Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

[SotF] Sins of the Fallen (The walking dead mod)

By on July 21, 2010 3:10:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+288

Sins of the Fallen

Sins of the Fallen

Overview

Sins of the Fallen is a massive enhancement for the critically acclaimed Sins of a Solar Empire.

Major Features

New Races with new strategies
New Planets
Gameplay Enhancing Addons
AI Enhancements

Journals: [SotF] Diplomacy Pacts & Bonuses, [SotF] Improving the AI, [SotF] Cosmos Ad Infinitum

Addons   Factions  
  Cosmos Ad Infinitum Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

What version of Sins of a Solar Empire is supported?
Sins of the Fallen is a modification for Diplomacy and Rebellion. 

How do you install Sins of the Fallen?
Please read How to install Sins of the Fallen.

Why does your mod have so many folders?
As Sins of a Solar Empire is a 32bit game it is restricted to 2GB of ram utilization as well as other various hard coded limitations. The stacking structure used with this mod allows more than 2GB of content by allowing portions of the mod to be loaded.

Will you support Entrenchment or Vanilla?
No, I did have previous versions that supported Entrenchment (See Release History), but have decided the it was too much effort for one person to try and maintain both.

Fall of Heaven: Plague and Nephilim
Fall of Transhumanity
Fall of Kobol

1313 Replies +7
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 21, 2010 4:25:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds cool.

Ima collecting lots of voices from other games. Star Craft has a bunch I am putting in my mod. Have a listen to my TEC radio voice overs using real military pilot recordings.

What type of music are you looking for. My library has loads of movie OSTs. Check out my Sins of Humanity Soundtrack page and preview a few of mine.

July 21, 2010 4:36:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds cool.

Thanks, I've been working on this for quite some time now. I hope to add more content here and on my wiki page as I get closer to an alpha release. This is my first venture into modding so I've been having fun.

Ima collecting lots of voices from other games

Cool, check this out as well as the Sins of Humanity soundtracks.

Thanks

July 21, 2010 4:37:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Heheheh

I shall assist in every way I can.

July 21, 2010 5:38:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds nice.

July 21, 2010 6:27:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hey zombie, you need any possible help? i could come up with some ideas for ships and stations. cannons / guns. send them to you and you can edit it some. etc etc.

July 21, 2010 8:32:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Alexrose,
hey zombie, you need any possible help? i could come up with some ideas for ships and stations. cannons / guns. send them to you and you can edit it some. etc etc.

Hey Alexrose, This is a good community and I would accept and give credit for any help provided if incorporated into the mod. Here is an example of the Plague Colony capital ship Reply #86. Here is the Nephilim Long Range Frigate I will be using Reply #2. I'm open to new concepts or ideas in this regard though as I've only recently come to terms with how I want the Plague structures to look.

Thanks for your interest, ZombiesRus5

July 21, 2010 8:43:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

anyway you could post the 2 cultures. well like capital ship of the 2 cultures your maknig so i can get a better idea of what your gonig for. or all your ships your making and which of the two they are?

July 21, 2010 8:48:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Alexrose,
anyway you could post the 2 cultures. well like capital ship of the 2 cultures your maknig so i can get a better idea of what your gonig for. or all your ships your making and which of the two they are?

I understand, I'm just not quite ready to post pics of the fleets yet as I might make some changes. I'll PM you a location that has several of the pictures.

July 22, 2010 12:00:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You don't have to use the logo until you actually post the mod...

I can make it smaller if you want...

and if you would rather use it, I updated the picture in my thread's header to include all of the transparencies. Myfist0's has no transparency in the middle.

July 22, 2010 12:50:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Star Craft has a bunch I am putting in my mod.

sorry for the slight off topic but where did you get the starcraft voices? if you extracted them from the game could you upload them? thanks

July 22, 2010 3:26:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Syneptus,
You don't have to use the logo until you actually post the mod...

I can make it smaller if you want...

and if you would rather use it, I updated the picture in my thread's header to include all of the transparencies. Myfist0's has no transparency in the middle.

Not a problem, I will be using the particle effects you already sent. Just trying to set this page up is all.

July 22, 2010 3:35:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Sounds cool.

Ima collecting lots of voices from other games. Star Craft has a bunch I am putting in my mod. Have a listen to my TEC radio voice overs using real military pilot recordings.

What type of music are you looking for. My library has loads of movie OSTs. Check out my Sins of Humanity Soundtrack page and preview a few of mine.

So ya, I'm going to want something a little dark or forboding with the Plague race. Upbeat wouldn't really cut it.

Maybe something a little arrogant or chanty for the Nephilim race.

Also, for the voice overs here is an example of what I was wanting to try.

CapitalSiege Plague OnCreation I'll wear their skins as trophies
CapitalSiege Plague OnAttackOrderIssued And what once was alive will soon be deceased
CapitalSiege Plague OnAttackOrderIssued Awaken to darkness
CapitalSiege Plague OnStartPhaseJump Initiating Phase Organs
CapitalSiege Plague OnGeneralOrderIssued On the warm rich sensation he feels when he feeds
CapitalSiege Plague OnGeneralOrderIssued So when the last bit of sunlight disappears from the sky
CapitalSiege Plague OnSelected Come brothers in darkness
CapitalSiege Plague OnSelected I am the darkness

CapitalBattleship Plague OnCreation You will fear us
CapitalBattleship Plague OnAttackOrderIssued I warned you!
CapitalBattleship Plague OnAttackOrderIssued Scream all you want!
CapitalBattleship Plague OnStartPhaseJump Phase Organs Connected
CapitalBattleship Plague OnGeneralOrderIssued I must feed
CapitalBattleship Plague OnGeneralOrderIssued I'm curious what happens when we die
CapitalBattleship Plague OnSelected He stalks in the night like a disatrous beast
CapitalBattleship Plague OnSelected I over release from the pain of living

CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnCreation We will purge the infestation
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnAttackOrderIssued Silence the Deceivers
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnAttackOrderIssued You'll see what I am able to do
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnStartPhaseJump Phase Manipulation Ready
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnGeneralOrderIssued I'm ready
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnGeneralOrderIssued Are you sure?
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnSelected Our duty is eternal
CapitalBattleship Nephilim OnSelected Our duty is unending

CapitalSiege Nephilim OnAttackOrderIssued And what once was alive will soon be deceased
CapitalSiege Nephilim OnAttackOrderIssued They're going to burn.
CapitalSiege Nephilim OnStartPhaseJump Phase Travel Initiated
CapitalSiege Nephilim OnGeneralOrderIssued For the reckoning
CapitalSiege Nephilim OnGeneralOrderIssued Annihilation commencing
CapitalSiege Nephilim OnSelected Death comes to all
CapitalSiege Nephilim OnSelected Complete the cycle

August 1, 2010 12:37:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is this awesome mod ready for downloading? Will it be avaliable for vanilla sins?

August 20, 2010 3:25:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Alpharius93,
Is this awesome mod ready for downloading? Will it be avaliable for vanilla sins?

Thanks for the interest. No the mod is still in the alpha stage currently. I also only plan to support Diplomacy at the moment. I may include Entrenchment after the mod is more mature.

August 20, 2010 4:52:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi guys, thought I might start posting some pics of the concept ships that will eventually make their way into the mod. Please keep in mind many of these ships will not be heavily textured or detailed initially.

Concept Ship
Enslavor Scourge
Race: Plague
Class: Capital Colony
An immense mothership that carries many infectious agents.
Weapon: Bio-plasma
Weapon: Acid
Weapon: Bile
Ability: Infect Planet (Colonize)
Ability: Leeche Resources
Ability: Deploy Infected Turret
Ultimate: Spread Infection
Quote: I am hungry
Quote: It's too late, my blood is in your vains
Quote: I understand desire
Model by: ZombiesRus5

* Concept ships are lightly textured and detailed models and will undergoe many changes/improvements.

August 20, 2010 5:05:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Concept Ship
Archangel Battleship
Race: Nephilim
Class: Capital Battleship

A heavily armed and armored battleship, it leads the

Nephlim army into battle.
Weapon: Plasma
Weapon: Missiles
Weapon: Pulse
Ability: Power Synergy
Ability: Directional Shield
Ability: Crippling Wound
Ultimate: Immortality
Quote: I will purge the infestation!
Quote: Silence the deceivers!
Quote: Our duty is eternal!
Model by: EternalRequiem

August 20, 2010 5:15:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yes... ppl that is what you think it is, Hmmm... Zomb, I'm going to look more into some of the other models I've done that have similar design to the battleship there, ships that have similar rings design to them

August 20, 2010 6:35:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Concept Ship
Leviathan Carrier
Class: Capital Carrier

A Impressive carrier boasting many tendrals of strike craft

Ability: Life Drain
Ability: Duplicate Frigate
Ability: Inspired Fighters
Ultimate: Locust Swarm
Quote: I shall prevail!
Quote: I feel your presence!
Quote: I hear the call!

August 20, 2010 6:45:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting EternalRequiem,
yes... ppl that is what you think it is, Hmmm... Zomb, I'm going to look more into some of the other models I've done that have similar design to the battleship there, ships that have similar rings design to them

Hey EternalRequiem... Sounds good. I was really struggling to find/model a ship that fit what I wanted for a capital battleship (I just couldn't get the one I was working on to a point I liked) until I saw that model of yours. Thanks a lot for your help! I really want to use the atlantis class ships too (I think they fit the look), just trying to figure which classification they might fit with

August 20, 2010 7:48:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmmm... cruiser I think... the new one I sent as well... I think that would be better off as a cap ship but it's up to you... it could be used as a cruiser carrier. The Atlantis could be used as a support class or maybe even an assault class. Depends on what you yourself would want to do scaling wise, the Reverence is much larger than the Atlantis model as this can bee seen by the reference pics I based them off of as well as the size specs on the ship were also listed. As for other ships I have two other ships I've done, they need a bit more work but I think they would be good as frigates maybe?

August 20, 2010 7:53:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Concept Ship
Covenant Mothership
Class: Capital Colony

An immense mothership that carries the most devote.
It has many support abilities.

Ability: Convert Planet (Colonize)
Ability: Prostrate
Ability: Probability Manipulation
Ultimate: Final Heaven
Quote: Conversion is inevitable!
Quote: You think as I do!
Quote: My miracles shall be seen!

A little odd looking, sure. I'm trying for something that fits this image associated with Azrael...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5790092/SinsOfTheFallenWiki/azraels_symbol.jpg

August 22, 2010 12:48:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Concept Ship
Seraphim Defender
Class: Frigate Utility

A large cruiser with support abilities that aid the survival 
of nearby friendly units

Weapon: Pulse

Ability: Shield Restore
Ability: Immunity
Quote: Faith is our Shield!
Quote: Faith without deads is worthless!
Quote: Just as planned!
August 23, 2010 3:45:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Heya ZombieRus, I had a couple of thoughts for the plague race, feel free to disregard them if they're not the direction you are taking the race in!

1st, have their standard weapons do minimal direct damage, but have damage over time(DoT), to give the feel of the enemies ships being eaten away by bio-plasma. I can see it possibly being a problem though if hte infobox gets filled with miniscule DoT lines, so possibly make the ships' DoT effects cumulative, so you end up with a single large value rather than lots of little ones.

2nd, Instead of fighters and bombers, i was thinking it would be cool to have only bombers, and have them suicide onto enemy ships. small squadrons and low health, but rapid build time. Just to keep things fresh! again, there is a downside i've already thoguht of, they would need a different weapon class to usual so that they are effective against LRM spam. To make up for the lack of fightes on the defensive, i was thinking have the flak frigates have no guns, but a damage over time aura, to compensate for the lack of fighter support. That aura would have to replace rather than stack though, to prevent a small clump of flak frigates being untouchable by fighters or bombers.

I hope some of this is food for thought, if nothing else!

Nick

August 23, 2010 7:41:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1st, have their standard weapons do minimal direct damage, but have damage over time(DoT), to give the feel of the enemies ships being eaten away by bio-plasma. I can see it possibly being a problem though if hte infobox gets filled with miniscule DoT lines, so possibly make the ships' DoT effects cumulative, so you end up with a single large value rather than lots of little ones.

This is a problem I've been considering recently. The current theme of weapon damage 5% upgrades is something I initially modded but have found to be boring. I've been leaning towards a purely ability based upgrades on weapons to make it more interesting. This idea fits nicely with what I have been considering.

2nd, Instead of fighters and bombers, i was thinking it would be cool to have only bombers, and have them suicide onto enemy ships. small squadrons and low health, but rapid build time. Just to keep things fresh! again, there is a downside i've already thoguht of, they would need a different weapon class to usual so that they are effective against LRM spam. To make up for the lack of fightes on the defensive, i was thinking have the flak frigates have no guns, but a damage over time aura, to compensate for the lack of fighter support. That aura would have to replace rather than stack though, to prevent a small clump of flak frigates being untouchable by fighters or bombers.

The bomber is a good idea. I think there is a way to balance this out with like stated with rapid build times. Removing fighters is riskier though as bombers are pretty OP in the game currently. There would need to be a way to deal with bomber based fleets (i.e. a counter would still be needed). Your idea of the flak frigate is very interesting, my concern is it would have to function as the fighter counter and the bomber counter.

I'm actually wonderg if the same concept for bombers can be done for fighters and make the whole thing kamazi attacks.

I like the ideas and I'll mull them over to see how they could be implemented with balance in mind.

p.s. if I even come close to using either of these ideas I will include your name as a resource on this mod.

August 23, 2010 8:05:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

This is a problem I've been considering recently. The current theme of weapon damage 5% upgrades is something I initially modded but have found to be boring. I've been leaning towards a purely ability based upgrades on weapons to make it more interesting. This idea fits nicely with what I have been considering.

The bomber is a good idea. I think there is a way to balance this out with like stated with rapid build times. Removing fighters is riskier though as bombers are pretty OP in the game currently. There would need to be a way to deal with bomber based fleets (i.e. a counter would still be needed). Your idea of the flak frigate is very interesting, my concern is it would have to function as the fighter counter and the bomber counter.

I'm actually wonderg if the same concept for bombers can be done for fighters and make the whole thing kamazi attacks.

I like the ideas and I'll mull them over to see how they could be implemented with balance in mind.

p.s. if I even come close to using either of these ideas I will include your name as a resource on this mod.

that pretty much sums up a ship that launches (mines/fighters/bombers) lolz ships that are actually mines that ram themselves into enemy ships and cause damage... gee that sounds familiar... Zerg Scourge anyone? ramming into enemy ships and watching the fireworks happen

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time: