I am neither denier nor skeptic, I'm just a realist who realizes that the world is full of lies, liars, and stupid people who can't think for themselves. I side with neither liberals nor conservatives on anything (rather, I just side with the correct side), and I never vote for a major party. Furthermore, as a disclaimer, I will state that I hate corporations and big money more than most any "liberal."
These are the facts as I see them. If you pay attention, you will notice that they don't all come down on one side or the other:
- There has always been a lot of junk "science" with global warming claims. I will not cite chapter and verse, because I've studied it for years, and wouldn't know where to start. But the point I'm making is, junk science makes me suspicious of the claims the junk science makes.
- The earth has always gone through natural warming and cooling cycles. What the hell do you think ice ages were? Global cooling. What the hell do you think the retreat of ice ages were? Global warming. You can't get any more no-brainer than that.
- There is now a huge amount of blatant hysterical lies and propaganda being pumped into the zeitgeist by the major tv news stations on "global warming." I can't count the number of "documentaries" I've seen the past few weeks by either CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc. showing some poor island off in the pacific somewhere (Maldives?), or showing some island off of Bangladesh which is now being threatened by rising sea levels. The claims aren't that rising sea levels will affect these places in the future. The claim is, THE RISING SEA LEVELS ARE AFFECTING THESE PLACES RIGHT NOW! But the undisputed fact is, THERE IS NO MEASURABLE INCREASE IN SEA LEVEL AT THE MOMENT! When I see blatant lies and propaganda, being backed by big money (there has to be big money involved in such a media full-court press), again I get suspicious.
- Corporations have an interest in polluting, and have an interest in denying global warming (whether it is true or false) and their involvement in it. Corporations don't care about the planet, or me and you. They care about one thing, and only one thing: their profits.
- Some powerful corporations, and Wall Street investment banks (Goldman Saks), have the opposite interest. Their interest is in the world believing in global warming (whether it truly exists or not), because they stand to make big bucks trading carbon credits, etc.
- I am reserved in my claim here, because of the hiddeous amount of junk science and lies out there, but the earth at this point does seem to be warming. Glaciers seem to be in retreat everywhere, the polar ice caps seem to be shrinking, etc. Could be lies, or selective showing of photographs and evidence, but at this point I believe it unless its proven wrong.
- The wholesale digging up of millions of years old remains of dead prehistoric plant material (coal and oil) and burning it all to get energy is just a bad idea. It does pollute. It does use up oxygen and pump God knows how much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. It's just something that isn't smart, and it's just something I'd rather not do.
My conclusions are that there are lies and junk science and propaganda that global warming is occuring and is manmade, but ironically, it might actually be occurring despite the lies and propaganda, and either way digging up and burning all this stuff just isn't good. There are liars and interests and big money on both sides that want me to believe one way or the other. Nothing good will come out of these global warming conferences, because it is all being done for the benefit of big money and big corporations. I think we should stop burning all this stuff we dig up out of the earth's crust. I was for nuclear decades ago, and still am. I think it would have solved a lot of our problems. Unfortunately, the idiot liberals opposed it, and thus shot themselves and everyone else in the foot.