Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD] Alliance, hidden agenda's. (For "Diplomacy" 1.011)

A small, simple mod that adds 3 new Capitals

By on April 8, 2010 9:32:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SZ0

Join Date 05/2008
+38

ALLIANCE, HIDDEN AGENDA’S 

A small, simple mod designed for “Diplomacy” expansion.

The mod adds 3 new capital ships to the game that are accessed through diplomatic research, 1 for each race. Each ship has 2 new abilities.

The aim of the mod is to just add to Sins a little without taking away the Sins aspects that make it a great game.

CapitalShips added;

capitals details

New abilities added;

abilities details

Research added;

reasearch details

Screen shot;

Kosovza-Tech

Talak Destructor- Vasari

Tulis-Advent

Known issues;

This mod doesn't work with "Distant Stars", "Stars" - unfortunately.

Unknown issues;

I don't know yet. All I know is that it definitely works on my computer, which is about 4 years old. I have only been modding for about a year and this is the first mod I have ever released.

Hopefully some one may enjoy it;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzdqmz5w1oa/Alliance, Hidden Agenda's 1.00.zip

Patch;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/imglnjm2azw/A,HA patch.zip

Change Log;
- Fixed starbase constructors, anti module frigates & Vasari Mine layer MainViewIcons.
- Fixed typo on Deploy Antimodule turret.
- Telekinetic Push Plus re-named and buffed to show push effect on frigates better. Also fixed Auto cast so it only fires in battle, range reduced Level:1 from 5200 to 4600, Level:2 from 6200 to 5000.
- Plasma Torpedos now has auto cast on default.
- Re-done textures on Kosovza beams. If anybody would still like the green one's their texture's are still their, you will just need to change them back in the Kosovza's entity file.
- Re-done textures on Talak Distructor to better match Vasari.
- Re-done texture on Kosovza build button to better match others.

To install, just extract striaght into "Alliance, Hidden Agenda's" mod folder.

Patched text version;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bdmmwazj2nk/Alliance, Hidden Agenda's 1.00txt.zip

Latest and most Up to date Version 1.01 (bin)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jhobi0ddozt/Alliance, Hidden Agenda's 1.01.zip

1.01 Change log.
-Button textures re-done.Tech SB's weapon upgrade button no longer shows pictures of frigates when pressed.
-Distructor beam now fires from both weapons at once instead of sporadically from 1 or the other
- Vasari Anti module turret is now able to move slowly, max.amount deployed reduced from 3 to 2, so capitals that deploy them are not so impeded by them. Also the cool-down time increased to level 0;90 from 20
                                                                                                      level 1;85         20
                                                                                                      level 2;80         20

Also; Thanks are to be given to "harpo 99999",  "Zanyth0x42" & "newboerg" for making available such excellent and helpful modding tools,

"PUREVENOM" for helping with texture's and abilities & all the dozens of other experienced modder's that have helped out with problems I've had.

It would not have been possible without your help.

And a big thank you to the Distant Stars team for permission to combine A,HA's with Distant Stars.

Distant Stars & Alliance, Hidden Agenda's (Beta) integrated version;

Newer version with player buttons fixed, Distant Stars fighters now appear in Alliance Hidden Agenda's ships & Abilities values changed to better go with Distant Stars.

http://www.filefactory.com/f/3907c9a54e193e91/

176 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 8, 2010 9:51:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sounds good!

April 8, 2010 10:53:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A TK push that works on frigates?

If it knocks frigates as far as it does fighters, I can think of many ways to abuse that.

Very Interesting mod. Thanks!! +1

April 8, 2010 11:45:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well actually no, it doesn't knock them as far as fighters, but it does knock them. It also additionally disables their passive regeneration.

April 9, 2010 12:44:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also minidumps with the Diplomacy "Stars" 1.011 Diplomacy. But works fine with a fleet supply mod that I've created.

I'll test this out with a few other mods that i have. See what works and what doesn't, but otherwise this seems like a very awesome (and welcome project). Good job!

April 9, 2010 1:17:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for checking that out for us. I'll add it to the known issues. It is a pity that it doesn't work with those mods. As yet I don't know why. My guess is that there is a clash with the research trees.

I am currently looking into the possibility of getting permission & integrating Sins Plus into the mod, and also eventually another 3 capitals for the other alliance combination's.

Please excuse my ignorance, is there a release of you fleet supply mod?

April 9, 2010 1:29:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SuperZERO0,
Thanks for checking that out for us. I'll add it to the known issues. It is a pity that it doesn't work with those mods. As yet I don't know why. My guess is that there is a clash with the research trees.

actually no, more likely an entity file issue, one thing we found when developing minimods for DS was that they had to have similar entity files in order to work together

as far as the tech trees causing issues that would actually be seen in game as scramble trees or no changes at all (vanillia settings)

April 9, 2010 1:37:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SuperZERO0,

I am currently looking into the possibility of getting permission & integrating Sins Plus into the mod, and also eventually another 3 capitals for the other alliance combination's.

Please excuse my ignorance, is there a release of you fleet supply mod?

Not mine specifically. However, i used http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/373458 and tweaked it a little to serve my needs .

Your mod also works quite well with Volumetric Explosions&Damage Effects ver. 1.41

April 9, 2010 1:38:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the advent cruiser looks like the prometheus class from ST voy

April 9, 2010 1:39:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sort of any way

April 9, 2010 2:19:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the advent cruiser looks like the prometheus class from ST voy

Yeah! I remember that. It was the one the doctor transported to and could break into 3 parts. I didn't really model it off of that,(perhaps I did sub consciously , I don't know) I just made the design up. The aim was to try and make it look like an Advent ship mostly.

April 9, 2010 2:25:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SuperZERO0,
reply 5

actually no, more likely an entity file issue, one thing we found when developing minimods for DS was that they had to have similar entity files in order to work together

as far as the tech trees causing issues that would actually be seen in game as scramble trees or no changes at all (vanillia settings)

Thanks for the heads up Ryat I'll see what I can find out. May have permission to convert "Distant Stars" to txt. to make comparisons.

The other thing is that the price and resource costs and other values would be bit out of balance.

April 9, 2010 10:42:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lmao

April 9, 2010 10:43:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the vasary cruiser needs to be black not silver...

April 9, 2010 6:28:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cool concept, and i like the abilities. I plan on trying it next chance i get (exam time, atm, and i just reformatted my cpu so there are more important things to reinstall than sins)

Just a small error that i can see in the screenshots (it may be changed already, i dont know) is that Deploy is spelled incorrectly. It is Deploy, not Diploy.

April 9, 2010 8:03:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the vasary cruiser needs to be black not silver...

Dually noted. I had originally made it darker. The color's where taken from the original sins Phase textures. I thought it was perhaps a bit too dark, especially in the really dark skybox's. Here's how I had it;

old texture

How it is now, it has the exact same color, only I gave it a little bit of luminosity & bloom, around 10% from memory. I'll change it back, in the next updated version and see if people like that better.

Just a small error that i can see in the screenshots (it may be changed already, i dont know) is that Deploy is spelled incorrectly. It is Deploy, not Diploy.

Oops, bit of a typo in the string values. Now fixed ready for the next release. thanks for pointing it out. There will no doubt be other little things. Compatibility with other mods is another thing that I'm trying to improve.

On that note, If anybody has any Ideas for improving things, I am all ears. I also welcome and encourage people to help out making them also, if you want to.

April 9, 2010 8:56:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the fix is easy

just take the entity files you changed and put them in their own files (gameinfo/mesh/etc.) with out any of the vanilla code

next copy our entity manifest file into the mod then modify that manifest with your entity files on top

then when activating set your mod on top of DS mod like so

Alliance mod
Distant Stars mod

the only thing I ask is that you and any others that make these changes to keep these changes as your private collection please

edit: maybe should have tested that first, but that would be an excellent start to making them work together

edit 2: found my mistake, it works now

April 9, 2010 10:55:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK! thanks, I'll give it a shot.

the only thing I ask is that you and any others that make these changes to keep these changes as your private collection please

Absolutely! I have no intentions of using or changing any part of your mod. I only wish to make mine compatible, so people who, like me, love their Distant Stars have that option. If I have to make  an additional compatible version of my mod, I'll do that. I certainly don't expect you guy's to change anything to suit my needs.

And I apologize for any inconvenience with not testing. I am a do-fuss! I really just made this mod for Sins, and really didn't think about compatibility with other mods.

April 9, 2010 11:04:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Its okay, and thanks for understanding, I've now got my own mini-mod to add to my collection and am looking forward to messing around with it

oh and the edit comment was more towards myself about testing, I wrote up the instructions then tested them and got a minidump, went back and figured it out for the second edit comment

April 10, 2010 12:46:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok! I have it working also. Just by editing the entity manifest as you instructed. There is a few things without strings, so I guess the same thing is needed there.

I can see now that it won't be possible to make a compatible version without using the entity manifest & string file details from your mod, so I'll just make a version for myself.

Cheer's and best of luck with your mod.

April 10, 2010 2:48:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i kinda noticed some things about your.

1. the Tec sb constructer is missing its symbol.

2. THIS IS AN AWESOME MOD!!!!!!!!

3.Also that certain TEC buttons change to other things. For ex.holding the flak research button changes the button to something else. While holding the weapon upgrades for first level tec sb makes the button pic change to the TEC flak frigate.

Just thought you might want to know and again awsome mod.

April 10, 2010 5:24:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yep!, found them. Thanks for pointing those out. The constructor icon is fixed for the next update. Incidentally the Psi's was missing also, along with the anti module frigates and the Vasari mine layer's. I must have used the brush file out of Original instead of Entrenchment.

As for the Tech carrier, (it is on mine), showing on the SB weapon button when its pressed, that's a bit puzzling. The brush locations are all good. It's like the frigate factory's cruisers button is bleeding through some how. One thing I have noticed with it though is that while the brush locations are different, their locations on their respective canvas's is exactly the same. Its like the Original Sins texture is overriding the Entrenchment one when the button is pressed.

Thanks again and I'm glad you like it.

April 10, 2010 10:05:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi Zero,

This mod is looking really nice. I was able to do a quick run through and other than some minor issues, mainly already noted, it looks really good.

April 10, 2010 12:14:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I must have used the brush file out of Original instead of Entrenchment.

Zero0, you really should be modifying the Diplomacy brush file considering this is a mod for Diplomacy.

April 10, 2010 9:01:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Maybe change telekinetic push plus to something different. As in take away the plus for whatever really... telekinetic storm, telekinetic mega push which is kinda lame too imo, telekinetic blast etc hehe. push plus just sounds so... 10 year old playing d&d

Good mod though, nice looking ships with cool abbilities. Keep up the good work.

April 10, 2010 9:12:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You know. After fifteen years, I'm surprised these races actually didn't make more upgraded ships to combat their enemies. Sure, Starbases and minefields and diplomatic vehicles came into play, but you'd expect the other ships to have some sort of upgrade.

But, this mod takes care of that lingering little annoyance. Thank you!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: