Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[v0.43]Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races {Diplomacy1.34} *UPDATE 08.12.2012*

Babylon 5 mod effort for Sins

By on August 17, 2009 4:40:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TobiWahn_Ke...

Join Date 08/2008
+58

This is the story of the last of the Babylon 5 mod-efforts. It's goal, to prevent another failure, by creating a place to solve our problems collaboratively. Its a port of call, home away from home, for modelers, texturers, programmers and sound engineers. 

Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races

Disclaimer:
The authors are not responsible for any damage that may arise from using this mod. This mod may not be sold under any circumstances. It may be downloaded, as long as it does not violate the laws of the state/country you live in. This disclaimer must always be distributed with the mod. For other used please contact me personally.

Thanks to the TEAM:
2D Artist: Tobias Liebhart (TobiWahn_Kenobi), SteinerX
Bughunters: Rob Cummings, cybertx, Darvroth, Peter1x9, ZombiesRus5
Coders: Ronie Albesa (zRazor), Rob Cummings (NewHorizons), Davroth, EvilTesla-RG, Rodney Jenkings (HotRod), Tobias Liebhart, Zvezdochets
Model Templates: Amras-Arfeiniel, James Newman (Firehawk)
Modelers: Ronie Albesa, Amras-Arfeiniel, Fileosoft, Johan Klaver, Koobalt, Tobias Liebhart, Stefan May, Timmaigh, Pauli Valkeejärvi (Hawkwall), Zvezdochets
Musician: Pauli Valkeejärvi
Research: Rob Cummings, Darvroth, Rodney Jenkins
PR: Darvroth, SteinerX
Sounds: Rob Cummings, Pauli Valkeejärvi, Zvezdochets
Texturers:  Tobias Liebhart, SteinerX, TFL_BigBangTheory, Timmaigh, Pauli Valkeejärvi, ZombiesRus5

Additional support: boshimi336, Lavo_2, myfist0, Gürol Salk (Geopard)

And to
MysticAngel for the Automated Fighter docking ability
The Babylon 5 X3TC team

And thanks to all those modelers whose work is a inspiration and a template for creating ingame assets

If I forgot anyone, please contact me so I can give proper credit. (There seem to be so many decent people involved at the moment)

Release 0.44

not yet ready (planned release summer 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation instructions:

Put contents into the gameInfo directory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

put the folder "b5-sotyr"

using winxp
C:\Documents and Settings\'user name'\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34

using vista/windows 7
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.34

PreAlpha 0.44 for Sins Rebellion 1.82

Contents:

Races:
    Minbari
    EA
    Narn
    Centauri
    Shadows
    Vorlon

Models:

General:
        Jumpgate

Minbari:
        Tinashi
        Nial (Tishat)
        Flyer
        Sharlin (Sharkaan, Sharoos)
        Neroon
        Neshatan
        Leshath

Earth Alliance:
        Avenger Carrier
        Artemis Frigate
        Hermes Transport
        Omega Destroyer
        Hyperion
        Sagittarius Cruiser
        Starfury Aurora
        Victory Destroyer
        EA Explorer
        Apollo
        Starfury Badger
        NOVA Dreadnought
        Global Orbital Defense
        Poseidon Super Carrier

Shadows:
        Ancient Battlecrab
        DeathCloud
        Scout
        Young Battlecrab (smaller)
        Fighter
        Carrier

Narn:
        G'Quan
        BinTak
        Ka'Toc
        Dag'Kar
        Frazi
        Gorith

Centauri:
        Vorchan
        Primus
        Centurion
        Liati
        Corvan

Vorlon:
        Fighter
        Heavy Drone
        Siege Frigate
        Transport
        Destroyer
        Heavy Cruiser
        Light Cruiser

Raiders:
        Zephyr Fighter
        Carrier

Abilities:
    in progress (too many to list)

Starbases:
    Starbases for younger Races ( Military, Jumpgate )
    Jumpgates for EA, Narn, Centauri and Minbari (not all buildable)

Research:
    EA
    Centauri
    Minbari
    Narn
    Vorlon
    Shadow

GUI:
    Fonts
    Intro Music
    Loadscreens
    Intro Videos
    Icons

Music:
    Battle music 1, 2, 3
    Quiet music 1, 2, 4, 5

Sounds:
    Vorchan Ion cannon

General addendum:

- Due to missing hull regeneration ships will appear damaged upon researching hull upgrades. This only affects ships built before the upgrade was researched

SOTYR manual

If anyone wants to contribute to this mod, please contact me. Any models, sounds, music, textures, abilities and so on are welcomed. I will however keep control of the stats (with input from the most active members/posters).

Home
https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/wiki/Home

Screenshots
https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/wiki/Home#!screenshots

Bug reporting over here (you need to be a member of Origo and the team, if you want to do this, please contact me)
https://bitbucket.org/TobiWahn_Kenobi/sotyr/issues?status=new&status=open

Old Blog with screenshots and infos maintained by SteinerX can be found here (*OUT OF DATE*)
http://babylon5ins.blogspot.com/

Yours TobiWahn_Kenobi

4822 Replies +7
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 31, 2009 2:00:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What kind of program are you using? If Photoshop, its under the channels tab, where you have red, green, blue and (if exists) alpha channels. They are all seperate grayscale images. In the alpha channel, White represents opaque and black represents transparent with the gray values representing the intermediate transparency levels.

PM me if you need help!

August 31, 2009 7:15:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TobiWahn_Kenobi,
What kind of program are you using? If Photoshop, its under the channels tab, where you have red, green, blue and (if exists) alpha channels. They are all seperate grayscale images. In the alpha channel, White represents opaque and black represents transparent with the gray values representing the intermediate transparency levels.

PM me if you need help!

Thanks for the advice, it was the ALPHA! Now problem solved with your help and Fileosoft's, too. And XRasor's as well.

Cheers!

This was the problem:

Now fixed:

Character for Evil-Tesla's Tri Pirate Mod in 7DS + a B5 loading screen

September 1, 2009 1:29:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My gifts for today are two in-game loading characters:

1 - Vorlon

2 - EA - Starfurypilot (custom design with large amounts of artistic license)

Click on banner for the link ...

Let me know what you think, ps my birthday today a PreAlpha v0.32 would make an excellent gift ...

But, I can wait for my present ...

September 1, 2009 5:54:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I hope you finish the Loadingscreen.dds soon for inclusion in the mod. Can't wait to see Kosh giving me helpful hints

BTW I think we need to edit the brushes for all the Races to have loading screen Characters of their own. I will look into it when I have some spare time (and give you directions on how to implement them in a graphics file)

Enjoy the Birthday!

September 2, 2009 5:13:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tobiwahn - Great thanks for the present

I PMed you the link for current files for the loading screens (1,2,3,5&6) + Vorlon and EA pilot

BTW I think we need to edit the brushes for all the Races to have loading screen Characters of their own. I will look into it when I have some spare time (and give you directions on how to implement them in a graphics file)

Brushes?

I'll update the blog with new pics of PreAlpha 0.32, soon!

September 2, 2009 7:16:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Brushes IIRC are the definition file for the image files. They tell the program where to find the pictures (file, position) and label them for use in the entity files

September 2, 2009 8:38:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Brushes IIRC are the definition file for the image files. They tell the program where to find the pictures (file, position) and label them for use in the entity files

Interested!

New 0.32 screens up!

September 4, 2009 1:02:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok TobiWahn, i send you that soundtrack, check your pm to download them. Have fun

Well dont think it will work Tobi, someone on your link idevelopments w/e it was wouldnt want it so, good luck finding those sound tracks. Sorry they wouldnt take it.

September 6, 2009 3:30:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey i patched up the mod and for a weird reason whenevena i start a game after a minute bam a minidump?

idk why

September 6, 2009 5:29:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@ Holybeast

Could you enable the advanced logging and tell me the error message Sins is showing in the dialogbox? Should be displayed right before the Minidump. Do you have an AI assigned to the Shadow player? This is not allowed yet (the readme says so). Have you started a new game?

Anyone else experiencing the problem?

September 6, 2009 5:40:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OH "SMACKS HEAD" that was my fault i did enable them on ai so yeah my mistake.......Sorry >.<

September 6, 2009 6:11:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No problem

It's as of now impossible to use it for AI, because the AI expects certain things to be able to do which shadows atm can't. I plan for Shadows to have completely different game mechanics, so I'm not sure if AI will ever be able to play shadows. If you come across other bugs, please let me know, as there I'm sure will be many of them.

September 6, 2009 6:35:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I always get this error after a while. Can anybody help me with this?

AudioSystem: LoadSample Failure: Not enough memory  : .\Sound\Effect_PlanetAmbience_Loop.ogg

Could it be because I'm using Win7 RC1 64 bit on 3GB of RAM?

Thanks folks

September 6, 2009 11:35:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

B5 loading screen 4 (revised version)

B5 loading screen 4

September 7, 2009 1:02:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We have our own thread now at 7DS!

http://sri-corp.com/Forum/index.php?board=46.0

"It is my pleasure to add B5 to the ranks of the 7DS Universe." DANMAN

Thanks Danman! It's a pleasure to be there!

September 7, 2009 4:27:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lo all,

just one question: are u using dynamic movement for your ships?

greets dennis

September 7, 2009 4:35:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

B5 loading screen 4 (revised version)

Nice one that!

September 7, 2009 4:36:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@da_snada

No, we are not. In B5, most ships do not move that dynamic (there are exceptions to that rule, white stars for example, but as of now, they are not planned, maybe later).

September 7, 2009 5:01:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TobiWahn_Kenobi,
@da_snada

No, we are not. In B5, most ships do not move that dynamic (there are exceptions to that rule, white stars for example, but as of now, they are not planned, maybe later).

thanx, m8

September 7, 2009 2:12:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry for being such a noob, but what do I need to do to install this and play it? I placed the files in the sins mod folder for version 1.17 but it shows a few files in the mod settings ingame. Even if I do enable one of them I do not see anything that allows me to play the mod.

Also, great work so far and hopefully we can finally have a great B5 mod!~

September 7, 2009 4:12:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK, Here is it. You need entrenchment 1.03. The mod folder (babylon5) needs to be in the respective entrenchment folder

C:\Users\*MyUserName*\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Entrenchment v1.03 on Vista / Win7

or in the respective userfolder on your winxp system.

When you start entrenchment, you go to options-> mods and enable the babylon5 mod

That should be it. You should also read the included readme.txt on what to expect and what not to do

September 8, 2009 1:45:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

just wanted to ask, how goes modeling, I know that was a big trouble for you guys before.

September 8, 2009 2:30:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmmm some of the skill points when put into certain skills don't add to any skills at all on one or a few of the Minbari capitals... unless the code is incomplete still. I do know this is still in the testing phases SOOO I wanted to point this out... btw... lol looks good so far need to try the earth forces sometime I'm a big fan of the B5 series

September 8, 2009 11:26:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmmm some of the skill points when put into certain skills don't add to any skills at all on one or a few of the Minbari capitals... unless the code is incomplete still. I do know this is still in the testing phases SOOO I wanted to point this out... btw... lol looks good so far need to try the earth forces sometime I'm a big fan of the B5 series

Thanks for your interest and playtesting ... abilities are being developed with each release some ships have them/some don't have all of them:

Currently - PRE-ALPHA stage at the moment so there's a lot to look forward to!

just wanted to ask, how goes modeling, I know that was a big trouble for you guys before.

Tobiwahn would be the best to answer this, but it's progressing ... we have the resources/talent of the 7DS team available .. so things look promising.

September 8, 2009 12:08:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sharlin Ship abilities up (string not found for the name of the fourth)

Click on image for link.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001547   Page Render Time: