Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Looking for casual players to play Distant Stars (best mod imo)

By on October 12, 2009 6:18:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Starsblow

Join Date 05/2007
+1

I really Like Distant Stars, and would love to play it online with people, I love huge maps but I am willing to play anything.  I live in the Eastern Time zone of the US and have a huge window of avalibilty so if anyone else is interested drop me a line.  Hope to hear from someone

Locked Post 84 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 12, 2009 6:51:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

try posting on the mod site as well, Im sure -Ue_Carbon may be up to the challenge (he tried getting something going early) and I might join in sometime as well, we will see on that one

oh and karma point for praising our mod

October 12, 2009 6:51:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You might also want to post a download link to the mod.  I've heard so much about it now I'm interested in checking it out.

October 12, 2009 6:53:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

cool beans

October 12, 2009 6:55:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/335474

there ya go DirtySanchezz

just watch out for the Pirates, they are extra nasty

October 13, 2009 11:06:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the link; I'll check it out.  By the way, I have seen people come to ICO and ask if other people want to play that mod. So, it might not be impossible to find other people who would be willing to play it.

the "Fast" gameplay speed has been speeded to over twice that of the original so if you prefer faster games, don't worry we also cater for you too!

I like the sound of that.

October 13, 2009 12:24:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Huzzah!!!!

Im up for a game, PvP or Comp Stomp.

And woo hoo if you start liking DS DirtySanchezz!!!!! Love to play a game of DS with you or anyone really. The AI is not very talkative.

October 13, 2009 2:18:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am up for games of DS as well.

October 13, 2009 2:26:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I added the mod.  It doesn't look too bad really.  Capital ships have more armor and shields and it also includes the Sins Plus planets which add some variety and the Bailknights graphics mod which really does make things clearer and improves the looks.  The only problem is that when I started a single player game to check it out, it felt a little sluggish on my system, but I did have it set to run on both cores and not the usual second core with priority.  I've played with a Sins Plus and Bailknights mod before and it ran fine, so maybe it was just a matter of it's sharing a CPU with Windows and Firefox and other hogs.

I might be interested in playing it online if we could find enough people for a 3v3.

October 13, 2009 2:34:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah the mod is a bit more RAM hog. It helps to not runn a bunch of background stuff if possible. Its just due to all the graphic upgrades. Bailknights, Manshooter, Celestical Bodies, and a few sound addons.

October 13, 2009 5:33:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I only have 2 GB of RAM on my rig .

October 13, 2009 9:18:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting DirtySanchezz,

I only have 2 GB of RAM on my rig .

thats all I got and It runs fine as long as I dont run too much in the background (except when I play Advent, which is rare for the likes of me, -Ue_Carbon, and Nacey W00T! TEC FTW)

October 14, 2009 11:22:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I checked out Distant Stars....it is VERY cool.  The pacing and style are great for epic length games.  The graphical and sound enhancements are very nice too.  I'm not sure how the balance and pacing would work for multiplay, but I'd be willing to give it a try sometime.

I'm using an XP install that only uses 2GB ram, and it has been fine for me...I just turned down the graphics settings to medium.

October 15, 2009 1:21:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah its not 100% balanced. But that in on our to list. By 1.0. Like Ryat said, if you just kill everything you dont need while playing DS you will be find on just a couple of GB of RAM. I was just letting ya know it uses more than normal SINS. Glad yall like it! I say we try and get a game going this weekend...say Saturday? Around 9-10ish CST (10-11 EST and Fourm time)

October 15, 2009 3:07:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

herm... 10-11 EST on saturday sounds good to me.

edit: should we start thinking of "what map"?

with the massave randomness of a random DS map... the game might be desided very early... but i dont know.

October 15, 2009 5:13:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I vote my Orion's belt 2.0 If we have enough for 3vs3

October 15, 2009 6:43:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

a bit on the random side... but has nice choke points... sure!

October 16, 2009 2:25:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hey... we should prolly start posting our names we will be using so we know 1. who is on... and 2. who will be playing

rember ico is case sensitive... so post it right

My ico screen name is:

Pbhead

October 16, 2009 8:31:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay, just letting everyone know that I can't do Saturday night, but I am interested in joining some day. I'll tag this thread and watch for any Fridays that come up. Have fun tomorrow.

October 16, 2009 10:04:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

-Ue_Carbon= ICO name

October 16, 2009 10:32:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ICO name  Cykur

I'm not on a lot, but if you see me, let me know if you want to do a DS game.

October 17, 2009 12:47:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'll play...If someone could tell me what 10-11 EST is in Australian time (we're GMT + 11:00 currently).  The mod is great...well, apart from the small problem of me choking on the sheer awsomeness!

But yeah.  I'm up for a game.  Would be nice to play an opponent who doesn't cheat...or tell me his every move in advance:

AI: I suggest you evecuate planet X...now.

Me:  *moves fleet to planet X*

Me:  *Smashes AI fleet*

AI:  *deathly silence*

It gets a bit predicatable and boring somtimes (well, except when I foolishly jumped my entire fleet into a homing mine-field...that was fail on my part).  Humans are usually far more interesting.

October 17, 2009 3:49:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The forums times are now on EST. So you can figure out what time that be for you. Im really bad with the GMT thingy.

October 17, 2009 11:42:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i got a  game up if anying wants to play

the game name is DS-mod

October 17, 2009 12:16:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

its hard to try and set up a game like... "we play now" sort of thing... (and i notice your game is gone)...

I set up a smurf (teehee) whose name advertises "DSmod game 10pm(est)"... as much as i can fit in the name length limit... ima leave it up afk...

BE THERE TONIGHT!!!11

October 17, 2009 12:18:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So your gonna be there Pbhead? At least I know you and me can play. If nothing else a comp stomp.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001172   Page Render Time: