Sins Pirate Mini-Mod
Sins Pirate Mini-Mod Download Link (All Versions)
- Attempt to introduce pirates without the E-Bay bidding system.
- (i.e. turn pirates off but still have them in the game to a small degree)
- Control pirate strength through research and some randomness
- The research determines the two level of possible pirate fleet supplies.
- Add small taxation for causing larger pirate raids on enemies
- Introduce one new pirate ship (Blue Arcadia)
I've repurposed the first two levels of Insurgency to cause the initial pirate raids against your enemies. The First level is free causing minor pirate raids. The second level costs 2% of your taxable income but causes more significant pirate raids.
In this version the pirates can't be stopped by destroying their base.
They will keep coming in various strengths until your enemy is defeated.
How to initiate pirate raids:
Research the first Diplomacy level to allow missions for smaller pirate raids periodically.
Research the Diplomacy level to allow pirate missions for larger pirate raids periodically.
Let me know if you find this approach fun or with merit and I can look at tweaking it more.
A mini-mod for Sins of a Solar Empire by ZombiesRus5