Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[reference files] sins 1.193 , entrenchment 1.053 & diplomacy 1.34 rebellion 1.8 now( with the stop game 1.37 trinity refs now

the latest version reference files from harpo for sins 1.193, entrenchment 1.053 AND diplomacy 1.34 ( and now the released rebellion 1.8 and stopgame diplomacy 1.37)

By on March 17, 2010 5:15:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

harpo99999

Join Date 02/2008
+405

i got tired of seeing requests for copies of the latest version reference files, even with my textbin gui in the field.

so here is the latest version references

sins 1.191                     dropbox mirror

entrenchment 1.051

diplomacy 1.011

diplomacy 1.2

diplomacy 1.21

diplomacy 1.3

diplomacy 1.31 dropbox and filefactory

diplomacy  1.32 filefactory

sins of a solar empire 1.92, entrenchment 1.052(note still uses the entrenchment 1.05 mod folder), and diplomacy1.33

and now the

sins of a solar empire 1.193, entrenchment 1.053 and diplomacy 1.34 ref sets all are on filefactory the three sets are 21 mb

the rebellion release 1.01 refernce file set is 48mb and is in my dropbox

and the rebellion 1.02 ref set (27mb) in my dropbox  deleted to make some space in the drop box

and the rebellion 1.03 ref set 27mb in my drop box deleted to mak space in drop box for 1.04

and now the rebellion 1.031 ref set (26mb in dropbox) deleted to make space in my dropbox

and now the rebellion 1.04 ref files (36,182 kb in dropbox) deleted to make space in my dropbox

and rebellion 1.041 ref files (41,805 kb in my dropbox)

and rebellion 1.1 ref files (41,507kb in my dropbox as a rar) and now a set of rebellion 1.1 refs in wincustomize (52,327kb in a zip) link corrected warning these filesa re missing the window folder and the brushes, a replacement is approved at wincustomise (http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/158/download)

and the rebellion 1.5 ref files (dropbox (36.12mb rar with error correction and best compression)) and (wincustomise (47.411mb zip still uploading))

and rebellion 1.51 refs are in wincustomise (http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/176/download) and my dropbox(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/current%20sins%20ref%20sets/sins%20of%20a%20solar%20empire%20rebellion%201.51.rar)

and here are the gamestop sourced 1.35 trinity updated refs diplomacy, entrenchment, and original/vanilla all hosted at wincustomise

the gamestop diplomacy 1.37 refs have been uploaded to wincustomise, and are just waiting for authoriseation the link will be authorised (http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/157/download)

All the sounds,movies,textures and exe's other than the convertdata's have been removed, and all files have been converted to text mode by the latest version of my textbin gui.

harpo

and just for those whining bastards here is a link to  the dropbox for rubbleiron 1.52 hotfix refs dropbox (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/current%20sins%20ref%20sets/sins%20of%20a%20solar%20empire%20rebellion%201.52.rar),

and wincustomise (http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/177/download)

uploaded the 1.79 first beta ref files to wincustomise at (http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/178/)

and my dropbox (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/current%20sins%20ref%20sets/sins%20of%20a%20solar%20empire%20rebellion%201.79a.rar)

the wincustomise is a ZIP archive and the dropbox is a RAR archive with solid and recovery records.

and here is the wincustomize set of 1.80 ref files

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/179/download

and a dropbox copy of the rebellion 1.83 refs at

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8023186/current%20sins%20ref%20sets/sins%20of%20a%20solar%20empire%20rebellion%20%20v1.83.rar

Pinned Post 204 Replies +10 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
HassanRuediger
ZanyPilot
Borogwain
PeTTs0n
DracoRedux
DracoRedux
tobz1000
BenSully
BenSully
worldstrider
November 13, 2013 2:20:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I always put the latest at the bottom, just did not put the version in the text, BUT forgot to set it as a link, am correcting now.

harpo

December 6, 2013 12:24:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

where is the current set ??

December 6, 2013 3:06:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

jtaylorpcs, I have altered the OP so you can see the version number for the ref files,

harpo

December 21, 2013 9:58:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Harpo,

Not sure if this is indicative of a problem with the reference files you hosted for Rebellion 1.8, or of a larger issue, but I'm getting minidumps on use of the entity.manifest file from your ref files.

To give further details, it only occurs upon a ship entering the grav well of a neutron star (and only that star).  I have been able to isolate the issue down to the entity.manifest file by creating a dummy mod that contained only that one file (even tried it in an unaltered state from the zip file) and minidump still occurs.  Even tried redownloading the zip file in case mine got corrupted somehow.

Are there instructions around here somewhere on how to convert the game files from bin -> txt ourselves, that way I can try further testing?

December 22, 2013 3:38:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting furyofthestars,
Are there instructions around here somewhere on how to convert the game files from bin -> txt ourselves, that way I can try further testing?

Use harpo's textbin gui.  the GUI has instructions on it when you run it.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b254eg4/n/harpo_sins_textbin1.19.12.rar

December 22, 2013 11:31:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks, although that one doesn't appear to be updated for Rebellion.  It did, however, help point me on the right track, but, I feel a little stupid, now.  Didn't realize the entity.manifest file was already in plain text....

Harpo, I think there is a problem with your entity.manifest file included in the download marked as being for rebellion 1.8.  The one you have there has 1758 entries.  The one in my default game directory has 1761.

Just tested with that file and it works, now.

The three entries different:

entityName "BuffDestabilizeHyperspaceSelfNeutronStar.entity"
entityName "BuffDestabilizeHyperspaceTargetNeutronStar.entity"
entityName "BuffDestabilizeHyperspaceTargetProtectedNeutronStar.entity"

December 22, 2013 3:36:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

all the files in the ref sets are from my game installatation,

(1) as I update the game,

(2)then COPY the entire installed game folder structure and all files to a NEW folder in my ref files area,

(3)then copy the convertdata.exe's from the new folder in the ref files to the folder containing the textbin gui,

(4)rename the copied convertdata's to include the version number and run the textbin gui converting the new ref files folder,

(5) I then archive the entire converted folder set and

(6)then delete the movies, textures, sounds,galaxy, exe's & dll's other than those needed for the convertdata's.

furyofthestars, it looks like the stelar phenomona pack might be the point of issue. I thought that I had purchased the dlc, but might not have

harpo

January 11, 2014 8:32:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Harpo, are you going to release the reference files for the Rebellion 1.82 beta, or are you going to wait until 1.82 is released proper?

January 11, 2014 3:40:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can do either, but do not have the spare time to prepare and upload the files at present, so will hold off till the official non beta release

harpo

January 18, 2014 12:14:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi, I just started to get into modding, and wanted to make a simple mod that removed mines/super weapons and anti structure cruisers since the AI spams them making defense with a starbase essentially pointless since a fully upgraded one dies in 10 seconds to a swarm of orgrevs. Mines are worse, since each planet you take requires spending 30 min microing a frigate to kill the mines one at a time because if there is more than one ship in the immediate area they like to spread out and run into the mines...

Anyways, if I remove the research and build options for the minelayer cruiser, and superweapon from the Vasari factions the game runs fine. However if I attempt to change anything for the Advent or TEC the game will minidump at the 2nd pirate raid (if pirates are turned off it crashes at the same time the pirate raid would happen 30 min)

I should also add, then even if the advent or TEC are not in a game, once I alter anything in their files the game will crash. 

If anyone might have an idea/knows what causes this an answer would be most appreciated because I can't figure out why changing the player factions has an effect on the pirate faction, even if they are not enabled.

I only have the GameInfo folder in the mod folder an have tried the following configurations in regular and devmode with the same results.

All GameInfo files

Only Edited GameInfo files

All Reference files

The only files I have tried to edit so far are the following with the removed lines

PlayerPhaseLoyalist and PlayerPhaseRebel

planetModuleInfo

entityDefName "PLANETMODULE_PHASEORBITALCANNON"

frigateInfo

entityDefName "FrigatePhaseMineLayer"

researchInfo

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_ABILITYACCESS_DEPLOYSPACEMINEPHASEGRAVITY"

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_FRIGATEACCESS_MINELAYERPHASE"

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETMODULEACCESS_CANNONPHASE"

PlayerPsiLoyalist and PlayerPsiRebel (causes crash at 2nd pirate raid)

planetModuleInfo

entityDefName "PLANETMODULE_PSIORBITALCANNON"

frigateInfo

entityDefName "FrigatePsiAntiModule"

researchInfo

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_FRIGATEACCESS_ANTIMODULEPSI"

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETMODULEACCESS_CANNONPSI"

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_SQUADACCESS_MINELAYER"

PlayerTechLoyalist and PlayerTechRebel

planetModuleInfo

entityDefName "PLANETMODULE_TECHDEEPSPACEMINE"

entityDefName "PLANETMODULE_TECHORBITALCANNON_LOYALIST"

frigateInfo

entityDefName "FrigateTechAntiModule"

researchInfo

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_FRIGATEACCESS_ANTIMODULETECH"

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETMODULEACCESS_CANNONTECH_LOYALIST" (and Rebel variant)

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_PLANETMODULEACCESS_SPACEMINESTECH"

entityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_NOVALITH_DEREGULATION" 

January 18, 2014 6:24:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

kremblin89, I am NOT the best person to attempt to answer, but the best location to post the question/issue would be in the 'get an answer' thread (http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/407617)

but for disabling the mines, editing the planet/sun entities and zeroing the mines line(maxSpaceMineCountPerPlayer 150),

and the simplest means for disabling the superweapons is in the gameplay.constants file line that reads

cannonGravityWellRatioDenominator 4

line and just MASIVELY increase this number eg 200, then the ai AND player can not build a single superweapon untill they have 200 planets.

hope this helps

harpo

January 18, 2014 9:48:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you for the reply, I will check the other thread you suggested.

January 20, 2014 2:11:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kremblin89,
*snip*

Ah, someone else trying the exact same thing! While it probably is possible, as harpo says, to reduce the maximum allowed number of mines per gravity well, I've done (for several set of patches) basic mods removing all mine-related research, ships and abilities. (Got them made for Rebellion 1.0X, 1.1 and 1.5 - haven't got around to doing a version for 1.8 yet.)

Sadly, I've only really done them for my own fun (I have asked a few times in the forums for others on the same track, never really got a good response, and I also asked the devs to introduce an in-game toggle for mines as they're just a 200% nuisance - to no avail), and thus they aren't one bit optimized (I just get/extract the plain text format files, edit/delete what's needed and run it in that state) or even file-checked. (Last mod folder was about 350MB, I just never bothered to clean it up.)

It was quite a while since I did the last version, but there are a few tips when modding (this is for mines specifically, but some things apply to other things as well) that'll probably help you;

(For starters, I'd recommend getting a good text editor, I use Notepad++ myself, but it's personal preference.)
1) Make sure the number of lines in a section is always correct - if you remove a line, make sure the number at the top of the section corresponds to the actual number! I've had a few minidumps due to this.

2) Make sure you go through any and all lines that has got to do with mines, make sure they're removed properly (don't forget to set corresponding costs to 0 or "" if it's a squadron or ability - while you can remove ship references entirely, squadrons and abilities should be set blank instead) and all references to them checked. (It's easy to forget a reference to something somewhere else - make sure you remove the mines from the pirates' base starting configuration template, for example.)

3) One thing I've forgot more than once is that the Advent has got a minelayer *squadron* - which means the data is located at different places than for a dedicated cruiser. (I.e. you need to check carriers and hangar defenses as well - Starbases don't have the ability to deploy mines that way though.)

4) If you're having problem with anti-structure ships, you could do an alternative solution (I opted for this, as it's simply easier than removing a ship entirely), nerf it - I chose to reduce the damage and range of the anti-structure crafts, to make longer range defenses, such as starbases, be able to effectively hit them. This also retains some of their [the structure-busters] purpose, while still not making them structure steamrollers (i.e. they can chew structures up without having to worry about basically anything - with some anti-fighter coverage they're unbeatable if you don't have a fleet stationed there) to 100%.

I also nerfed the diplomacy frigate, as the invulnerability is a bit too OP (tried both reducing duration and removing it), as the ship basically turns into an invulnerable scout with that.

Due to the size of the mod (doing the latest version now, converting only the files needed this time, reducing the size to a few MB ), and as I don't have an updated version, I can't really send the stuff I've done - but I hope the tips help out!

April 4, 2014 6:52:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not really sure, but i seem to be having constant crash problems with the converter-------------------edit, i've tried moving them into the game dir.. assuming its not going to explode the folder, its moving along nicely, but it suddenly stop working, even though its working, as soon as it hits anything regarding a planet... not sure why though.

April 4, 2014 7:41:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sounds like an issue with the convertdataEXPANASION.exe being for a different version of the expansion and the folder that contains the folders to convert does not have the EXPANSION and version in it's name,

I also get this issue upon updates to the game and I forget to copy the expansion AND version info and copy the current convertdata's to the folder for the gui and add the version number to the name of the convertdata's in the gui folder,

a quick outline of HOW the gui chooses the convertdata to use for the conversion and the gui first checks for the needed expansion and version number (eg ConvertDataEntrnechmentv1.51.exe) (it finds out WHAT expansion & version number to look for from the folder names in the path to the folder to convert (eg the mods folder(s) path)) then if it can not find the needed expansion and version number it then drops the version number and uses the expansion and looks in the game's install folder (assumes that it is for the current version (note the sequence for the gui to check which of the convertdata's to use it check for rebellion, then check for diplomacy,then check for entrenchment then assume it must be a vanilla sins of a solar empire.

BUT the vanilla convertdata does NOT understand the entrenchment,diplomacy & rebellion codes/text/structures,

just as the entrenchment convertdata does not understand the diplomacy/rebellion codes/text/structures

and

the diplomacy convertdata does not understand the rebellion codes/text/structures

and the rebellion convertdata can not convert the vanilla or entrenchmnet or diplomacy codes

and these issues ARE the reason I usually supply all the convertdata's WITH the version numbers in the file names so that the files CAN be converted if the program can figure out which convertdata to use.

harpo

November 27, 2014 5:51:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay, not to seem like an idiot here... but I have SoaSE Vanilla v1.19.071, SoaSE: Diplomacy v1.00.054, and Entrenchment 1.00.040, and have been trying to update the game so I cam play through Diplomacy without getting a crash dump everytime I either start it up, or get 1-5 minutes in before it crash dumps.

Do I just unzip the files directly into the install directory? Or am I doing something wrong here... because I've tried updating Diplomacy to 1.34, Entrenchment to 1.053 and vanilla to 1.193... and still get crash dumps.

November 27, 2014 5:03:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the reference files are for MODDERS or those wanting to create a MOD as they are text converted copies of the entitiy files from the game.

the only ways to update are

1 download the latest full version files from thee stardock store and install

2 (if steam registered and purchased) update with steam

3 (if NOT steam registers/purchased) the gamestop impulse downloader.

there are several causes of dumps most likely to least likely,

1 errors in mod files

2 mod files for a different expansion/version

3 setting the detail settings to high so that sins runs out of it's 2gb workspace (and can even happen on large maps(100 or more planets/stars)

4 errors in drivers (often the latest version of video/sound drivers can help this one)

5 malware/virii (uninstall ALL toolbars and other unwanted junk software especially those that have several parts that start each boot (this also helps the overall computer performance by minimising thenumber of programs loading during boot AND running in the background so that there is more time available for the programs YOU want to use))

6 marginal ram (unfortunately the only way to fix this is to REPLACE the RAM sticks)

7 motherboard unreliability (another unfortunate fix ie REPLACE the motherboard)

8 video card unreliabilty (again anotherunfortunate fix ie replace the video card)

9 power supply marginal (the game puts high loads on the cpu and video cards so draws more power from the power supply)(and another unfortunate fix ie replace the power supply with a higher capacity one

hope this advice helps

harpo the NON-subscriber

May 28, 2015 5:49:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey, I just want to bring this to people's attention (and yes this also applies to the actual files provided by the game install as confirmed by my disc install of vanilla Sins as well as the files being provided in this post, so you know):

There are apparently a few broken .mesh files to take note of in case people are planning on converting the base game ships and structures from one format to another (doubtful, but still worthy of note)

I have a short list of those files that I've found so far after actually trying to convert them, grabbed from my actual game install directory:

• CapitalShip_PsiColony.mesh (Progenitor Mothership)
  • Frigate_TechScout.mesh (Arcova Scout Frigate)
  • SupportShip_TechFighter.mesh (TEC Fighter)
  • PlanetModule_TechOrbitalCannon.mesh (Novalith Cannon)
  • PlanetModule_TechOrbitalMarket.mesh (TEC Trade Port)

There's also one called "PlanetModule_TechHyperspaceDetector.mesh" that's having issues, but after reading the manual I'm not sure what this particular mesh could be in-game.

The odd thing about this is that the meshes all work fine in-game, so it's only in this particular context of editing them.

I do also want to point out that I did update my game to the latest version, so I wonder if there's a bug here?

Is there a way to fix this manually or do I have to wait for one?

May 28, 2015 6:15:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

from memory, the ship and fighter meshes have all failed to convert for me over the years since I started working on my text/bin utility, but I do not remember the planet modules giving any errors, BUT these meshes failing to conver BACK to text suggests tere is a NON-lineararity in the convertdata exe's bin/text conversion routines.

harpo, the ghost NON-subscriber

May 28, 2015 6:32:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay noted, I was talking merely in terms of a simple conversion from one 3D object format to another, but I can assume this would mean issues with the text-bin software as well. It's still odd though - so there isn't a way of obtaining a working file for those, I'm guessing?

May 29, 2015 5:26:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

battlelust_theta, which expansion/version of the meshes are you after?, I have just checked my personal master set of reference files of both vanilla and rebellion (on the CapitalShip_PSIColony.mesh(also checked the entire list of vanilla meshes that you listed and all had converted to text ) and both had converted to text orginally

as far as importing the meshes to other programs, I have no experience, but Myfist0 would be the best to contact regarding that as 'he' has already done most if not all into .obj

Harpo, the ghost NON-subscriber

May 31, 2015 7:02:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The latest version of the vanilla game, and I'm not concerned about converting the meshes, but rather I may have found an issue in regards to some of the mesh files even in the actual disc install. Some of those in particular aren't even being recognized by my copy of the 3D Object Converter, and this is straight from the install directory of my game - it throws me this message: "Unrecognized or unsupported file type! (or no valid object found!) It's very strange.

The good news is that in-game they work fine, but it's a shame that I can't use them for something like this. Now I'm not trying to waste your time with this, I'm just hoping I'm not the only one that's encountering this kind of thing, and you even said so yourself that you've had trouble with some meshes in the past. It's just... odd. lol

June 1, 2015 4:16:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

battlelust_theta, I think in the modding area of the forum there is a post by myfist0 that has the modding instructions and resources (including ships converted (from memory) to obj files and in a zip file), it might even be among the STICKIED threads at the top of the MODDING page but it was DEFINITELY by Myfist0.

from what I remember from MAAANY EARS AGOO the mesh files needed an importing script for one of the bigger editng programs to even be able to load the files to alter them graphically, and again from whatI vaigly remember 3d object converter was one of the tools that did NOT work for the mesh files.

Harpo, the ghost NON-subscriber

December 19, 2015 2:42:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

currently uploaded the rebelion 1.83 refs to my dropbox, updated the op

harpo, the ghost NON-subscriber

January 1, 2016 8:10:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey can you upload the files again?it's all dead I don't understand it,why don't you use a torrent file instead of those S*ty file host website??

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000610   Page Render Time: