Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD] Stars

For interstellar military companies in multistar maps

By on February 14, 2010 9:47:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Aplos

Join Date 03/2009
+8

Locked Post 263 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 14, 2010 9:51:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello everybody!

February 14, 2010 10:16:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This looks very interesting!

February 17, 2010 6:18:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds promising. Will give it a try later on.

February 18, 2010 9:50:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Crashes on attempted application in v1.01 Diplomacy. :/  Sadness, as it looks amazing.

February 19, 2010 5:31:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting godzilas,
Crashes on attempted application in v1.01 Diplomacy. :/  Sadness, as it looks amazing.

It is almost even more sad that this is caused by a single new line in the game constant.

February 19, 2010 5:17:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

actually the dump is caused by the NEW armour type "pirate" in the gameconstants, AND the new entity files, so there also needs to be an updated entity.manifest

harpo

March 27, 2010 9:14:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, this mod doesnt even work? Dang.

April 5, 2010 6:27:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Everything works!!!

April 5, 2010 12:05:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Aplos,
Everything works!!!

Indeed it does now!

Great mod. I like the flair with the new music and that you can travel between every planet. I also like the fact that every starbase can move now, so that you are able to defend yourself more efficiently. The maps you've created are fantastic. Very realistic with long distances between stars.

Well done!

BtW Do you have any kind of forum for your mod? Is it all your work? Or is there more guys working on this?

You should use moddb to make you mod more public!

April 5, 2010 4:10:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Can anybody point me to the full download of the mod? i only see the two additions for the Mine ban and the Vasari Stargate buff.

April 5, 2010 5:05:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why dont you look above them two downloads....

April 5, 2010 5:19:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I swear that wasnt showing up before...

April 14, 2010 4:18:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Midnighter90,

Quoting Aplos, reply 8Everything works!!!
Indeed it does now!

Great mod. I like the flair with the new music and that you can travel between every planet. I also like the fact that every starbase can move now, so that you are able to defend yourself more efficiently. The maps you've created are fantastic. Very realistic with long distances between stars.

Well done!

BtW Do you have any kind of forum for your mod? Is it all your work? Or is there more guys working on this?

You should use moddb to make you mod more public!

Glad you like it !

Yeah, It' all my work & there is no any other forum or site of this MOD. & what would you intent to write there?

Where is 'moddb', you are speaking about? I really want to make my mod more public , but don't know how to. Will wait for new ideas of promoting, in readiness .

April 16, 2010 4:09:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is ModDB. It stands for mod database.It is very popular by modders!

There are many people who, in my opinion, would love such a mod! It also offers some kind of forum for your mod so gamers like me can talk about their favourite maps,tactics and other stuff related to your mod. GO check it out!

July 18, 2010 6:25:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi guys! Stars are back!

Speaking about Remnants I want to mention that changes affected only fleet.

BTW, if someone wants any thematic discussion, you may create your own post and let me know about it, and I'll make a link from this page to your post. Working at ModDB page is in process.

Comments are appreciated!

Sincerely yours, Aplos.

July 18, 2010 11:19:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nice Pictures

July 19, 2010 2:52:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What version of Sins is this for?

also looks very cool.

July 19, 2010 2:59:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Look in the header...

-edit-

Sorry for the sarcasm

July 19, 2010 9:26:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

First off, I'd like to say this mod is very nice and the new maps are wonderful to play. I think they really bring back a feel of just how huge space is, something I've found missing in the vanilla game, too used to big systems with ton's of planets =P

I've got a couple comments/questions though:

- The advent resource focus technology is um interesting. I've noticed that it drastically increases the mineral output. I took a asteroid with 3 crystal extractors and with 3 trade centers on resource focus I was able to get up to 40 crystal/second. In fact, by mid game I was producing more crystals and ore/sec than money. Is this intentional? I've only played advent and remnants so far, but does each race have an equivalent to this?

- The above situation also makes the AI kinda a joke as I'm able to out resource and out build even, vicious AI's soon as I get resource focus. By midgame with 2 systems in the Sol map, I'm actually at the point where I can't spend money faster than I earn it.

- As for the early game, I've noticed that whether or not your starting system has a space station in one of the untaken planets. Those things can hold off quite a large fleet by themselves (took me 3 caps and a mixed fleet of nearly 3 dozen frigates to take one out). I'm pretty sure it even slows down vicious AI by quite a while. Is there any way to either insure that these stations space at an equivalent rate or tone them down a little bit so there absence isn't such a big deal?

Besides this, excellent work so far, I thoroughly enjoy the mod. The music choice is also unique, but I like it.

Thanks!

July 20, 2010 6:55:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting loooseer,
Nice Pictures

Thanks!

also looks very cool.

Thanks!

- The advent resource focus technology is um interesting. I've noticed that it drastically increases the mineral output. I took a asteroid with 3 crystal extractors and with 3 trade centers on resource focus I was able to get up to 40 crystal/second. In fact, by mid game I was producing more crystals and ore/sec than money. Is this intentional? I've only played advent and remnants so far, but does each race have an equivalent to this?

- The above situation also makes the AI kinda a joke as I'm able to out resource and out build even, vicious AI's soon as I get resource focus. By midgame with 2 systems in the Sol map, I'm actually at the point where I can't spend money faster than I earn it.

Uhh, it's absolutely unintentional , i have mixed up number positions, there should be 5% per upgrade. Thanks for detecting!

- As for the early game, I've noticed that whether or not your starting system has a space station in one of the untaken planets. Those things can hold off quite a large fleet by themselves (took me 3 caps and a mixed fleet of nearly 3 dozen frigates to take one out). I'm pretty sure it even slows down vicious AI by quite a while. Is there any way to either insure that these stations space at an equivalent rate or tone them down a little bit so there absence isn't such a big deal?

The idea of Space Station is to bring more strategy in the process of colonization, and aspecially in multiplayer game.  They compel player hardly think over the pluses and minuses of  expansion, as i see it. So it can't be too weak.

Also, as I see, it's odd to go into deep space and form some communities without proper safety. Space Stations become the heart of such communities bringing defenced place of living for refugees and etc. For me, it feels dramatic when space station on its last legs tryes to oppose and continue being space refuge for the rejected , it brings ethics in deep neutral space. BTW Advent can tie it up to the Unity .

And returning to your post.... and appearance of space station in home systems, yeah, you absolutely right, i just missed it out! So in 2.01 version there won't be any space station in starting systems.

Besides this, excellent work so far, I thoroughly enjoy the mod. The music choice is also unique, but I like it.

Thanks!

Glad you like it! Thanks for comments, they were very useful! And BTW, what do you think about Remnants?

In 2.01 update all mentioned bugs will be fixed.

July 20, 2010 9:39:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I find, the music is not so good

July 21, 2010 12:11:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Remnants are pretty interesting. I definitely like their sentinel and cruiser abilities much better than the vanilla.They're actually useful, haha.

Cap ship's are a bit harder to judge, well, to be blunt, anything besides the whale isn't worth the money (not that this isn't true in vanilla). However in this case, it's simply that the drone spawning abilities are just too good. It's simply too easy to rapidly spawn ton's of drone's. Throw in a few heavy cruisers to tank, and you can easily take on a much larger fleet thanks to infinite drones from nanite seeds.

That ability alone, even with the huge CD makes these things far more useful than the other 2 caps (where's 4 and 5 btw? ^^)

You're gonna have to tweak balance on that ability I think. Perhaps fewer drones max, but shorter cooldown. ATM cooldown doesn't matter during a fight since you constantly get new ones made the the drones present to replace those that expire/die.

From what I gather, nanite drone infects ship, out come 1g drones which can only make certain number of 2g drones.  These infect ship again to get 2g drones, which repeat to get 3g drones. 3g drones can then infect ships to make more 3g drones, up till a max number.

Currently I've got 22 total 1g, 2g,3g droids from a single original nanite drone, and these guys replace themselves as fast as they die. Let me know if I got the mechanic behind this wrong. On the plus side, the ability doesn't seem to stack between multiple copies in the same gravity well, so at least it's not completely ridiculous^^

I'll play TEC tomorrow and see if any major bugs pop up.

July 22, 2010 12:43:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When my friends and I tried to hastily download this mod last night, we encountered a problem with the download. The error encountered is a File not found, of course followed by the file's suspected address. Fix please?

July 22, 2010 2:24:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting loooseer,
I find, the music is not so good

Then turn it off?

Looks like a great mod, but I to, get the file can't be found message when trying to download either file.

July 24, 2010 2:06:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This looks wickedly cool! Looking to download this in the next week and get some play time on it.

Very well put together! Looks like a true complete package!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000859   Page Render Time: