Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment
Locked Post 42 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 6, 2011 11:04:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Reference Files

Sins of a Solar Empire - Reference Files

July 6, 2011 3:31:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Maybe the owner of the post could be changed to you?

At-least we have a new modding post stickied, though some of the others should still be removed.

July 6, 2011 9:17:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He's been stickied.  Oooh!

July 7, 2011 12:30:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome, my question inspired this!

August 8, 2011 8:38:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I added a pile of videos and new links to soase.weebly.com/xsi-tutorials.html and updated soase.weebly.com/texturing.html. I will add more to the texturing page soon.

Also started a new page soase.weebly.com/create-intro-movie.html but it's just a WIP for now.

The hits to the weebly have over doubled recently. 

August 8, 2011 10:12:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks!

I am starting on texturing and I was wondering where the tutorial videos had gone.

August 16, 2011 12:28:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quick modding question,i made some mods to my sins game,Trinity,put the mods in the right path,the mod shows up,but when i enable it and click apply changes,it freezes and i cant do anything except restart my comp,what am i doing wrong?do i jsut have to wait hours for it to turn on?i made changes to a race and the races ships/fighters,but i cant play them becuase the game freezes,i cant even ctrl + esc to get out of it,...so what did  do wrong?i folowed the tutorial that came with Forge Tools 3...the 3rd one,the modding sins one,help me anyone?

I know this is a long post,i've been told i take a while to get to my point

August 16, 2011 12:33:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You have experienced the bane of any modder's existence.

THE MINI-DUMP!!!!

The game will run a pre-play compile and then reboot with the mod enabled, whenever you install a mod.

You get a mini-dump when a number of things happen:

The compile of your mod failed. (This is your problem, to fix, try running the game in the dev.exe to see what is wrong.)

The game ran out of memory.

An asset has somehow become corrupted. (rare problem)

As I said, run your mod in the dev.exe, located in the Program Files/Stardock Games/Sins of a Solar Empire directory, and the game will post little windows that will tell you what your problem is.

Post the results somewhere. We can help you with them.

August 16, 2011 12:34:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Any number of things can be wrong. From using old data files (which come with Forge Tools 3) to a mere grammatical error like a letter not capitalized right or a space being off (most annoying and difficult to find). Quite frankly we don't have enough info to help you.

Quoting Deathra,
I know this is a long post,i've been told i take a while to get to my point

In others words, post not long enough.

August 16, 2011 1:14:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Quite frankly we don't have enough info to help you.

In others words, post not long enough.

Well...one thing i changed was the Advent battleship,i changed every detail and i wanted to see if i could make it bombard planets with the Vasari beam weapon bombardment,so i changed every thing to be the same as the vasri battleships beam bombardment weapon

I also changed the Advent race to only use the Advent Battleship(wich was a part of the tutorial with Forge Tools 3)

I changed the Advents fighters to have more fighters per squadron(bomber and combat) and changed there damage,i also changed the burst amount for the combat fighter with its lasers(i did the same for the battleship's lasers and plasmas)

I also changed the Advents beam defense to have increase power and shields with shield regen and i changed it range(i did the same for the battleship,changed hull,shields,attack power and range)

I left the rest of the stuff in the Game Info folder alone,oh i also didnt take them out of the Game Info folder,i left them in the folder and put them in the mod folder,i hope this helped for you to help me...

August 16, 2011 1:17:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,

As I said, run your mod in the dev.exe, located in the Program Files/Stardock Games/Sins of a Solar Empire directory, and the game will post little windows that will tell you what your problem is.

Post the results somewhere. We can help you with them.

I'll do that...

Ok,i went in,enabled the mod and click apply and this is what first popped up...

Text FileArchive missing Label.

File: C:\Users\kim\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Diplomacy v1.31\01 - Powerfull Advent\GameInfo\Gameplay.constants
Label: considerBeingBombedTimeForHealthRegen
Line Number:31
Line Contents:  nearPlacementDistOffset 0

August 16, 2011 1:35:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Messages like that typically mean you improperly added or deleted a line. The game engine follows the file in order and looks for a specific line at a specific spot.

There are spots you can add or remove sections but they always have counts to change.

Or you are using old reference files. I think the Gameplay.constants is text and can be gotten from 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Sins of a Solar Empire\Diplomacy\GameInfo\Gameplay.constants

You can learn to Convert Data or harpo has a Dip 1.31 already converted and there are community made programs to help as well.

August 16, 2011 2:12:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Messages like that typically mean you improperly added or deleted a line. The game engine follows the file in order and looks for a specific line at a specific spot. 

I didnt touch the Gameplay.constants thing though

Could it just be outdated?

(Using the Game Info folder from the Forge Tools 3 Reference Data)

August 16, 2011 2:25:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Those reference files are crap  .

Make or get a new set that is updated for what version you are using and start over. Thank Ironclad and Stardock for the waste of time.

Dip is now at 1.32 so harpos might not yet be updated.

August 16, 2011 2:27:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

No wonder you got a minidump.

The Forgetools Ref files are outdated and don't work.

Use the ref files from the Soase Weebly, they won't crash your game.

August 16, 2011 2:32:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Soase Weebly reference files are also not updated or I would have supplied a link. 

With all the recent updates it best to learn  Convert Data 

August 16, 2011 2:55:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They work for me.

Oh wait, I don't have a computer.

August 16, 2011 3:16:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Any number of things can be wrong. From using old data files (which come with Forge Tools 3)

Quoting Deathra,

Quoting myfist0, reply 12Messages like that typically mean you improperly added or deleted a line. The game engine follows the file in order and looks for a specific line at a specific spot. 

I didnt touch the Gameplay.constants thing though

Could it just be outdated?

(Using the Game Info folder from the Forge Tools 3 Reference Data)

Like I said.

August 17, 2011 4:58:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Dip is now at 1.32 so harpos might not yet be updated.

He is... http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/378266 ... don't forget to say "thank you Harpo"...

August 17, 2011 6:33:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Might explain why theres 2k+ lines messed up...i cant get out of it -.-"

Sooo...i need to convert the data?All files are outdated eh?

Guess i need to look up a How To on converting data

And update my game..tis' 1.31

August 18, 2011 2:38:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Deathra,
Sooo...i need to convert the data?All files are outdated eh?

Most files are out of date. You would have to go thru all the change logs or one hell of a lot of testing to figure out whats updated.

Org sins requires all the reference files but Ent and Dip uses a manifest system which means only the files that you want to change need to be added to the mod. If you want to add a ship you will need to add an ship.entity so you then also add the entity.manifest to your mod and add the ships new entity name to the entity.manifest list and add +1 to the count. 

Convert Data

Your best off to update then start modding.

October 10, 2011 4:54:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Another very useful post Goafan's 

Annotated Guide to the Developer.exe

January 4, 2012 4:09:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I made a mod to Sins Trinity,I made several cap ships and some reg ships more powerfull/have more health/fire more shots and i made the Advent Caps have a Siege Laser instead of the missiles/bombs to make it better,i felt they should have lasers and leave the bombs to the humans.I activiated the mod,after a small delay,it seemed to of activated,but nothing has changed,i used updated files from Entrenchment,nothing changed,i should notice a difference in health on the Caps,nothing,shouldnt i notice?Either way,help?What am i doing wrong?

January 4, 2012 4:17:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Deathra,
I made a mod to Sins Trinity,I made several cap ships and some reg ships more powerfull/have more health/fire more shots and i made the Advent Caps have a Siege Laser instead of the missiles/bombs to make it better,i felt they should have lasers and leave the bombs to the humans.I activiated the mod,after a small delay,it seemed to of activated,but nothing has changed,i used updated files from Entrenchment,nothing changed,i should notice a difference in health on the Caps,nothing,shouldnt i notice?Either way,help?What am i doing wrong?

What is your checksum? If its zero you probably have extra folders or you misspelled your GameInfo folder (not gameinfo).

January 4, 2012 4:37:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tbh,i'm not sure,i havnt played the game in a while,but,what is the checksum?is it on the mods page of the game?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002000   Page Render Time: