Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

DISTANT STARS Map Submissions

Time to share your own DS map creations!

By on December 19, 2009 4:17:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

DistantStars

Join Date 12/2009
+3

Here ye, Here ye!!!

Time for all for all the map makers and fellow DS players to chart the systems!

Thats right, this topic is dedicated to showing us your maps!!!! Post them up! Download fellow map makers maps. Try them out! Make more maps!!!!

We also will be featuring every so often maps made by posters! Your maps may also make it into DS itself on future patches!!!! So...get your compass out and and your local star chart and show us what you got!!!!

53 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 19, 2009 4:19:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cant wait to see what yall submit!

December 19, 2009 11:56:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Heres a map made by yours truly called Final Draw. Its strictly a 2v2 map, I'll post it for 1v1 later.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nj4nznwz2j

December 20, 2009 12:33:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is the 1v1 version of Final Draw.

http://www.mediafire.com/?flqd010mmdi

edit: the link is broke cause i lost the files

January 16, 2010 1:01:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for posting up a map Admiral Rain!!!! Here is hopeing for more!!!!

January 27, 2010 2:46:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I believe my Gateways Map is about ready for submission.  If anyone has any suggestions, please just say and I'll take a look at them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=373DKE8K

February 17, 2010 4:12:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Synergy

A map made to include all the content from Distant Stars, made strictly for two teams of two and one team of one, or free for all.

Hope you like it.

P.S. It has a secret...

February 26, 2010 10:53:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://sites.google.com/site/steelers086/gamefiles/FinleySystem.rar

Finley System from the DS lore.  One player is at an expansion disadvantage, but that's by design.  1v1, no pirates.

http://sites.google.com/site/steelers086/gamefiles/Clover.rar

Little 3 leaf clover map for DS users on March 17th.  Figure I may as well post it now.  1v1v1, pirates allowed.  Green Star, Dozens of forrest planets...  It's a lot of fun.

March 7, 2010 5:32:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

More Lore maps, posted by Ryat.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/372058/page/14/#2559717

April 17, 2010 4:42:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Another lore map.  Daros and Mytivias systems.  Thenos's home turf.

http://sites.google.com/site/steelers086/gamefiles/DarosandMytivias.galaxy

May 16, 2010 12:39:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

my map of the Antynene system  http://www.mediafire.com/?dni1i2jma3y

May 16, 2010 5:05:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Link doesn't take me to the map..... may need changed

May 19, 2010 2:32:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

bookmark

May 21, 2010 7:45:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i fixed the link

May 22, 2010 11:34:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good, and here's a new one for everyone.....  The distant stars region.  All stars and explored systems are in for some major 8 player action....  Pirates?  Yeah, got those too.  If you thought black 5 was tough enough on it's own....  Well, it's not the only system there...

http://sites.google.com/site/steelers086/gamefiles/DistantStars.galaxy

August 15, 2010 2:33:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stant, I don't mean to be the reaper, but I have worries about the performance impact of such a massive map. I'd only put in some of the systems and planets or focus on a smaller region.

August 15, 2010 3:26:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Those worries were asked, considered, addressed, and put aside by me before the big map was even created.  The plan is to break everything up based on the constellation (most likely) or political region (less likely) maps once all of the systems are explored and set.  For now, each newly explored system gets added to the big map.  Plus there's also the individual maps that I create if a system can support more then a single player such as Finley and/or Antynene, or if they can't, then a pair of systems for a map like the one for Daros and Mytivias.  When I'm done updating Vanilla DS, I'll probably go back and combine all of Ryat's, release the modified Black 5 Sector, and get on Carbon's case to give me all of the info on the UE held systems and put that one out.  That is, if it hasn't already been done for me by then.

August 15, 2010 5:20:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Righty.

August 16, 2010 10:11:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think I'll work on a map of the constellation I am in for the DS story.

The constellation is the Trinity Constellation. It contains the following systems, controlled by the following factions...

Mercavica  -  Sivtherum

Proveva  - Sivtherum 

Antynene  -  Red Dragon Army

Tarkunus  -  Monta Clan

Austrysius  - Unclaimed

Urmal  - Unclaimed

Vertra  - Unclaimed

Eulica  - Unclaimed

The Proveva and Rssundova systems are already made.  I will be working on the rest.  Has anyone else done any work on the above systems?

August 17, 2010 12:54:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The 4 unclaimed and the Monta Clan, that'd be a no, but it'd be nice to have a lore post with those systems in it to coincide with a posting of them in this thread, even if it's just scouts running through the systems detailing what's there for possible allies / enemies / operation expansion etc.

Pictures are in the lore if you've got the time to hunt them down, galaxy files are here even thought they're not very useful when combining maps.

Galaxy Files:

Antynene you can get from above
Mercavica you can get from here - I believe it's the finalized version with all of the names done and everything
Proveva was your own so you should have it already
Tarkunus will be a new one
Austrysius will be a new one
Urmal will be a new one
Vertra will be a new one
Eulica will be a new one

August 17, 2010 11:05:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks Stant, I will be posting a lore post once I get them made... Chicken before the egg

Or is it the other way around???

August 18, 2010 12:25:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Being a believer in evolution myself, I'd say the answer is so simple it's a wonder people even ask "which came first?"  The egg came before the chicken that we all know of today.  Genes (possibly mutated) were passed on from the female parent and the egg was created around it, then the male parent fertilized the egg (with possibly mutated genes), thus creating the chicken which developed inside the egg (with genes that possibly mutated at this point).  Gene mutation had to occur at one or more of those three points to change from the precursor to the current, but in all cases, the egg was there first before the complete creature so the answer is amazingly simple.

That being said, it doesn't matter which is posted first and how long the gap between postings are, just as long as the lore get's posted before someone else 'scouts' the system and comes up with something different.  First to explore always has the final say, so it's just good practice to get the lore post out there as soon as you can.

Also, not that you care, Red Dragon Army is actually only half of Oranos's people.  The official group is called the Alliance of Gardenia.  The RDA handles the fleet operations, the other group handles everything else.  Drawing a blank on their name at the moment.  I'd say he'll clear it up, but he's only been online once in over a month...

August 18, 2010 12:52:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Btw, chickens were actually a domestically bred product of man, largely from two forms of fowl found in Asia. Selective breeding and other modifications have been made as the bird became a popular food source throughout the world. Despite the lack of evolutionary purity, it can still be assumed that the egg came first, the chicken being an inherent component of the egg.

August 18, 2010 1:04:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow, didn't expect the can of chicken feed I opened up

But yes, I say Draak has it right.... the modern chicken came from genetics, so the chicken came first.

(not to mention I'm a believer in Creation, so that helps too.  No hard feelings there Stant )

And I'll get on that scouting party "el Pronto!"

August 18, 2010 1:07:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, the chicken inherently resides in the egg before birth, so I was aiming for the egg came first... but whatever.

August 18, 2010 2:23:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Selective breeding is just selecting the genetics you like, combining two breeds is the same as intentionally creating a mutation in the egg creating a third choice.  Like I said before, in all cases the egg came first because the female parent always creates the egg before it's fertilized.  We eat unfertilized eggs most of the time if you need proof of the egg being made before the creature.  If it was the other way around, you'd have chicken parts for breakfast every time you cracked an egg.  You can be a believer in creation all you want as long as you believe the egg was created first.    Couldn't resist.

Looking forward to the lore post.

BTW, going through the English string file for DS diplomacy looking for stuff to add to the one for DS vanilla and found this:

StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_TECHDESTROYER_NAME"
    Value "Vera Destroyer"
StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_TECHDESTROYER_DESCRIPTION"
    Value "A balanced warship specialized in boarding and capturing enemy frigates and cruisers."

Hmmmmm.  I've got a new project for Todd once he and Batson are done.

Edit:

There's also

StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_PSIDESTROYER_NAME"
    Value "Salvation Destroyer"
StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_PSIDESTROYER_DESCRIPTION"
    Value "A balanced warship that is adept as harrassing and ensnaring enemy warships."

and

StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_PHASEDESTROYER_NAME"
    Value "Marrasek Destroyer"
StringInfo
    ID "IDS_CAPITALSHIP_PHASEDESTROYER_DESCRIPTION"
    Value "A strong warship that is able to manipulate phase space direct the flow of battles."

for you Advent and Vasari players.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001156   Page Render Time: