Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

How to change language???

Italian --> english

By on November 10, 2009 7:07:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lionmanx

Join Date 11/2009

Hi all!

I just bought this game but since I'm a sailor and go around the world a lot, I bought it in Italy, completely oblivious to the fact that I DON'T SPEAK ITALIAN! How stupid is that, eh?

Is there any way I can install english language because right now, all the descs and info is completely lost to me.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 10, 2009 10:38:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the languaje  is  in a folder  called  string,  you  can  do  2 things,

1 somebdoy  can give you the file  or 

2  donwload a pirate  version and  copy  the  file ,  is  your choice

i can´t  help  you   i speak spanish and  don´t have  bkp  of that file

November 10, 2009 10:58:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Try emailing support, I'm sure they could hook you up with the file you need.

November 11, 2009 12:40:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If they don't for some reason, you could always download a mod, most of which are english only.

November 12, 2009 7:39:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

darvin said it best. stardock support never fails!

November 13, 2009 10:51:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tried to write earlier, but it resulted in a message that the forum software crashed?!?

Changing the language is very easy:

1) uninstall Sins completely (may require manual cleanup for some installations)

2) use impulse to reinstall the software via internet which then will allow to select any of the available languages

Installation from the internet is much faster than from DVD (unless you've got a slow connection). I was astonished at the improved installation speed, especially since I was downloading pretty much across the world.

The only sad point is that I have not figured out a way to select the target folder/disc when installing from the net. Thus you may want to ensure that your system disc (usually C) has enough free space!

Screet

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: