Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2 - 0.7.7R Update 6/24/2016

Looking for Modelers and Texture Artists

By on December 14, 2009 11:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
SOA2 Home
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
5064 Replies +12 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
RedDwarf999
Deadmoon36
madprince
tnathan475
binlabelled
Cheif50
trekie80
jpaa1701
Qaeylen
Fragnarok
and 2 more...
November 15, 2013 12:23:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting jwagne51,

I have a random question that's been bugging me about this mod;

Why does it have two exploration abilities;

AbilityExplore

&

AbilityExplore_FED?

lots of them just so I can connect a custom button and or sound 

or,, all races have different strengths and weaknesses, the feds may be better at exploring.

Open the 2 files in notepad+ and use plugins > compare and you will easily see.

I just took my own advise, seems the files match, I created and never customized yet. 

November 15, 2013 12:33:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

descStringID "IDS_ABILITY_EXPLORE_FED_DESC"

How about

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

edited to fit multiple explorers

"Space: the final frontier. A five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

November 15, 2013 7:18:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK how do you convert the entity file from bin to txt? I clicked the all three "convert" files;

_Entity_BIN-2-TXT

_Entity_TXT-2-BIN

And ConvertData_Rebellion

November 15, 2013 7:23:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you have to move the desired entity/s into the convert folder,
double-click _Entity_BIN-2-TXT.bat

ConvertData_Rebellion only works in the CMD window or by using the batch files (.bat) which calls the ConvertData_Rebellion.exe with the proper switches.

November 15, 2013 8:08:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also thanks to the person that changed the quick start to only have one frigate/cruiser shipyard instead of two.

November 15, 2013 3:25:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've seen the graphic artifact near a black hole that jwagne51 posted at the end of reply 4465. It looks like a rectangular section of the planet icon sheet - there's a white star, ice field and part of the radiation cloud. If you pan the camera around the black hole it appears to move in the same way that lens-effects do around normal stars - could be a clue.

November 15, 2013 8:11:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting NewHorizons,
I've seen the graphic artifact near a black hole that jwagne51 posted at the end of reply 4465. It looks like a rectangular section of the planet icon sheet - there's a white star, ice field and part of the radiation cloud. If you pan the camera around the black hole it appears to move in the same way that lens-effects do around normal stars - could be a clue.

Fixed 

@NH. Making a new Repo backup now. Not sure what is going on but your string file is borked, not sure what else is. The new backup should be installed fresh, then reconnect.

November 16, 2013 2:57:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Does anyone else have problems getting the SoA2 GalaxyForge to start?

November 16, 2013 3:28:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Go to :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire rebellion\Galaxy Forge

Or wherever it is you have Rebellion installed, and copy GalaxyForge.exe and Ironclad.Managed.dll, overwrite the ones in the SOA2 folder.

An oversight in the update, we didn't notice the updated executable.  It will be fixed going forwards.

November 17, 2013 8:45:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just finished all the custom and missing icons for creating maps in SOA2. They will be in the next update.
We are looking for map makers, submit to
soa2 [at] hotmail [dot] ca
or provide a link here or in any of our chat pages.

November 18, 2013 6:25:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Earth - it has a weird blue effect around it, and you can't place structures, only on auto-place. Is there a way around this?

November 18, 2013 6:39:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

make a copy of another home planet entity. rename it to the borked one, tell the new entity to use the earth mesh and string id and desc. 

This is of course after you move the entities to the convert folder and make them text files BIN_to_TXT.

If autoplace works, it may be the radius is borked. Not sure as I gave up using the custom home planets as you cant set the proper player there. BORG's homeworld as earth? and the Romulan HW on Kronos, fuck dat.

November 20, 2013 9:09:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

make a copy of another home planet entity. rename it to the borked one, tell the new entity to use the earth mesh and string id and desc. 

This is of course after you move the entities to the convert folder and make them text files BIN_to_TXT.

If autoplace works, it may be the radius is borked. Not sure as I gave up using the custom home planets as you cant set the proper player there. BORG's homeworld as earth? and the Romulan HW on Kronos, fuck dat.

Pfft, I had assumed Earth's lack of build space was intentional so it couldn't get cluttered with non-canon stuff.

What do you mean by that last part there?  If you set RandomizePositions to false you should be set, right?

November 20, 2013 10:04:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kullvox,
What do you mean by that last part there?  If you set RandomizePositions to false you should be set, right?

Ya for player, not who the player chooses to play as

Player0 planet, earth, if I play a 10 player game and set the my player, the 1st player as Klingon, which homeplanet do you think I will get?

November 22, 2013 11:38:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Player0 planet, earth, if I play a 10 player game and set the my player, the 1st player as Klingon, which homeplanet do you think I will get?

The suspense is killing me.  

backs out of the room slowly...   

November 22, 2013 11:55:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RedDwarf999,
The suspense is killing me.

Wow, yur too easy 

If that causes you suspence, just wait for all the goodies coming in the next patch 

and once again, no spoilers, you will need to go on a star trek to explore these strange new worlds, you may regret seeking out these new lives though.

Who will boldly go... ?

November 22, 2013 12:09:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I actually had some free time to "play" yesterday! I am impressed with everything that has been done so far. It is obvious i left the project in very capable hands. I wish i could contribute something, but unfortunately i am still in the same rut, and just have zero time to do much of anything. I am lucky if i get to spend more than 15 minutes on a computer now lol.

November 22, 2013 12:44:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No worries Major, your baby is in good hands. psychoak and I will keep SOA2's original vision going.

Although, now that the KLI and ROM AI's have working cloaking system, they are a real pain in my ass. My FED's are no longer the power house I used to win 10 player FFAs on unfair.

Went from winning 60% to 10%

November 22, 2013 7:17:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yesterday I played for the first time with the "if you lose your home world your out" option.  The AI does not focus on protecting it's home planet when you set this option.  So if you play 2 Borg vs 8 non-Borg get ready for a cascading core breach.  

It seems the Borg are just too good at munching on the other AI territory.  The non-Borg needs the ability to "fall back" with it's capital.  After both the Borgs started showing up in the same raids in my territory I knew the fix was in.  

I built 20 Constellations and took my 60 Intrepids on a suicide run to the Green Borg's homeworld.  Sniped it.  Yeah!  But I think the pink Borg was holding a grudge against the Green Borg.  (Maybe because his color is pink.) The Pink Borg has begun consuming the remnants of the Green Borg.  

My remaining 2 allies (a Romulan and a Fed) have decided they would rather kill each other than the Borg.  

Hope the rest of you are having a blast too.  I'm really enjoying all the mesh updates and improved sounds.  The death animations are much cooler.  And every where I turn there are groups of people I never heard of trying to kill me.   Thank you SOA2 Team.

This is SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26, 2013 10:45:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is there a GalaxyScenarioDef file available with the new icons and Stellar Phenomenon support or not until the next release?

November 27, 2013 2:27:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Haven't had much of a chance to play lately but decided to play a game tonight as the Borg. 

Wow. Some very nice touches in there. Well done.

November 27, 2013 2:46:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kullvox,
Is there a GalaxyScenarioDef file available with the new icons and Stellar Phenomenon support or not until the next release?

Next release, soon.

Quoting erfield1,
Wow. Some very nice touches in there. Well done.

Thanks 

November 27, 2013 9:33:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting erfield1,
Some very nice touches in there.

Show us on the doll where the Borg touched you.  

That was a bug I thought the mod team had taken care of.  Apparently it has become a feature.  

What does the achievement icon for that look like on Steam?  And is it as rare as Space Ponies?

November 28, 2013 3:10:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Next release, soon.

Awesome, thank you. The icons look outstanding. 

November 29, 2013 4:29:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Rebellion 1.8 issue. Dunno if it was addressed.

Romulan Enforced Loyalty does not show up in the starbase upgrade options despite being researched.

This turned out to be fairly game breaking for me since I started between two Borg and only the static defenses had any hope of holding out against them. Got enforced Loyalty as fast as I could so they couldn't just bomb the planet.

Without it working (or with it hidden somewhere I didn't see) the results were predictable.

Any way to fix this bug?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time: