Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Rebellion new info?

By on May 22, 2011 4:10:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

CaptainPlanet

Join Date 10/2008
+1

Hello Stardock/Ironclad

Can you guys release some more information about sins rebellion please. I don't care what it is, it can be a snippet of a pic of the arse end of a titan for all I care, but I just find it highly disappointing that some of the other games I am following (Sword of the stars 2, Witcher 2) are constantly releasing new information every 1-2 weeks, while every time I check up on this game I am hugely let down. Please don't get me wrong, don't rush the game or anything, just keeping the fans in the dark for months on end is extremely frustrating on our end, and very unprofessional on your end:P Take Ubisofts upcoming game Heroes of Might and Magic 6 for example, they have been highly involved with their community from the very first announcement of the game and have even had a 'pic-of-the-day' thread on their forums where each day they released a new pic from the upcoming game, thus giving us fans many interesting points of discussion and giving them valuable feedback on the game and its direction. I hope this is not all too much to ask, but the lack of interaction is really becoming too much to take.

Yours Sincerely

Frustrated fan

Locked Post 146 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 22, 2011 11:31:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It would be nice.

Please?

May 22, 2011 11:59:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YES   I and all Sins fans of the World will be more infos about Rebellion! 

PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE Ironclad and Stardock PPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE    

May 22, 2011 1:54:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All I'd like to know is whether Rebellion is another expansion, or a seperate game.  Anything else is gravy for me(I'm just getting back into Diplomacy on my new computer anyway so I am adequately distracted for now.)

-Twilight Storm

May 22, 2011 3:24:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Twilight_Storm,
All I'd like to know is whether Rebellion is another expansion, or a seperate game.  Anything else is gravy for me(I'm just getting back into Diplomacy on my new computer anyway so I am adequately distracted for now.)

-Twilight Storm

From what i gather it is a 'standalone' expansion to the series, ie. it will have all the content from sins original, entrenchment and diplomacy as well as rebellion itself, so new players to sins can pick this up without being forced into buying all the previous content. However it is a more standard sized expansion compared to other games and not a micro-expansion like entrenchment and siplomacy. 

But overall I think I'd have prefered if they had anounced the game later this year, than telling us now and keeping us in the dark for so long

May 22, 2011 6:05:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We know that, but I think what many people are wondering is whether they'd be able to load up Vanilla, Entrenchment, or Diplomacy separately if they only buy Rebellion.

May 22, 2011 6:42:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting DirtySanchezz,
We know that, but I think what many people are wondering is whether they'd be able to load up Vanilla, Entrenchment, or Diplomacy separately if they only buy Rebellion.

While my statement is only my personal opinion I would speculate that if you purchase Rebellion you would ONLY be able to play Rebellion. Having a single game build without other versions will likely allow IC / SD to improve the efficiency as well as reduce overall system load. It also allows for things to become less complicated from a coding perspective I suspect.

May 22, 2011 8:45:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"There will be rebels."

May 22, 2011 8:53:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
"There will be rebels."

"there will be planets. and ships... and buildings."

come on. 

May 22, 2011 8:56:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I claim my post is an official statement from SD, though.

May 22, 2011 8:59:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Seems how we are all stating the obvious.

There will be

TITANS!

May 23, 2011 10:17:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

More info will start to flow next month.

May 23, 2011 11:03:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

At E3?

May 23, 2011 12:27:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

info ...

May 23, 2011 1:20:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

And how are we supposed to wait for so long? 

May 23, 2011 2:59:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,

Excellent sir I shall return your polite wink... and also hold your statement as legally binding however this 'flow' of information which you mention starting next month had better be a mighty river of flowing excitement showering us all with wonderful Spacey goodness, and it had better start early ie you have just over a week till the new month. 

DO NOT DISAPPOINT US!!!...... we are always watching

June 7, 2011 12:49:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Kitkun, is that profile pic the cat-race from Star Control?? I can't remember what they are called >.< ! If so, blast from the past

June 7, 2011 1:18:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Info!?  

June 7, 2011 5:13:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do not fail me Commander Yarlen.  I will see you in the coming month.  I want Rebellion and I want it alive!

June 7, 2011 4:55:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

no teaser yet?

June 7, 2011 7:46:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
Do not fail me Commander Yarlen.  I will see you in the coming month.  I want Rebellion and I want it alive!

No disintegrations!

June 8, 2011 12:53:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

June 8, 2011 1:53:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, this topic isn't going anywhere anyways, so...

Quoting Itharus,
Kitkun, is that profile pic the cat-race from Star Control?? I can't remember what they are called >.< ! If so, blast from the past

It's Miyu from the unreleased (And amazingly awesome) StarFox 2.

June 8, 2011 5:36:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,

June 10, 2011 11:26:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anyone else fed up with the lack of info? Be honest.

June 10, 2011 11:30:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting bluesuns,
Anyone else fed up with the lack of info? Be honest.
Stop trolling already.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time: