Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

10 hours in, uninstalled.

By on July 30, 2011 9:35:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Bobinator5000

Join Date 07/2011

1:  The installation process was not pleasant.  My first impression after seeing impact load: I have to install a piece of spy ware to get updates?  And then when I rebooted today, BAM!  Right on my desktop, an AD!  Lovely.  I have to waste my fucking time on this shit; msconfig, kill the startup process, and hey, it's set to remake that regkey whenever it's started t so I had to turn it off in the app and hope it stays turned off.

1:  Took me an hour to play through the tutorials, and afterwards, many questions were left unanswered.

2:  Went to go play some AI Games.  After restarting the game 10 times and wasting 8 hours, I got midway into it a few times and after bribing the pirates to the point that little bar (I have no idea what it does) was all the way over I got attacked by a capital ship that ate 10 missile frigates AND The pirates, simultaneously, who came out of nowhere.  Because you know, both the enemy and the pirates can ignore those warp lines in the game and garrisoning your fleet at a nexus planet does no good if they just want to rush by.  This reminds me of an old DOS game where you'd build an army and wax the enemies land with an army of 1 knight as they'd never had the ability to catch up.  It's also nice there appears to be no decent planetary defenses...

3:  Went online to see what I was doing wrong.  I have to learn this degree of complexity required just to play the AI?

4:  Played for 2 more hours, still failed. Did I mention how much I hate the user interface, how clunky it feels?  Seriously, you get 4 planets, and we really some massive a slider bar menu, WITH NO BACKING ON DARK COLORS, that takes up half the screen.  Didn't try upping the resolution but at that point I'd had it.

5:  Exited the game, Impact was not running.  A pop-under ad for Sins of a Solar Empire Expansions!  WTF?

6:  Uninstalled.  Game in trash.

Lesson:  This is the reason I don't spend more than $10 on a game.  I thought this guy had at LEAST a single player campaign I might like, but nope.  The combat wasn't even as good as home world.

Lesson for Devs:  Single player campaign; you can build deeply significant balance into a game, but FFS, if your learning curve resembles an asymptote, and your AI appears to play flawlessly from the get-go with no easy setting, what do you expect?

Locked Post 25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 30, 2011 10:16:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Man if you didn't like Impulse you must abhor Steam. Impulse does very little to the main system and when done being used can be flushed with ease.

Seems you wanted a quick easy game. Try Serious Sam, point gun pull trigger rinse and repeat. This game requires a brain cell or two.

Make your own campaigns, most of us do. Though that requires three brain cells. Maybe too much for you.

6: Uninstalled. Game in trash.

Good you don't deserve it.

July 30, 2011 10:20:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have to agree, you don't deserve this game. Do us all a favor, leave it in the fucking trash, forget your username and password for this site, don't come around here again and have a great day.

July 30, 2011 11:07:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

help somebody is attacking my video game on the internet

July 30, 2011 11:20:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My first impression after seeing impact load: I have to install a piece of spy ware to get updates?

Impulse is significantly better than most of the digital distribution platforms out there right now.  You don't need to have it running to play the game, so you only need to run it when you need to update and can keep it off the rest of the time.

I agree it's annoying when an application decides that it should run at start-up, but Impulse at least has the courtesy to have an option to disable that.  It's under "preferences", and is one of the first check-boxes on the list. 

1:  Took me an hour to play through the tutorials, and afterwards, many questions were left unanswered.

Agreed; the tutorial isn't very good.  The steep learning curve and lack of supporting material is a big problem for this game.

and after bribing the pirates to the point that little bar (I have no idea what it does) was all the way over

The bar is a timer until the next pirate raid, and is unaffected by the amount of bounty you place.  Bounty is depleted every time the "victim" loses a unit, so placing bounty when the timer is low is completely pointless since it will deplete before the next raid launches.  The general strategy is to place either nothing on the pirates or bid high at the exact moment the raid is about to launch.  It's a winner take all bid, so either go all-in or fold.

I highly recommend that beginners turn pirates off while they learn the game.  The raids are a little on the strong side when you're still figuring out the game, and they distract from learning the basics of empire and fleet management.

I got attacked by a capital ship that ate 10 missile frigates AND The pirates, simultaneously, who came out of nowhere

Unless you're right next to the pirate base, nothing comes out of nowhere.  Everything in this game moves relatively slowly, and it's all about planning and staying one step ahead.  Using scouts, you can spot enemies coming long before they arrive, and be prepared to repel them.  Intel is a huge deal.

Because you know, both the enemy and the pirates can ignore those warp lines

No they can't.  Keep in mind that unless you research the prerequisite tech, you cannot see them using the phase lane.

The only way to invade a planet without using phase lanes is with the Vasari superweapon - not something you see every day.

and garrisoning your fleet at a nexus planet does no good if they just want to rush by.

The AI will never pass through a planet you own, they'll always attack a front-line world (though human players are much more opportunistic).  If they were attacking a world, then they must have found an alternate approach.

The best way to defend yourself is with scouts; keep a wide net and try to find the enemy as early as possible.  Keep tabs on his position at all times and have your forces proactively in place to defend when he arrives (or better yet, attack him when he least expects it and throw off his momentum). 

This reminds me of an old DOS game where you'd build an army and wax the enemies land with an army of 1 knight as they'd never had the ability to catch up

These kinds of antics are very hard to pull off.  Structures and planets are quite tough and you need to commit substantial forces to bring them down.  It can take 3-4 minutes for a typical capital ship to bombard a planet into submission, giving you plenty of time to counter-attack even if you don't see them coming with your scouts.

It's also nice there appears to be no decent planetary defenses...

The starbase and repair platforms are both great.  The phase jump inhibitor makes for a great ambush.  The turret and hanger aren't as useful, and you're usually better off just leaving a frigate factory in position and building extra defenders to supplement your starbase if it gets attacked.

3:  Went online to see what I was doing wrong.  I have to learn this degree of complexity required just to play the AI?

There are a million and one guides about different aspects of this game, and some of those guides can get very deep into the game's mechanics.  You probably only need a small fraction of that info to get started against the normal difficulty AI.  Unfortunately, I still haven't seen a good "beginner's tutorial" that covers the basics succinctly.

Seriously, you get 4 planets, and we really some massive a slider bar menu

Even the smallest scenario has 8 gravity wells.  Large scenarios can have hundreds.  That empire tree gets very useful on the larger scenarios, though I agree it's not as worthwhile on the smaller ones. 

I think that must be a resolution issue, because the empire tree is very non-intrusive for me.

and your AI appears to play flawlessly from the get-go with no easy setting, what do you expect?

Difficulty is a nasty subject.  I wholloped the normal difficulty on my first try, other people can't bring down the easy AI (there is an easy difficulty) for lover money.  Actually getting an AI that scales appropriately for all players is extraordinarily difficult, and compounds the game's learning curve.  Once you figure the game out, the weaknesses of the lower difficulty AI's become apparent.  

I assure you that the AI is anything but flawless; it's actually slow, has poor spending priorities, and very easy to surprise.  At lower difficulties, it's very much pulling its punches and moving quite slowly.  However, it will eventually stop pulling and will deliver that punch, and if you aren't ready then you will lose at that point.

I have to agree, you don't deserve this game. Do us all a favor, leave it in the fucking trash, forget your username and password for this site, don't come around here again and have a great day.

Lose the trash talk.  Some people seriously do have a hard time with the game's difficulty curve.

July 30, 2011 11:44:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah and that makes it ok to bitch out the devs and say the game belongs in the trash? No it doesn't. He was an ass about it and frustration aside he could have just asked for help.

July 31, 2011 12:11:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He does sound pretty determined to hate on the game, but who can say if its legitimate rage or just a troll? Regardless its his loss that he's given up on such an awesome game.

July 31, 2011 12:18:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I will agree that the UI doesn't have the best learning curve, but it makes sense.  There is a setting btw to put a background on the empire tree.

Beyond that, you have to understand the basics of the game's mechanics.  

As for getting your fleet wiped by a capitalship like that...  With any sort of user intervention, that could have been prevented.  Long Range Missile Frigates typically can beat the crap out of capitals, but if you didn't build more given that you were under attack from two sources, that's your own fault.  They are also the longest ranged units in the game.  

And no, you don't have to be competitive on ICO against other humans to be good against AI.  I'm fine against unfair AI's, but would probably get my butt kicked by someone who plays online.  There are many ways to fail and many ways to win.  Also, if you were trying to fight even normal AI's in your first round of plays, that was bad on your part.  Watch some replays if you actually want to ever try the game again.

Oh, and just so you know, being disgruntled with a game does not give you permission to come online to the forums, rave, and spew profanity.  It does give you permission to calmly ask what you were doing wrong and how you can improve. 

As for things you were probably doing wrong...  Capital ships are powerful, but do not typically constitute the bulk of a fleet.  They shouldn't.  They are there for their abilities and not damage beyond the very early game.  Some abilities like the Marza Dreadnought's Missile Barrage are absolutely game changing once you acquire them.  Missile barrage for instance pounds every enemy ship within range with enough damage to kill most ships in the game.  Of course, the thing takes more than 30 seconds, which is plenty of time for a player to move his fleet away from it because the Marza can't move while using it.

Also, gauss defense platforms and orbital hangars are nice and can defend against a small fleet, but in the end, there is no replacement for a real fleet.  That said, in Entrenchment, an expansion of Sins, there are starbases which are far more powerful, but you are probably not even interested in this game, so why am I bothering with Entrenchment?  Anyways, ships themselves are far better than static defenses.  Static defenses should supplement your fleet when defending, not replace it.  The TEC especially have to obey this.  They have the best repair platform in the game by far.  It heals a huge amount of health over time and if you have three within range of each other, they can keep a fleet near them alive with ease.

Also, certain ships have combat bonuses towards other types.  For instance, Javelis Long Range Missile Frigates are extra-good against Cobalt Light Frigates.  For a better explanation of this, head to the strategy section of the forum and start looking.  I made a graphical one a year or so ago, but it is still accurate.  It should make more sense than the charts you'll find there as well.

Also, don't rush into research.  Research is expensive and often times, you could be doing better things like building your fleet.  Ideally, you should be expanding at about twice the rate of the AI.  Now, that may seem difficult now, but I assure you, it can be done.

Another critical point here is that you should always consider what the advantages to your fleet as a whole there are.  Kols are nigh unkillable, but do absolutely nothing aside from slaughter strikecraft (fighters and bombers).  Sova Carriers on the other hand are a great way to start a game that is close because of the varriance of its abilities.  It produces strikecraft, can pump out stationary missile turrets, can steal the income of an enemy planet (very very handy on Point Blank) and can increase the power of its strikecraft.

Also, Don't try to rush to colonize volcanic or ice worlds.  Those asteroids are nice, but if there is an asteroid nearby, grab it instead unless you have a sufficiently sized fleet and are ready to research.  Asteroids are easy to capture.  Two Cobalts is enough to wipe out the Cobalt and Krosov found above neutral asteroids.

Oh, and don't try to upgrade your planet in every manner possible.  Upgrade as needed, not just for the heck of it.  The starting order is almost imperative however:

1. Build 2-3 scouts (and send them on their merry ways exploring as soon as they are built)
  2. Capital Factory
  3. Asteroid Mines
  4. Population Upgrade/Weapon Research Lab (your choice).
  5. Build Capital
  6. Scuttle Capital Factory
  7. Begin Expansion

I don't recall if vanilla Sins has quickstart or if that is only in Entrenchment and Diplomacy (another expansion), but quickstart does 1,2, and 3 for you.  They have to come first.  If they don't, you're already behind.

Let's go back to Point Blank again against an easy AI.  Do 1 through 4 and then build a Sova Carrier and a few cobalts and a colony frigate.  Build 1 fighter and two bombers and set the first ability to Embargo.  Launch two cobalts against your nearby asteroid and take the rest with your sova to attack the enemy planet (which is next door).  Embargo will give you a huge advantage because at this point, they are only getting income from one planet (as are you) and you are stealing their already low income.  This will handicap them and enable you to build more.  Send the fighters after the construction frigates and the bombers after the factories.  They will probably have built a capital by now as well as a few light frigates (for the TEC, these are Cobalts).  Continue to fight, but don't forget about that asteroid which should probably be clear of enemy ships right about now.  Send in your colony frigate to colonize and buy the first population upgrade (otherwise you'll actually receive negative tax revenue which could have been a mistake you were making) and the asteroid mines.  Then build another Cobalt or two and send them to the asteroid to link up with the one that survived the battle from earlier.  Send these through the star's gravity well and start harassing the enemy's asteroid (if they haven't colonized it yet, they will soon).  Do as much damage to structures as you can, especially construction frigates.  Without them, the enemy can't build anything to defend themselves against your ships.  Also, every structure you destroy is resources down the drain for them.  If you can keep up the attack on both fronts (their homeworld should be the main front since it is the one giving them the most income while the asteroid is just to keep them from getting the upper hand.

Eventually, you should wipe out their fleet and asteroid, leaving their factories wide open.  Destroy them, and they are doomed.  With neither construction frigates nor factories, you cannot win.  Press the attack and bomb their planet with their sova and send the rest of your fleet to attack the constructors when they respawn.

Hopefully that'll help, but I think in your case, you just chose to rant for a few minutes and make a bunch of people mad whereas I took quite a while to write all this...  More than you deserve, but hopefully you'll understand my point and be more mature.  If not in Sins, at least in life as a whole.

July 31, 2011 12:22:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

^ Nicely put. I'm sure we all had a difficult time starting out with Sins and if he needed help all he had to do was spend half the time he did in that first post to simply ask for help.

July 31, 2011 4:49:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Volt_Cruelerz,
Also, don't rush into research.  Research is expensive and often times, you could be doing better things like building your fleet.  Ideally, you should be expanding at about twice the rate of the AI.  Now, that may seem difficult now, but I assure you, it can be done.

Well, the real fun with Sins is that there are numerous road to victory...

In my own case, expending is not a priority... economy is...

Expanding too fast and you have planets who make wormhole in your budget... against AI, it is not rare that i end up with only 5 planet when AI have 50 planet... but these 5 planet are generating a lot of money/cristal/metal, allowing to build good defense, capitalship where hull is stronger that paper and weapons are more in line to be called Terminator...

These 5 planet are my fort knox... and at a later stage, once some research are done, i build a huge fleet who steam roll the AI...

Well, like i said, these are numerous way to win ( and to loose )... and each player need to find his own personal way... it is now 3 year that i play these game and i always learn new strategy...

The 10 hours play from these guy is not enough for know only the basic of the game... i have plenty of other game where you learn everything in 1 hours and finish the game in less that 50 hours... but sins have a more complex learning curve good for hundreds of playing hours... more playtime once you begin use mod ( they are numerous ) who ask you to adapt your strategy... or online play who add the human factor ( unexpected move, betrayal, lie, trap, etc )...

As for the original poster, this game is a RTS game... in FPS game, the "S" mean "Shooter" but in RTS, the "S" mean "Strategy"...

July 31, 2011 1:13:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This game is great at sorting people.  People with no patience are weeded out as quick as you can say "uninstall".  OP, consider yourself sorted into the "I have to think hard, and it hurts" category.

If you want to take out some rage on me, feel free, my ICO name is Carpetbomb.  I'll make you want to uninstall the game again.

July 31, 2011 3:38:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

July 31, 2011 3:41:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This body builder could probably beat the easy AI.

Bobinator5000....  

July 31, 2011 4:32:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sareth01,
This game is great at sorting people. People with no patience are weeded out as quick as you can say "uninstall". OP, consider yourself sorted into the "I have to think hard, and it hurts" category.

If you want to take out some rage on me, feel free, my ICO name is Carpetbomb. I'll make you want to uninstall the game again.

You summed it up perfectly. 

Also, to the OP, you really should have gotten Trinity.  Orignial Sins has not been updated for a LONG TIME.  Diplomacy is still getting updates.

July 31, 2011 4:53:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1:  The installation ...

1:  Took me an hour ...

Fail

1:  The installation process was not pleasant.  My first impression after seeing impact load: I have to install a piece of spy ware to get updates?  And then when I rebooted today, BAM!  Right on my desktop, an AD!  Lovely.  I have to waste my fucking time on this shit; msconfig, kill the startup process, and hey, it's set to remake that regkey whenever it's started t so I had to turn it off in the app and hope it stays turned off.

Actually I do not get what your problem is. Impulse is like a light version of steam with even less "I AM GOING INSANE!! WTF IS THAT!!" stuff. I NEVER EVER had problems like that, it is more likely that you are the problem. I am saying this to help you, visit a computer course for beginners and then for "experts" to get to know your pc.

THERE are settings in impulse to stop the startuploading of Impulse. Start Impulse, click on the top left button, click on Impulse Settings, there you will see(on the right) "Load Impulse on Startup", uncheck it, finish.

Well, most ppl cry about how lame the AI in other games is and you are blaming this AI for being toooooo good .

Ironclad your AI must be the most advanced AI atm, NICE WORK !!!

4:  Played for 2 more hours, still failed. Did I mention how much I hate the user interface, how clunky it feels?  Seriously, you get 4 planets, and we really some massive a slider bar menu, WITH NO BACKING ON DARK COLORS, that takes up half the screen.  Didn't try upping the resolution but at that point I'd had it.

Okay you are blaming others because you did not want to look/use at the game settings. And you did not want to ask the ppl here for help but you complain about not getting help? Oh come on now I really know that you are a troll.

July 31, 2011 4:58:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Saying that this game is too hard for you... haha! Homeworld is much harder and more complicated!

July 31, 2011 5:03:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,
My first impression after seeing impact load: I have to install a piece of spy ware to get updates?  And then when I rebooted today, BAM!  Right on my desktop, an AD!  Lovely.  I have to waste my fucking time on this shit; msconfig, kill the startup process, and hey, it's set to remake that regkey whenever it's started t so I had to turn it off in the app and hope it stays turned off.

i've been using Impulse for years and it never gave me ads...

July 31, 2011 6:19:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I had a very similar reaction to Sins the first time I installed it. I dont think it lasted on my computer more than a day or two. Sins isnt as good as some people make it out to be..but it does a good job of being warcraft 3 in space and its pretty fun and challenging when you figure things out. The planet list ui deff turned me off but now that I've used it fro a while its really fairly elegant. And i think we all agree the tutorials are useless. I would suggest upgrading to entrenchment since it added tech and the like which you really need for a complete game. Give these links a read too and pick up one of the mods that add planets types since that really spices things up.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/402276

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/374670

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/319926

I've had impulse pop up an add or two..cant remember the situations though..still its much lesser evil than Steam. Anyone who buys from Steam stabs the future of gaming in the back by supporting their practices. Now that Gamestop owns Impulse though you might want to look to Gamersgate/Paradox for your downloadable games.

July 31, 2011 6:27:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting cptgone,
i've been using Impulse for years and it never gave me ads...

Actually it gives me adds every day, but there is an option to disable them, I just haven't cared to. And its rather irrelevant since you can just uninstall it anyways.

July 31, 2011 8:49:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Aw Bobinator 5000, you've just got buyer's remorse! Leave it alone for a few days and try again. Then too, low blood sugar can do that to you. Go eat some doughnuts, some ice cream. Get a good night's sleep.

Impulse is a good doggie! You do not need it running to run the game, only to update. Disable the ads, won't see those again.

Meanwhile pay a visit to GoG. Might be a game over there you like, though most are older games. No copy protection or intruder ware with those games. Most are older games and most are hard! Be forewarned.

August 22, 2011 4:44:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Congrats. I'm wasting my first forum post on you.

1. ´╗┐Installation was a breeze for me. Not sure where you're getting that Impulse is spyware (though, I agree that GameStop has some very shady business practices...), but perhaps you should try something called an anti-virus program if you're worried about that kind of thing. Kaspersky or Norton work just fine. As far as ads, haven't seen any through Impulse. And it seriously took you an hour for the tutorials? Man, you ARE dense. But then again, I guess some of us have more than one electron to spark when it comes to brain power.

2. Huh? What IS this? I don't even... Maybe it's just me again, but I picked up this game pretty fast after playing the tuts and playing a few games. But no way did I restart 10 times while burning 8 hours. Seriously man, go read a book or something, build up your reasoning and thinking abilities. My dad's going senile and I think he could take you in a game of Sins.

3. Lemme guess, Aquia and SlowMotion a**-r**** you on your first time playing online? But really, if you're choking against the AI, what makes you think you can handle human players? Can I get DERP for 200, Alex? Despite what you've seen in the movies, AI is inferior to human intellect, and will be for at least the next 20 years.

4. The user interface is pretty nice, actually. Then again, I actually have a monitor that can handle it. You should really upgrade from 800x600. My 1920x1080 was pretty cheap. A nice ASUS, from Newegg. I assume you're an adult who works, and can afford such things. Otherwise, you might want to ask Santa for a new monitor this Christmas.

5. ...right, Impulse isn't like Steam, where you need it running to play the game. But, since you got an ad, I think Impulse got minimized to the tray and you were too raged out to check/remember. That, or you torrented the game, and someone slipped in some goodies. Should probably go get that anti-virus I suggested... And some therapy for that rage. Something else Santa might bring you!

6. Bummer. I wanted to bring you rage unlike anything you've felt before. Oh well, the rest of us shall enjoy the awesomeness that is Sins.

As far as your complaint of "no single player campaign", I'd suggest a number of games for you, but I'm afraid they're all above your level of intelligence. So sorry! Perhaps you should ask your mom about Peggle. That seems more your speed.

/rebuttal

trollface.jpg

August 22, 2011 6:08:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Its doubtful that Bobinator will ever read this forum again.  I guess he was hoping that he could whip the AI in his first couple of games which would make Sins pretty worthless if it were that easy and so lacking in strategy and tactics.  Simple mindless games like Team Fortress 2 where you get to wear funny hats might be more to his liking.  (I like TF2, but I have a hard time taking it seriously.)

August 22, 2011 6:42:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@ Dirty

Wait....what?  That was you I blew up in TF2 the other night?  hehe 

August 23, 2011 2:26:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting the_Monk,
Wait....what?  That was you I blew up in TF2 the other night?  hehe 

My TF2 name is "WHIPperSNAPper" and I tend to play on the Furry Pound servers.  (And, no, I'm not a furry, but my two cats like the name of the community.)  I even have sprays to advertise Sins Trinity and Rebellion.

August 23, 2011 12:46:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darvin3,
 lover money

The phrase is "love or money". 

As in, there is no possible means of accomplishing some thing, as neither love nor money will change the results. 

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/for_love_or_money

August 23, 2011 3:16:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Was this game suppose to be difficult?? I mean sure getting the economy up is hard.... this isn't Halo Wars were you can use one base and pump out 15 Grizzly tanks by the 10 minute mark and just steamroll the enemy.

I suppose Cap Ships are also rather expensive... much higher then any Warcraft ]|[ hero unit, but ultimately I think this guy doesn't know how to defend his planet!!!  

Also how are you losing in a Bribe Fight if your constantly bribing them.. you must be really damn poor 

I don't know how everyone else got the feel for this game.. but it clicked far to easily just mass lots of defense structures and put repair bays next to them then you gots a screen of weapons equivalent to a Starcraft Bunker entrenchment 

Until of course you get to the expansion pack Entrenchment.. then you need a giant Starbase and some Javlins and an Akkan Cap ship to make everything shoot 25% farther yea...... It only gets harder 

Glad you left before you went crying back to a flash game.... 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0005078   Page Render Time: