Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

aiRetreatThreshold: What Does It Do?

By on June 30, 2011 9:09:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SpardaSon21

Join Date 04/2008
+65

Has anyone tried modding this entry in Gameplay.constants to see what the results are?  Does anyone know what it does?  The 7DS team is trying to get the AI to hold its ground longer and not retreat as soon as a player fleet jumps in, so any input on how this feature works would be welcome.

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 30, 2011 9:53:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think if you make this value close to 1 AI will flee easily a battle as soon as you have a good fleet. If this value is close to 0 the AI will fight until death.

I'm not 100% sure so wait for other answers to confirm.

June 30, 2011 11:09:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I reduced it to .15 and the AI seems to fight reasonably well. It is a multiplier on strength checking I think. How exactly it checks strength I'm not quite sure, but it probably looks at DPS numbers or damage values in particular. The difference between .15 and .25 is enormous in my mod. However, the AI is still stupid enough to avoid attacking sometimes even when they have a major advantage.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: