Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[SotC] Universal Race Relations

[help me out]

By on August 24, 2011 1:20:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

myfist0

Join Date 01/2010
+305

I figured out how to add as many races as I want to my m0d and only load the assets when the stackable race is applied.

Help me out with who should be allies and enemies with who please. You can click the link to that races table and copy the table to the post or any quick notes are also good. 

Advent
Amarr Empire
Ancients
Argon Federation
Asgard
Beast
Borg
Boron Kingdom
Caldari State
Cardassian
Centauri Republic
Colonial
Cylon
Dalek
Dominion
Earth Alliance
Galactic Empire
GTA
Gallente Federation
Goa'uld
Hiigaran
Khaak
Klingon  Empire
Kushan
Minbari Federation
Minmatar Republic
Narn Regime
Paranid Empire
Rebel Alliance
Romulan
Shadows
Shivan
Sivtherium Corp
Somtaaw
Split Dynasty
Starfleet
System Alliance
Taiidan

Tau'ri
TEC
Teladi
Vasari
Vasudan
Vaygr
Vorlon Empire
Wraith
Xenon

SoundMusic.sounddata for the Main M0d
musicThemeData for the Main M0d
SoundMusic.sounddata for the Add-ons
musicThemeData for the Add-ons

Add Races Change Log txt updated 8/26/11

Diplomacy_1.32_fixed_Particle Folder.7z

Reduced Mine Meshes by SivCorp

Blank Mesh Collection

Diplomats

purdyaw
noing
GoaFan
CPT_Rhino 
SpardaSon21 

[Leaked] Diplomatic Cables

Freespace Teamleader     

Gurkos Sounds

Locked Post 181 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 24, 2011 1:32:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yea your missing the Hiigarans and the Vyger! This is a MUST!

Is this a Race ONLY mod. because that would be pretty cool. I like the Sins universe as it is and would love to just add new races.

Also, you should add the Rebal Alliance and the Imperial Navy.

I don't know half of those races but I did notice that the Borg have a natural liking to the Cylon and is Neutral with Darlek. Whats up with that? Every one knows that the Borg assimilate everything they posibly can and there mantra is "Resistance is futile!" IMO The borg should be hate all -2 and all should hate the borg -2 (why would you like someone that wants to destroy your race?).

I would like to here your thought on why you decided to make that set up.

August 24, 2011 1:41:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Leaked Diplomatic Cables

Quoting CPT_Rhino,
Every one knows that the Borg assimilate everything they posibly can and there mantra is "Resistance is futile!" IMO The borg should be hate all -2 and all should hate the borg -2 (why would you like someone that wants to destroy your race?).

Quoting GoaFan77,
I've always thought the Sith and Vasari would get along pretty well.

Quoting CPT_Rhino,
Advent

-TEC -1 or-2: They sent the Advent into exile.  
-I would suggest the most if not all of the +1’s and +2’s be moved to -1 or 0 column and move some -1’s to the +1’s or +2’s. This is because The Advent have a lot of Socially and morally unacceptable behavior that most cultures would condone. So some of the -1’s don’t have a lot of morality are the ones I would move to +1 or +2. And make the necessary corrections to the races that they like so it is a mutual relationship.

Ancients

-If I remember right this is from SG-1 and they don’t really harbor any dislike to many races. I would suggest that a lot of the Races be moved to a “0” Status and leave some like the “Borg or Cylon” in the -1 and -2’s. Races like the Borg and Cylon tend to be “evil” and the Ancients would frown on this behavior.

Asgard

-Same as ancients.

Klingon

-Vasari +1 or +2: Klingon, like the Vasari are a warring civilization and thus already have a commonality. I can see a Vasari and Klingon sharing battle stories over a good beer.

Romulan

-Advent 0 or +1: I can imagine the Romulan’s would appreciate some of the testing and research and morally questionable things that the Advent do.

Star Fleet

-Romulan -1: Star Fleet has created a special Neutral Zone with the Romulans because when ever their together there is some sort of conflict. Not -2 because Star Fleet is always open to better there relations.

Vasari

-Klingon +1 or +2: See Klingon

Quoting GoaFan77,
I'm not sure its right to classify the Vasari as a "warring" civilization exactly. From what I know the Klingon have the sort of honor through battle thing going on. The Vasari are as oppressive as possible to the species they conquer, and thus require a ruthless military to ensure their control, but I don't think they really have any honor attached to battle. Indeed, I think they would be quite happy if their helots just peacefully did everything they were told and accepted their status as inferior species.

Also I know nothing about Eve, but the Amarr from your description and the Advent seem to have some similarities, including a strong religious social order, significance of cybernetic implants etc. Of course that doesn't mean they would recognize the validity of each others beliefs, but in theory they could possibly find common ground.

Quoting SpardaSon21,
I think the Colonials and Hiigarans should be on friendly terms since they both have lost homeworlds and migrant fleet periods.  Lots of common ground there.  The Argon and Colonials should at least be neutral since they've both lost their homeworlds.  Hiigarans also need to hate the Vaygr due to that whole invasion thing.

You should also probably give the Narns and Centauri -2 relationships with each other since they hate each other's guts due to the Centauri subjugation of the Narn and the resulting enmity between both races.

Also, you've got the Minbari, Narn, and Centauri but you don't have the Earth Alliance?  I am disappointed.  If you were to add the EA in, they should be either Allied or Friendly with the Tau'ri since they're both alliances dedicated to the protection and advancement of Earth.  An alliance is inevitable.  Tau'ri should be neutral with Starfleet in any case since they have no particular reason to dislike each other.

Tau'ri should be Friendly with Asgard due to the cooperation between their races, and the Asgard and Tau'ri should hate the Wraith and Goa'uld due to the various conflicts between their races.

Quoting noing,
the ea, tauri, colonials, and the federation would all be allies with each other as they are all very similar altho being that the federation values are set much higher than anyone elses maybe the should be like +1 or neutral 0 with the ea, tauri, and colonials

i think the ancients could even be added into this alliance being as their values are pretty high as well and are kinda on the same level as the federation

the milky way asgard could even be in this alliance

Quoting SpardaSon21,
from my understanding the Khaak and Xenon are both horribly evil forces on par with the Daleks and Borg.

Starfleet, the Tau'ri, Argon, and EA should all be pretty friendly as they're all comprised heavily or singly of humans and dedicated to democracy and self-determination.  Throw the Asgard in there as part of a multi-universe alliance of goody-goodies.

Starfleet should hate the Galactic Empire and be friendly towards the Rebel Alliance since the Empire is an oppressive dictatorship dedicated to crushing aliens and the Alliance is trying to create a galactic republic similar in function to the United Federation of Planets.

I'd make the EA Friendly with the Narn due to technology transfers during the Earth-Minbari War, Neutral with the Centauri, and Disliking the Minbari.

Quoting SpardaSon21,

Quoting noing, reply 38but then the ea and minbari end up having a major alliance

The EA and Minbari don't ally until after the EA Civil War.  Yeah, they're part of the Babylon Project, but the Minbari kicked human ass in the Earth-Minbari War until they were within spitting distance of orbitally bombarding Earth.  Besides, EA being Neutral/Friendly with all of the B5 races would be boring.  There needs to be some in-universe tension for those that want to play games where everyone is from the same universe.

August 24, 2011 1:52:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well let me clairify what I would idealy want and let me know if it is possible. I don't want any changes to Sins game other then race. I see that you mentiond Music is it nessacry to add music? In this way when I play games I can set the AI players to random and I will get a good mix of diffrent races. I hope that makes since.

Thanks for the info but I am not sure what you ment by

Quoting myfist0,
Without an add-on there will be no races to play.

August 24, 2011 2:00:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Updated Borg

The main m0d 'Sins of the Creator" removes all the assets for TEC Vasari and Advent so if you dont want them in game the will not load unless you choose the add-on for that race. It is to much memory load on the game to load assets that are not used.

Each race add-on will have its own music. The add-ons will not work without the main mod. They are only for stacking.

August 24, 2011 3:03:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the tauri and goauld should be added to the races list and yeah the star wars alliance and empire should deff be added cis as well

love the idea for this mod/mods lol

August 24, 2011 3:54:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm afraid I really don't know over half of that list, but I've always thought the Sith and Vasari would get along pretty well. For the race entities did you just make them all unselectable and then have each minimod make them selectable, plus loading the assets?

August 24, 2011 4:09:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorta Goa, needs a hell of a lot more because everything that is in the galaxysceneriodef is bloody loaded. So if I want to be able to add Advent, those assets need to be listed in the galaxydef and are loaded. All the assets from every add-on are in the main mods manifests and galaxy def.

Lets see who can figure out how not to load them.   

Quoting myfist0,
I've always thought the Sith and Vasari would get along pretty well

Done & Done 

Sith
Vasari

August 24, 2011 7:31:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

After reviewing you lists and with the knowledge of only of few of the races here are my suggestions and opinions. Please dont feel like you "must" take my suggestions as you may know some of the races better then me.

Advent

-TEC -1 or-2: They sent the Advent into exile.  
-I would suggest the most if not all of the +1’s and +2’s be moved to -1 or 0 column and move some -1’s to the +1’s or +2’s. This is because The Advent have a lot of Socially and morally unacceptable behavior that most cultures would condone. So some of the -1’s don’t have a lot of morality are the ones I would move to +1 or +2. And make the necessary corrections to the races that they like so it is a mutual relationship.

Ancients

-If I remember right this is from SG-1 and they don’t really harbor any dislike to many races. I would suggest that a lot of the Races be moved to a “0” Status and leave some like the “Borg or Cylon” in the -1 and -2’s. Races like the Borg and Cylon tend to be “evil” and the Ancients would frown on this behavior.

Asgard

-Same as ancients.

Klingon

-Vasari +1 or +2: Klingon, like the Vasari are a warring civilization and thus already have a commonality. I can see a Vasari and Klingon sharing battle stories over a good beer.

Romulan

-Advent 0 or +1: I can imagine the Romulan’s would appreciate some of the testing and research and morally questionable things that the Advent do.

Star Fleet

-Romulan -1: Star Fleet has created a special Neutral Zone with the Romulans because when ever their together there is some sort of conflict. Not -2 because Star Fleet is always open to better there relations.

Vasari

-Klingon +1 or +2: See Klingon

PS Pretty please add the Homeworld 2 races :'(

August 24, 2011 8:32:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok CPT. since you been promoted to one of my top diplomats I will allow the Homeworld races into the korum. 

Will adjust the pages tomorrow.

Cpt_Rhino's 1st karma 

August 24, 2011 8:36:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CPT_Rhino,
Klingon, like the Vasari are a warring civilization and thus already have a commonality. I can see a Vasari and Klingon sharing battle stories over a good beer.

I'm not much of a Treky, but I'm not sure its right to classify the Vasari as a "warring" civilization exactly. From what I know the Klingon have the sort of honor through battle thing going on. The Vasari are as oppressive as possible to the species they conquer, and thus require a ruthless military to ensure their control, but I don't think they really have any honor attached to battle. Indeed, I think they would be quite happy if their helots just peacefully did everything they were told and accepted their status as inferior species.

Also I know nothing about Eve, but the Amarr from your description and the Advent seem to have some similarities, including a strong religious social order, significance of cybernetic implants etc. Of course that doesn't mean they would recognize the validity of each others beliefs, but in theory they could possibly find common ground.

That said, I keep in mind balance as much as lore in this project. While some races like the Sith and Borg probably would have very few friends, most of the rest should have a similarly sized set of friends and enemies, so the exact numbers for them may need to be adjusted to be more fair.

August 24, 2011 8:43:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Exactly what I was thinking Goa. Thats why I want this out of the way so I can plan on the power of the race dependant on how friendly or lonely they are.
Borg will not have allies but they will not need them. 

How about Klingon likes Vas +1 or 0 but Vasari hate Klingons and all humanoids.

August 24, 2011 10:18:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Myfist0, its Vaygr not Vyger, CPT isn't quite right.

August 24, 2011 10:53:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OH YAH so when will these mods be available to use!

August 25, 2011 12:03:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
How about Klingon likes Vas +1 or 0 but Vasari hate Klingons and all humanoids.

I don't think we have enough Sins lore to really deduce that. Technically we have no idea what kind of races the Vasari enslaved during their Empire. That's why I think its better to pair them up with races whose oppressive techniques they would approve of (Sith/Galactic Empire etc.). The Vasari would probably dismiss the Klingon as brutish barbarians, but that would probably be better than their opinion of the soft TEC traders or the fanatical Advent. I think neutral or slightly negative for both of them (I'm not a big fan of imbalanced modifiers in Diplomacy, but its up to you) would be best (in base Sins positive modifiers are reserved only for those of the same race, but I'm guessing you are switching up the diplomacy system) for both of them.

Also you probably have this but the TEC and Rebel Alliance would probably be cooperative but not overly fond (the TEC would see them as well meaning but naive idealist while the Rebels would see the TEC as a good nation but with excessive plutocracy and corruption).

August 25, 2011 6:31:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

its Vaygr not Vyger

so when will these mods be available to use!

Probably the biggest m0d ever being attempted for SoaSE so I would not hold my breath. Probably will be moving all the assets to Rebellion.

but its up to you

I will leave these decisions in the hands of my diplomatic core.

EDIT:

CRAP. The weebly page reached its limited size. Frackin hell.

August 25, 2011 9:56:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

rebellion WOOH!!!

August 25, 2011 10:12:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Holy crap.

Your links seem to be dead...

August 25, 2011 10:39:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

the info ones are still living lol

August 25, 2011 11:35:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
Your links seem to be dead...

As I stated already, the weebly page ran out of space so I need a redesign. I have started putting the relationships chart on the info pages but it is a lot of work. Here was I got so far, 

Advent
Amarr Empire   <-- Almost done
Ancients
Argon Federation
Asgard
Borg
Boron Kingdom  <-- Almost done
Caldari State
Centauri
Colonial
Cylon
Darlek

these are bookmark links to the Relationship section of the races info page. 

I need a break

August 25, 2011 11:55:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks nice... I'm making assumptions about how your doing this as the GSD is a beast to work with and only one entity.manifest will be followed. I'm assuming starting this in the debugger would require lots of clicking

As long as no mini-dumps ensue I may follow this approach as I already have 9 potential races in my mod...

Thanks for the clever workaround to this issue.

August 25, 2011 11:59:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,

I need a break

You don't get one.

August 25, 2011 12:13:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,

You don't get one.

well arent u nice

@zombie it would be just amazing if ur races were included in this mod  

wraith vs the plague would be an amazing battle

August 25, 2011 12:35:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Zeta1127,
its Vaygr not Vyger

August 25, 2011 12:54:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Links are back up, might be some errors here and there. 

Thanks Zman   You are close but don't have the whole theory yet.

August 25, 2011 1:28:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think the Colonials and Hiigarans should be on friendly terms since they both have lost homeworlds and migrant fleet periods.  Lots of common ground there.  The Argon and Colonials should at least be neutral since they've both lost their homeworlds.  Hiigarans also need to hate the Vaygr due to that whole invasion thing.

You should also probably give the Narns and Centauri -2 relationships with each other since they hate each other's guts due to the Centauri subjugation of the Narn and the resulting enmity between both races.

Also, you've got the Minbari, Narn, and Centauri but you don't have the Earth Alliance?  I am disappointed.  If you were to add the EA in, they should be either Allied or Friendly with the Tau'ri since they're both alliances dedicated to the protection and advancement of Earth.  An alliance is inevitable.  Tau'ri should be neutral with Starfleet in any case since they have no particular reason to dislike each other.

Tau'ri should be Friendly with Asgard due to the cooperation between their races, and the Asgard and Tau'ri should hate the Wraith and Goa'uld due to the various conflicts between their races.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: