Have you been playing with Particle Forge for a while and think you have a knack for great particle effects?
We are working on a new game, with a more advanced particle system, and we need someone to join the team. Read on...
Particle Effects Artist - Do you get excited by explosions, heavenly rays of light, fire, smoke, swooshes, spells, lightning, environmental effects, impact bursts and all things that go boom? Are you a self-motivated generalist who enjoys working with a small and highly skilled team? Ironclad is in the middle of a revolutionary new game and now is your opportunity to make your mark with stunning particle effects, environmental awesomeness, and 2D mastery. The ideal candidate for this position is a gifted artist with a strong sense of motion and timing. You should understand basic physics and have a techy edge. You will work directly with the art director and animator to create high quality effects that will compliment a dynamic gameworld. On a typical day you will be handed a detailed character description and you will be responsible for concepting and executing creative visual solutions for the character's many effects. Other days you will help bring a static world alive with detailed environmental / atmospheric touches and 2D painting for the UI. Although you will be the sole master of your domain, being a team player is absolutely essential.
You must have:
• Experience working with a particle effects system or VFX editor.
• Experience working with Sprites/Billboards in a 3D environment
• Photoshop mastery and strong painting/texturing skills.
• Familiarity with optimization of 2D images and using creative tricks to pull off visually elaborate effects with the lowest memory costs.
• Know when to be subtle, in-your-face, or anything in between.
• Strong communications skills.
• The drive to work on many different tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
• Ability to balance the needs of the animation, engine limitations, and the overall creative direction.
• A passion for video games and a lot of experience playing a variety of genres.
You should have:
• 3D modeling experience
• Compositing experience
• 2D animation experience
• UI design experience
• Lighting experience
• Great understanding of color theory and the impact of various shaders
We wish you could have:
• Particle effects programming experience
• 3D animation experience
• Shader Programming knowledge
What we need from you:
Resumes are nice but we really need to see what you can do. Please send a link or demo video of your recent particle effect or VFX work. A stronger portfolio will include a wide range of subject matter and styles.
Don’t quite have the skills yet?
We are also accepting intern applications that may give you the opportunity to work with a game-specific particle effects system.