Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Sins Of a Solar Empire: The Sequel

By on November 25, 2010 4:06:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Shockmatter9

Join Date 11/2009

So. I've been playing a decent skirmish as the TEC in a multi-system war against the Advent and Vasari and another TEC variant. As I'm Building a Starbase on a newly captured planet, i begin to wonder. Will there ever be a Sins of a Solar Empire 2? Believe me, I love this game with a passion but i can see a few changes to the game that are minor but worth noting. For instance, how about more than 2 classes of Strike craft? How about a Heavy Bomber and an Interceptor? How about Capital ships that literally carry the smaller ships in the fleet? Like Imagine a Kol Battleship having the ability to have 10-20 Cobalt Frigates attached to it. Then when in battle have the ships detach from The Cap ship and fight on their own. Another small detail I imagined is when about to make a Phase Jump, closing the Strike craft hanger doors. I mean, if I worked on a ship and got sucked out of the hanger bay because the doors were open I'd be very unhappy. Wouldn't I lose my unmanned Fighters and Bombers too? How about more variants of ships? How about new classes? i can think of a few off the top of my head. A Destroyer in the Frigate class, a battleship in the all new BATTLESHIP CLASS (lol) and a Titan in the Titan class. In my opinion, the scale issues of the game should be looked over. If a Titan ship was in the game it would have to be bigger than the biggest Capital ship by a long shot. I'm talking like colossal size. Like you see that show up at one of your planets it would make you shart. I'm not trying to copy EVE either as i talk about the Titan Class even though they are the same concept. And how about not every class of ship in the game is a mirror of the other races. If one side has a carrier as a Capital ship, I don't wanna see other Factions having one too. How about have one Faction have a Carrier and another have a Supercarrier. I just want to see more personality in the Factions instead of the same ship types with different looks and different weapons. All in all, i think there should be heavy consideration into making a follow up to Sins Of a Solar Empire 2. A great game made by Great people played by great Gamers.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 25, 2010 2:08:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not official, but yea, I'd imagine there would be one, Stardock has a great game here, doubt they'd let it go.  Also, while slightly off topic, do you play eve? Some of the things you suggested here are similar to that game. Anyway, I'm sure they'll do it right if they make a sequel, with all sorts of new ships, and variants. Good suggestions here, I suppose.

November 26, 2010 12:01:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
No I haven't but I do know alot about it. The only thing I thought I borrowed from it was the Titan ship. Other than that I never knew it. I hope it becomes a reality.
November 26, 2010 12:02:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

From what information has been gathered (nothing 100%), Ironclad does have future plans for the franchise, but their next game will not be a sequel to Sins.  Nothing official at this point, so we're just going on a few developer comments and speculation.

November 28, 2010 1:12:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

New ideas for the franchise but not a sequel? D: *facepalm*

November 28, 2010 3:18:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Shockmatter9,
New ideas for the franchise but not a sequel? D: *facepalm*
My guess: new patches for Sins and maybe a new expansion or two.

November 28, 2010 4:19:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually, the indication is that they're working on an entirely different game, and they will revisit Sins in the future.  To repeat, the indication as of right now is that Ironclad is working on a non-Sins-related product.

December 1, 2010 10:33:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

God forbid Sins turns out like Starcraft- several years for a sequel.

December 3, 2010 11:49:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Shockmatter9,
God forbid Sins turns out like Starcraft- several years for a sequel.

And what would be so bad about that? After all, on average, a sequel takes either-

1) 1-3 years to come out, taking the time from when the game stops being supported

OR

2) 2-3 years, taking the time from when the game first came out.

Blizzard may have taken about, what was it, 15 years, to get SC2 out, but I have no doubts that Sins-2 would take less than ten years to release.

And most of that time would be other projects from Ironclad, that are almost certain to be awesome.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time: