Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins: Diplomacy Beta 3 Notes

By on January 7, 2010 11:15:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+200

Today we plan to release Beta 3 (v0.95) of Sins of a Solar Empire - Diplomacy to pre-order customers. During the changeover to the new beta, the ICO server will be taken offline while the files are updated.

Beta 3 adds a number of refinements to Diplomacy based on feedback, along with bug fixes and some new features. Details are below.

As always, if you don't want to deal with bugs, balance issues or providing feedback to improve the game please wait for the final release.

Gameplay Changes:

• Pirate Missions have been added.  After the proper research, players may now offer the Pirate faction missions to attack specific gravity wells. This is accessed via the Pirate tab in the Criminal Underground screen. There is a 5 minute cooldown between Pirate missions and they will become progressively more expensive as the game plays out.
  • Added new Bomb Planet mission type.
  • Added new Advent envoy ability - Quell Unrest.
  • The Vasari Phase Drive Pact has been slightly buffed.
  • The Vasari Armament Pact has been buffed.
  • AI players will now declare war at a much lower relationship level.
  • Positive military actions no longer give as large of a relationship bonus.
  • Giving metal/crystal to a faction will now result in a higher relationship gain.
  • Fleet Strength relationship factors will now be -1, 0 or 1.
  • Added several new maps (Nemesis, Secrets, Triad, Whirlwind, Domination).
  • The Humanity relationship bonus is now known as the AI bonus, it only applies to relations between humans and AI players.
  • Relationship bonuses granted by research should now work.
  • Changed most of the Pacts to make them more substantial.
  • Pact requirements (relationship level) have been lowered.
  • Shifted diplomacy techs across each race's tree to make early game diplomacy more accessible.
  • You can no longer target your own allies for attack missions in Locked Team games.
  • Several price adjustments to various research subjects.
  • The extraction rate on Mutual Threat has been lowered (Vasari).
  • AI players will now more reliably research Pacts.
  • Hotfix - The AI is now more intelligent about choosing which planets to target for missions.
  • Hotfix - Modifiers on the two hardest AI settings have been increased.
  • Hotfix - Envoys now have more realistic shield and HP regen rates.
  • Hotfix - Worthy Cause can now only be used around enemy or allied planets.
  • Hotfix - Relationship bonus techs are now split accross three stages in all research trees.
  • Hotfix - Modified the AI gangup behavior slightly.
  • Hotfix - Cultural Relations techs should now reward their relationship bonuses at the proper time.
  • Hotfix - There is now a new research tech to remove racial relationship penalties.

Interface:

• The game should no longer tell the player they're under attack by an ally.
  • InfoCards have been added for the Create Mission screen buttons.
  • Flavor text has been added to the relationship levels to better describe status at a glance.
  • Military Strength is now called Fleet Strength.
  • The Manage Pacts button will no longer be enabled after a player has lost.
  • Relationship is now displayed as regular values ranging from 0 to 20, with 10 being the "normal" limit, and 11 to 20 being available via envoy bonuses.
  • Tweaked the Manage Pacts screen to be less confusing (hopefully).
  • When a player rejects your Mission, the proper message should now be displayed.
  • The Create Mission screen should now display how much relationship is required.
  • Abilities that generate income should now be displayed in the Income InfoCard.
  • Hotfix - Fixed a bug related to the rendering of credit from envoy abilities on infocards.

Graphics:

• Made a few texture adjustments to the Advent and TEC envoys.
  • Fixed bug with Voruntak envoy where it was using TEC particle fx for its exhaust trail.
  • TEC Module Constructor should now display the correct unit picture.
  • Voice of the Unity now has a unique icon.
  • Fixed an issue with mipmaps on textures related to envoys.

Misc.:

• Fixed small bug with the Phase Drive Pact.
  • Fixed small bug in the Pirate base upgrade system.
  • Fixed bug in how bonus relationship is formed in regards to Fleet Strength.
  • Envoys using Diplomatic Immunity should no longer trigger mines.
  • Fixed bug with Vasari envoy's Mutual Threat ability.
  • Fixed bug with Arbitrate Tariff so it now gives a positive income boost.
  • Fixed bug where positive boosts to trade income where show as negatives on the InfoCards.
  • Fixed Sacrifice ability on Advent envoys.
  • Hotfix - Fixed a crash related to AI players research envoy abilities.

72 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 7, 2010 11:24:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can has patch?

January 7, 2010 12:56:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No.

January 7, 2010 12:58:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Everyone can haz. It's published.

Kris

January 7, 2010 1:03:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh, so this is still an open beta to pre-order customers?  I haven't pre-ordered yet.

January 7, 2010 1:26:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When set on FASTER option on the settings menu before a game, its seems slow.

January 7, 2010 1:26:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

game speed etc.

January 7, 2010 2:07:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh, so this is still an open beta to pre-order customers? I haven't pre-ordered yet.

Yes, we're not going to close pre-orders on Diplomacy, so you'll be charged immediately and gain access.

January 7, 2010 2:33:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My old savegame does not load. Is that by design?

January 7, 2010 3:53:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This usually happens after updates as certain features get added, removed or changed. Old savegames almost never work after an update.

January 7, 2010 4:03:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

three words, WHOOHOO!

January 7, 2010 4:19:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Still waiting on a the few conditional statements needed to limit on the number of winners in unlocked games.

January 7, 2010 6:20:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm pretty stoked for this update!

January 7, 2010 6:53:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting DerSenf,
My old savegame does not load. Is that by design?

More or less. Patch changes often break saves due to differing data/AI/etc.

January 7, 2010 7:14:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, much better. I love being able to give the pirates missions on the fly and just create chaos at will.

...but...

..No missions from the AI's.. They just sit there and tell you how much they dislike you.

The only way I could improve relations were to give them money, metal, and cystal. That and spam the daylights out of the envoy cruisers. With no missions you could not improve relations just by having fun blowing things up for them.

Also, I am not sure I like the change from a 1-100+ percentage to the 1-20 decimal ratings in the relationship screens. However, I REALLY like the statement of the Hatred, warning, neutral etc.

January 7, 2010 7:31:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yay!!

January 7, 2010 7:39:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It might be me, but the AI difficulty level 'cruel' is pretty lame. The AI colonised 4 worlds (50 for the map) and built one cap...

January 7, 2010 8:12:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,
TEC Module Constructor should now display the correct unit picture.
I made a difference!

I can die a happy man now.

January 7, 2010 10:00:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

is there still the thing about only being able to form a pact with one player, instead of the extras not stacking?

January 7, 2010 10:30:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good news!

But still waiting for one of the listings to be, "substantially improved AI".  

January 7, 2010 10:47:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No missions from the AI's.. They just sit there and tell you how much they dislike you.

What are you talking about?   that is realistic because that is exactly what I would do in a game.   (joke)

I wonder if the missions for the pirates are worth it in relation to spending that much money on ships to attack yourself.    I guess it still works even if you are low on metal or something.   great for traders.

January 8, 2010 12:13:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
is there still the thing about only being able to form a pact with one player, instead of the extras not stacking?

How do you mean, exactly? Are you talking about same-race pacts (like 2 TECs allying up), or just that you can only offer each pact once?

January 8, 2010 1:57:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You can still only offer each pact once...  I'd personally like to see a group of people as allies benefit from the pact.  For each allie added to a pact, the overall percentage gain would decrease.  And, I'd like the pacts to maybe be shown in a different screen too.  I find it annoying to have to click so many buttons to get to the pact info and having to do that for every player.  Can't there be a way to offer pacts through the diplomatic tree?  Or at least some information to show which players are sharing what?

January 8, 2010 2:51:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, only being able to offer a pact once is a design decision that they won't change.

The idea is not to overburden you with having to use tons of envoys. You can have multiple allies, but only need extra relations with 2 other players to maximise your treaties. Bit less micromanagement.

January 8, 2010 7:49:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you very good! As a suggestion, wouldn't it be logical that 2 players of the same race are more likely to have a better relationship? So that they would get a small bonus? Something similar to the evil and good traits in galciv2.

January 8, 2010 8:11:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am getting more and more interested in Diplomacy but i'm waiting to know how the ia handle the new game mechanics before purchasing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000984   Page Render Time: