Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[MOD] Star Wars: Sins of a Galactic Empire (Current Public Release: 4.10.1 [Rebellion 1.82])

By on August 31, 2011 7:56:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SoGE-Team

Join Date 08/2011
+1

NOTE: For access to the most up-to-date version of SoGE for Rebellion, please follow these instructions.

Sins of a Galactic Empire (SoGE) 4.10.0 release for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 1.82+
A Star Wars total conversion mod for Sins of a Solar Empire
08-09-2015

For a full change log see: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-a-galactic-empire/news/soge-4100-release-notes

INSTALLATION
=============================================
The whole mod is around 2.2 GB in size, when extracted

Extract the contents of the zip file to your sins mod directory
Example for windows XP C:\Documents\\My Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.X
Example for Vista/Win 7/Win 8 C:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.X

Next, before installing the mod proper, one must enable the Large Address Flag on Sins' exe.

This is is required for SoGE to work, or else it will not function correctly. This will not interfere with your ability play with other people (i.e. a person without an LAA exe can play with someone who has an LAA exe), nor does it break any rules set out by Stardock or Steam.

Step by step instructions:
1) Open "Large Address Aware.exe".
2) Select "Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe" to modify (click on the "..." button to browse). It can be found in the following folder:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
3) Check the box specifying that you want to make the game large address aware.
4) Click on save to save the changes.

Full credit for this program goes to FordGT90Concept of http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

(See here for a more detailed walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hquH8iZXik
or: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/381382/page/1/ )

To activate the mod, open the EnabledMods.txt file present in the previously mentioned folder and edit the file like so (this can be copy-pasted in):

TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
enabledModName "SoGE 4.10.0"

The blank line must be present in order for the game to read the EnabledMods.txt file correctly.

An editted version of EnabledMods.txt has been provided with the mod; these instructions are here in the event that the provided file is lost.

The mod should be working fine if the only races you can select are Star Wars races. If this is not the case you have not properly installed the mod in your mods folder.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE INGAME MODS OPTION PAGE TO ENABLE THE MOD, THIS OFTEN RESULTS IN A CRASH AND IS KNOWN TO CAUSE INSTABILITY.

ADDON INSTALLATION
SoGE also has several addons available for it, which introduce various changes to the mod. Included in the main download is the "Squad Size Reduction" addon, which condenses all fighter squadrons into having a single super fighter and edits anti-fighter abilities to reflect that change. This addon was created primarily to reduce lag, for both singleplayer and multiplayer matches.

To install an addon, one must once again edit EnabledMods.txt, and place the addon above the main mod in the list like so:

TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 2
enabledModName "SoGE Addon - Squad Size Reduction"
enabledModName "SoGE 4.10.0"

TEAM
Lavo (Ship stats, abilities, tech tree work, rigging, interface icons)
Warb_Null (Models, textures)
Maxloef (Models, textures, particles, sounds, skyboxes)
starkiller623 (Maps)
Service_Disconnect (Interface icons)
Wawac (Interface icons)
mmeier1986 (Error/bug fixing)
Chimaera (Ship stats)
Many many beta testers, many who didn't do a thing, thanks to those that give us valuable feedback!

INACTIVE STAFF
Evillejedi (Models, textures, ship stats)
NovaCameron (Planets; models, textures, and stats)
Psychoak (Abilities and tons of debugging [1.0E would have taken another year without his help])
Ludo Kreesh (SW Music, UI, interface icons)
Zoommooz (Tech tree additions/editting)
Evaders (Swrebellion.com Web support and general debugging)
sloosecannon (Coding, general debugging)
Ozwolf (Interface icons)
Pedro (SW Music)

CREDITS
GoaFan77 (Modeling, texture, and ability assistance, mainview icons, and other insight)
Burntstrobe (All planet textures in the mod, save for the Acid, Rusty, and Gas Giant planets)
myfist0 (Modeling and texture assistance and other insight)
RC-1290 'Dreadnaught' (Shield impact shader, bloom/star shaders)
Snowba11 (Most of the premade maps)
Mick666 (Re-scaling of most premade maps, creating and contributing to the SoGE wiki)
Arvis Taljik (Praetor, Malevolence, and other, textures)
NomeMD (Sentinel model and icons)
Republic at War team (Rusty planet's original texture)
ERock72 (Providence hanger shield particle)
Nomada_Firefox (Created the Endurance's mesh from EJ's Nebula SD)
the50first (Getting IA2/RaW's Malevolence's textures to work in SoGE)
KrdaxDrkrun (A number of particles in this mod originate from his mod TotalEffects)
axeldude (Planet.fx)
Egosoft (Skybox textures)
Cole_Protocol (Assault Frigate Mk.II's cloaking particle)
ZombiesRus5, harpo99999, soviet.belldandy (Various tools and code repositories which helped speed things up alot)
Valpheus (Experimental Exhaust Colour Mod; removing team colors from exhaust)
MrPhildevil (Interface icons)
husker98 (A few maps built off of Snowba11's large galaxy map)
Drone04 (Mon Calamari Heavy Carrier, Rejuvinator's original concept art)
AdamKop (Rothana Battleship's original render)
Valpheus (Vasari Deep Voice mod)
dolynick, Uzii (dolynick's Galaxy Mod was integrated at one point in time, some remnants are still around)

Probably some other people we are missing, thanks.

CONTACT
Forum http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-a-galactic-empire/forum
Moddb page http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-a-galactic-empire
NexusMods page http://www.nexusmods.com/sinsofasolarempire/mods/5/
Steam community page http://steamcommunity.com/groups/soage
Sins forum http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/411648
Wiki http://sins-of-a-galactic-empire.wikia.com
IRC #SoGE @ irc.coldfront.net

COMPATIBILITY
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 1.82+

Download Links

NexusMods

745 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 18, 2013 9:46:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, they're all loaded at the start. Though if you use the dev exe (and make sure ShowErrors and LogOutput are set to FALSE), the game will reload changes mid-game.

May 19, 2013 12:58:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I want to further applaud you, Lavo. You must have made significant changes to the AI. They sure know how to spam the useful ships at the right time, lol.

May 19, 2013 5:14:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, I figured out how to get the AI to spam capital ships, which is something that works out rather nicely for them. It's an indirect change to be truthful, an AI only research item, but it gets the job done.

June 5, 2013 6:43:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Today is notable for the release of patch 1.5 for SoaSE:R, and for the game's first DLC, Forbidden Worlds. I'm sure the first question that will be on many people's minds soon, or is already something they've looked into, is whether the current public release of SoGE will work with 1.5. The answer to this is, yes, it should work without any noticeable issues, other then the UI reverting to vanilla Sins'. In addition, the DLC also shouldn't pose an issue at all. The UI issues have been fixed in the beta, and will be included in the next version, along with all the other entity/Gameplay.constants changes that 1.5 has brought about. Now, onto what the DLC actually adds. It puts in two things, planet specialization, plus new planets and their respective research groups. As you are all aware, SoGE already has specialized planets, and doesn't even make full use of all the planet groups currently ingame. Due to this, and as we simply don't want to force people to get the DLC, SoGE will not be making use of the DLC, however if you have the DLC installed, it will neither break SoGE or having any effect on how SoGE is played.

With a new patch, and an upcoming release, I'll take the time to announce three new addons to the pack that are coming soon; Invulnerable Supercap Factories, Extremely Reduced Weapon Ranges, and Hyperspace Anywhere. The former is rather self-descriptive, supercap factories would be indestructible, an option some have asked for as you cannot rebuild supercap factories. Extremely Reduced Weapon Ranges reduces the ranges of all weapons by 67.5%, or to put it in other terms, the ISD would by default have a range of 3250. In contrast, a TEC light frigate has a default range of 3500 and the TEC's cruiser has a range of 3150. Hyperspace Anywhere was initially something I did purely as a proof of concept, a side project I did for fun. It allows a player to jump from any one planet to another, assuming it can be seen at all, and this works on both random and premade maps. Honestly, it would probably just result in people rushing homeworlds all the time, so I can't say I think it's particularly balanced, but it's already been made so why not.

Scale. A contentious topic, something that's been around since the days of 1.0E, an issue there is no clear consensus on. Until very recently, I had yet to see any positive comments regarding scale, only numerous complaints. That's the reason why the 33% upscale was initially done, for those who noticed the pictures posted last Sunday. As .JAS put it, you "Can't please everybody unfortunately". Thankfully, due to Sins' mod stacking system, both opinions can be satisfied, by making the upscaled models into their own addons pack, so people can decide whether to keep the current scaling, or go with a bigger one that's much more akin to vanilla Sins. Due to the inevitable size of this group of addons, it will be separate from the main addons pack, once it is released. Once this is done, I sincerely hope that all will be satisfied with the scale of SoGE, though feel free to correct me in the comments section.

Also, a fun fact I realized with 1.5, by turning on Anisotropic (under Texture Filtering in the Video section), the higher the better, the planet pole pinching issue becomes far less problematic, and in a few cases is virtually gone.

June 11, 2013 2:51:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i'm sure you've answered this before but when I try to research the supercap dreadnaught design (7 labs) it says i need to be member of a certain faction. any help

thanks

also, a suggestion: in canon the interdictor cruisers have been used to pull friendly ships out of hyperspace into a battle, do you think this could be replicated by giving them a phase stabilizer ability

June 11, 2013 7:38:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting a110,
i'm sure you've answered this before but when I try to research the supercap dreadnaught design (7 labs) it says i need to be member of a certain faction. any help

Hello, if you are reading this message, it means that you are asking a question that has already been answered in SoGE's Documentation or via ingame research/ability/unit descriptions. Please refer to those, thank you!

Quoting a110,
also, a suggestion: in canon the interdictor cruisers have been used to pull friendly ships out of hyperspace into a battle, do you think this could be replicated by giving them a phase stabilizer ability

Not possible.

June 12, 2013 8:19:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,

Hello, if you are reading this message, it means that you are asking a question that has already been answered in SoGE's Documentation or via ingame research/ability/unit descriptions. Please refer to those, thank you!

i had already read the documentation, it doesn't cover the faction issue. i'm assuming researching one prototype permanently locks you out of the other, it didn't really make this clear.

June 12, 2013 11:46:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting a110,
i had already read the documentation, it doesn't cover the faction issue. i'm assuming researching one prototype permanently locks you out of the other, it didn't really make this clear.

The ingame tech descriptions for the two supercap access techs:

Super Capital vessels require specialized infrastructure for construction. This tech allows for access to your faction's weaker supercap, and not it's stronger one. These supercaps have a build cap of 4

Super Capital vessels require specialized infrastructure for construction. This tech allows for access to your faction's stronger supercap, and not it's weaker one. These supercaps have a build cap of 1 or 2

From "How to Build Supercaps.txt":

Please note, you can only build one of your faction's two supercaps, choose wisely.

I'm not really sure how much clearer I can make it. But yes, the faction bit is how you are locked out of one of the two supercaps.

June 20, 2013 9:38:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lavo_2,

Have you tried loading just CORE? Have you lowered your graphics settings to minimum? Have you re-downloaded from a non-Gamefront mirror? Does your computer have less than 2GB of RAM?

Hi Lavo,

apologies for late update

here are my specs :

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
       System Model: K70ID               
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4400  @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
          Page File: 2188MB used, 5999MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

that should be fine enough, as I can play Sins on small to medium maps with no big slow down

as said previously, SOGE works fine on Entrenchment.

I install only CORE with the lowest video details (Empire + Alliance available), but I still get a minidump crash as soon as the map loads. The folder is Reb 1.51 due to Forbidden Worlds installed too.

Any idea how to correct it ?

Best regards,

June 20, 2013 11:03:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You are the second person I've heard that's suffering from a crash on 1.51, one that makes no sense to me. I would suggest waiting for the new version, due within the next few days, which is 1.51 compliant. The beta works without issue in 1.51, so I think that a 1.51 compliant SoGE might possibly solve what issues you are dealing with right now.

June 24, 2013 12:03:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SoGE R1072 has been posted to ModDB and is currently awaiting approval.

June 25, 2013 11:19:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A patch fixing the movement bugs in the previous version has been uploaded to ModDB and is awaiting approval.

June 26, 2013 5:10:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Now that R1075 is out and working, we will be running a bunch of SoGE MP games! While some of these might be pickup games, and others predetermined times, for each one I will be mass-messaging those in the SoGE Steam group, and on the look out for people who message me saying they want to join in (my Steam nick is Lavo) .

When it comes to predetermined times, while this might be a bit sudden, there are a few times set within the next 13 hours, 10 pm GMT (6 pm EST/3 pm PST), 1:30 am GMT (9:30 pm EST/6:30 pm PST), and 5 am GMT (1 am EST/10 pm PST). On Thursday there will also be a game at 11 pm GMT (7 pm EST/4 pm PST) and possibly others later that night as well. There will also be a game on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 3 am GMT (11 pm EST/8 pm PST), with a chance of more games on Sunday.

See you in space!

June 28, 2013 1:31:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi Lavo,

I installed the patched version of R1075 (dl from ModDB) but I still get a minidump crash when the map loads up on Rebellion 1.52

best regards,

June 28, 2013 7:16:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Give me more details please. When is it crashing? How did you activate the mod? Etc...

June 29, 2013 1:51:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

alright.

I downloaded both R1075 and the patch. they are inside Reb 1.52 mod folder with each sub folder in sight (Documentation, CORE, Alliance, CIS, Republic, New Republic, Vong).

I moved the patch files to the sub folders (GameInfo for all + mesh for Vong).

I don't touch the EnableMOd txt file, though it's already like :

TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - CORE"

when launching Sins Rebellion, I go to Options to activate the Mod.

I see all sub folders, but only select CORE (Enabled Mod Checksum 82873422).

Apply changes

the music files run.

the new SOGE prestation page shows up too

Video settings at the lowest (1024x768, 60Hz, no anti-aliasing, linear Texture filtering)

I go to select a simple small map (random small with game conditions "Flagship victory on")

2 players available - only Empire faction is available (or random)

I choose 2 Empires (portraits available)

launch the game, it moves to the intermediate map uploading page .... but once there, the map never charges (loading bar stay red)  and after 30s-60s SINS game crashes with a mini-dump message.

To make sure it wasn't my system, I also played SOGE on Entrenchment just last night.

medium map, high video specs .... no probs

Best regards,

June 29, 2013 3:08:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You should only use the EnabledMods.txt to load the mod. DO NOT USE THE IN-GAME MOD LOADER. It's in the mod install instructions.

June 29, 2013 3:18:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi Evaders99,

I changed the EnabledMods.txt to

"TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 6
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - Alliance"
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - CIS"
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - New Republic"
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - Republic"
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - Vong"
enabledModName "SoGE R1075 Reb - CORE""

but that doesn't prevent my minidump crash

the only positive aspect is that all factions are now available (instead of just Empire)

thx for your help

June 29, 2013 7:25:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Try removing the Alliance mod and set count to 5.

I've been having that crash with Alliance even with the proper enabletxt.

June 29, 2013 10:22:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Rovert10,
I've been having that crash with Alliance even with the proper enabletxt.

Have you tried deleting your Settings folder to make Sins reset them? Odd as it sounds, this has fixed the issue for a few people. If that doesn't work, would you be alright with zipping up your Alliance folder and uploading it somewhere for me? I can't reproduce any of the Alliance issues people are having, and it's boggling my mind.

June 29, 2013 11:09:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I changed the enabledmod script as per Rovert10 and cleared the Settings folder as per Lavo suggestions .... and would you believe it ? even with high video specs, the mod runs perfectly fine now

I'm going to keep the tests to zero in every little things that might make it crash

thx guys

June 30, 2013 8:06:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey guys, I've noticed that the Rebel Alliance Grav Well generator, both static and mobile ones on ships, don't work at all. I've tried several times to chase an inferior imperial fleet from hopping back and forth from an adjacent molecular storm (grants immunity), every time catching it either with rebel interdictors or having a grav well generator built on my planet.

This is on R1075... I have only loaded CIS and alliance apart from the core.

June 30, 2013 11:23:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is a known issue, I'm looking into it.

June 30, 2013 12:58:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

modifying the Enabledmod script or clearing the Setting folder wasn't the issue

not even the video specs (though it's best to run on low in my case) ....

instead, it was the victory conditions : selecting "capital ship flag" is conflicting with the mod (I assume they can't find a Trade/Vasari/Advent ship among Star Wars ones )

June 30, 2013 11:50:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

...You know it's mentioned in the documentation not to use that feature, right?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time: