Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Serious Pact Issues

By on February 20, 2010 5:32:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SpardaSon21

Join Date 04/2008
+65

There are some huge problems with the pacts in Diplomacy.

Advent Beam Pact: Says it increases the damage of all beam weapons, but it applies the damage increase to Vasari Pulse Beams, not regular beams.

Vasari Armament Pact: Says it reduces the cooldown of all weapons, but it only benefits Wave weapons.

TEC Missile Pact: Just like Advent Beam Pact, it applies to the Vasari version of the weapon, granting the damage bonus to Vasari Phase Missiles.

Essentially this means there's no reason for Advent to make a Beam Pact with TEC, as nobody will benefit from it.  This also means the TEC won't benefit from Missile Pacts, and only Vasari benefit from the Armament Pact since they are the only ones with Wave weapons.

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 20, 2010 8:03:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We tested the pacts in beta and they worked fine. It's odd that you called out modifiers that are always the last in the file (flashbeam, wave, phase missile). Need to test again, but the files look fine:

Advent Beam Pact:

researchModifier
    modifierType "WeaponDamageAdjustment"
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.150000
    linkedWeaponClass "BEAM"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.150000
    linkedWeaponClass "FLASHBEAM"

Armament Pact:

researchModifier
    modifierType "WeaponRateOfFireAdjustment"
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "AUTOCANNON"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "BEAM"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "CHAOSBOLT"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "DART"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "FLASHBEAM"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "GAUSS"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "ION"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "LASERTECH"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "LASERPSI"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "MISSILE"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "PHASEMISSILE"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "PLANETBOMBARDMENT"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "PLASMA"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "PULSEGUN"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "SPIRITBLADE"
researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.200000
    linkedWeaponClass "WAVE"

TEC Missile pact:

researchModifier
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.150000
    linkedWeaponClass "MISSILE"
researchModifier
    modifierType "WeaponIgnoresShieldsAdjustment"
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.150000
    linkedWeaponClass "PHASEMISSILE"

February 20, 2010 8:11:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's odd, because it isn't showing up in the infocard for some ridiculous reason, leading me to believe it isn't being applied properly to the other races.  I can do a beam pact as Advent, hover over the pact, and see absolutely zero indication that the pact will benefit me in any way.

February 20, 2010 8:18:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm gonna go and try to test them again.

February 20, 2010 9:03:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, they work fine here. I started a game, teamed with a Vicious AI vs 8 Easy on a random huge multi-star, so there'd be enough time and I wouldn't get bothered.

My beam pact improved both my ships' beams and my Vasari ally's pulse beams, and his Armament pact improved both my cooldowns and his own. I confirmed by looking at ship infocards before and after accepting the pacts and numbers change appropriately. I'm gonna guess the TEC one would work also, but I haven't tested just it since these two are fine.

February 20, 2010 9:09:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay, that's good to hear.  Do the benefits show up in the infocard for you?  Does mousing-over the beam pact as Advent show an increase in damage for all beam-equipped ships?  I want to make sure its not just me.

February 20, 2010 9:46:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, hovering over the Beam Pact showed 0 > 15% bonus (I didn't do any research, so it started at 0). And hovering over Armament pact showed 0 > 20% increase.

February 20, 2010 10:00:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay, let me grab Harpo's tools and check out my pacts to see if something is wrong with them.

February 20, 2010 10:02:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually, it can't be with my copy of the pacts in my Diplomacy GameInfo folder, I was having this identical issue with the pacts in Distant Stars, which are presumably the same pacts that are in Diplomacy.

February 21, 2010 1:10:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I still don't get the beam pact.  Every other pact has a significant benefit for at least one other race, but the beam pact seems to only really benefit Advent.  Does it boost Visari bombing damage, or just the beams on their cap ships?

February 21, 2010 1:22:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, the Advent beam pact is supposed to affect TEC beams (which includes the Kol and Argonev beams), as well as Vasari pulse beams, which are on most of their capitals.

EDIT: Should I make a post in the Technical section?  It seems like I'm the only one with broken pacts.  Oddly enough it's only the weapon-enhancing pacts, everything else looks like it works fine.  Like Annatar said, it's all the weapons that show up last in the list.

February 21, 2010 1:34:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I get that part, but a boost to one cap ship and starbases is pretty small time compared to, say, the missile pact which benefits almost every Visari unit.

As for it not working, reinstalling Diplomacy seems like the fastest way to fix things rather than do more troubleshooting.

February 21, 2010 1:41:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Meh, I'll try that.  It's not like Diplomacy is that big anyways.

EDIT: I tried it.  Twice.  First time, it didn't work.  Second time, I removed all of my Diplomacy.user.<x> files from my settings directory in the hopes that that would fix it.  Didn't work.

March 2, 2010 9:50:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Beam pact doesn't upgrade "Beams".  It upgrades damage overall, helpful to any race not just Beam weapons. Every pact is capable of helping any other race, just hover over it and it will tell you what it does. Beams pact doesn't mean it only improves beams, that's just the name they gave it.

March 3, 2010 3:07:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting RevHumpjoy,
The Beam pact doesn't upgrade "Beams".  It upgrades damage overall, helpful to any race not just Beam weapons. Every pact is capable of helping any other race, just hover over it and it will tell you what it does. Beams pact doesn't mean it only improves beams, that's just the name they gave it.

What?  Did you not see the first reply showing what the beam pact data file says?  That's a severe bug if it's a 15% damage upgrade across the board.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: