Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD WIP] Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2 - 0.7.7R Update 6/24/2016

Looking for Modelers and Texture Artists

By on December 14, 2009 11:11:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

SoA2Team

Join Date 03/2009
+37
SOA2 Home
Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? - Jean Luc Picard
Gameplay
FED
KLI
ROM
DOM
BORG
NPC
Install Rebellion mods tutorial
5064 Replies +12 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
RedDwarf999
Deadmoon36
madprince
tnathan475
binlabelled
Cheif50
trekie80
jpaa1701
Qaeylen
Fragnarok
and 2 more...
December 5, 2014 1:39:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

bombing the the planet is necessary to take down the shields. Then the feds would capture the structures or bomb them if they were booby trapped. the planets themselves would have planetary defenses.

here's the balance sheet. The tool can be used to balance the empires by changing the percentages in sheet1 giving you defense, offense, and build time. The empires are feds, klingons, romulan, borg, cardassians, dominion, and breen. You may choose to mix and match ships or change category points in the first page. To use it you must download .xls.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/249279964/SFC4-Balance-Method1

December 5, 2014 7:51:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

Quoting erfield1,

Will there still be a Christmas release?

New Horizons has been working a lot on the sounds, but I have been busy battling the forces of evil here on earth lately. I will jump in group chat and see what we can do. May not be anything major.

No worries. If there isn't enough content to justify a release that's fine. I am just happy with the quality of work the team does. 

December 6, 2014 4:35:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

New Horizons has been working a lot on the sounds, ...

Quite a few units will have their own unique voices.

* All Federation, Romulan & Klingon elites 

* Federation & Klingon Flagships

* Borg Queen Diamond (Elite & Flagship)

* All Cardassian combat frigates & cruisers

* Federation, Cardassian, Romulan & Klingon colony frigates

* Klingon & Romulan siege frigates

* Federation, Romulan & Klingon starbase constructors

In fact, not many ships still use the COMMON sound IDs.

Also assigned, where possible, ONCREATION sounds so that you can identify what type of ship has just been built.

In total there should be around twice the number of dialogue sounds as SoA2 0.7.1

December 6, 2014 11:51:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Enhanced Preservation is still listed as the Fed starbase upgrade. 

Could it be changed to something less Adventy? Lol

December 6, 2014 1:48:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,

Enhanced Preservation is still listed as the Fed starbase upgrade.

Could it be changed to something less Adventy? Lol
Heh-heh. Done.

Now 'Structual Integrity' as a nod to Federation SIF systems. Renamed KLI equiv to 'Structural Reinforcement'.

Do keep an eye out for other Advent/TEC/Vasari strings that don't fit.

December 6, 2014 2:39:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I wonder if the game could be changed to include all ships to capture or destroy neutral attacking ships. The player can command all ships to capture or destroy. The Federation, Romulan, and Cardassian empires are set to capture by default. Captured ships can not be used for battles rather they are purchased, traded, or returned to their governments. (Capturing ships will increase your diplomacy points. Destroying ships will ward off pirate raids and territorial incursions, increasing intimidation points and decreasing diplomacy.) Something like this?

December 6, 2014 6:55:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting NewHorizons,

Quoting myfist0,

New Horizons has been working a lot on the sounds, ...

Quite a few units will have their own unique voices.

* All Federation, Romulan & Klingon elites 

* Federation & Klingon Flagships

* Borg Queen Diamond (Elite & Flagship)

* All Cardassian combat frigates & cruisers

* Federation, Cardassian, Romulan & Klingon colony frigates

* Klingon & Romulan siege frigates

* Federation, Romulan & Klingon starbase constructors

In fact, not many ships still use the COMMON sound IDs.

Also assigned, where possible, ONCREATION sounds so that you can identify what type of ship has just been built.

In total there should be around twice the number of dialogue sounds as SoA2 0.7.1

Very nice.

Haven't played the Dominion as much of late. Do they still have the least amount of unique music?

December 6, 2014 9:19:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

NewHorizons, please tell me you got rid of the Feds scouts....working.wav ...please.

December 7, 2014 6:33:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,

... please tell me you got rid of the Feds scouts....working.wav ...please.
I'm afraid not. I can't say for the others, but that sound certainly brings back nostalgic childhood memories for me - I quite like it. However I don't tend to build a lot of scouts, so I don't hear it that often.

Quoting erfield1,
Very nice

Cheers. Most work in that area was done in SoA2 0.7.3, around 500 sounds. Currently there should be around 300 new sounds for the next release.

Quoting erfield1,

Haven't played the Dominion as much of late. Do they still have the least amount of unique music?

Running some shell script implies the Borg & Klingons have the least music:-

Count musicTheme definitions in the race's entity file:-

$ for i in Player* ; do echo -e $i " : \c" ; fgrep musicTheme $i | wc -l ; done
PlayerBorg.entity  : 49
PlayerDominion.entity  : 48
PlayerFederation.entity  : 49
PlayerKlingon.entity  : 40
PlayerRomulan.entity  : 43

Count each race's <race>_MUSIC* files:-

$ for race in BORG DOM FED KLI ROM ; do echo -e $race " : \c" ; ls "$race"_MUSIC* | wc -l ; done
BORG  : 22
DOM  : 38
FED  : 40
KLI  : 24
ROM  : 32

Having said that, not all music files have names that conform to the above pattern. DOM do have some nice tracks though , eg their opening theme.

December 7, 2014 9:21:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,

NewHorizons, please tell me you got rid of the Feds scouts....working.wav ...please.

Its not hard to change it yourself.

GameInfo/FrigateFedScout.entity

line 165

NumSoundsFor:ONCREATION 2
SoundID "FED_SCOUT_CREATE_0"
SoundID "FED_SCOUT_CREATE_1"

open one of the other fed ships and use that one, make sure count is correct.

December 7, 2014 6:15:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the tip.

The only glaring thing that I see is the build construct capitals,cruisers and frigate icons are still Vasari based. I play Fed.

Edit: Communal Labor?  Not Fed Like: That whole tech needs to be looked at... make it something fun... not a checkoff...

or simply a name change.

December 8, 2014 1:42:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,

... capitals,cruisers and frigate icons are still Vasari based. I play Fed.
Only race ATM that has their own ship build icons appears to be the Romulans. IIRC the icons were on the TODO list.

Quoting wbino49,

Communal Labor?
Yeah that'll need to be changed, along with Rich Ore Scrying...

December 14, 2014 10:32:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi guys,

IMHO you need to loosen up the paramaters of the special events. Maybe just make them regular random events, cause I have hours and hours of play and yet to see ONE.

I know they are tied to xplanets somehow, but those are rare in even large maps. What's the point of something in game which no one sees? Could some maps have them pre generated so to be avoided or fought against for XP?

Has anyone reading this seen any?

The only (regular )random event  seems to be the economy +~ and one of those solar flare ejections.  

Just my observations... Keep up the great work men.

Myfist playing your last map on large maps(the one with earth and Vulcan) love it.... How do you get the planets on the map to be up and down like that? It should be that way with all the maps....reminds me of my Star Control days where you have to fiqure out your jumps......

December 14, 2014 12:37:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Has anyone encountered the DD machine, Whale probe, Vger, Crystalline entity yet?

December 14, 2014 3:11:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There are 4-5 X class worlds on a huge single system random map(not SOA tagged version).  There are only two on Myfist0's version(SOA tagged version).

You have around a 40% chance for non-terran X class worlds to spawn either a Crystalline Entity, Doomsday Machine, or Unknown Probe.  The nice planets get Tribble infestations instead, so can only spawn Crystalline Entities.

I just checked a map, entity internals showed two Crystalline Entities set to spawn from the five X class worlds, along with a Tribble Infestation, Papa Drone System, and a Kalandian Installation.  I've had it running at 8x while typing this up and now a Crystalline Entity is laying waste to the massive Borg fleet that showed up to kill it, so they're spawning properly.

Yes, the Crystalline Entity is wiping out an end game Borg fleet.

December 14, 2014 3:27:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Haven't seen them, hundred hours in......anyone not on the team?

And why the tie-in with x class worlds? Just make them regular randoms.......

December 14, 2014 3:30:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Maybe I gotta play 8 x? Lol

December 15, 2014 7:39:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've only seen the Crystalline Entity and in one game it was also killing the Borg that were attacking it.  Loved watching that.  I would also like to see the other events.

backs out of the room slowly...  

December 16, 2014 2:36:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RedDwarf999,

I've only seen the Crystalline Entity and in one game it was also killing the Borg that were attacking it.  Loved watching that.  I would also like to see the other events.

They were actually meant to be undisclosed easter eggs, but we are working on it. Careful what you ask for.

December 16, 2014 2:44:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino49,

Myfist playing your last map on large maps(the one with earth and Vulcan) love it.... How do you get the planets on the map to be up and down like that? It should be that way with all the maps....reminds me of my Star Control days where you have to fiqure out your jumps......

you need to use GF and make the 2 star radius overlap. once done you can link a planet from one star to another planet at another star, but that means they use star travel speed (Fast lanes).

December 17, 2014 8:11:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

Has anyone encountered the DD machine, Whale probe, Vger, Crystalline entity yet?

I have encountered the Crystalline entity many many times, the Doomsday machine maybe 3-4 times, the Whale Probe twice, and haven't encountered V'ger.

December 17, 2014 10:42:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

V'ger is not in the mod, FYI.

December 22, 2014 10:31:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Happy Gaming Everyone! 

December 22, 2014 8:10:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

myfist0 - secret santa?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: