Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of the Prophets [MOD]

The Halo mod for SoaSE

By on January 8, 2010 12:12:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

CanadaMan777

Join Date 03/2008
+24

THE YEAR IS 2543, nine years before the end of the Human-Covenant war. Humanity and the Covenant are in the thick of their conflict. The UNSC is constantly being pushed back deeper into their own territory.

For now, the flood sleeps, the sentinels continue their age old work, and the genocide continues.

Will you defend the remaining UNSC colonies to the death or guide the Covenant to certain victory? 

Gallery:

(UNSC)

(Covenant)

Downloads:

Sorry, none yet. The first version will be for Entrenchment only, with versions coming out for the different versions of Sins as well.

Keep up to date:

Visit our new forums http://danmangames.com/forums/index.php?board=61.0

or see our moddb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-sins-of-the-prophets

Locked Post 277 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 8, 2010 2:52:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't wait to play this.

January 8, 2010 3:09:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks very enticing.

January 8, 2010 3:32:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks interesting

January 8, 2010 5:54:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Those are some very impressive models and textures you have created. They look like they will fit right in alongside the original Sins ships. I too am very interested.

Just a question. Will this mod exclude the Vasari or will they still be there, just unchanged?

January 8, 2010 8:28:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

bookmark for self

January 8, 2010 10:37:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,
Will you defend the remaining UNSC colonies to the death or will you guide the Covenant to certain victory?

Since i have not yet model the Covenant Supercarrier, i will guide the UNSC to a certain victory with a bunch of my UNSC supercarrier !!!

January 8, 2010 10:56:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's some nice model work, what program was used to create them?

January 8, 2010 12:29:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

wow...

January 8, 2010 1:55:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Thoumsin,

Since i have not yet model the Covenant Supercarrier, i will guide the UNSC to a certain victory with a bunch of my UNSC supercarrier !!!

Very true. That thing is just incredibly powerful.

January 8, 2010 1:56:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SuperZERO0,
Those are some very impressive models and textures you have created. They look like they will fit right in alongside the original Sins ships. I too am very interested.

Just a question. Will this mod exclude the Vasari or will they still be there, just unchanged?

All the original races are still in, as of now.

EDIT:

Disregard this ancient post. SotP is a total conversion.

January 8, 2010 3:00:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting PUREVENOM,
That's some nice model work, what program was used to create them?

I have made only one model fully : the UNSC supercarrier ... for the Covenant assault carrier, the texture is from me but on the model, 150 triangle on the 12000 are from someone other... for UNSC aegis fate, i have correct the model and make some texture work...

Program use for modeling is Wings3D and for texturing is Gimp... both are free software...

Since numerous people have work on this mod, numerous software have be used... software are like shoes... you need to find the right shoes for your own feet, there where you fell confortable... there is no good or bad software ( the only bad that i know is sketchup who generate a lot of error in mesh ), simply seek what work the best for you... and don't hesitate to seek free alternative... Wings3D is very limited by his limits are in the range of the sins limits... if you wish directly something more powerfull, try "Art Of Illusion"... the possibility of these last is almost equal to 3Dmax but it spare you a lot of $$$...

My advice is to try every free software or pay software with demo... if you don't find what YOU wish, there is plenty of other, simply good check the review and related forum... spend a lot of money on something you are not confortable to work with is a bad move...

January 8, 2010 3:33:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ah nice,finally a new clean topic for this mod. Well keep up the good work.

January 9, 2010 6:56:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

Our forums have been down since Christmas, and their absense has dragged me back to the Sins forums. Anyways...

Canadaman, Dan have granted me the right of Web admin for the time being... they have lost the last 6 month of data but it allow me to make a frresh start... before, the forum was only about 7DS... now, it is more a collection of mod where people work together... so, i have start a fully new structure where each individual mod are on a equal level...

Go to http://danmangames.com/forums/index.php ... loggin and password is identical to these of the old forum... your section can be found at http://danmangames.com/forums/index.php?board=61.0 ... i have made the template these night ( yep, i have not sleep these night )... your need to modify the post called "info" and the several post called "intro" in each sub forum... you are now in full control of your section... with a new status called mod leader... and of course, you have full moderator right on YOUR section...

Once you have modified the post "intro" ( don't forget to put a link to your mobdb and to these topic ) and the several post "info"... take a look at http://danmangames.com/forums/index.php?board=18.0 ... it is all post from your topic from 6 month ago... yes, we have loose data... but all these old data are keep in a section called archive... it was a discussion about starting will a blank forum or keeping these old data... i think that we have not the right to decide for you the mod leader... so, the old archive is keep in a special section... but a new structure is build... now, it is your job to review the old data and inform me of what topic you wish to keep and where ( what section ) in the new template i need to move them...

I am the web admin only for a short term, the time to make the forum again functional... i am really sorry for the data loss but i was not in control... and it will never happen again... in the future, we will have a minimum of 2 web admin... who will be mainly responsible for backup... so, if a web admin fail his job, we will have have a situation like now since we will have a backup web admin...

Somehow, you are lucky, your section is the first one ready to be used... remember one thing... i have now build a structure who is identical for each individual mod but you are now with the status of mod leader and you can change everything you want in your section... my structur e is a basic structure, feel free to change all you need for feel yourself confortable...but please, don't change any board or subboard because the access right gestion is really a pain in the a$$... if you are not carefull, with all power that you have now on your own section, you will be able to kick yourself out of your own section !!!

January 9, 2010 3:47:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow, thanks for all your hard work on the new forums Fileosoft! They look  much cleaner and planned better than the old version. I'll get to work settling in.

January 9, 2010 7:34:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good to see the mod is progressing nicely.

January 14, 2010 10:52:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Everyone,

Just showing off the UNSC Light Destroyer that I just got in. It's essentially a Heavy Frigate widened and fitted with 2 MACs.

Here's the ship in question:

Frigate Variants:

Light Destroyer MAC:

January 26, 2010 8:26:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ooooooo...... aaahh........  

February 1, 2010 8:51:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Alright guys, I'm back again with more news.

I sorted out a nasty problem concerning tangents earlier today, and now progress can continue unabated.

First, we have the new Covenant Scout. Tentitively titled the Spook (the name is defintiely not final) it fufills the covenants need for a basic scout.

On to the second hand of the news, we have the Covenant Frigate. I don't have a name for it yet, but its the Covenant basic frigate, despite being far stronger than a ship of a similar class for the UNSC.

And then here's a small Covenant group just for kicks:

February 1, 2010 9:34:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As usual, awesome work CanadaMan!

And I take it those missles fired from the frigates are placeholders for now?

February 1, 2010 10:38:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Myles,
As usual, awesome work CanadaMan!

Thanks!

As for the missiles, absolutely. The final won't be that far off from Bailknight's though, just the spiral trail effect removed and the black center replaced with white.

February 2, 2010 3:45:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CanadaMan777,

Quoting Myles, reply 19As usual, awesome work CanadaMan!

Thanks!

As for the missiles, absolutely. The final won't be that far off from Bailknight's though, just the spiral trail effect removed and the black center replaced with white.

I was gonna reply that Covenant plasma is usually white, but that explains it all

February 2, 2010 8:46:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have you seen the pic for the Covenant Battle Ship?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Covenant_Battleship

February 2, 2010 10:32:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wow, two updates in two days, eh?

Today, I have the Seraph Space-Superiority Fighter. It's well suited to either bomber or fighter roles, but it'll be a fighter in this mod due to the presence of a fan-made bomber.

And here's the Covenant attacking a TEC-held world:

February 3, 2010 1:35:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Another day, another update.

I finally got around to start doing the Lighting/team color maps for the ships, with bump maps on the way.

Here's the frigate with the light maps on:

Here's the newest covenant ship in, the Covenant Needler Corvette. It uses its oversized needler weaponry to take down enemy strikecraft with its homing bullets.

February 3, 2010 4:42:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Now, CanadaMan, you know if you keep updating like this people are going to start having expectations.

Though I do have to say I don't like the nose point at the front of the Needler ship. Since Covenant ships are generally rounded it doesn't seem to fit with thier style. If the nose was removed I think it'd fit in fine.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time: