Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Pirates/Rebels

A question, not a grief.

By on February 20, 2010 11:35:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sinperium

Join Date 02/2010
+213

I have a map with some isolated systems designed only to be reached by Vasari ships.  They connect to the greater map by one-way jump holes yet I keep getting pirate/rebel raids at these bases.

I thought pirates used only the phase lanes--what gives here?  There isn't even a wormhole or phaselane connect to these systems and this has happened numerous times.  On one map I watched them travel in open space (no lane) to a system--is that intentional?

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 20, 2010 11:55:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

By Rebels, you mean the attackers caused by TEC's Insurgency technology?  They're supposed to pop out of nowhere to attack any planet any enemy owns.

As to the pirates, I blame the advanced technology Ironclad gave them.  I'm sure there was more to it than overpowered weapons systems and advanced armor.

February 21, 2010 2:03:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ah--I didn't know about the rebels as I have played Advent and Vasari mostly.  That would be the attack out of nowhere but it fits quite well with my map design intent--very cool and thanks for the info.  It's a small force compared to a pirate raid.

The pirates came on a different map and definitely moved from at least one planet to two others off of phaselanes/wormholes.  In one case, I was able to move my ships halfway to another planet while pursuing them. 

So it looks like the rebels explain my recent incursion--the pirate raid came before the latest update so perhaps that has been corrected.  So I gues now I just want the rebels and I want them alive commander!

February 21, 2010 2:04:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*burp*...forum indigestion.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: