Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2 - 0.7.7R Update 6/24/2016

Looking for Modelers and Texture Artists

By on December 14, 2009 11:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
SOA2 Home
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
5054 Replies +12
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 11, 2014 2:00:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting zoommooz11,

"The instructions a few pages back are probably the ones given to me, and they do work. (I too play a heavily modified-MUCH slower game). The "buff 'name' (ie ferengi, HOD etc) lock set.xml" really helps here. I do a X10 to all spawn timers (both initial, and ongoing). Without adjusting these I regularly had all factions bar the borg dead in the first hour or so.

OK Zoom sound great but could you explain that one in a little but more detail or Myfist0\Psychoak take a crack at it. I understand the premise just not sure I get all the necessary edits and where there at. I am aware of pretty much most of the pirate\rebellion stuff in the game constraint file for setting up raids ect. didn't now there were spawn parameters in the buffs

May 11, 2014 2:10:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

The Dreadnought is from a Voyager episode, they sent it to blow up a Maquis base and the Maquis reprogrammed it and sent it back at the Cardassians.  It got lost in the badlands, ergo Voyager episode, but that's the premise behind them.  Unintentional gifts from Cardassia, compliments of bad programming.

Ah I get it Psy OK They got it from the Cardassians it just the Cardies didn't give it to them.

I edit the Dreadnought back to its original form but I am going to have to edit those spawn rates so that none of these beasties spawn till very late in the game. I am assuming that the Crystal Entity, Doomsday Machine are as bad if not worse then the dreadnought?

May 12, 2014 11:48:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Was just reading about some of the other Rebellion mods and came across Armada 3 and watched the beta version on youtube. It looks like they are doing some nice things with it but frankly, and it is newer into its release cycle, but SOA looks much more refined. Taking nothing away from those that enjoy the Armada mod. For those who are dying for Titans in Star Trek that might be something to look at.

Eagerly await the next SOA release.

May 14, 2014 8:22:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok guys, so this is a totally random question. It might be too much of a pain to answer, and if so it's not a huge deal. As you know I love the mod, and lately I've been messing around with the Romulans a lot. I wanted to try and make a sort of "combat cloak" for certain Romulan capital ships, just as a possible option. Probably easier to just set the cloak to a single level so the AI doesn't waste all it's levels on cloak. So here's the weird thing, I'll use the AbilityRomCapCloak.entity as my example, though they all seem basically the same outside of visual effects.

I'm just going to write out what I'm seeing, then what I'm changing, and then what I'm experiencing.

First, basically all the ability does is call up buffRomCapCloak. You can mess with cooldown/antimatter cost here as well. No problem. BuffRomCapCloak does a bunch of stuff. It calls up buffcloakcommon (turns off the mesh, makes it not fire, makes it invuln), does some visual effects, and pulls off buffcloakcommon when the buff ends.

Here is where things get weird.

As far as I can tell, the damage that is allegedly dealt and the anti-matter drain numbers you change here do nothing. Neither does the capcloakcheck or whatever that is supposed to make cloaking cost more anti-matter when you are surrounded. I disabled that entire function, the ability still runs exactly the same. But no matter what, it says "invulnerable, passive regeneration disabled, -1 antimatter/sec" on the ship during the game. I've put in hull and shield restore and hugely upped the anti-matter drain (essentially attempting to make it a quick invincible/heal) but it seems to make no difference. It doesn't crash the game, it just doesn't do anything.

No matter what values I assign, I end up with -1 antimatter/sec, invuln, passive regen disabled in the game. The reason this is messing with my mind is that I can see nothing in BuffRomCapCloak or BuffCloakCommon that would account for this behavior. Remember that I have completely removed the RomulanCloakCheck stuff.

The ships in the SOA2 unmodded don't seem to actually drain anti-matter faster any faster while cloaked even in the presence of large fleets (as the cloakcheck ability seems to imply they should based on a stack up to 10), nor do they take any damage or restore shields more slowly (as they don't restore shields at all). I don't see where the passive regen disabled is even coming from. I thought the 1 antimatter/sec was coming from buffromcapcloak, but you can change it and it makes no difference.

Honestly, I'm baffled.

May 18, 2014 4:40:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Larani64,

Quoting zoommooz11, reply 4795
"The instructions a few pages back are probably the ones given to me, and they do by Yealt" id="_GPLITA_0" style="background: none !important; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; border: currentColor !important; border-image: none !important; width: auto !important; height: auto !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; float: none !important; display: inline-block !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important;" href="#" in_rurl="http://i.txtsrving.info/click?v=QVU6NDI0MTg6MTg3ODp3b3JrOjJkZGYyZmM4YzEzM2YwYjg1MWQ3ODAzYmYzYWNiNDNkOnotMTU5OS0zMTA5OTE6Zm9ydW1zLnNpbnNvZmFzb2xhcmVtcGlyZS5jb206NTc4MTY6NTlhNTljMDAxYzRhMjc1Y2FhNTE0NjMyNzhiMTEwY2M6YzNlMDZjYWFiZjc3NGFhNTk0ZTg0YWEyODhmNTY1MTI6MA&subid=g-310991-21ed191277fb48a4a6018b7506353a0e-&data_itn_test=0_20140516">work. (I too play a heavily modified-MUCH slower game). The "buff 'name' (ie ferengi, HOD etc) lock set.xml" really helps here. I do a X10 to all spawn timers (both initial, and ongoing). Without adjusting these I regularly had all factions bar the borg dead in the first hour or so.

OK Zoom sound great but could you explain that one in a little but more detail or Myfist0\Psychoak take a crack at it. I understand the premise just not sure I get all the necessary edits and where there at. I am aware of pretty much most of the pirate\rebellion stuff in the game constraint file for setting up raids ect. didn't now there were spawn parameters in the buffs

Ok. Yes for our longer games the pirates need adjusting which as you correctly pointed out are located in the gameplay constants. However, the raids that come from other 'races' ie ferengi are run by a complicated set of files from SOA2. You will notice in game that these raids come from around four or five races, with each of these having there own set of files. Within these files there are timers, which a) set the initial time for their first appearance, and 2 the continuing appearance thereafter. In my own game I only change the initial timers which are located in the game info folder.

Each file (4-5 of them, one for each race) will be labelled for example:  BuffFerengiLockSet.entity. Within this file there will be a timer of 2700 (from memory). Change this to a much larger amount (I do a X10, so 27000 sec). This then has says that ferengi raids will start to fire 27000 seconds into your game. You will need to change all of the files for the other races, which include the sona, HOD, Maquis, or specifically, the  BuffHODiLockSet.entity,  BuffMaquisLockSet.entity etc. You know when you are on the right track because the values are always quite big (in relation to many of the other ability/buff timers).

Hope this helps.

May 18, 2014 9:41:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks Zoom and yes it did help with Psychoaks help finding the Lock_Set files I think I have everything I need

May 23, 2014 9:07:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sacrifice-of-angels-2/images

Some new Borg UI images to preview. I am pretty happy with how they are coming.

Going way beyond repainting existing skins.

May 23, 2014 10:57:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow. Intense.

May 28, 2014 11:30:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi. I just wanted to say I used to play an older version of this mod a lot for SOSE and recently I bought Rebellion and have been playing the new version. Its seriously damn impressive guys you've put a massive amount of work into this and it really shows.

I do have a couple of questions. I have been playing the Dominion a lot and many of their ships, notable Jem Hadar cap ships don't have any voice work. Is this because they haven't been fully completed yet and things are still WIP? I noticed in the files that there are named files with no sound (I assume temp files). So technically for my own enjoyment would it work if I replace those with new samples in ogg format, naming them exactly the same etc? (I mean on my own downloaded version only)

The other thing is the Romulan music. I'd like to replace that but I'm a little confused by the way the mod references both MP3 and Ogg tracks. I thought it all had to be in Ogg, obviously not.   Please note I'm not implying any criticism its not that I don't like the music (I love Jeff van Dyck's stuff in Rome Total War) but for Romulans it just doesn't personally work for me and screws with the immersion, as in I suddenly think I'm not playing a Trek mod anymore. Yeah I know there is Spartacus stuff too (great music) but that just seems too heavy and not so subtle and appropriate. I think Romulan music should sound more sinister and devious. Ideally I want to replace it with some of the Ron Jones themes I have and some of Nemesis OST which you've mainly used in the latest version for the Federation. Plus I miss the old Romulan theme you used to have from Starfleet Command (loved that theme).

On the other hand the Dominion music (Deus Ex Human Revolution I think) works great and so does the (Tron Legacy) Borg stuff.

What is the music Battle Klingon 1 from? I know it from somewhere but can't put my finger on it.

Thank you for making the mod its an excellent piece of work and my comments are regarding only personal tweaks I'd like to make for myself providing its not too difficult to do.

May 28, 2014 12:49:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Falcon74,
I have been playing the Dominion a lot and many of their ships, notable Jem Hadar cap ships don't have any voice work. Is this because they haven't been fully completed yet and things are still WIP?

Not many old trek games have a good selection of Dominion tracks to pick from, I have been trying to grab from the show if it fits and there is no music playing while talking, those are very rare. Latest release should have all the Breen ships and JemHadar on fighter and there attack ship. Elites I was looking for Vorta or Changling clips. NewHorizons has added a ton of sounds for next release, mostly Cardassian, but we need more.

Quoting Falcon74,
I noticed in the files that there are named files with no sound (I assume temp files). So technically for my own enjoyment would it work if I replace those with new samples in ogg format, naming them exactly the same etc?

GameInfo\SoundDialogue.sounddata

Open in notepad, modder's use http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

effect
name "LCARS_LinkComplete"
fileName "FED_Effect_LinkComplete.mp3"
effect
name "Borg_Voice1"
fileName "BORG_Effect_WeAreTheBorg.ogg"

Name is used in other entity files, which links here, which tells which file name to play. Just switch the file extension to the appropriate one your file uses.

Remember, everything but music needs to be in mono or it plays on 1 side only, effects us is3D TRUE which places the mono track in the space it plays, so an explosion on the right side of the screen will play right channel.

Quoting Falcon74,
The other thing is the Romulan music. I'd like to replace that but I'm a little confused by the way the mod references both MP3 and Ogg tracks. I thought it all had to be in Ogg, obviously not.

GameInfo\SoundMusic.sounddata

Same as above

I found mp3 much better for music, with sampling rate at 320kb/sec. Voice dialouge and some effects can be lower quality to save RAM, but explosions and most weapons need the umph you only get with higher quality files. Some of the older tracks I didn't replace are still ogg, you may have to check to see if they are even used by searching SoundMusic.sounddata.

Quoting Falcon74,
Please note I'm not implying any criticism its not that I don't like the music (I love Jeff van Dyck's stuff in Rome Total War) but for Romulans it just doesn't personally work for me and screws with the immersion, as in I suddenly think I'm not playing a Trek mod anymore. Yeah I know there is Spartacus stuff too (great music) but that just seems too heavy and not so subtle and appropriate. I think Romulan music should sound more sinister and devious. Ideally I want to replace it with some of the Ron Jones themes I have and some of Nemesis OST which you've mainly used in the latest version for the Federation. Plus I miss the old Romulan theme you used to have from Starfleet Command (loved that theme).

I welcome critiques as long as they are constructive, and yours are.

I wanted to go for different themes for every race, it's a tough job to find music that fits and makes everyone happy.

I am still looking for someone to join the team that can be in charge of the music. I also have the soundtracks for TOS that will be in the TCMP add-on, they need to be sorted and linked into SoundMusic.sounddata in the add-on.

We also encourage modding our mod for personal use. If you make your changes in an ad-on style, send it to me, I would love to check it out.

Quoting Falcon74,
What is the music Battle Klingon 1 from? I know it from somewhere but can't put my finger on it.

Beowulf.

I like the Hollywoods Viking style of music for Klingons, but there is not much I found to suit.

A lot of Dominion is Homeworld, Homeworld 2.

May 28, 2014 6:05:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the detailed explanation and answers to my questions. Much appreciated. I'll make my own personal tweaks to stuff and if I think its worth your time I'll contact you and see what you think.

As for looking for someone to do the TOS music for the addon I'd definately be interested but I'm sure you'd prefer someone who has done some previous Sins modding. I've modded other games in my time but not this one.

May 28, 2014 6:26:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Falcon74,
As for looking for someone to do the TOS music for the addon I'd definately be interested but I'm sure you'd prefer someone who has done some previous Sins modding. I've modded other games in my time but not this one.

Your 'n00by' attempts will be much better that my 'experienced' avoidance

I am much to piled up with models and graphics, music will be last or never. And not just for the add-on, if you're on the team, I would like to see what you can do with the main soundtrack as well.

All you need is Turtoise http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html to connect to the teams developer build (repo) and join our Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ST-SOA2/, jump in group chat and psy or I will walk you through connecting to my server.

May 28, 2014 9:11:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just wanted to add a few thoughts in regards to music. When you added the Klingon theme from ST:TMP that really was great and added some authentic feel to the Empire. Also the Russian-choir singing theme seems to suit the Klingons well. Even the Borg tracks from Tron: Legacy, while weird at first, after awhile the tracks feels as much Borg material as it does Tron. Does that mean I have been assimilated?

Any timetable on the next release?

May 28, 2014 10:19:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting erfield1,
Does that mean I have been assimilated?

Hate to tell ya, you have been assimilated for a long long time already, drones from Unimatrix 79324 have trouble assimilating new code right away, we are working on the issue. I think removing all human DNA is our best option.

Quoting erfield1,
Any timetable on the next release?

If you are following the modDB page, you would see I am redoing the race specific UI's, these will take a while, and we added new features that we need time for our few beta testers to test out. No ETA yet.

http://1drv.ms/1q3xA4H

https://plus.google.com/102062311870765168370/posts/T3gscx2vCQC

June 14, 2014 11:46:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Psy been working real hard on the Engineers Part I map and it very near completion, going to need those random spawn scripts real soon.

June 14, 2014 2:14:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't help myself

SFC4 Ships of the Starfleet

Main Menu

Single Player – Play in the real world RPG map.

Multiplayer – Play single player, starship tactics, or board game online.

Starship Tactics – Play a war campaign as Admiral in an RPG map.

Board Game – Play in a board game setting where you control fleets on turns.

Starship Creator - Create your own model or edit an existing one (dds only). Create deck layouts.

Map Editor – RPG map or Board Game map. You can create races here.

Single Player

In single player you control fleets in SOASE settings where you zoom in and out, free positioning of fleets, and build new ships in real time action. You earn credits when your ships complete tasks.

Complete tasks inside your ship to get promoted (top view only). You start as an ensign. Transfer to another starship or department to gain experience in those fields, Plan ahead to have a distinguished service record.

The ranks are: Admiral; responsible for deployment of all Starfleet vessels, Rear Admiral; command task force groups of eight to twelve vessels, Fleet Captain; responsible for base operations and construction of vessels and may be tasked with mining and budgetary assignments, Commodore; commands a task force of three to six vessels, Captain; commands all starship operations and shuttlecraft, Commander; responsible for crew placement and mission objectives, Lt. Commander; responsible for ship board systems, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Ensign, and Ensign Junior Grade.

Once you get to captain, you command your ship in ST Bridge Commander real time. Complete missions such as Scan, Distress Call, Scout, Away Mission, Escort (if you’re a patrol combatant), etc.

When promoted to Admiral, You command a fleet (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc). You are responsible for maintaining a portion of your empire’s territory. Choose from Real Time economy (Total Annihilation) to Numeric economy (ST Armada). One sector, (SFC3), is a map of planets, moons, and stellar phenomena (SOASE).

Strategy is different from any other Star Trek game. For one, unit AI is a lot more intuitive. Perimeter Action Ships and Patrol Cruisers automatically patrol the outer-rim of a planet. Ships are built on specific usage rather than cost or fire power. The Patrol Combatants are equipped with tactical sensors which allow them to analyze the units of other players. The Cruisers extend the Combatants’ weapon range. The Frigates can be used to protect the Cruisers and Combatants. The Destroyers can be used to taunt the enemy and carryout special operations. The Scouts don’t have as many weapons as Destroyers but they can perform scientific scans of areas, hidden mines, spatial disturbances, and information on planets. Specialized ships are used to organize your entire fleet.

Single Player>>Select Campaign

There is Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Borg, Cardassian, Breen, and Dominion. You can create races in Map Editor.

Single Player >>Select Campaign>>Difficulty Level

There is Commander, Captain, and Admiral. You choose your name here.

Single Player >>Select Campaign>>Difficulty Level>>Choose Appearance

There are a number of races and detailed models to choose from. You can edit or create your character here.

Each player has twelve fleets, whether it is five or one hundred ships. There is detailed information on range, commander profile, and taskforce description.

Assemble your fleets. There are a number of patrol combatants, auxiliaries, frigates, destroyers, and cruisers that have their advantages. Patrol combatants are the toughest ships and offer you tactical information yet the cruisers have the highest sensor coverage. The auxiliaries repair and re-staff your ships and the scouts are the fastest. The frigates help protect the cruisers and patrols yet the destroyers attack with as many weapons as the combatants.

Taskforce mode is where the action begins. You control your starships in a 2D plain and attempt to surround and destroy your enemies. There are space obstacles such as planets, asteroids, anomalies, etc. There are space ports depending on the area of war. Races like the Romulans, Klingons, and Breen can cloak. Ships can hide inside nebulas.

June 14, 2014 2:33:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't help you either.

June 14, 2014 2:39:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Painusage what does your post have to do with SOA2?

You cannot help yourself? Your severe lack of self control makes me think that you might want to consider a mental health evaluation could be a compulsive disorder or maybe a obsessive disorder something along those lines anyway.

June 22, 2014 7:59:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just stopping by to say hello to my old peeps,

June 26, 2014 10:51:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok, hello peep

June 27, 2014 4:15:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i can't get anyone to pass my a cd so ... can't talk about it

July 10, 2014 9:24:09 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I just noticed something pretty confusing in a game as the Borg.  I looked at some of the dominion ships I had assimilated, and realized their damage was continuously going up.  I thought this might be related to an ability one had triggered since I'm not fully familiar with the Dominion lineup...until I realized that it was happening to all my assimilated ships.  Endlessly.

I'm looking at a level 8 Enslaver Battleship with 1459 polaron beam and 345 torpedo damage.  I also have a Deep Space Cruiser with 1202 phaser damage, and a Level 9 Harbinger with 1588 beam and 100 torpedo damage... 

Is this intentional, and if so is it based on tech or just because Borg?  For relics, all I've found are Manifest Dominion and Antimatter Injectors, neither of which affects damage.

July 10, 2014 10:01:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds like your game bugged out.

There is a buff for captured ships, it gives them 10 repair, 60% weapon CD, 60% shield restore, and 20 armor.  It doesn't stack though.  Those numbers are too high for that.

If you can send us a save of that, I'll take a look.

July 10, 2014 10:31:35 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I did recently notice it went back down when I entered a system outside my normal cultural boundaries, but all the damage values were still ridiculously-high (1164 on the Deep Space Cruiser).  Currently the Harbinger is only at 1130 beam and 86 torpedo damage although the level 9 Enslavers I have are all up to 1537 beam and 364 torpedo damage.

EDIT: I also just watched the damage start to go down on the battleships (1 at a time again). 

Where do you want me to send the save to?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time: