Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Free Karma to answer advent question..

By on July 4, 2011 6:44:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

StatusIpod

Join Date 06/2011
+1

I don't like playing as advent in multiplayer games.. guess why? Best guesses win karma?

<following guesses dont count: Cos u suck, Cos u r a noob, Cos advent dont like u etc etc>

Locked Post 88 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2011 6:53:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The hot babe voices 

July 4, 2011 2:17:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lol, no

July 4, 2011 2:28:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

July 4, 2011 5:49:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TEC and Vasari kssing up in the tree!

K..I..SSS..SSSSSS.............ING

(whoa, that's an ugly thought)

July 4, 2011 9:42:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Advent has relatively weak and inflexible openers, leaving them vulnerable to a well-played pressure game.  Their capital ships are all-important to them, but die relatively easily to Assailants and Javelis, and they lack a solid answer to these unit types in the early-game.  Their strong late-game synergies are largely negated by Vasari's phase missiles and TEC's overwhelming economic and military muscle.

They're still a very graceful faction, but you need to play them practically perfectly just to be competitive with the typical gameplay you see from skilled TEC and Vasari players.

July 4, 2011 10:21:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

advent has almost no ability to beat starbases?

July 5, 2011 12:34:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Besides the brute force approaches of lots of bombers or destras with guardian/progen (the latter of which is just asking to take a boom-base to the face), not too much.

July 5, 2011 12:27:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Since Darvin3 has hit upon the military aspects, I suppose that I shall hazard a guess concerning the economics of the fashion; they stink.  The TEC has, of course, the best economics, while the Vasari possesses a decent gathering ability for all three resources and nice enough technologies to accompany it.  I personally tend to struggle the most with the Advent's economy.  It takes several upgrades to start acquiring significant amounts of resources, and even after most or all resource techs are researched, the Advent still do not generate enough resources to field a powerful navy, aggressively pursue new techs, improve planets, or construct adequate defenses.  Is this why you do not like them?  In a multiplayer game, the weak economy would be a major setback.

Personally, I don't like them because the narrator voice is creepy and their ships don't look very cool! 

July 5, 2011 12:48:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Even though I am a TEC player, I wouldn't mind if we went back to Illum spam, it would definitely make the Advent popular again. 

July 5, 2011 1:23:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KerrdogJ,
Personally, I don't like them because the narrator voice is creepy and their ships don't look very cool!

To me they have my favorite of both.

July 5, 2011 2:58:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*Chuckle* Sorry GoaFan77 - I didn't realize that they were your favorite in both areas! 

I always thought that the TEC had the coolest-looking ships and the best narrator.  Maybe it's because I'm partial to Earthlings. 

July 5, 2011 4:49:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Advent sucks. Do I win?

July 5, 2011 6:31:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KerrdogJ,
I always thought that the TEC had the coolest-looking ships and the best narrator.

Well someone has to like the Tank in space concept (the Kodiak probably gets the most ugly ship hate). I do like the fact that they made their capitalships look like converted freighters though.

July 5, 2011 7:57:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think I like the Vasari ship designs best overall.
Thing about the Advent is, I just can't get behind the Space Starfish. It seems SO out of place for the Advent!

July 6, 2011 12:08:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I hear you GoaFan77!  The Kodiak is about half-ugly; no argument there!  I always thought that it looked like a semi-trailer with rocket engines strapped on it; I like your tank picture better though! 

My three favorites, as far as looks go, are the Jevelin, Akkan, and Sova.  I'm not sure exactly why, but these three really appeal to me.  The converted freighter look of the Dunov is pretty cool too.

@flannicus90:  Haw, haw, haw!  I know exactly what you mean!  Whenever I see the starfish coming for me, I start laughing.  I can't take them seriously as a threat; they look too ridiculous!  Death by Starfish - Yeah, riiiiiiight..... 

I do like the Vasari ships though.  The Kortul and the Evacuator are my favorites in terms of appearance.  I think that it's cool how they make the Evacuator look like an actual floating city!

July 6, 2011 12:13:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Kodiak is a dump truck, but I like it. Sova's so ugly that I hate building them, though.

My favorite has to be the Radiance.

July 6, 2011 12:21:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Kol is extremely iconic. I like it.

Argonev SB look like giant mayan temples in space. This makes them look seriously more solid and immovable than an Orky or a Transcencia.

July 6, 2011 9:39:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Kortul and Halcyon are probably my favourite capital ships aesthetic-wise.

July 7, 2011 10:51:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, who wins the karma?

Love the dump truck description Kitkun; the Kodiak is definitely an ugly beast! 

July 7, 2011 10:56:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Try insulting them as they blow your capital ships away.

July 7, 2011 12:25:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
Try insulting them as they blow your capital ships away.

*Chuckle*  You're barking up the wrong tree KrdaxDrkrun!  My favorite faction is the TEC, and Kodiaks are my primary workhorses once I research their tech!  Even though I love them and use them avidly, it still doesn't mitigate the fact that they are one of the ugliest ships in the game.  I will admit, however, that the ugliness is kind of cool; kind of a paradox, I know, but for some reason their boxy form appeals to me. 

July 7, 2011 12:36:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It fits, they are small planetoid destruction workhorses outfitted with large weaponry and insanely powerful short range engines.

July 7, 2011 12:46:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KerrdogJ,
Love the dump truck description Kitkun; the Kodiak is definitely an ugly beast! 
Oh, that's not me. Someone once asked the designer what inspired it, because it looked like a dump truck. The answer? A dump truck.

July 7, 2011 3:18:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You don't play advent in MP because you have no karma.

Now give me my karma  .

July 7, 2011 6:03:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Patience people, you'll get your karma,,,

What would u guys change or delete from the hostility tree or what is needed in the harmony tree?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time: