Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2 - 0.7.3R Update 8/23/2014

Looking for Modelers and Texture Artists

By on December 14, 2009 11:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
SOA2 Home
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
4908 Replies +12
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 3, 2012 5:31:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey guys! This mod is amazing and ruining my life in a good way! Sucking up all my time! However, I am not the best at modding. How do we update SoA? 

February 3, 2012 10:31:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Think of how much time it sucked up making it In a good way of course

What do you mean by update? Current version is 0.5D.5. for Diplomacy 1.34. You need to install 0.5D.1 first then extract the 0.5D.5 update into where you installed the mod overwriting everything. If you did that right you should be good to go.

February 4, 2012 8:07:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ahhh damnit guys, my 2 weeks holiday from uni is ending...gonna have to uninstall this cuz the temptation to play is too damned strong! Such a great mod.

February 5, 2012 6:00:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Still just loving this mod. It took months, but I'm finally over my love affair with the federation and instead decided to try a full game as the dominion. Even without the ship sounds (creation, attack, etc) it is still awesome. I haven't quite figured out the 'disloyalty' ability quite yet, but I have to give kudos to the ambient sounds/music that have been choosen for the race- they fit very well.

Great work! 

February 6, 2012 6:04:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well i'm stuck. I don't know how this happened, but im GS launcher says my Diplo is patch to 1.34, but my actual games says 1.32 in the corner... how the heck did that happen? Now I cant update it cause the launcher thinks its fine and I cant find any other sources... Any ideas?

February 6, 2012 8:42:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You need to uninstall Diplomacy through impulse (GS), and re-install it. Obviously GS screwed up, and thinks your older version is up to date.

February 6, 2012 9:13:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yay for Gaystop!

February 7, 2012 3:08:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,
You need to uninstall Diplomacy through impulse (GS), and re-install it. Obviously GS screwed up, and thinks your older version is up to date.

I did this.... twice.... but i just unistalled diplo .. would I have to unistall all 3 in order for it to fully register? i may try it now while I wait for some movies to load..

February 7, 2012 4:33:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds to me like your game is up-to-date but you ran some kind of registry fix for something that reverted to an older version of the registry. 

I would contact support email as the registry may not get fixed with a reinstall

February 9, 2012 1:10:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Like others, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to those who worked on this amazing mod. I bought the game to play it and have been blown away so far.

But I was wondering if someone could explain - why should Federation players build Sabre class ships? They seem pretty redundant to me, compared to Intrepid class which are very strong, especially against the Borg, and Steamrunners which are cheap, strong, and have the long range torpedos.

Thanks for any advice.

February 9, 2012 3:13:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Shield restore and tractor repulsion?

February 13, 2012 2:33:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This looks like a very interesting mod, can't wait to try it out. I'm a big Trek fan, i just have a question or two.

Is the latest version of this mod compatible with V1.0 of Trinity?

I installed Trinity today, and because of the Serial Number Issue impulse seems to have, i can't download the update (and i can't get it anywhere else, it seems.)

February 13, 2012 3:18:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No, SoA2 is not compatible with that version of Diplomacy.

February 13, 2012 5:42:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I figured as much. Fortunately, i've solved the problem i had earlier, (with the help of Stardock tech support, apparently, my brand new game's Key WAS invalid, strange.)

I would have edited my previous post, but i couldn't for some reason.

February 14, 2012 5:54:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This MOD is a work of art! Thank you! 

February 21, 2012 10:22:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello everyone,

Great job on the mod so far! Very polished for being pre-release. This is a fine tribute to Star Trek.

I decided to put up a YouTube video that shows off the visuals of battle. At the time of this posting, it still has an hour or so of processing to go, but here ya go.

Edit: Looks like it is finally up. And in 1080p! Woot, break out the 70" LED...

February 21, 2012 11:37:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GREAT JOB PHANTOM!!!  Now cuz of you I have to go back and watch all of DS9 and Next Generation. My wife is going to leave me now. (FOREVER ALONE)

February 23, 2012 2:58:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Glad you enjoyed it

It's a good thing my wife loves books. That way, she can read when I'm on my Star Trek binges!

February 23, 2012 5:49:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A few random questions:

Been Playing this MOD for a few weeks now and looking for clarification on a few abilities:

Federation "Subsystem Targeting" for Defiant & Sovereign- Descriptions are identical for levels 1-2-3. Duration does not increase nor does the damage. What changes do the levels affect?

Klingon Opening Capital: All abilities selectable from Level 1. Is this deliberate?

Dominion Leviathan- Has an ability which just gives 1% cool-down which doesn't increase with levels. Really? 1%? Really?

More questions to come, still figuring them all out.

February 23, 2012 6:06:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Federation "Subsystem Targeting" for Defiant & Sovereign- Descriptions are identical for levels 1-2-3. Duration does not increase nor does the damage. What changes do the levels affect?

It's an on hit weapon modifier.  The chance of disables and extra damage increase with levels, 3 being twice as often as 1.

Klingon Opening Capital: All abilities selectable from Level 1. Is this deliberate?

Eh?

minExperienceLevelRequired
    Level:0 5.000000
    Level:1 0.000000
    Level:2 0.000000

Ion Torpedo is not available from level 1.  Did you get the wrong ship perhaps? 

The Klingons and Romulans both have a fleet decloak ability, which is indeed initially available while being a single level ability.  In the Romulan's case, the third level of Enveloping Shot requires level 6, as an ultimate would.  The Klingon version has no such case, simply lacking an ultimate capability.

Dominion Leviathan- Has an ability which just gives 1% cool-down which doesn't increase with levels. Really? 1%? Really?

The asshole in me is strong, so I'm leaving this one obscure.  Disloyalty.  It does increase though, larger radius and the cooldown increases to 2%.  That's not the main function of the ability, however.  Those who wish to explore and solve the mystery are free to do so, but I'm loath to spoil my fun.

February 23, 2012 11:11:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In other words you don't want your Cardassian "meat shield slaves" revolting on you in the middle of a battle, and joining with the Feds, Klingons, or Romulans. That could put your poor Leviathan, and other Jemmy elite ships in a very bad position don't ya think? The Dominion is kind of a symbiotic faction. The Jem Hadar provide the Firepower, and Control, while the Cardassian's, and Breen provide the "Support". One can not survive without the other.

February 24, 2012 12:25:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is 136 pages Whats the best way to have all your ships cloak? Seems like I have to do each one individually. Is there something I am missing?

February 24, 2012 2:04:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Select all of your frigates that cloak, right click to autocast.  When they're all done, right click again so they don't recast when you use the decloak ability to take them out.

Elites have to be done manually.

February 24, 2012 11:20:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

just a quick one for the mod team, i dont think this is quite mod specific but anyway.  Is the a file edit that can be done in order to give you all research abilities?  I ask as merely to save some slots so no need to build tactical and civilian research stations.

Also on another file edit note, is there a way to make every wormhole have a resource asteroid?

One last thing, the purple nebulae (can't remember the name, the one that makes it unable to use ship abilities and launch fighters) either disable or remove the said nebulae effect (so you CAN actually use ship abilities and launch figters.

Thanks and brilliant mod, keep the updates coming, i always love coming to here and moddb and seeing an update

February 24, 2012 4:48:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

First question, yes.  The easiest way for you to accomplish this is to go into gameinfo, and find the research modules themselves, set their costs, build time, and slot usage to 0.  You can do it two other ways, but it will become increasingly complicated.

Note that in any case, this will break the AI.  It will rapidly max out fleet research, thereby starving itself on income and stagnating.  The Borg will do ok.  To solve this, you need to substantially reduce the upkeep modifiers in the MAXSHIPSLOTS research subjects.

Second question, PlanetWormhole.  All you have to do is add them, examples abound in the other planet files.

Third, no.  If you want to do it yourself, just go into the planet files, as obviously named as above, and delete the Ability entries.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002609   Page Render Time: