Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD] The Sins Optimization Project version 1.0 (updated 1/25/15)

Because all good things must come to an end.

By on March 15, 2010 8:56:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Major Stress

Join Date 05/2006
+160

It is difficult to explain the issues of Sins have without going into too much "technical detail" which some may not understand. The main problem is that Sins is an older generation 32 bit game. With a two gigabyte memory limit. This is nothing new. All 32 bit games have a 2 gig memory limit. However Sins is NOT like other 32 bit games. Most games have an ability to load their assets "on the fly", or only as needed. Some games can also unload assets that are not needed. This is how they prevent themselves from reaching the 2 gig limit. Some games have been patched to where they can use up to 4 gigs of ram on 64 bit systems.

Sins also can load only what is needed at game start up, but Sins does NOT unload what it does not use. Any assets that are loaded remain loaded throughout the entire game! If you use all three factions (Six in the case of Rebellion), Then Sins will load ALL of its game assets at start up. Entrenchment, and Diplomacy in some games loaded between 1.7 to 1.9 gigs worth of assets at game start up! Graphic settings, The size of the Map, and the amount of Players, or AI opponents also determine how much ram Sins will use in any given session.

In 2006 when Sins was first conceived 32 bit Windows XP was the standard OS of the time. Single core CPU's were also still the standard. Though dual core CPU's were starting to become mainstream, and 2 gigs was considered to be "plenty" of memory. So most game developers at the time didn't have to worry about hitting that dreaded 2 gig brick wall. As time went on Computers, and Sins itself evolved into their present state which is now Rebellion, and soon to be Windows 10 running in multiple core 64 bit systems. With 16+ gigs of ram. Things have changed so much over the years. However Sins still remained the 32 bit game as it was designed in 2006. That uses only a single core of your CPU. With a two gigabyte hard coded memory limit. Sins WILL CRASH when the game reaches that 2 gig limit.

There is some misunderstanding about the 2 gig crash issue. The dump happens when Sins reaches 2 gigs of Ram Usage. That means the ram that Sins uses by itself. NOT what your entire operating system, and/or other programs you are running combined uses. Only the ram that Sins uses. No matter how powerful your system is. If it is 32, or 64 bit, or if it is Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc. etc. Sins WILL CRASH when it hits its 2 gig ram limit. It is hard coded into the game.

Nobody was aware that this would be a major problem back when the game was first designed, because Sins was designed based on the hardware standards of 2006-2007. Before 64 bit OS's, Quad Core cpu's, and 4+ gig ram systems became the standard that they are now. There is nothing that can be done about it. Except to re-write Sins in 64 bit. Which is out of the question, because it is too cost prohibitive for the developers to do this (Ironclad said so themselves). Sins is a great game, and it is a shame that this is happening. With the Entrenchment, and Diplomacy expansions Ironclad had unintentionally pushed the game over its own hard coded limitations with all of the new added content.

Over the years as of the release of Diplomacy 1.3, and Rebellion. Stardock, and Ironclad did indeed fix all of the major game crashing issues of Sins. Using the fix's from This Project as a guide. However, NONE of these fix's ever made it into Entrenchment, or Original Sins! While the Stardock, and Ironclad developers have fixed most of these issues over years. They can not do anything to change the game itself short of reprogramming Sins over from scratch. The developers can do no more, but there is something that WE can do as modders to prevent Sins from hitting that dreaded 2 gig brick wall, and improve the performance of Sins "just a little bit more". I have taken the initiative, and applied to Sins what i have learned from my Homeworld Modding days. I present to you....

The goal of this project is to improve your Vanilla Sins gaming experience, and to eliminate the 2 gig crash issue. No changes will be made to Original Sins, or any of its Expansions in game play at all. No stat changes will be made. Nothing "new" will be added. There are other mods that can do that. Original Sins will remain Original Sins, and the Expansions will remain as they are. What we are doing is taking what game assets that Sins already has, and we are "optimizing" them to improve the performance, stability, and to moderate the ram usage in game. The side benefit will be that some lower end systems can enjoy almost the same gaming experience as the high end users do (Especially Laptop Users).

The project initially started out as an idea to reduce the texture sizes, and poly counts of some models. Not just arbitrary reductions. The goal was to maintain the quality of Sins in game. To make it look as if nothing has been changed at all.

We started with optimizations to the Planet's, and Skybox's, because they were the "worst offenders" as far as ram usage, and performance was concerned. Unfortunately my modeling skills left much to be desired in Softimage XSI at the time, and there were un-fixable mesh errors on the optimized planet meshes. Despite that the "proof of concept" was established. A lot of ram was saved, and there was a very noticeable increase in performance.

Then we studied the Particle files, and Textures. Many of the particle textures in our opinion were way too high in resolution for the purpose that they served. A reduction in texture resolution by HALF showed no visible difference in game at all! There were some exceptions where the particle resolution reduction difference was very noticeable in game, and those textures were reverted back to their original resolutions. Remember the goal was NOT to reduce in game quality. Also all of the particle textures were changed from TGA format to DDS format, because DDS uses a little less memory, and is much more efficient, because DDS format loads directly into video memory. The particles can also utilize the mip mapping features of DDS format. Where TGA format does not. Therefore enhancing in game video performance (increased FPS). As of version 0.07 no TGA format textures load in TSOP. With the exceptions of the Mouse Cursors, and Scenario Pictures. This is due to those textures being controlled by the hard coded exe. When you change the texture format those textures do not show up in game.

The developers mentioned something about a Memory Leak. I heard that a memory leak can be caused by a file searching for something over, and over again if it is not there. Example a mesh file calling for a texture that does not exist. Vanilla Sins had MANY particle, and mesh files that had that issue. We removed all of the entries that pointed to non existent textures in the mesh, and particle files. We also removed the entries that have lines like for example "C;\g\main\datasource\textures\effects\aura4.dds", and just used "aura4.dds". This will default the search to Sins, or the Mods "Textures" folder, and speed things up a bit. Also various typo's were corrected in some mesh, and particle files. Some ships had mesh nulls that were Miss-Labeled. For example the Akkan had nulls, and flairs that were miss-labeled. The engine trails, and flairs didnt show up in game. the Marza was missing its bomb nulls. etc. etc. All of this has been corrected as well. If there is a ships mesh file in the mods "Mesh" folder then it had something wrong with it that was fixed. The Soundata, and Galaxydef files had errors too. Regardless if any of these issues caused any memory leaks, or not these issues MUST be fixed! (and they were as of Diplomacy 1.3, but NOT for Original Sins, or Entrenchment).

After the Meshes, Particles, Textures, and the User Interface were optimized, and the very obvious issues were fixed there was a tremendous boost in game performance. Sins ram usage was greatly reduced. As of TSOP 0.07 I could run a game of Entrenchment, or Diplomacy ALL DAY, and I NEVER used more than 1.5 gigs of ram! This was using Maximum Settings. Including Bloom enabled. Tested on Huge Random Multi Star maps with 9 AI's. The 2 gig crash problem has been solved! Our primary goal with this project has been achieved! Without having to use any external memory increasing programs! Stardock, and Ironclad took notice, and they used TSOP as a guide in the Diplomacy 1.3 patch, and for developing Rebellion.

Now that the Stardock, and Ironclad have fixed the issues of the game as of Diplomacy 1.3, and Rebellion. TSOP has been focusing more on Original Sins, and Entrenchment. Since the Ironclad/Stardock fixes never made it into Original Sins, or Entrenchment. However, That is not stopping us from optimizing Diplomacy, or Rebellion "just a little bit more"

You can also use Large Address Aware to give Sins an extra gig to play with, but in vanilla Original Sins, and Entrenchment the Endless Search Loop issues that were never fixed will cause the game to eventually go over that extra gig (Run vanilla Entrenchment, and watch your ram usage keep going up, and up, and up). TSOP is a solution that will stop that issue.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Downloads

The Sins Optimization Project v1.0

For Original Sins 1.195

Sins Optimization Project 1.0 for Original Sins

For Entrenchment 1.055

Sins Optimization Project 1.0 for Entrenchment

For Diplomacy 1.37

Stardock, and Ironclad fixed all of the issues that compelled us to make TSOP. Therefore there is no TSOP for Diplomacy

For Rebellion 1.82

As with Diplomacy, Stardock, and Ironclad fixed all of the issues that TSOP pointed out, and then some in the case of Rebellion. Sins: Rebellion is as optimized as any Sins game is going to get.

The Sins Optimization Project for Rebellion

The Sins Optimization Project for Rebellion

NOTE: TSOP 0.07 is still hosted on ModDB, and it still works in the current versions of Trinity (OS, E, and D), but you will be playing as if Sins was patched to an older version of the game. Plus some Icons and Buttons wont be visible.

Changes in TSOP 1.0

TSOP 1.0 updated to the latest versions of Original Sins, and Entrenchment.

The User Interface is completely overhauled to use pure DDS format.

Trade Ships,  Strike Craft, Mines, and Constructor Unit Meshes, and Textures are Optimized.

Starbase Textures  are optimized mimicking the Stardock Rebellion Optimizations.

Sounds, and Music are optimized.

All TGA format Textures are replaced with DDS format, and TSOP "force" loads them. The only TGA textures that remain are the Mouse Cursers, and Scenario Pictures. This is due to hard code in the EXE.

"Strategic Texture Reductions" for the Particles return using newer methods to create a better looking texture.

(Original Sins, and Entrenchment)  Many Mesh Null issues, and various File Errors were corrected, and Unnecessary Text Entry's were removed in both the Mesh, and Particle files. Entry's pointing to Non Existent Textures in both the mesh, and particle files removed. See the various "Fixed Files" texts in the mods Read Me for details.

(Original Sins, and Entrenchment)  The Diplomacy 1.3  graphic fix's have been incorporated into the Original Sins, and Entrenchment versions of TSOP (Pipeline Effects, "White Line" error fix, and Corrected Mesh files).

TSOP 1.0 for Trinity will see the return of Optimized Planets using the planet meshes from Rebellion! but with our Optimized Original Sins Textures!

There will be no version of TSOP made for Diplomacy, or Rebellion, because there is no need for it. Only Original Sins, and Entrenchment need TSOP, because the 2 gig issue, and various other issues were never fixed in those two versions of the game.

This is the FINAL version of TSOP that i will make. If the community wants to take over the project they are more than welcome to.

Community input, and contributions are more than welcome, and they are encouraged! This is a Community Project! All can pitch in!

Note: TSOP does not fix the known issue of "Late Game Lag". It does help prolong the lag until further into the game in some cases, but sooner, or later the lag will happen. The late game lag issue is a CPU issue due to the fact that Sins (including Rebellion) is optimized to use only single core processors. Therefore Sins will use only one core in multi core CPU's. To help with the late game lag issue we recommend the following:

Playing on smaller maps.

Using fewer AI opponents.

Disabling the Trade Ship icons (this actually helps out a lot)

Stacking the icons in the empire tree (same as with disabling trade ship icons the less icons rendered the better).

Using a Strike Craft Reduction mod (The many strike craft in the game are a big CPU hog. There are some good strike craft mods that reduce the number, but maintain the balance. Search for them).

You do not need to download all versions of TSOP. You only need to download the version of TSOP for the specific version of Sins you wish to play. The Retail version of Trinity is just all three versions of Sins bundled into one package. Installation for Trinity versions of Sins are no different than if you purchased each version of Sins separately.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other mods are more than welcome to use TSOP. No questions asked! In fact we encourage it! Learn from it! Use it as guide, and an example! Merge it into your projects!

TSOP is intended to be a Stand Alone mod. Run with no other mods enabled. There are issues enabling TSOP with other mods. Enabling with other "Graphic Enhancement" mods is NOT recommended, because the graphic enhancement mod will defeat the entire purpose of TSOP. All of our optimized files will be overridden by that enhancement mods "enhanced" files. Increasing your ram usage instead of decreasing it. Some enhancement mods like Distant Stars are incorporating elements of TSOP into their future updates.

Read the included READ ME text's for installation instructions.

1134 Replies +10
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 29, 2012 4:13:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do the downloads for Entrenchment still exist?  None of the download links seem to work, all give 404 errors on dropbox.  Is there a mirror download address?

(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37391522/Sins%20Optimization%20Project%200.08%20OS.rar)

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

August 29, 2012 7:11:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

here is a link to my dropbox copy of tsop .8E

and a link to my dropbox copy of tsop.8 OS

harpo

January 1, 2015 7:55:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, I am necro-ing my own topic..

I am doing so to ask a simple question... How many of us still play Trinity? More specifically Entrenchment, and Original Sins?

It is no big secret that Rebellion has made Trinity pretty much obsolete. Rebellion has also made TSOP obsolete, because the majority of issues we found in Trinity were fixed, and optimized by Stardock in Rebellion.

However. that doesn't stop me from taking trips down memory lane, and i fire up Original Sins, or Entrenchment for old time sakes. There are some things i do like about Trinity that Rebellion has changed. The Graphics of Rebellion are good, but i still like the old school style of Original Sins (yes i know i can just disable shadows in rebellion to get the same effect). Sometimes i just like to play games with No Starbases, or Mines.

Where i am going with this is to see if updating TSOP for Trinity one last time would be worth the effort. TBH it wouldn't be much effort. Just need to go over the last versions updates for Trinity, and incorporate the changes. The current version work fine, but it may not have all of the changes. So you could be playing with original sins 1.91 updates instead of 1.93.

Just checking the waters to see what you think.

January 4, 2015 2:19:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Since frequent STEAM sales for Rebellion regularly gorge the player base for a brief time, I'm not sure there are many Trinity "purists" left out there.

January 4, 2015 2:40:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Understandable. Since Rebellion, and the DLC's are the most current version of Sins, It is pretty damn good, and it no longer needs TSOP.

People would play Trinity more for nostalgia sake. Like i do. You can't disable Titans, Starbases, Mines, or Platform Upgrades in Rebellion. But you can play Original Sins which has none of that, or Entrenchment which has no Titans. Diplomacy is not really that much different from Entrenchment IMO. Though i still play it too.

However i think you're right. There are no Trinity "purist" left.

January 5, 2015 12:54:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is there anything in TSOP, that Rebellion hasn't already adopted, that'd be worth taking a pass at the mod for?

January 5, 2015 6:32:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The version i made when Rebellion first came out pretty much focused only on the textures. There really wasn't much else wrong with Rebellion at the time except for the bad advent rebel titan mesh. Which got fixed. Stardock was really on top of things, and didn't let much get through as far as errors, and what little that did get through was fixed by the time the DLC's were released.

Overall the textures in Rebellion are as optimized as they can get. There are some textures in Rebellion that i questioned "why?" like the titans ring effect which takes 5 (Yes, FIVE) 1024 res TGA textures to pull off, but they do not really impact the game that much, because you can only have 1 titan on the map. Though i didn't try testing 10 advent loyalist factions yet. I figured sins wouldn't load the textures from the other factions. So you couldn't really test it. I found out that if you don't use a faction in Sins then Sins wont load the textures for that faction. When i test i use every faction to make sure everything is loaded. In the TSOP i made for rebellion i did reduce those ridiculously large textures to 512. However the detail loss did SHOW in game, but i figured the benefit was worth the detail loss.

Converting all of the TGA textures to DDS in Rebellion helped a little bit, but unlike in Trinity Stardock already reduced the resolutions of a great deal of textures (The Ship -cl textures mainly). They fixed the massive texture waste of the planets as well. I considered porting the Rebellion planet meshes over to TSOP Trinity. So the only true benefit of converting to DDS was to mip map the particles. That only helps with video performance. The benefit of ram gained was not very much. Though ram usage did decrease a little.

The reason i never made another TSOP for rebellion was that so far Untouched Vanilla Rebellion with DLC's doesn't go much over 1.7 gigs of ram, and stays there on any game i played with max settings, biggest map, and 9 vicious AI's. Late game lag is another story, but TBH we have tried everything we could think of in TSOP with that issue, and nothing really worked. We can prolong the lag, but we can't stop it altogether. It is the way sins is coded, and there isn't much we can do about that. AFAIK all of the other issues that compelled us to make TSOP are now fixed in Rebellion.

TBH i never looked at the DLC files. I figured there was no need to. If there are any problems now the DLC files are more than likely were we would find them.

Is it worth a shot? Sure it is, but i don't expect to see much benefit. Who knows though we could be pleasantly surprised.

January 5, 2015 2:02:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What about audio?

January 9, 2015 2:15:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Audio has been taken care of. MyFist0 optimized the sounds and music.

Looking back on the files i found an issue in TSOP for original sins. We fixed the SoundEffects.sounddata file by adding a few missing sounds (they are in the game and some units call for the sounds, but it was not in the sound data file), and corrected the names of some others.... However those fix's didn't make it into the last release! It had a vanilla sound effects file. Don't ask how that happened, but its an easy fix.

Grab the soundeffects.sounddata file from the Original Sins reference files. Then add these entrys

effect
     name "UI_COMMON_CANNONBUILT" (Completely missing entry. Added to sound data)
     fileName "Common_CannonBuilt.ogg"
     type "Effect"
     is3D FALSE
     priority 255
     threshold 0.000000
     minAttenuationDist 0.000000
     maxNumPlayingSimultaneously 1
     isLooping FALSE
     isResident FALSE
     minRespawnTime 0.1
     fadeInTime 0.0
     fadeOutTime 0.0
     alternateGroup ""

effect
     name "EFFECT_PhaseCloak"
     fileName "Effect_PhaseOutHull.ogg"
     type "Effect"
     is3D TRUE
     priority 5
     threshold 40000.000000
     minAttenuationDist 2000.000000
     maxNumPlayingSimultaneously 3
     isLooping FALSE
     isResident FALSE
     minRespawnTime 0.1
     fadeInTime 0.0
     fadeOutTime 0.0
     alternateGroup ""
 effect
     name "WEAPON_PHASECAPITALWAVEMEDIUM_MUZZLE_ALT1"
     fileName "Weapon_PhaseCapitalWaveMedium_Muzzle_Alt1.ogg"
     type "Effect"
     is3D TRUE
     priority 5
     threshold 23000.000000
     minAttenuationDist 800.000000
     maxNumPlayingSimultaneously 5
     isLooping FALSE
     isResident TRUE
     minRespawnTime 0.1
     fadeInTime 0.0
     fadeOutTime 0.0
     alternateGroup ""

Do not forget to change the number of effects line at the top of the file from 280 to 283.

Now i am going through everything to see what else we forgot, or screwed up! I guess you figured out that i am working on updating all this

January 11, 2015 4:39:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So the textures and particles components are fairly pointless for the most recent versions of Rebellion, but the audio is still relevant?

January 11, 2015 8:01:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting XATHOS,

So the textures and particles components are fairly pointless for the most recent versions of Rebellion, but the audio is still relevant?

As ogg, they are already optimized and use a hell of a lot less ram than a wav file. Not all the music is loaded into ram, which is why you can use the flack music DLC with little difference.

January 12, 2015 2:20:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just got done updating TSOP for Original Sins (just got 3 more expansions to go).

All of 0.08 is scrapped, and i built TSOP off the 0.07 release. TSOP 1.0 will have all of the previous file, mesh, entity, and sound fix's, and the optimized meshes/textures of 0.07. All updated to 1.195 (no more dev.exe errors). Plus a return of the Optimized Planets! Using the planet meshes from Rebellion, but using the optimized original sins planet textures (i could have used the rebellion textures, but i wanted to keep trinity as it is). Pole pinch is still there, but not near as bad as before (Thanks to Stardock!). Rebellion planets have pole pinch too. So i can live with it.

Right now TSOP in original sins wont let the game run over 1.2 gigs of ram on max settings, biggest maps, 9 unfair ai's, multiple factions. I just wish the particle hard limit was higher, because in late game they have a bad habit of disappearing.

Quoting XATHOS,

Not really pointless. If i used the optimized textures of TSOP Trinity to replace the Rebellion equivalents, and nerfed some of the ridiculous resolution titan particle effects texture sizes. Then a huge chunk of ram would be saved. Enough to revert the Rebellion ship textures back to Trinity resolutions. So it would be kind of a give, and take with Rebellion. Shiny particles, or Pretty ships. Perhaps both if i pull it off right. That is something i need to experiment with.

I am just disturbed right now with my POS laptop, and adobe photoshop not converting tga to dds without them looking absolutely horrible. No matter what settings i use in the dds plugin. Production, Fastest, dxt5, dxt3, error correction, no error correction... No answers online. I am at a loss.

January 15, 2015 3:08:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

I am just disturbed right now with my POS laptop, and adobe photoshop not converting tga to dds without them looking absolutely horrible. No matter what settings i use in the dds plugin. Production, Fastest, dxt5, dxt3, error correction, no error correction... No answers online. I am at a loss.

I haven't done this for awhile, but I usually use GIMP for any image processing (including image formatting).  Maybe, their protocol is better?

January 16, 2015 8:29:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

I have the same problem and have gone to using Gimp just to save any tga

January 16, 2015 10:48:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I use Gimp to edit the TGA then use AMD's TheCompressonator to convert to DDS. It also allows me to modify a bunch of TGA's and batch convert them in one shot.

January 16, 2015 11:20:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

How bad is the detail loss, and compression artifacts using that method?

My mistake with the prior versions of TSOP was that i used the "default" settings with no error correction when i converted the TGA textures to dxt5. When i should have used "production" quality settings in the photoshop plugin. However now i dont know if its the plugin that is messing up, or its just my crappy laptop. I get MAJOR artifacts on any setting i use now. Especially in the alpha channels. The texture looks like an 8 bit nintendo graphic when its done.

January 16, 2015 8:45:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I found that photoshop does the best, but it is still never going to be good. I would recommend what I did with SOA2, pick your battles, convert tgas only if you really need the ram space. Never convert a lot of the partially transparent effects like smoke and explosions, that really looks terrible. 

January 16, 2015 11:39:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

How bad is the detail loss, and compression artifacts using that method?

My mistake with the prior versions of TSOP was that i used the "default" settings with no error correction when i converted the TGA textures to dxt5. When i should have used "production" quality settings in the photoshop plugin. However now i dont know if its the plugin that is messing up, or its just my crappy laptop. I get MAJOR artifacts on any setting i use now. Especially in the alpha channels. The texture looks like an 8 bit nintendo graphic when its done.

I was getting a lot of artifacts with Gimp and the nvidia dds plugin. I don't notice any with AMD compressonator. With AMD Compressonator you can also view a diff from the original TGA to the DDS to see what was lost in the compression. I'm actually converting all my textures and UI to dds with that tool at this time.

January 17, 2015 10:49:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I will have to give it another shot.

January 17, 2015 6:44:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks ill give it a try too.. Photoshop plugin is pissing me off to no end.

EDIT: THANK YOU!! The compressionator works like a charm! I optimize an original TGA texture (the strategic reduction), and save it in loss less TGA format first. Then i convert it to dxt5 with compressionator making only 4 mip levels, and the results look BETTER than the original optimized textures from TSOP 0.07. Less artifacts, and a far better looking texture. TSOP is back in business

January 25, 2015 11:16:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Bump for release of Original Sins, and Entrenchment TSOP v1.0

March 24, 2015 9:38:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stress, do you have any rough outline when you will add the diplomacy or rebellion links? Or can we just use the entrenchment version for all addons?

March 25, 2015 3:08:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am still working on the Diplomacy, and Rebellion versions. It is taking longer than i thought it would.

The Original Sins, and Entrenchment versions only work for Original Sins, and Entrenchment. However those are the two versions of Sins that needed TSOP the most. Since the Diplomacy fix's never made it into those two versions. You cant use the OS, or E versions for diplomacy or rebellion. You will get a warp speed trip back to your desktop.

I have no release date, but be patient. I am working on it.

March 27, 2015 7:38:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank so you much, Stress. It's very appreciated.

May 16, 2015 11:33:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Any news/updates about this, Major?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time: