Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[Reference] Research Modifier List

By on July 28, 2010 1:00:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Mystic Angel

Join Date 03/2006
+12

The last modifier list to include research was Bailknight's, but it doesn't include anything added in Entrenchment or Diplomacy.  So, in an effort to push this game to the brink and explore what it's capable of at its fringes I've been pouring over all of the modifiers for quite some time.  I finally figured it was time to organize my material and my thoughts in hopes (maybe even somewhat desperate hopes) that I might find possible solutions for some of my more audacious goals.

I also wanted to share my work with everyone else.  Hopefully it can help you reach your modding goals in a more manageable time period than it has me.  So, without further ado:

Research Bool Modifers:

AllowGalaxyTravel
AllowMissionOffers
AllowPacts
AllowPirateMissions
AllowResourceDemandAndGifts
AllowWormHoleTravel
CultureSpreadIsAlwaysVisible
HyperspaceDetectionAnyJumps
HyperspaceDetectionOneJump
HyperspaceDetectionTwoJumps
PlanetIsColonizable
    -> the "linkedPlanetType" line is added and indented once
        * any planet type can be used (Ice, Volancic, Desert, etc.)
        * Each planet type must have a seprate modifier entry
PlanetsDetectedByCulture
RemoveRacialRelationPenalty
Unlock Pact
    -> add the "allianceType" and "pactUnlockEntityDefname" lines, both indented once
    * alliance types include "AntimatterPact", "ArmorPact", "BeamWeaponPact", "CulturePact", "Invalid",
    "MetalPact", "MetalCrystalPact", "MissileWeaponPact", "PhaseJumpPact", "PlanetBombingPact",
    "ResearchPact", "ShieldPact", "ShipStructureMaxPact", "ShipStructureRegenPact", "StrikecraftPact",
    "SupplyPact", "TacticalSlotsPact", "TradeIncomePact", "WeaponCooldownPact",   

Research Float Modifiers:
    -> all include "baseValue" and "perLevelValue" lines, both indented once

AllegianceFromCultureMaxPerc
AntimatterCapacityAdjustment
AntimatterRegenAdjustment
ArmorBaseAdjustment
BlackMarketBuyPriceAdjustment
BombingDamageAsDamageDealerAdjustment
BombingDamageAsDamageTargetAdjustment
BombingPopulationKilledPercAsDamageTarget
BombingRangeAdjustment
BountyBoughtAdjustment
BountyCollectedAdjustment
CapitalShipCultureProtectRateAdjustment
CapitalShipAngularThrustAdjustment
CapitalShipMaxSlotLevel
CapitalShipMaxSlots
CapitalShipMaxTrainableLevel
CargoShipCapacityAdjustment
CarrierFightersPerSquadAdjustment
CreditCostAdjustment
CultureAntimatterRegenAmount
CultureEnemyBuildRateAdjustment
CultureResistPercent
CultureShieldMitigationAdjustment
CultureSpreadDecayAdjustment
CultureSpreadRateAdjustment
CultureWeaponDamageAdjustment
DerivativeCreditsFromPurchasesPercent
DerivativeCreditsFromTradePercent
ExperienceAwardedAdjustment
ExperienceConstantGainLevelCap
ExperienceConstantGainRate
ExtractionRateCrystalAdjustment
ExtractionRateMetalAdjustment
ExtractionRateFromResourceFocus
HangarFightersPerSquadAdjustment
HullPointsMaxAdjustment
HullPointsRegenAdjustment
HyperspaceAntimatterCostAdjustment
HyperspaceBetweenSystemSpeedAdjustment
HyperspaceChargeUpRateAdjustment
HyperspaceExitDistanceAdjustment
HyperspaceInSystemSpeedAdjustment
HyperspaceSpeedPhaseGateAdjustment
IncomePercLost
MassReduction
ModuleBuildRateAdjustment
ModuleCostForSimilarTypesAdjustment
PirateStrengthAgainstYouAdjustment
PlanetHealthRegenRateAdjustment
PlanetPopulationCapAdjustment
    -> the "linkedPlanetType" is added after the "perLevelValue" line and is indented
        * any planet type can be used (Ice, Volcanic, Desert, etc.)
PlanetSlotsShipsAdjustment
PlanetSlotsCivilianIncrease
PlanetSlotsTacticalIncrease
PlanetUpgradeBuildRateAdjustment
    -> the "linkedPlanetType" is added after the "perLevelValue" line and is indented
        * "Artifact Level", "CivilianModules", "Infrastructure", "Invalid", and *possibly "TacticalModules"
PlanetUpgradeCostAdjustment
        * "Artifact Level", "CivilianModules", "Infrastructure", "Invalid", and *possibly "TacticalModules"
PopulationGrowthRateAdjustment
PopulationTaxRateAdjustment
QuestDeadlineAdjustment
QuestFailureHappinessAdjustment
QuestRewardHappinessAdjustment
RebellionLevel
RelationshipBonus
ResearchBuildRateAdjustment
ResearchCostAdjustment
ResourceCostAdjustment
SalvageWreckagePercent
ScuttleRateAdjustment
ScuttleValueAdjustment
ShieldMaxMitigationAdjustment
ShieldPointsMaxAdjustment
ShieldPointsRegenAdjustment
ShipBuildRateAdjustment
ShipMaxSlotLevel
ShipMaxSlots
StarBaseArmorAdjustment
StarBaseBuildRateAtEnemyOrbitBodyAdjustment
StarBaseHullPointsMaxAdjustment
StarBaseShieldPointsMaxAdjustment
StarBaseShieldPointsRegenAdjustment
StarBaseWeaponDamageAdjustment
StarBaseWeaponTargetPerBankAdjustment
TemporaryRelationshipFromGiveCreditsValueAdjustment
TemporaryRelationshipFromGiveCrystalValueAdjustment
TemporaryRelationshipFromGiveMetalValueAdjustment
TemporaryRelationshipFromGiveResourceMaxAdjustment
TradeGoodsValueAdjustment
WeaponDamageAdjustment
    -> the "linkedWeaponClass" line is added after "perLevelValue" and is indented
        * Specific weapon class options or use "invalid" if all-inclusive
        * Each weapon type must have a seprate modifier entry
WeaponIgnoresShieldsAdjustment
WeaponRangeAdjustment
WeaponRateOfFireAdjustment

Examples of added lines:

researchModifier
    modifierType "UnlockPact"
    allianceType "PhaseJumpPact"
    pactUnlockEntityDefName "RESEARCHSUBJECT_PACTBONUS_PHASEJUMP"

researchModifier
    modifierType "WeaponRangeAdjustment"
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.050000
    linkedWeaponClass "PHASESMISSILE"

researchModifier
    modifierType "WeaponDamageAdjustment"
    baseValue 0.000000
    perLevelValue 0.050000
    linkedWeaponClass "Invalid"

researchModifier
    modifierType "PlanetIsColonizable"
    linkedPlanetType "Ice"

Locked Post 11 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
myfist0
July 28, 2010 4:23:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nice job 

I don't suppose you found anything that would allow me to create an auto-dock and auto-launch abilities for strike craft. I looked over all the abilities and buffs with no luck. I did a search for dock and came up with some string IDs that link to nothing I can find.

July 28, 2010 5:00:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm afraid not.  I had originally thought that since you weren't able to find anything in the buffs or abilities referencing the launching that there might be some trace in the UI set-up in the Window folder.  Alas, no luck.  I'll prod around in the entities to see if I can find anything.  A second pair of eyes never hurts, after all.

July 28, 2010 5:15:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you so much. 

I think this should be implemented in a patch so there are not a 1000 SC just sitting in space waiting. Would this not help the games ram overload? Could do the same with constructors.

July 28, 2010 5:33:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I totally agree.  So far, I've found several references for squads, docking, and undocking.  According to the words that are used for game event sounds, docking and undocking are both abilities.  If that's true, we just need to find or have access to those ability files in order to make the necessary changes.

I've also discovered that the action of launching squads can be disabled by a debuff somehow.  I don't have any further details on that one, but it's what I'm looking into at the moment.  If that's manageable, I have something in mind that could be a workaround.

July 28, 2010 7:02:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I did find a couple things but my limited knowledge is telling me that these abilities will have to be attached to the hangar or Cap ship which most dont have room for abilities. I was hoping for abilities attached to the squads themselves which are empty.

Hangars might use makedead when NotInCombat and AbilitySpawnSquad WhenInCombat or the  EFFECT_ENTRYVEHICLELAUNCH_TECH uses this to launch when needed but used on planets.

I'm so lost  . The 2 things I try to mod first are a no-go I think. The first was another research section. Wasted hours on that one.

July 28, 2010 7:10:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have what I'm 99% positive is a workable solution that doesn't require any ability slots be taken up on ships or planet modules.  It will require a planetary ability slot, though.  I'll test it out, and if it's acceptable within the limits of your mod you can use it however you see fit.

July 28, 2010 7:37:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

and we should make this public (no permission). Maybe a small separate add-on for TSOP or a least a link to.

I think it looks a lot better when an enemy comes and the all the bees come out of there nests. I even have a real carrier radio call "Bees Wag Wag Wag" all ready to go.

July 28, 2010 7:45:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I was thinking along the same lines as far as incorporation into the Optimization Project.

It's taking a lot more effort for me to wrap my mind around this than I originally thought, though.  I've got buffs getting reflected around ships like crazy, but it's almost to the testing point.  Hopefully it'll be ready tonight.

July 28, 2010 7:53:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Take your time my friend. No rush at all. I have been looking at this for almost 2 weeks, get frustrated and go back to checking bad files or adding to the SoaSE Weebly.

July 28, 2010 9:31:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Mystic

I've started something of this myself as well. This is a wiki representation of the grammar rules I am using to parse the Sins TXT files for validation.

http://code.google.com/p/soaseplugin/wiki/Syntax

July 28, 2010 10:45:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's awesome!  I had wanted to provide something with that much information, but my mod is such a monstrous conversion that I didn't want to take the time.

I've bookmarked your page as my new reference source and have re-promised myself to study up on your validation tools.  I keep getting caught up in modeling and texturing, but I'm going to have to force myself to stop and learn your system.  If I can do that, I know it'll make all of my entity work much more efficient and manageable.  Thanks for the info!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time: