Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Rebellion is Upon Us: The Next Chapter of Sins of a Solar Empire Unveiled at GDC 2011

By on March 1, 2011 1:45:28 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+612

The time of Diplomacy is over. The length of the war and differing opinions on what should be done to bring the war to an end has led to a splintering of the groups involved. The controlling powers-that-be have depleted arsenals and seemed to have exhausted all efforts of diplomacy. Trapped in a stalemate, sub-factions have rebelled and broken off the main alignments. Rebellion is upon us.

The exciting next chapter in the awesome Sins of a Solar Empire universe has arrived. A full-fledged expansion to the original, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion draws you even deeper into the galactic struggle for supremacy with appealing new factions, terrifyingly cool new ships of all sizes, enhanced lighting and particle effects for increased visual pleasure and all-new victory conditions.

“Rebellion is the first stand-alone expansion to the Sins of a Solar Empire universe,” said Brian Clair, director of publishing for Stardock. “Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion will add many new ships, refresh the visuals and integrate Impulse::Reactor features to support achievements, multiplayer leagues and much more.”

In the original award-winning Sins of a Solar Empire, developed by Ironclad Games, you are the leader of one of three civilizations embroiled in a galactic war, fighting for survival of your entire race against relentless foes. Your success will depend on your ability to manage your empire and command your vast fleets of starships to victory. Players will colonize new worlds, develop extensive trade networks, conduct research, fortify their empires with powerful starbases and fleets of ships, plus control the galaxy using the unique diplomacy system that reacts dynamically to the players’ actions.

New features of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion include:

• New Factions: Players decide whether to become Loyalists or Rebels, which unlocks a unique new tech tree granting them new technologies and ship variants.
  • New Titan-class ships:  Massive warships for each race that dwarf capital ships, these deadly new monsters are capable of wiping out entire enemy fleets single-handedly.
  • New Capital Ships:  A new capital ship class arrives, giving players new strategic options.
  • New Corvette-class ships:  Small, highly maneuverable light ships that are adept at a variety of tasks.
  • Loyalist and Rebel versions of some of the existing Sins’ frigates and cruisers, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
  • Updated lighting and particle effects for enhanced visuals.
  • New Victory Conditions to allow for more variety, differing strategies and shorter game sessions.
  • Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
  • Impulse::Reactor support for chat, friends, achievements and more.

For more information please visit: http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com

logo_Sins_Rebellion

447 Replies +6
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 1, 2011 12:35:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think I can speak for all of us when I say;

YEEEEEEES!

March 1, 2011 12:38:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is fcking awesome 

March 1, 2011 12:43:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Titan Shippppsss! FTW. can't wait. Plz come out on time!

March 1, 2011 12:47:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Holy crap insta want. Diplomacy was kinda meh, this sounds amazing.

March 1, 2011 12:49:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesomesauce, with 100% more awesome! And sauce. This'll be fun.

So.. when's the beta test?

March 1, 2011 12:51:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want TEH PLANETKILLERZ!!!!! And show us some screens, this thread is useless without screens

March 1, 2011 12:56:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are we finally going to find out what the Vasari are running from?  

March 1, 2011 1:00:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Muwahahahahaah!  It will be mine...oh yes---it will be mine.

Man, this game should sooo become an MMO.

Errr...tell me he isn't spoofing us.

March 1, 2011 1:07:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OMfg need release date NOW

March 1, 2011 1:17:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Also, we demand screenshots. Like this.

TEC Titan?

March 1, 2011 1:51:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

holy fracking crap!  I WANT IT NOW!!

March 1, 2011 1:52:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just realzied too that I've been seeing that emblem in game on minor faction ships a lot.  They attack a lot.

March 1, 2011 1:55:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

DUUUUUUUDE!!

YEEESSSSS.

trinity's  "experiance the complete sins" is a LIEEE!@!!!1 "

REFRESHED VISUALS! MULTIPLAYER UPDATES!!! OMG OGM OMG!!!11

BIG ARSE MOFO SHIPS OF DOOM!!!1  I CANT FRIGGING BREATH!11

March 1, 2011 2:03:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Bazkur,
I just realzied too that I've been seeing that emblem in game on minor faction ships a lot.  They attack a lot.
That'd be the ships spawned by TEC's Insurgency tech.

March 1, 2011 2:06:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ehh, since this is standalone, can we call this sins 1.5, I guess?

March 1, 2011 2:18:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Since this is a bigger expansion, is there going to be any work done on multithreading? Trinity on a big map can bring a single core on my i7 to its knees while the others are bored, let's spread the fun!

March 1, 2011 2:20:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Realy      I CAN`T WAIT   

thats so fu.......ng awasome

THX Guys for this gift!  

March 1, 2011 2:30:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
ehh, since this is standalone, can we call this sins 1.5, I guess?

Nah, it will be released as Sins of a Solar Empire Tetrad combining all four of the great expansions into one box set....

Then you can explain how neither Trinity or Tetrad are the actual game and they instead have the original game to play plus Entrenchment which contains the base game and Diplomacy wihich contains Entrenchment + base game and Rebellion which is a new exapansion which contains some of the stuff from the first three games

Now that I think about... I like 1.5

March 1, 2011 3:11:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YEEEAAAHHHHHH, This has made my day.

March 1, 2011 3:14:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting FlyingNinja77,
OMfg need release date NOW

From one of the articles about Rebellion...

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is expected to be released in late 2011; however a Stardock representative told us the company is taking the "done when it's done" approach to development.

March 1, 2011 3:24:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sweet, cant wait, any screenshots for the new titan class ships?

March 1, 2011 3:36:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nice Screen shot...where did it come from?

What's the release date on this?

March 1, 2011 3:48:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
Awesomesauce, with 100% more awesome! And sauce. This'll be fun.

So.. when's the beta test?

This ^

March 1, 2011 3:56:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So will this have all previous Sins expansions "bundled in", or is it standalone in the way that Dawn of War expansions are usually handled... i.e., you can play with the features/components/factions of what you have purchased?  Or is this basically Sins2 and is a whole different game?

March 1, 2011 4:01:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I hope HOPE there is a faction of Vasari that is anti slavery and views the inhabitants of the galaxy as equals, worthy of respect.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001062   Page Render Time: