Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

System Error- don't have file d3dx9_41.dll

By on April 9, 2010 7:19:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ladd40ski

Join Date 04/2010

When I try to start Sin of a solar empire with my new computer i get the follow message:

The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling to fix this problem.

I've reinstalled a couple of time wihtout luck. 

Anybody have an answer to this problem?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 9, 2010 7:37:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Funny you ask, i just helped my friend with the same thing in FM 2010

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_41

Take that file and put it in the Sins directory "C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Sins of a Solar Empire"

April 9, 2010 7:57:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is a directx dll. I just ran into the same thing trying to start the elemental beta. After running an updated directx install the problem was fixed.

I would suggest downloading the latest directx files from microsoft versus downloading from a non-microsoft site personally.

April 9, 2010 8:01:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This guy usually does the trick:

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

If it doesn't, double check your video card drivers are up to date.  Also, support@stardock.com is always an option.

February 13, 2011 11:31:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I tried installing the directx updates but it said there was a cabinet file that couldn't be trusted, I ran dskchk.exe but it didn't help, is that just an issue with windows 7?

January 16, 2012 2:02:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If its any help, I renamed the file in the programs directory and let it find the version Windows has from the Direct X installer. This cured my issue.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: