Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[Mod] Mad Scientist

By on July 22, 2011 7:59:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MadScientis...

Join Date 07/2011

-=Mad Scientist Mod=-

These versions are similar to the entrenchment 1.03 version, only updated with the diplomacy stuff.  The only new addition outside of the core game updates is Total Effects by KrdaxDrkrun.

For Diplomacy 1.21

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc20423/n/Mad_Scientist_(Diplomacy_1.21).rar

For Diplomacy 1.31 - 1.34

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc8ef67/n/Mad_Scientist_(Diplomacy_1.31).rar

(Harpo's dropbox link): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8023186/sins%20mods/Mad%20Scientist%20(Diplomacy%201.31).rar

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/sins_mods/144/

I'm no longer modding Sins with Rebellion requiring Steam, so should anyone like to take over this mod and this account, send me a message for the info.

-Stant123

For more detailed info check the original thread:
http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/328126/

Locked Post 53 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 22, 2011 10:11:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome Stant 

July 22, 2011 10:20:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Coolness, the first mod (as far as I know) that uses my mod.

July 22, 2011 12:00:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I kind of figured with 18 downloads of 1.21 in a two week time frame for a mod as old and out of date as this one was...  It deserved a new thread.

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
Coolness, the first mod (as far as I know) that uses my mod.

Yeah, btw, the icon is linked to your photobucket account, so if you want to change the look again, just give the new image the same name and it'll change over here too.  Clicking on it also takes you to your thread...  Just in case you wanted to know.

July 22, 2011 12:36:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks.

July 22, 2011 2:53:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yippee...me wants teh be da mad scientestz!

July 22, 2011 3:31:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A favorite mod of mine.

July 22, 2011 6:30:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thanks stant.

harpo

July 22, 2011 9:58:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I cant figure out how to down load this off of the File site, is there another location to down load it from?

July 22, 2011 11:07:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting BloodDragoon,
I cant figure out how to down load this off of the File site, is there another location to down load it from?

Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Slow Download which is for free users. Enter the Capta phrase and press enter. It should take you to the top of the page with a 30 sec counter, when done go back to the bottom and press download.

Most free hosting sites all all the same. Better get used to it.

July 23, 2011 12:05:41 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi,  I am not sure if this is intentional or not, but the very first pirate wave had around 150 ships in it and I had no chance to defeat it.  No pillagers though, so I only lost orbital stuff.  The second one was similarly enhanced.  Didn't wait around for a third.

July 23, 2011 6:08:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I didn't change anything with the pirates between versions.  All I can say is it's because of the random options.  I have no idea what it uses to decide how many ships to send.  The max fleet supply is set at 320 and the number the game sends far exceeds that.  So...  It's basically not playing by it's own rules.

Just to test it, I set the max supply at 100, leave the minimum at 1, set the game to quick start, and do nothing but send scouts out.  No building anything other then the scouts, no improving my planet, no expansions, no research, nothing...  I figure this should eliminate all of the other random things like planet juiciness, strength per planet, strength per cargo ship, and strength per bounty (which is zero at raid launch time) and here is what is sent after me:

30 cutthroats
4 Corsairs
47 Reapers
139 Rogues

Total supply used = 896

Roughly nine times the max, roughly nine hundred times the minimum which it should be using against me considering I have damn near nothing at raid launch.

Personally I think the whole random side of things is completely broken and will probably be switching it back to required in the future just to keep the numbers manageable.  At least there I can set the minimum to be 1 and the max to be something reasonable and still maintain varied numbers of ships.  Just my thoughts on it.

July 28, 2011 4:43:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Same with 7 Deadly Sins, we've set minSupply to 1, maxSupply to 220 and the AI sends some massively evil stuff at planets.

Basically, we've just settled that the pirates are evil sob's and cheating assholes.  Sorry we can't be more help.  PM Danman and see if he can help you out.

What are your fleetSupplyData settings like, could that be affecting things?

July 28, 2011 4:56:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Their first raid is set at .01, so assuming that means only 1/100th of the max fleet supply they still far surpass it.

It's not a problem I just switched things back to using the required numbers to control things instead of leaving the values random.  For instance, for raid level 0 the scout is required to send between 5 and 15.  It works out well enough since it picks randomly between 5 and 15 to send each time.  I just need to get in some good long games to get the threat level to go up and down to see if the numbers I have for each ship are adequate for each level.  Just haven't had the time to do that yet.

July 28, 2011 10:15:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Its a problem I also found with dealing with the pirates in DS. Annoying as hell.

July 28, 2011 11:06:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TEC Insurgency tech uses similar stuff. Anybody test that? (My system is dead atm.)

July 28, 2011 7:25:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As far as I can tell, Insurgency is working just fine.

September 11, 2011 8:22:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Any chance to get this updated to Diplomacy v1.32?  Alternately, I could take a look at updating it if you have a good resource on the changes between 1.31 and 1.32.  I realize it's a time committment further to the ones you already have.

This might be my favorite mod to play solo.

September 11, 2011 8:40:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting mortification8,
Alternately, I could take a look at updating it if you have a good resource on the changes between 1.31 and 1.32. I realize it's a time committment further to the ones you already have.

Have fun. I'd bet the files that got changed the most are the ones that Mad Scientists changes.

1.3 patch changes.

September 11, 2011 11:07:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks Goa but those are the 1.3 changes, I've already updated this mod to 1.31 past those changes.  Much of the stuff done in 1.32 that differs from 1.31 was fixed a while back I believe, but I could be wrong since I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it pulling everything apart.  The official changelog for 1.32 is here: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/411251  When I'm done working on Distant Stars I intend on taking a good long look at this mod and really fixing things up correctly since obviously, the whole diplomacy side was never touched being that this was an entrenchment mod.

Edit: Just something else to note, I played it a little bit, giving all three factions full research and let the game run and didn't crash, so as far as I know, there's no reason it needs to be updated to 1.32 unless someone is just bugged about the research costs and times not all being perfect and matching up.

September 11, 2011 11:53:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
Thanks Goa but those are the 1.3 changes, I've already updated this mod to 1.31 past those changes. Much of the stuff done in 1.32 that differs from 1.31 was fixed a while back I believe, but I could be wrong since I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it pulling everything apart.

Ah my apologies. I guess mortification didn't realize 1.32 was a very minor patch, so most mods should run okay (if with some string errors/differences) without updating.

September 12, 2011 3:16:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you use my mod, make sure that you only use the Explosionsdef and nothing else....

September 21, 2011 11:03:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!   Again...

This mod greatly enhanced my original Sins experience, I'm so happy it's back!   Thanks all!

January 19, 2012 8:37:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey guys, 

I'd really like to have a go at this mod. Looks amazing. Is it out for Diplomacy 1.34 ?

January 19, 2012 9:07:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting elvenkind,
I'd really like to have a go at this mod. Looks amazing. Is it out for Diplomacy 1.34

Not quite. Drop Stant123 a pm and see if he has something for it.

January 19, 2012 12:55:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd second that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001296   Page Render Time: