Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

System Error- don't have file d3dx9_41.dll

By on April 9, 2010 7:19:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ladd40ski

Join Date 04/2010

When I try to start Sin of a solar empire with my new computer i get the follow message:

The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling to fix this problem.

I've reinstalled a couple of time wihtout luck. 

Anybody have an answer to this problem?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 9, 2010 7:37:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Funny you ask, i just helped my friend with the same thing in FM 2010

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_41

Take that file and put it in the Sins directory "C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Sins of a Solar Empire"

April 9, 2010 7:57:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is a directx dll. I just ran into the same thing trying to start the elemental beta. After running an updated directx install the problem was fixed.

I would suggest downloading the latest directx files from microsoft versus downloading from a non-microsoft site personally.

April 9, 2010 8:01:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This guy usually does the trick:

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

If it doesn't, double check your video card drivers are up to date.  Also, support@stardock.com is always an option.

February 13, 2011 11:31:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I tried installing the directx updates but it said there was a cabinet file that couldn't be trusted, I ran dskchk.exe but it didn't help, is that just an issue with windows 7?

January 16, 2012 2:02:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If its any help, I renamed the file in the programs directory and let it find the version Windows has from the Direct X installer. This cured my issue.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: