Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2 - 0.7.7R Update 6/24/2016

Looking for Modelers and Texture Artists

By on December 14, 2009 11:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
SOA2 Home
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
5054 Replies +12
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 5, 2013 1:17:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
We don't own any of the I.P. and I do not want to waste 5 years in court.
... and probably quite a few bricks of gold-pressed latinum.

Quoting myfist0,
Far from impossible.
Indeed, Feds and Klingons have frigates with very effective anti-Borg abilities that are available fairly early on, tier-3 techs IIRC.

Should the Romulans have something similar though? First time they made an appearance in TNG was after Fed & Romulan outposts had been obliterated by a Borg scouting party, so I'd imagine the Rommies would have devised some suitably devious counter.

June 5, 2013 3:26:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@myfist0: Thanks for this information. This file is really huge. I will begin to translate it. Don´t know if i keep up long enough to get it through. One last Question: Beside the description to every starship stands the ROLETYPE. Can i translate this information without interrupt the AI functionality? In other words, do this have a function for the game itself or is this just an information for the player? 

June 5, 2013 4:37:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_DOMPLANETSIEGE_DESCRIPTION"
    Value "The Devastator Class is more than capable of a standoff with any Alpha or Beta Quadrant starship. ROLETYPE: Elite  Siege"

Everything inside the quotes of the value line (yellow) can be changed and it only for the player to read.

StringInfo 
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_DOMPLANETSIEGE_DESCRIPTION"
    Value "Der Devastator Klasse ist mehr als fähig, eine Konfrontation mit einem Alpha-oder Beta Quadrant sterne-schiff. Rolle Typ: Elite Belagerung"

June 5, 2013 6:02:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Romulans have the D'Verix, they need no frigate with Borg specific counter abilities as they already have something vastly superior between that and the cloak.

June 6, 2013 12:47:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Levelheaded,

Everythign dies way to fast in this mod.

scouts barely make it past 2 systems, capitals die in medium sized battles even without being focus  fired. System defenses are to easily outrangedm, starbases die like capitals.

did you mess with shield mitigation?

btw: titans? one would think the jemmy dread be a good ttian... being the freaking honking giant that it was in ds9....

You may want to take a look at what I have been cooking up.  I've taken this mod and re-worked it so that the ships are more valuable to the player and more expensive.  this makes each ship more powerful in its own right, and leads to longer lasting ships with much more impactful deaths.  

I think that the main changes to the mod are finished for my long form version, but I would like to have a map that suites  my version of play as well, so I am working on that and should have it finished soon.

Essentially i've made each structure and ship more expensive and time consuming to build, and tweaked the AI to treat their creations with their new value and challenge to create in mind.

The new SOA2 mod is very rich with content, and to utilize it fully in the long form, i think that a proper map that includes all of the new content is necessary.  I'll post a link to my re-worked content as soon as I have a balanced map that pays attention to the canon era of this mod's star trek interpretation.

June 6, 2013 4:12:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Whoa!! What do you mean "The New SOA2 Mod"?! If you made changes to OUR mod that is all well, and good. Post it as an Add-On, but make sure you credit US for creating this. The way you worded this makes it sound like you took our work, fiddled around with it, and are now claiming it as your own.

June 6, 2013 5:18:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You must have missed my previous post on 4/24 about the changes I have been working on where i said:

"I won't release my modifications without permission from the official team, and if you guys would like to have a look at my 'long-form' mod I can give you a link to download it." --MyFist was interested in seeing what I came up with and offered to put a link on the page to download my changes if there was an interest them.

I was referring to the new content in the rebellion version of the mod you guys made as the "new soa2 mod".

In any case, I definitely do not want to take any credit away from you guys.  You have all done an incredible job, and i love SOA2.

And you are correct, I changed a bunch of settings in SOA2 to make a longer form style of game, so the ships and buildings take longer to build and cost more along with some other settings so the computers take into account how much more valuable their ships are.

Since there is so much new content that you guys added to the new rebellion version of the mod, I'm also making a map that is up to date with those new things that you added, planets and what not.

June 6, 2013 5:25:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Does any one know if there is a way to return to sose rebellion ver 1.1?  I told steam NOT to update the game automatically, but it did any way and now I am stuck on 1.5 and do not know if the current version of the mod will work properly with rebellion 1.5

I'm usually a fan of steam, but this is a pretty lame bug to encounter especially when I perfer mods to the actual game.

June 6, 2013 5:29:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting bojangles9999,

Does any one know if there is a way to return to sose rebellion ver 1.1?  I told steam NOT to update the game automatically, but it did any way and now I am stuck on 1.5 and do not know if the current version of the mod will work properly with rebellion 1.5

I'm usually a fan of steam, but this is a pretty lame bug to encounter especially when I perfer mods to the actual game.

You need to think ahead. If you use mods with Sins YOU need to make a copy of the Sins Rebellion folder. From that copy you can run the executable as long as Steam is running. Don't rely on the Steam update option as sometimes it forces an update on you.

June 6, 2013 5:45:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting bojangles9999,

Yup, STEAM SUCKS

You may as well wait as we are adding new stuff to the mod in our next build, we will break your maps.

June 6, 2013 8:14:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is what i get for missing staff meetings

There is an option in the game properties to not update the game every time you fire up steam. However to be safe you should keep a backup of previous versions just for situations like this. I lost count of how many backups of original sins i had back in the day when IC was updating every other week, and breaking the mod each and every time..

June 6, 2013 8:37:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Speaking of maps.  Which map is everyone's favorite?  I would love to get that Allegiance Star Trek Map up and working but alas, no dice.  Random it is!

June 6, 2013 11:55:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Question about hangar defense.

I noticed that the Federation still has 3 squadrons for 6 tactical slots but some of the other races have only 2 squadrons per 6 tactical slots. Noticed this is different from previous versions when all races had 2 tactical slots per squadron. With the reduction in tactical slots for many planet types just curious how this rebalances things.

June 7, 2013 12:52:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So to clarify does that mean once steam has updated to 1.5 there is no way to get hold of 1.1 again? Even reinstalling will not do that?

June 7, 2013 1:09:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jefferies,
So to clarify does that mean once steam has updated to 1.5 there is no way to get hold of 1.1 again? Even reinstalling will not do that?

Nope. This is why you should make a backup of games before major patch updates.

June 7, 2013 3:29:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For those that didn't back up 1.1, and have Trinity. Just play the Diplomacy version until we get this thing updated. We are basically doing trinity, and rebellion simultaneously, and the Rebellion, and Trinity versions are essentially the same mod right now until we stop supporting Trinity. The only difference is rebellions graphics.

June 8, 2013 5:28:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

With regard to the progress of the next build, is it okay to ask how long it might be until the release? I'm not asking for an exact date. Just an estimate, e.g. is it days, weeks or months away?

June 8, 2013 4:12:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jefferies,
With regard to the progress of the next build, is it okay to ask how long it might be until the release? I'm not asking for an exact date. Just an estimate, e.g. is it days, weeks or months away?

I would say, give me a week. psychoak already has all the updates integrated into SOA2 R, but we decided to take advantage of the new research fields and release a new full build that is out of bEta. This stuff will only be available in Rebellion and the new meshes, buttons and UI are taking a little longer than I expected.

No I will not release what psy and I are adding, you will need to go on a star trek to find out.

June 9, 2013 12:34:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,
StatCountType is far more important, because like i said above if your faction is missing any vanilla StatCountType. Then your AI will become lethargic, or not do anything at all, and Ikasumesk is correct. Sometimes you will crash if you are missing a StatCountType. StatCountType is where you must duplicate Vanilla Sins almost exactly.

I'll have to go back and look as part of the balancing effort but I'm pretty sure we are scarce in the anti-structure role... Many thanks for the AI instruction. SotYR will benefit from your insightful work.

June 9, 2013 12:35:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darvroth,
I'll have to go back and look as part of the balancing effort but I'm pretty sure we are scarce in the anti-structure role... Many thanks for the AI instruction. SotYR will benefit from your insightful work.

The AI will work just fine without anti-structure ships, the Vasari don't have one for example.

June 9, 2013 3:15:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am ready with my changes. It takes alot of time.

If someone would like to try it then write me pls. I can send the files with email.

June 10, 2013 4:20:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Treklover,

I would really love to try out your changes. I too love this mod but think that the ships move a bit unrealistic in turning. Also, I wouldn't mind trying out what you have done with your ships lineup. Let me know how to get in contact with you! I am very interested in seeing what you've done .

Regards:

Treklover

Treklover I am ready with my changes and need some feedback. Would you like to test?

I can send you the files with email. Send me private msg pls.

June 10, 2013 5:17:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just an FYI, I moved all the files in to the new Rebellion 1.5 mod folder and reactivated the mod with the new patch and it seemed to work fine.  The only odd thing I noticed was some of the planet textures were slightly off but overall it worked fine as far as I could tell.  That is encouraging .....

June 10, 2013 5:50:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1.1 mods should be compatible with 1.5, assuming you aren't running it in the dev exe with logging enabled, in which case the game will cry a storm.

June 10, 2013 8:14:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darvroth,

Quoting Major Stress, reply 3992StatCountType is far more important, because like i said above if your faction is missing any vanilla StatCountType. Then your AI will become lethargic, or not do anything at all, and Ikasumesk is correct. Sometimes you will crash if you are missing a StatCountType. StatCountType is where you must duplicate Vanilla Sins almost exactly.

It is faction specific. If you use the Vasari faction as your base for your new faction. Then yes they don;t have an anti structure unit. However, they do have a mine layer unit which must be counted in the StatCountType. The modded unit that replaces the mine layer doesn't have to be a Mine Layer roletype, but it must have the StatCountType. So that the AI doesnt spazz out. You have to duplicate the StatCountTypes for each specific faction almost to the letter. The only StatCountType that rebellion doesn't seem to have a problem with not being there are Titans. Otherwise we would have major issues with SoA2

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0004016   Page Render Time: