Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2 - 0.7.7R Update 6/24/2016

Looking for Modelers and Texture Artists

By on December 14, 2009 11:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
SOA2 Home
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
5064 Replies +12 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
RedDwarf999
Deadmoon36
madprince
tnathan475
binlabelled
Cheif50
trekie80
jpaa1701
Qaeylen
Fragnarok
and 2 more...
July 26, 2013 2:32:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fist0 is legitimately frustrated. As am i right now. Just like how i got when people back in 2008 tried to dictate to me how to make MY MOD. Everyone had their own different opinions. Of course their opinions were always right. They wouldn't shut up until ether they got what they wanted, or i had a "Major Meltdown". I'll just say that NOBODY got their way. If they did the NX-01 would be a Titan.

You are just ONE person trying to FORCE your point of view upon OUR mod (Ours as in Mine, Fist0, and Psychoak's mod). The ships are scaled according to the the fleet charts but you are not happy with that. You want us to change it when damn near everyone else thinks the scales are just fine.

Now we are bitching that the mod doesn't play like SINS?!!... That is the whole POINT. SoA 2 is NOT supposed to play like Sins! It is like the Titan argument. Why SHOULD we have Titans? This is Star Trek. Not Sins of a Solar Empire! If we chose not to have Titans that should be OUR choice. Not yours. If there is any resemblance to Sins it is not by our choice. It is because the engine will not allow us to change it.

Now we are gonna get on high horses about public relations.. We are doing this for US. On our own Free Time. For FREE. Paid game developers have no choice but to grovel at the public so they can make money. Modders just don't give a damn. To be perfectly honest the public relations has only hurt our vision for this project. This is our hobby. We made this mod for US. We just happen to be sharing it with you guys. People troll posting relentless "Waaaaaahhhh!!! Make this mod MY WAY!!!". "Put this ridiculous ubership from another timeline in the mod"!! "WAAAAAAAAAAAHH!! I want the NX-01"!!!! The Borg Cubes should be wimpy retarded Jack in the Box's that die with one torpedo hit from Voyager. Waaaaaaaaahhhh!!! That kind of crap only re-enforces our point of view, and emboldens us to make things OUR way. From my point of view.... SCREW PUBLIC RELATIONS! You don't like the mod? Then Don't Friggen Play It! It is that simple. It is not rocket science. Nobody put a gun to your head, and forced you to download it. Nobody is stopping you from uninstalling it. Nobody is stopping you from looking for, or better yet Making Your Own Damn Trek Mod. We would still work on SoA 2 our way this even if we had no fans at all. So all arguments are invalid.

July 26, 2013 2:34:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Craaappppp, getting tired and I hit the karma button instead of the quote, oh well, only 14 after this many years 1 more will not make much difference.

Quoting Darksxx,
if this is how you deal with it then you have lost the community trust and any respect that goes along with it.

Now this is really funny. There is only 3 or 4 people that are highly respected in this community and zombies is one of them.

Put some links up to these mods of yours? or are you just blowing more smoke?

July 26, 2013 2:41:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I really wish they had a SMITE button.

July 26, 2013 2:47:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

I really wish they had a SMITE button.

I have one, but it is like a really bad button, and the devs may not be pleased.

Been saving it for a holocaust. afterall,
my name is mephistopheles 

July 26, 2013 2:56:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darksxx,

Quoting ZombiesRus5, reply 4221
Quoting Darksxx, reply 4217BTW,

"Who said this MOD has to be balanced?"  Okay, that has to be the comment for the ages, why even make a mod if its not balanced?

Because it's fun?

Also Read this page

July 26, 2013 3:07:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,
Modders just don't give a damn.

Quoting Major Stress,
This is our hobby. We made this mod for US.

Quoting Major Stress,
We just happen to be sharing it with you guys.

Quoting Major Stress,
From my point of view.... SCREW PUBLIC RELATIONS! You don't like the mod? Then Don't Friggen Play It! It is that simple. It is not rocket science. Nobody put a gun to your head, and forced you to download it. Nobody is stopping you from uninstalling it.

I didn't want to write that much in your thread so I'm glad you pretty much covered my thoughts on the subject.

From what I've seen of game developers (not the PR guys) we have more in common with them than Dark's perception of how they should be.

July 26, 2013 3:09:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is what Im hearing,  WE DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU SAY, 

Fine, be the bucnh of assholes you all are being, but dont expect a lot of people to play a mod thats unplayable.

End of Tranmission, these modders have been Assimulated into morons!!!

July 26, 2013 3:11:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darksxx,

So, your literally going to tell me not to compare this to Sins, when in facts it’s all about Sins, you can cut it anyway you like, but in the end, this game still plays like sins. I’ve been playing this game since the early beta days.

Implying your playtime has anything to do with anything.

First off pal, when a person is telling you they have an issue with your mod, you damn well better sit back and take note.

Implying modders are ever, at any point, obligated to anyone but themselves.

Trust me when I tell you I have been there and done that in the modding community, I have mode more mods then you have and you had best believe that.

Judging by this comment I'll just assume you're, like, 12.

I have been making mods for other games including this one for the past 15 years. Many of my mods have been also highlighted in PC Gamer and Gaming Magazine along with a few others. So I know all too well about how to handle the community and their concerns when it comes to complaints and issues.

Wait, are you actually trying to imply PC gamer or any of those rancid shill-infested garbage heaps are actually of any tangible value? ahahahahah this is the funniest shit I've heard all week. Thank you.

And stop getting so defensive when you get butt hurt.

I am sure this is intentionally ironic, but I thought I'd highlight it anyways.

But you guys, you all seriously need to re-examine yourselves and your unwillingness to compromise.

It's pretty clear you don't have any idea how modding actually works. Zero effort, zero research, 2/10. You get points for passion but should put a bit more effort into your trolling if you want to be taken seriously.

Also, I could care less about this being called canon, the fact is, you are putting out a mod that is being played by the public, and making the Borg so OP does nothing but make you all look incompetent.

Now, to me, that's once again an opinionated viewpoint. I would agree with you in that the project could probably be balanced to make borg in line while keeping them very strong canonically. I had hypothesized many such designs with my "overpowered" races when conceptualizing Black Sun in 2010. However, as the creators of the project, they have the last say and you as the player have no say. No modder will ever submit to a handful of opinions just because they cry harder and harder when told "no". That's the first thing you learn as a developer. If you were actually a modder, you wouldn't be so angry about something so trivial. But, then again, if you were actually a modder you'd have devoted the 5-10 minutes it takes to fix all of the things you're bitching about.

I doubt you're even 15 years old, much less with 15 years modding experience behind you.

July 26, 2013 3:14:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darksxx,

Fine, be the bucnh of assholes you all are being, but dont expect a lot of people to play a mod thats unplayable.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Edit; you're wrong about it being unplayable, maybe you're just bad at it?

July 26, 2013 3:38:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Haha, he's sending me angry PM's.

http://i.imgur.com/XVHaB6k.jpg

It's like he doesn't know I have nothing to do with the mod.

July 26, 2013 3:46:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well that was a train wreck...

July 26, 2013 3:52:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darksxx,

Well, wow....

I am a simple humble player of this mod, haven't played for a while as taken by other games and just came back to check updates and I find all this drama...

I never posted here before, but you made my day dude. I really don't understand where you get this whole idea that your opinion has any value or that a modder (or developer) should consider or even follow what you believe is right.

The strength of a developer is do what they imagine and want to create, with the help of the community sometimes, but generally speaking they follow their path, and if it turns out to be crap, then tough luck for them, no one will play their creation eventually.

Anyhow, I wanted to just shows my appreciation for the mod and all the Crew behind it, a big thanks for the simple fact that I can mix together one of my favourite games and TV series 

July 26, 2013 3:53:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting IskatuMesk,
Haha, he's sending me angry PM's.

http://i.imgur.com/XVHaB6k.jpg
It's like he doesn't know I have nothing to do with the mod.

I was hearing the banjo from deliverance while reading that. I knew this guy was not going to stop which is why I posted to just play sins. 

Thanks to everyone else for your support, we have another update coming soon, possibly with German, French and Spanish string file support. All the stock strings will have proper imported lines but SOAs custom strings will be machine translated.

July 26, 2013 3:56:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Myfist0 is it possible to make the scouts start with auto explore enabled or is that hard coded?

Edit; are you guys still supporting Trinity or is it all Rebellion now?

July 26, 2013 3:59:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wait, I remember doing something. I remember fixing a whole bunch of your sounds and posting them here like, two years ago. Did you ever use those?

July 26, 2013 4:01:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Thanks to everyone else for your support, we have another update coming soon, possibly with German, French and Spanish string file support. All the stock strings will have proper imported lines but SOAs custom strings will be machine translated.

I have done this too. Seems to work well enough- though I'm guessing some of the Trekie stuff translates a bit funny

July 26, 2013 4:04:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting jwagne51,
Myfist0 is it possible to make the scouts start with auto explore enabled or is that hard coded?

Its in each scouts ability

First you need to convert the files to text by putting them into the gameInfo\Convert folder and clicking BinToTXT.bat

do all the Frigates[RACE]Scout.entity

look at the bottom for the scouting ability name

FrigateFedScout.entity

ability:0 "AbilityExplore_FED"  <--- Convert that entity to text
ability:1 "AbilityFinalAttack"
ability:2 "AbilitySpyingAttacks"
ability:3 "AbilityUnstoppablePhaseJumpPsi"
ability:4 ""
MaxAntiMatter 0.000000

Convert these to text as well

AbilityExplore_FED.entity

TXT
entityType "Ability"
buffInstantActionType "Explore"
instantActionTriggerType "AlwaysPerform"
needsToFaceTarget FALSE
canCollideWithTarget TRUE
moveThruTarget FALSE
isUltimateAbility FALSE
maxNumLevels 1
levelSourceType "FixedLevel0"
aiUseTime "OnlyWithNoOrder"
aiUseTargetCondition "Any"
isAutoCastAvailable TRUE
isAutoCastOnByDefault FALSE    <--- change FALSE to TRUE
pickRandomPlanetToExploreForAutoCastTarget FALSE

You can leave in text format or press TXTtoBIN.bat and move the files back to the GameInfo folder.

July 26, 2013 4:08:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wait, I remember doing something. I remember fixing a whole bunch of your sounds and posting them here like, two years ago. Did you ever use those?

Maybe before my time, do you still have them? 

I have done this too. Seems to work well enough- though I'm guessing some of the Trekie stuff translates a bit funny

Ya, still better than none, and I am hoping that once I put the table to the free excel web app, people may contribute to fix the really bad ones. 

July 26, 2013 4:30:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't know if I still have them. A lot of interns got hucked into the furnace between then and now. I don't see the archive anywhere immediately.

I fixed a whole bunch of stereo issues on weapon sounds, removed all the static/empty tails from a bunch of unit responses, stuff like that.

July 26, 2013 4:32:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Quoting jwagne51, reply 4239Myfist0 is it possible to make the scouts start with auto explore enabled or is that hard coded?

Its in each scouts ability

First you need to convert the files to text by putting them into the gameInfo\Convert folder and clicking BinToTXT.bat

do all the Frigates[RACE]Scout.entity

look at the bottom for the scouting ability name

FrigateFedScout.entity

ability:0 "AbilityExplore_FED"  <--- Convert that entity to text
ability:1 "AbilityFinalAttack"
ability:2 "AbilitySpyingAttacks"
ability:3 "AbilityUnstoppablePhaseJumpPsi"
ability:4 ""
MaxAntiMatter 0.000000

Convert these to text as well

AbilityExplore_FED.entity

TXT
entityType "Ability"
buffInstantActionType "Explore"
instantActionTriggerType "AlwaysPerform"
needsToFaceTarget FALSE
canCollideWithTarget TRUE
moveThruTarget FALSE
isUltimateAbility FALSE
maxNumLevels 1
levelSourceType "FixedLevel0"
aiUseTime "OnlyWithNoOrder"
aiUseTargetCondition "Any"
isAutoCastAvailable TRUE
isAutoCastOnByDefault FALSE    <--- change FALSE to TRUE
pickRandomPlanetToExploreForAutoCastTarget FALSE

You can leave in text format or press TXTtoBIN.bat and move the files back to the GameInfo folder.

I used the Notepad++ text editor because my computer does not know what ".entity" is, but I just tried it and now I don't have to worry about having scouts in my fleets.

July 26, 2013 4:43:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting jwagne51,
I used the Notepad++ text editor because my computer does not know what ".entity" is, but I just tried it and now I don't have to worry about having scouts in my fleets.

Right Click the file --> Open with.. --> Choose Default --> Browse to Notepad++.exe and double clicking will open with notepad++ everytime

You will need to do that with every sins text extention

.mesh
.brush
.window
.galaxy
.particle
.entity 

You are now officially a modder 

Can I bash your work yet? 

July 26, 2013 4:47:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting IskatuMesk,
I don't know if I still have them. A lot of interns got hucked into the furnace between then and now. I don't see the archive anywhere immediately.

I fixed a whole bunch of stereo issues on weapon sounds, removed all the static/empty tails from a bunch of unit responses, stuff like that.

Ya before my time. I already fixed 90% of them, there is still 1 engine with a click on the end that loops I have to find. ROM or KLI I think.

July 26, 2013 5:14:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Quoting jwagne51, reply 4245I used the Notepad++ text editor because my computer does not know what ".entity" is, but I just tried it and now I don't have to worry about having scouts in my fleets.

Right Click the file --> Open with.. --> Choose Default --> Browse to Notepad++.exe and double clicking will open with notepad++ everytime

You will need to do that with every sins text extention

.mesh
.brush
.window
.galaxy
.particle
.entity 

You are now officially a modder 

Can I bash your work yet? 

My right click has "Edit with Notepad++" as the fourth option for convenience, lucky me.

Actually I edited one of the Fed techs a few months and a computer ago. I had Sins for two weeks and then got this mod and after seeing the Nemesis refit text I modified the tech that gave free XP to upgrade to level six. I had fun with that until I killed my computer, though this does go right into a question I had about the Nemesis refit.

Does the refit up the damage or does it spew out more torps after this last update?

July 26, 2013 5:21:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darksxx,
You crack me up. so, you think there is no GForces to contend with in space? No solar turbulance or gravity fluxes to deal with?

Oh they certainly exist, but to the same extent as in Earth's skies? Do get real. That said, as also noted in the post, ST is soft sci-fi and doesn't take into account reality much.

Quoting Darksxx,
This is somethg nthat is coded into the AI with how to view their logic and make decisions.  You cant change that with ha mod, you can only sugur coat it. but in the end its all the same.

Actually, this is false. I personally have changed the AI such that it will primarily use capital ships rather than using frigates. Again, you have very little experience with total conversions and it's clouding your judgment.

July 26, 2013 5:24:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Quoting IskatuMesk, reply 4244I don't know if I still have them. A lot of interns got hucked into the furnace between then and now. I don't see the archive anywhere immediately.

Ya before my time. I already fixed 90% of them, there is still 1 engine with a click on the end that loops I have to find. ROM or KLI I think.

name "Romulan_Engine"
    fileName "Romulan_Engine.ogg"
    type "Effect"
    is3D TRUE
    priority 5
    threshold 25000.000000
    minAttenuationDist 1000.000000
    maxNumPlayingSimultaneously 5
    isLooping TRUE
    isResident TRUE
    minRespawnTime 0.1
    fadeInTime 0.0
    fadeOutTime 0.0
    alternateGroup ""

name "Klingon_Engine"
    fileName "Klingon_Engine.ogg"
    type "Effect"
    is3D TRUE
    priority 5
    threshold 25000.000000
    minAttenuationDist 1000.000000
    maxNumPlayingSimultaneously 5
    isLooping TRUE
    isResident TRUE
    minRespawnTime 0.1
    fadeInTime 0.0
    fadeOutTime 0.0
    alternateGroup ""

name "Fed_Engine"
    fileName "Fed_Engine.ogg"
    type "Effect"
    is3D TRUE
    priority 1
    threshold 25000.000000
    minAttenuationDist 400.000000
    maxNumPlayingSimultaneously 4
    isLooping TRUE
    isResident TRUE
    minRespawnTime 0.1
    fadeInTime 1.0
    fadeOutTime 0.7
    alternateGroup ""

Maybe the minAttenuationDist, FadeInTime, or FadeOutTime is the problem? I used Control+f looking for "engine"

Edit, this is the Trinity mod.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time: