Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

ZombiesRus5's Mod Yard (Rebellion Titan Victory Mini-mod)

By on January 3, 2011 2:31:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+321

//

This will be a place for me to ramble and post on whatever my current side project or experiment is in one place.

[video]http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-the-fallen/videos/hypercorp-playthrough[/video]

Active Projects:

Sins of the Fallen Logo 

Sins of the Fallen is my main modding project which adds two new races to the sins universe with their own gameplay. 

Sins of the Fallen: Transhumans is the first expansion to the mod an introduces two new races Rogues and Hypercorp.

Sins of the Fallen: Blood and Chrome is the second expansion to the mod and introduces two new BSG races Colonial and Cylons.

How to add a race to Sins of a Solar Empire provides a starter race mod template based off the three built-in races of TEC, Advent and Vasari. This mod can be easily scripted to create add-on races for any mod and was used for SGI to create the Asgard and Goauld entities. I have an ant script if your interested for renaming the files and references automatically.

Entity Editor and Validation Tool provides an Eclipse plugin capable of advanced validation of all version of Sins of a Solar Empire. This is a moderately advanced tool requiring the ability to install and configure Eclipse. The tool becomes much easier to integrate and use after the initial setup is complete. For those that do not have the technical capabilities to setup Eclipse, a wiki version of the validation rules have been posted on the code.google.com project site.

Retired Projects:

Sins Flagship is a mini-mod that creates 5 Flagship Class Capital Ships for each race. Downloaded way more than I ever expected. Integrated as an addon with Sins of the Fallen.

Sins Pirate is a mini-mod that simulates random attacks against your enemies planets. This was more of an attempt to plan around with Insurgency and had a limited lifespan. Still if your interested in insurgency modding take a look.

Sins_Diplomacy_logo

Sins Technology Pacts is a mini-mod adding additional research options to the diplomacy tree based on pact types accepted. This mod is not complete and may never be, but if your interested in additional ways to mod pacts it's worth looking at.

Locked Post 146 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 3, 2011 2:47:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

New Project:

Fortress Mod

I was bored this last weekend and haven't modded anything for over a month so decided to play with spreadsheets. The result is this mod which really is a capital ship diversification mod with mini-starbases (fortress class) as capital ships. It will quickly be retired but it was fun to make and it's main goal was to get me back into modding.

Entrenchment and Diplomacy download
You will need to stack the (D) version over the (E) to run in diplomacy

The net result is this.

New Fortress Class (Mesh is a reduced scale version of the StarBase)

Vera Fortress - Tech
Salvation Fortress - Advent
Marrasek Fortress - Vasari

The fortress class capital ships do not have planet bombardment capabilities.
Weapon damage is reduced by half from starbase equivalent
Abilities are based on starbase equivalent
Target counts per bank is currently limited to 1

Starbases

Now start at second level health stats
Weapon damage is doubled
All starbases move

Existing Capital Ship Modifications

(all values are modifiers to the current stats)

Weapon Damage:

Battleships: 4x
Carrriers: 2x
Colony: 2x
Siege: 2x
Support: 2x

Planet Bombardment:

Battleships: .5x
Carrriers: .25x
Colony: 1.5x
Siege: 3x
Support: 1x

Durability (Hull/HullPerLevel/Shield/ShieldPerLevel/BaseArmor/BaseArmorPerLevel)

Battleships: 2x
Carrriers: 1x
Colony: 1.75x
Siege: 1.5x

AntiMatter

Battleships: 1x
Carrriers: 1.1x
Colony: 1.3x
Siege: 1.2x

Culture

Battleships: .5x
Carrriers: .75x
Colony: 1.5x
Siege: 1x
Support: 1.25x

January 3, 2011 9:40:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

won't seven races put a strain on the engine?

January 3, 2011 10:09:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

[quote who="FredLed" reply="2" id="2859262"]won't seven races put a strain on the engine?
[/quote]

No. There are ways around the memory limitations. Additionally, those with less than adequate system specs will be able to play Transhumans as a separate mod.

Edit - TBH moving forward I have started building all my races as separate mods and combining them via build scripts. I use the same scripts with Sins of the Fallen to make the SinsPlus and Distant Stars addons so I can play my races with these mods. I will be splitting Nephilim and Plague to allow me to mix and match races as I see fit going forward too. This isn't the "ways around" I referred too but it will indirectly allow me to manage overhead especially for people that don't have 4GB or ram.

February 15, 2011 10:41:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fun with templates...

I use templates to keep my races separate and then combine them at build time with whatever base version or mod I wish with custom built ant tasks.

These tasks are mainly meant to automate the editing of shared files between base versions or mods.

• AddPlanetItemsTemplate Task - adds planetItemsTemplate's for new races normal start, quick start, etc
  • AddRaceRelationsModifier Task - adds a race relation line to unmodified base player files
  • MergeData Task - merges all simple count based files like StringInfo, playerPictures, sounddata, etc
  • MergeGalaxyScenarioDef Task - merges simple iteration items like planetItemTypes

February 18, 2011 9:39:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

that's very sick (awesome) zombie.

March 14, 2011 3:21:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So experimenting with Planets is fun...

Here's a shot of Earth using Thoumsin's model and texture...

March 14, 2011 3:26:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Various Terran planets

March 14, 2011 3:31:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

March 14, 2011 3:55:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
It's wrong to worship zombies. I'm gonna keep telling myself that. But I envy the undead...yessssss.
March 14, 2011 4:23:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

these look great, I like the variation in the terran planets. I have Earth in my own mod, but it rotates backwards lol 

March 14, 2011 4:28:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ViperVenom117,
these look great, I like the variation in the terran planets. I have Earth in my own mod, but it rotates backwards lol 

Alternate dimensions huh?

I'll be releasing these and some others. I'm adding variations for all the planet types and putting in some exotic variations too.

Quoting SIN-Imperium,
It's wrong to worship zombies. I'm gonna keep telling myself that. But I envy the undead...yessssss.

Zombies don't need worshipers just a steady stream of brainnszz!!!

March 14, 2011 4:51:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Competition! There can be only one Planet Mod! *cue epic music* Looks fun. lol Though I am tempted to ask for textures... nah, I go the satellite route.
March 14, 2011 5:14:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why not combine them with the best of existing planet mods to make the most epic planet mod of all? 

March 14, 2011 5:23:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Because the textures will kill the game.
March 14, 2011 5:28:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ViperVenom117,
Why not combine them with the best of existing planet mods to make the most epic planet mod of all? 

Well, Nova is building a full mod which is cool, while this is more of a reusable package and won't directly modify gameplay elements. He's welcome to use whatever he wants if he finds any of an acceptable quality.

I will say I'm limiting all the planet textures to 1024x1024 to keep the memory usage down while still allowing for many new planets. For example a 2048x2048 (default planet) texture is 5.3 megs while a 1024x1024 is 1.3 megs or a 4-1 ratio.

March 14, 2011 5:40:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ya, and I'm using 2048x2048...

March 14, 2011 5:49:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting NovaCameron,

Ouch..

March 14, 2011 11:23:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting NovaCameron,

Well, the .mesh that Zombies use is not the same that the sins .mesh ... UV was optimized for use around 95% of the map surface when UV from the sins .mesh use a little more that 50% of the map surface... it is a case when lower resolution don't mean lower quality...

March 14, 2011 11:24:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Mine use 100% lol

March 15, 2011 12:03:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting NovaCameron,
Mine use 100% lol

The planets must look very nice then. The price is to steep for me and using Thoumsin's model allows me to create good quality planets but at much less of a cost resource wise. I already have a lot of custom content I plan on eventually merging this with so the eye candy must be balanced with the end result.

March 15, 2011 10:46:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Now that I can generate my own planets I can add a little more depth.

March 15, 2011 10:57:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

mmm You just adding? Mine is a total overhaul on the planets which allowed me to add lots. Still looks good. Noise scripts and other fun color tweaks?

March 15, 2011 11:08:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want a planet package that isn't tied to any other modding changes. This will be a multi-part effort. One will be a standalone planet package that any mod can reuse without having to deal with other modifications. The next part will be to create my own custom abilities and bonuses for my fallen universe tied to the planets. The final part will be to bridge the fallen planets into my fallen mod.

March 15, 2011 11:25:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
Now that I can generate my own planets I can add a little more depth.

Reduced 55%Original 1024 x 768

ooh... I like that one 

March 16, 2011 10:21:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ooh... I like that one

Ya, It's my favorite so far.

Here's a couple more pics. I like the second better personally.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000781   Page Render Time: