Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity Announced

By on December 9, 2009 4:16:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+190

Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity today. Trinity is a compilation bundle which includes the award-winning Sins of a Solar Empire along with the Entrenchment and Diplomacy micro-expansions. As a special incentive, those who pre-order Trinity will gain access to the current Diplomacy beta via Impulse.

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity takes players through 25 years of warfare beginning with the real-time strategy game that started it all. In Sins of a Solar Empire, the independent Trader Worlds are forced to unite in order to defend themselves from the alien Vasari menace and the return of their exiled brethren, the Advent. The Entrenchment expansion jumps forward 15 years to a time of stalemate between the factions when they fortify the territories they control with powerful starbases, mine fields and advanced defenses. Diplomacy takes the player to the current day, when the constaint toil of war has taken its heavy toll. Some speak of peace, while others see such initiatives as openings to destroy their enemies through subtler means.

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity is scheduled for release on February 9, 2010 and can be pre-ordered digitally for $39.99 USD. The game will also be available at retail stores throughout North America on release. To order Trinity, just visit the Store.

51 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 9, 2009 7:39:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good news for them procrastenator's that haven't bought this game yet.

Edit: oh, the box art looks nice!

December 9, 2009 7:46:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When I first saw this, I was thinking "Holy cr@p!! They announced a new game/expansion!" Then I read the article Oh well.

December 10, 2009 2:56:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Doesnt the trinity cost 10 cents more then buying 3 of them individually?

December 10, 2009 3:31:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting JohnJames,
Doesnt the trinity cost 10 cents more then buying 3 of them individually?
JJ!  It's the "Trinity" though!

December 10, 2009 4:02:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity is scheduled for release on February 9, 2010 and can be pre-ordered digitally for $39.99 USD. The game will also be available at retail stores throughout North America on release. To order Trinity, just visit the Store.

Is Trinity going to be released in Europe too? If yes in which countries?

December 10, 2009 3:23:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Note that "Trinity" is also the name special agent Lundy gave to John Lithgow's mass serial killer on Season 4 of Dexter.  (Final episode coming up on Sunday!)

"Yeah, who's a good (baby) boy?  Wanna know a secret?  Daddy kills people!  Not really anybody else I can tell about that, ya know?"

Dexter Season 4 Preview featuring John Lithgow as a creepy serial killer named Trinity.

December 10, 2009 7:42:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Heres hoping for an instruction manual lol. Thanks ironclad for the trinity!

December 10, 2009 7:44:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

One question is this one huge install or 3 discs?

December 11, 2009 5:25:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Digital download only

December 11, 2009 3:58:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Any chance of them throwing a campaign into this as well?

December 11, 2009 4:04:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

John James:

Digital download only

Yarlen:

The game will also be available at retail stores throughout North America on release.

Annihilator27:

One question is this one huge install or 3 discs?

My guess is that the entire game will fit on one DVD. Also, I'm guessing that all 3 parts will be installed during the installation process but that once you're into the game you could play at any expansion level. Meaning you could just play the vanilla Sins if you wanted, or play with Entrenchment, or play with Diplomacy as well. Of course each subsequent expansion includes the previous gameplay.

December 11, 2009 4:05:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting gbuell,
Any chance of them throwing a campaign into this as well?

Not gonna happen.

December 17, 2009 9:55:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

what about a 2 pack for those who already have vanilla sins without any expansions yet?

hmmm, with Trinity, I would guess this is the end of Sins I. No more third expansion?

December 18, 2009 12:44:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting kyogre12,
When I first saw this, I was thinking "Holy cr@p!! They announced a new game/expansion!" Then I read the article Oh well.

lol same here

December 19, 2009 1:58:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting DarkStar7,
what about a 2 pack for those who already have vanilla sins without any expansions yet?

hmmm, with Trinity, I would guess this is the end of Sins I. No more third expansion?

They cancelled the third micro-expansion, yeah.  They didn't rule out that there may be a full expansion in the future.  I guess they want to add things (probably a fourth race, more cap ships, etc.) that a $10 expansion won't cover.

December 19, 2009 4:46:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

whatever u devs releasing it won't come to my country

December 27, 2009 11:21:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Great!

But is it going to be released in Europe?

If so whens the UK release date going to be?

December 28, 2009 12:30:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i have sins of a solar empire already.

any chance for a bundle including only the expansions? that's what i want.

January 1, 2010 11:45:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I kept meaning to buy this game but never got around to it. This seems like the perfect setup now, just one question. Buying this will give me instant access to SoaSE and Entrenchment right since they've been released right? It stands to reason since i'm just getting digital copies but i've seen stranger things. I just don't want to buy it and not be able to play for a month. I know it says you get access to the beta, but the beta won't do any good if for some reason it locks the other two until release. So, anyone know?

January 5, 2010 10:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Damn CDwow.com had the release date as 1st January 2010 now i found out that it doesn't come out until February

January 5, 2010 10:17:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah I saw the title and was like, WHAT? A new expansion! My hopes leaped! Then crashed.  

January 11, 2010 3:55:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Oh, bah, I didn't read it all: 

The game will also be available at retail stores throughout North America on release.

Though I don't live in North America, I know how to get it to import here (South America). I just bought the digital version. Bah, total loser. I wanted the final retail release. I just wanted a game I actually owned.

Keep up!

PS: First game I buy on Impulse.

January 11, 2010 9:26:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I would pre-order it now this hour, but its not for linux.

Please make the games work on linux and i would buy all of them.

(Atleast on/using WINE, if not full suport for Linux's.)

February 6, 2010 10:03:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It is a collector's edition or standard ?

February 11, 2010 10:52:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Um. So 12 quid for the Sins expansion bundle, and 6 quid for Sins right now. Or 24 quid for the Trinity bundle. Gosh. Tough choice.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001906   Page Render Time: