Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[v0.43]Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races {Diplomacy1.34} *UPDATE 08.12.2012*

Babylon 5 mod effort for Sins

By on August 17, 2009 4:40:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TobiWahn_Ke...

Join Date 08/2008
+56

This is the story of the last of the Babylon 5 mod-efforts. It's goal, to prevent another failure, by creating a place to solve our problems collaboratively. Its a port of call, home away from home, for modelers, texturers, programmers and sound engineers. 

Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races

Disclaimer:
The authors are not responsible for any damage that may arise from using this mod. This mod may not be sold under any circumstances. It may be downloaded, as long as it does not violate the laws of the state/country you live in. This disclaimer must always be distributed with the mod. For other used please contact me personally.

Thanks to the TEAM:
2D Artist: Tobias Liebhart (TobiWahn_Kenobi), SteinerX
Bughunters: Rob Cummings, cybertx, Darvroth, Peter1x9, ZombiesRus5
Coders: Ronie Albesa (zRazor), Rob Cummings (NewHorizons), Davroth, EvilTesla-RG, Rodney Jenkings (HotRod), Tobias Liebhart, Zvezdochets
Model Templates: Amras-Arfeiniel, James Newman (Firehawk)
Modelers: Ronie Albesa, Amras-Arfeiniel, Fileosoft, Johan Klaver, Koobalt, Tobias Liebhart, Stefan May, Timmaigh, Pauli Valkeejärvi (Hawkwall), Zvezdochets
Musician: Pauli Valkeejärvi
Research: Rob Cummings, Darvroth, Rodney Jenkins
PR: Darvroth, SteinerX
Sounds: Rob Cummings, Pauli Valkeejärvi, Zvezdochets
Texturers:  Tobias Liebhart, SteinerX, TFL_BigBangTheory, Timmaigh, Pauli Valkeejärvi, ZombiesRus5

Additional support: boshimi336, Lavo_2, myfist0, Gürol Salk (Geopard)

And to
MysticAngel for the Automated Fighter docking ability
The Babylon 5 X3TC team

And thanks to all those modelers whose work is a inspiration and a template for creating ingame assets

If I forgot anyone, please contact me so I can give proper credit. (There seem to be so many decent people involved at the moment)

Release 0.44

not yet ready (planned release summer 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation instructions:

Put contents into the gameInfo directory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

put the folder "b5-sotyr"

using winxp
C:\Documents and Settings\'user name'\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34

using vista/windows 7
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34

PreAlpha 0.44 for Sins Rebellion 1.82

Contents:

Races:
    Minbari
    EA
    Narn
    Centauri
    Shadows
    Vorlon

Models:

General:
        Jumpgate

Minbari:
        Tinashi
        Nial (Tishat)
        Flyer
        Sharlin (Sharkaan, Sharoos)
        Neroon
        Neshatan
        Leshath

Earth Alliance:
        Avenger Carrier
        Artemis Frigate
        Hermes Transport
        Omega Destroyer
        Hyperion
        Sagittarius Cruiser
        Starfury Aurora
        Victory Destroyer
        EA Explorer
        Apollo
        Starfury Badger
        NOVA Dreadnought
        Global Orbital Defense
        Poseidon Super Carrier

Shadows:
        Ancient Battlecrab
        DeathCloud
        Scout
        Young Battlecrab (smaller)
        Fighter
        Carrier

Narn:
        G'Quan
        BinTak
        Ka'Toc
        Dag'Kar
        Frazi
        Gorith

Centauri:
        Vorchan
        Primus
        Centurion
        Liati
        Corvan

Vorlon:
        Fighter
        Heavy Drone
        Siege Frigate
        Transport
        Destroyer
        Heavy Cruiser
        Light Cruiser

Raiders:
        Zephyr Fighter
        Carrier

Abilities:
    in progress (too many to list)

Starbases:
    Starbases for younger Races ( Military, Jumpgate )
    Jumpgates for EA, Narn, Centauri and Minbari (not all buildable)

Research:
    EA
    Centauri
    Minbari
    Narn
    Vorlon
    Shadow

GUI:
    Fonts
    Intro Music
    Loadscreens
    Intro Videos
    Icons

Music:
    Battle music 1, 2, 3
    Quiet music 1, 2, 4, 5

Sounds:
    Vorchan Ion cannon

General addendum:

- Due to missing hull regeneration ships will appear damaged upon researching hull upgrades. This only affects ships built before the upgrade was researched

SOTYR manual

If anyone wants to contribute to this mod, please contact me. Any models, sounds, music, textures, abilities and so on are welcomed. I will however keep control of the stats (with input from the most active members/posters).

Home
https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/wiki/Home

Screenshots
https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/wiki/Home#!screenshots

Bug reporting over here (you need to be a member of Origo and the team, if you want to do this, please contact me)
https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/issues?status=new&status=open

Old Blog with screenshots and infos maintained by SteinerX can be found here (*OUT OF DATE*)
http://babylon5ins.blogspot.com/

Yours TobiWahn_Kenobi

4665 Replies +7
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 17, 2009 5:10:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I put some screen shots from this mod at LINK

http://babylon5ins.blogspot.com/

I will update the blog with each new release, so keep'em coming ...

August 17, 2009 6:21:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

very nice!

August 17, 2009 11:13:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wonderful artwork!! Wanna do some loading screens? You're gifted!

August 17, 2009 11:33:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It would be a pleasure!

Just tell me what you need ...

August 17, 2009 12:57:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very nice work steinerx the page looks great. Keep up the good work also Tobiwahn im really looking forward to this mod wish i could help but im not skilled in anything with modding

August 17, 2009 7:39:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm...

Yes, this is some good artwork!

On the 24th, I rebegin work on my Tri-Pirate mod.

(I have some forums in the 7DS forums)

I am good at coding, maby if you do some 2D work for me, I'll make some code for you (abilities, ship code, ect)

if you wish, just post in my section on the 7DS forums.

August 17, 2009 11:58:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Modders Help required

"We still need research, icons, music & sounds, abilities, and so on..." TobiWahn_Kenobi

August 18, 2009 12:04:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am good at coding, maby if you do some 2D work for me, I'll make some code for you (abilities, ship code, ect)

Help is always great to to get! Please, PM TobiWahn to see what he needs.

I'll contact you at 7DS!

Thank you very much for your offer to help!

August 18, 2009 12:10:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

very nice!

Very nice work steinerx the page looks great.

Yes, this is some good artwork!

Wonderful artwork!! Wanna do some loading screens? You're gifted!

Thank you for your comments, I've been waiting for a B5 mod for sometime. And have been inspired by this mod to do what I can to keep this mod rolling, Thanks to TobiWahn!

August 18, 2009 4:06:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for all the support! I will try to contact dan once I got a list of the needed abilities. If any 7ds modder needs some help, you can always ask me. I dunno if I can help, but if I do and have the time it is my pleasure. The next few month will be used for Babylon 5 though.

Had a setback yesterday - wanted to install 2x2gb ram (my motherborad has a max of 3,3GB though) but one of them seems to be damaged. So I need to return it today to get a working one (hopefully). And my Windows 7 wallpaper is gone for good (cannot chose any picture, only background colour - anyone knowing a fix?) so I need to care for my machine first. Afterwards, as soon as I made a backup of my files (for obvious safty reasons) I will try to finish work on the avenger carrier from Zvezdochets. 

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

PS.: SteinerX - What about the idea of you making some loading screens? Wouldn't that be great?  

Thanks again to you all! You're my motivation.

August 18, 2009 4:39:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

PS.: SteinerX - What about the idea of you making some loading screens? Wouldn't that be great?

Sorry, I answered this request before, but didn't quote it.

It would be a pleasure!

Just tell me what you need ...

I need to know size(kb/mb)/dimensions/number of images you need, then consider it done!

August 18, 2009 5:27:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wonderful! Will send it to you as soon as I get home and my computer working. I would as you to make them twice the original size though, as we probably want to make the loadingscreen picture bigger in a later stage. We wouldn't have to redo it then

Thanks again!

August 18, 2009 8:17:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wonderful! Will send it to you as soon as I get home and my computer working. I would as you to make them twice the original size though, as we probably want to make the loadingscreen picture bigger in a later stage. We wouldn't have to redo it then

Thanks again!

No problem, I'm more than happy to help you with this mod!

August 19, 2009 11:30:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For ship EA need create few new abilities: Selfdestruction - like mine, if ship very damaged and no escape he may ram enemy ship and destroy her together with itself. I try create this ability on base "AbilityTechSpaceMineDetonate", but my ship explosived if eneme ship approach. And, by default detonate mine ENABLED . If create new ability - minidump error. Use Entrenchment v 1.0

And new ship - antimatter tanker, for supply battleship when he used weapon abilities. This ship may use "antimatter recharger" and off antimatter restore on board this ship.

May who help me in make this abilities ?

August 19, 2009 12:54:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

zvezdochets you can look in sins of the 13th empire   that mod has a ram ability on one of their cap ships you can look at it  and see if you can find the error in your code.  or if your simply approaching it from the wrong angel.  Also there is an ai trigger type      "HullDamageExceedsAmount"  if you set this to a certian number  you should be able to maintain  what you are looking for.

August 19, 2009 3:11:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The 7DS Team are with us! Peachy!

Sins of the younger races

August 19, 2009 5:37:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Zvezdochets,
For ship EA need create few new abilities: Selfdestruction - like mine, if ship very damaged and no escape he may ram enemy ship and destroy her together with itself. I try create this ability on base "AbilityTechSpaceMineDetonate", but my ship explosived if eneme ship approach. And, by default detonate mine ENABLED . If create new ability - minidump error. Use Entrenchment v 1.0

And new ship - antimatter tanker, for supply battleship when he used weapon abilities. This ship may use "antimatter recharger" and off antimatter restore on board this ship.

May who help me in make this abilities ?

for the new ability minidump it probably is the entity.manifest issue where you NEED to add all new entity's to the entity manifest and also alter the count of entities, or you could use my manifest maker from the thread or modding utility pack fron the bottom of the OP

harpo

August 20, 2009 3:42:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Guys, thanks for your support!! Can't tell you how happy I am to have you onboard this forum.

I'm currently in the process of texturing the Avenger Carrier. It's about 50% complete I guess, but will take a little more time. I'm using a modified version of Zvezdochets Carrier model and I hope you're going to like it. Thanks again Zvezdochets!

Next model will be the Victory Class Destroyer (Excalibur) because EvilTesla-RG has promised to make the main-beam weapon as an ability.

PS.: If you have finished the ram ability, could you send it to me as well? Thank you!

PPS.: I already got an ability from EvilTesla-RG, the Tractor beam. I will try to include it this weekend - will be available for the sharlin cruiser (perhaps the sharoos/sharkaan as well, but I doubt it. I would rather have different abilities for the other two - any ideas?) Thanks to you EvilTesla-RG!! And thanks to SteinerX again, who made this possible!

Hope to release the next playtest-Version (pre-Alpha) soon.

August 21, 2009 3:35:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

First, got another Ability from EvilTesla-RG (Thanks alot) which I will implement as soon as I have finished the textures on the Avenger.

Second, got some answers from the devs (blair fraser to be precise)
http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/361995 

Cheers!

August 23, 2009 1:29:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Great to here from Blair!

Tobiwahn - I'll drop some loading screens on the blog as and when they're done, let me know which you like and I'll send you the larger files!

Link to Sins of the Younger Races Blog

August 23, 2009 2:00:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And so it begins

v0.31 is ready.

@SteinerX
I like all of them very much (espescially the one with the sharlin). If you don't mind, I'd like to have some 'action' scenes as well if possible (some ships firing into the cam or onto another ship, infight between q'quan cruiser and Vorchan or something like this.

I would also like to replace the figures from the loading screen (ie. your representation) with kosh and a shadow creature or mr. morden or lorin or something like this (if you got ideas, please tell me)

August 23, 2009 2:05:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Zvezdochet

What kind of Format do you want the avenger cruiser and textures in? You can, if this is sufficient, also take the model from the PreAlpha 0.31, but if you need the carrier in Collada or 3ds, and the textures in tga or something, just tell me.

Thanks again for the model base and keep an eye on the polygon normals

August 23, 2009 2:19:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I didn't watch the series, but I'm looking forward to this mod because I did catch a few of the movies on Sci-Fi (I will never call them "sy-fy") and I really liked all the different ships I saw. I didn't know what they did, but they looked cool and there were explosions, which is all anyone watching scifi is really looking for.

Any mod that adds to Sins' longevity is a good mod to me. Good Luck getting it up and running!

August 23, 2009 6:40:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not ended ... work in progress. EA "Artemis" frigate.

August 24, 2009 3:58:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nice one. I'm awaiting this with anticipation!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000844   Page Render Time: