Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

[SotF] Fall of Kobol (The only Battlestar Galactica Mod)

By on September 13, 2011 10:09:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+321

Fall of Kobol

Current Version:

Fall of Kobol Downloads

No longer enhanced but available:  

SotF: Fall of Kobol Diplomacy/Trinity 1.043 

Instructions:

How To Install Sins of the Fallen

Important: RESTART Sins of a Solar Empire after activating the mod. This will avoid a common mini-dump after starting a game. If the game mini-dumps attempting to deactivate the mod (i.e. similar issue), then delete the EnabledMods.txt in your rebellion mod folder.

How to Activate Sins of the Fallen

Sins of the Fallen: Fall of Kobol

A Battlestar Galactica mod for Sins of the Solar Empire

Release Date: TBD

NOTICE: This fan based modification is completely unofficial and is in no way endorsed or affiliated with Syfy(formally Sci-Fi), NBC, Universal Studios, Relic, Sierra, Aspyr, Stardock or Ironclad Games. All trademarks, logos, sounds, and video are the property of their respective owners. This fan based modification is strictly non-commercial and may not be used for any commercial purposes!

* This mod uses some assets from Sins of the 13th Tribe (credit will be listed in the readme when released).

Quick synopsis

This mod introduces the colonial and cylon factions to the Sins of the Fallen universe. Both races will be playable with any of the planets, addons, and races included in Sins of the Fallen including the stock races. Both the colonial and cylon's factions will be balanced against the stock factions to support this approach. 

Colonial Fleet

Relying on heavily armored and armed ships the colonial fleet is always on the defense looking for cylon incursions. Lacking shields of any kind Battlestar Point Defense systems are used to intercept incoming weapons and minimize damage to nearby frigates and cruisers supporting the fleet.

Colonial Fleet

Colonial Sound Dialogue Script (link)

Cylon Armada

If you can edit text files, talk coherently or otherwise provide thoughtful feedback you can help this mod complete.

Contributions can be emailed to: zombiesrus5 at gmail dot com

Number Six: Status is given to those that had a significant impact either on this mod or the original Sot13T.

Members: Koobalt, Kyogre12, Coxxon, Kreeargh, Unknown Sexy Cylon Voice

Centurian: Status is given to those that are senior modder, preferably connected to Eclipse and making active changes to the mod through SVN.

Please email me for development SVN access which is different from the playtest SVN noted above.

Members: ZombiesRus5

War-era Centurian: Status is given to those that actively contribute to the mod.

Members: Crazyfrywad, Mord_Sith84, Cylon_Luvr, UnassumingWhiteGuy

U-87 Cyber Combat Unit: Status is given to those that have contributed at any point to the mod. 

Members: Stalcore, JonJay

Civilian Model: Status is given to those that help test or otherwise provide valuable feedback.

Members: Unikraken, SpardaSon21, holybeast

Toaster: You like to play the mod which is good enough. Check into the forums if you want your call sign added.

Unknown Members: 2500+ souls or machines

Known Members: Alexbond45, danny1199, Dedzone007, vackillers, MackyG, TheTrueLost

Modding Contributions Needed

Particle Effects
  • Anyone that wants to contribute effects is more than welcome as I'm not planning on making any myself.

! if you see anything you think could use a change shoot me a query and I'll let you know if it's worth pursuing !

* remember if you add a new file locally when modding it needs to be added to the entity.manifest!

2907 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 21, 2015 3:32:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darvroth,

Z build SotF: Fall of Kobol: Reb.1.82.35  has a check sum of zero, unless I'm missing something?

Shouldn't be a checksum of zero. I downloaded the mod and didn't see any issues. Also, I had to back out some of the strikecraft additions as it was causing some lag on my machine.

March 21, 2015 4:44:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Quoting Darvroth,

Z build SotF: Fall of Kobol: Reb.1.82.35  has a check sum of zero, unless I'm missing something?

Shouldn't be a checksum of zero. I downloaded the mod and didn't see any issues. Also, I had to back out some of the strikecraft additions as it was causing some lag on my machine.

A checksum of zero is almost always caused by your extraction software creating an extra folder when you unzip the mod into the mod folder.

March 21, 2015 7:05:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

A checksum of zero is almost always caused by your extraction software creating an extra folder when you unzip the mod into the mod folder.

I've moved the relevant files up one level already in case that was the culprit but I'll play around with it again.

Edit: Copying the files down and then back up one folder deep did the trick but for no discernible reason....

March 21, 2015 7:08:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Also, I had to back out some of the strikecraft additions as it was causing some lag on my machine.

No problem I knew it would require additional tweaking and balance...heck I've rebalanced the strike craft on SotYR at least 5 separate times due to observed in-game behavior. I still have a fighter tail chase problem there but it is much better than it was a couple years ago.

March 23, 2015 9:08:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Darvroth,

Z, if not already evident the AI prioritizes titan research. On higher AI levels AI cheats allow the AI to skip prerequisite techs which frequently leads to AI stalls. The AI acts more normally once the titan is researched though it will on occasion distort its build buffer attempting to stockpile sufficient resources to build a titan.

Indeed, Wormhole tech is another that can stall the AI if the tech is high in the research tree.

FYI, On the relationship bug I had where the AI would stall out trying to research the higher tier advanced cultural relationship... -  it was based on the order in the Player entity file. I had copied it into my new player file in alphabetical order not realizing the order in the player file would matter for this tech.

^ This is research that uses the RelationshipBonus modifier type.

March 25, 2015 1:01:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Virgon

March 25, 2015 1:10:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Leonis

March 25, 2015 1:15:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have spent some time creating the textures for Virgon, Leonis, Scorpia, Sagittaron, Libran, Aerilon, and Canceron trying to get the colors to match up the twelve colonies of kobol map. I found a texture for Aquaria that fits the single continent description. I also have found textures to use for the other major orbit bodies and gas giants.

As you can see I have Virgon and Leonis in game. It takes a bit of time to lay get a planet in game so I'll add them in slowly as they are available.

After they are all in I want to create the 5 star system map for the twelve colonies.

March 26, 2015 5:27:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sagittaron

March 28, 2015 5:27:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Leonis

Looking good Z.

March 29, 2015 12:55:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looking Great Z! Thanks for keeping this mod Alive and for all your hard work.

March 29, 2015 5:23:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I agree, the planets look awesome. I'm looking forward to the next release of the other Sins of the Fallen races (upgraded AI etc). Also excited about continued upgrades to resurrection hehe

March 29, 2015 7:15:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Z... Just a few things I've noticed (may have mentioned these already? not sure)

- There is no icon for the new cylon titan factory when it is selected (for the menu down the left hand side of the screen). 

- what  happened to the old school raiders? Thought they were going to be added... 

April 21, 2015 7:11:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cylon_Luvr,

- what  happened to the old school raiders? Thought they were going to be added... 

I got sidetracked by the texture being pretty crappy and tried finding a better model and failed. I then got burned out on trying to add it and put it in the todo list at some point in the future if I get around to doing it. 

April 26, 2015 7:08:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Quoting Cylon_Luvr,

I got sidetracked by the texture being pretty crappy and tried finding a better model and failed. I then got burned out on trying to add it and put it in the todo list at some point in the future if I get around to doing it. 

Maybe there are some modders who could help out? What ever happened to Koobalt? Are you still in touch with him? 

May 7, 2015 7:40:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Hmm, found a bad bug with the AI that most likely explains why the AI sometimes "stalls" out. If the Titan gets put into the AI's build queue but it can't build the titan command/fleet supply, cost, etc... The AI literally suspends new activity beyond it's current fleet.

The AI stalling out has been around for a while with Rebellion... I will think on this a bit and maybe give some allowances to the AI to keep it from hanging on this part if possible.

Hi Zombie,

If the titan-factory could be built by reaching level 4 instead of level 1 you might attenuate the problem, because the Ai would suspend building ships only from level 4 and not from level 1, 2 or 3.

May 11, 2015 11:48:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Z, what's up? Any news or updates? 

May 23, 2015 2:39:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Mord_Sith84,

Hey Z, what's up? Any news or updates? 

I just completed an overhaul of the AI system I can control. The AI is now compelled to complete research at any difficulty level. 

The AI also will now get it's Titan after appropriate research and fleet supply requirements are met. 

This means the AI at any difficulty won't just be a sitting duck and stall out as a result.

In addition to the above changes I added a few booster items to the AI to help it research and build ships a little bit quicker as the game progresses. 

In terms of other new features, I haven't been able to do anything with resurrection or tos raiders.

May 24, 2015 8:53:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Awesome! Are you going to release an updated version soon then? 

May 24, 2015 12:22:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Mord_Sith84,

Awesome! Are you going to release an updated version soon then? 

We'll see how long it lasts... but it should be authorized soon on moddb today.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-of-kobol/downloads/fall-of-kobol-reb-18236-full-version

Let me know how the AI enhancements work for you.

May 27, 2015 10:26:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fall of Kobol

May 29, 2015 2:22:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Z, have been re-watching the show. Although this is very minor, I've noticed that all Cylon kinetic weapons are purple in colour  (raiders  included). Colonial is yellow. How difficult is it to change the cylon kinetic weapons to purple instead of yellow? Would suit BSG cannon much better. 

Also im thinking that the Guardian MkII and worldstar should have kinetic weapons... Not just missiles... 

May 29, 2015 9:58:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cylon_Luvr,

Z, have been re-watching the show. Although this is very minor, I've noticed that all Cylon kinetic weapons are purple in colour  (raiders  included). Colonial is yellow. How difficult is it to change the cylon kinetic weapons to purple instead of yellow? Would suit BSG cannon much better. 

Also im thinking that the Guardian MkII and worldstar should have kinetic weapons... Not just missiles... 

These are the autocannon travel textures used for the kinetic weapons. Edit the textures (if you need a program download gimp), and set the colors up to be the purple you think would look good and send them back to me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5790092/Temp/ac.zip

May 29, 2015 2:44:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Another relevant change is coming soon to Resurrection.

No the Resurrection Hub can't move yet But it will work way more consistently and be better balanced. Basically I've fixed all the issues with Resurrection and added in new code for resurrrecting ships. It all works really well now.

I've posted a news article on moddb on resurrection. Check it out after it's approved.

Resurrection Tutorial

May 30, 2015 12:26:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,

Another relevant change is coming soon to Resurrection.

No the Resurrection Hub can't move yet But it will work way more consistently and be better balanced. Basically I've fixed all the issues with Resurrection and added in new code for resurrrecting ships. It all works really well now.

I've posted a news article on moddb on resurrection. Check it out after it's approved.

Resurrection Tutorial

This sounds sooooooo cool! Have been eagerly waiting for improvements to resurrection. 

Will the Titans still be able to spawn resurrection hubs as their ultimate ability? 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time: