come to your better senses stress.

Its ok, every body's allowed an outburst now and then. At least your better than 99.999999999% of the internet (I may have left out some 9s)

July 3, 2009 5:08:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I hope the mod adds some distance between ships. One of the few flaws of Sins is how the ships can all clump up on each other in formation, with pretty much zero distance between each other. Basically, they look like they're grinding down each other's hulls. This uh, looks really bad and we all know that ramming is pretty devastating in Star Trek.
July 3, 2009 6:25:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am so relieved that this is not going to completely come to a halt.

Thanks for all of the hard work that you guys have done and I am proud to say that if we can see progress like we were seeing before the new SOASE patch, than I am quite confident that a new version should be quickly on the horizon.

As for your meltdown Stress, it's alright.  If everyone hasn't been able to notice yet that's kinda what you do, get worked up (stressed like your name implies).  I am just glad that everything got resolved and didn't end badly for everyone.

Take care guys and I'll see you around the forums.

July 3, 2009 6:39:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting darkshimmer,

Obviously we still have things to do and with my limited time i will most likely release the mod shortly and ask the community to contribute from there forward.

Way to go. I have already extensively remodded 3c and are looking forward to to playing and modding the entrenchment version. I would be happy to contribute anyway I can with the mod.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to 3c. An awsome mod that can only get better.

July 3, 2009 6:55:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

just to let everyone know there has been 2796 downloads since I uploaded soa 2 0.3c on the 8th of may , and to keep an eye on the thread

harpo

July 3, 2009 7:54:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry Stress I didint want to disturbe you but have you been able to se Empok that I have done ? Tnx.

July 3, 2009 11:06:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Interesting.

Quoting DeltaAssault,
I hope the mod adds some distance between ships. One of the few flaws of Sins is how the ships can all clump up on each other in formation, with pretty much zero distance between each other. Basically, they look like they're grinding down each other's hulls. This uh, looks really bad and we all know that ramming is pretty devastating in Star Trek.

Given the size of the ships, it will bound to clump, even the basic ships clump together, unless if they all move at the same speed, otherwise you will get ships boucing around to get to their spot

July 3, 2009 11:13:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting LegateBesla,
Sorry Stress I didint want to disturbe you but have you been able to se Empok that I have done ? Tnx.

Yes i did, sorry i haven't got back with you. Many things going on as you can understand. The original Nor Station model that we planned on using IMO is a better choice for the mod.

The plan is that we are going to release what we have finished so far. In about a week or so. Im not sure exactly when. It depends if we can get the dump situations with the borg fixed, and the dev exe errors ironed out. I spoke with Shimmer, and he said this would be the best thing to do for now. Understand the entrenchment version is still in a beta state. Much will be incomplete, and there is still a tremendous amount of work yet to do. Some things like the Fed starbase wont have a model (using default sins model with fed starbase stats).

After the release we plan on letting the community contribute to the mod. This is something else Shimmer and I discussed. Wether it be models, ability's, stats, etc. Just do not take it personal in any way if what you do gets rejected in favor of something else that we feel is better. Both Shimmer, and i are extremely busy in RL. So the community contribution plan we feel is the best way to go.

We tried to give the ships more spacing. While we got them to spread out a bit in formations, it seems there is nothing to stop the ships from clumping together, or going out of thier way to hit the damn asteroids.

July 4, 2009 12:24:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow, a new start over...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001766   Page Render Time: