Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

New Player Introductions

By on January 4, 2012 8:19:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+757

We have had a really nice influx of new players since Sins has expanded to Steam.  Member Sinperium suggested we have an "introduce yourself" thread and I thought it was a great idea.

So if you are new to Sins, come introduce yourself to the community and maybe even setup some matches!

Pinned Post 209 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 4, 2012 8:43:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm Sinperium and there are a lot of here excited about the new players passing through.  Sins is a game with a tough learning curve but there are people here who are skilled at playing, modding and doing about anything you would want with Sins.

It doesn't matter if you play alone or with friends on a private lan (many do) or if you came in with Steam or Ironclad, say "Hi" and let us know who you are...and it's gonna' get busy with Rebellion!

I have a "one game at a time rule" (due to work/family) and this is the only game I have played for the past year.

January 4, 2012 9:27:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm KrdaxDrkrun, I've been on these forums for a while and I am always happy to answer questions on most anything.

I enjoy many strategy games, League of Legends, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Supreme Commander 1, FA, and 2.

If you want to play or need help with Particle effects, send me a PM.

January 4, 2012 9:29:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey there!

I'm Anton, been here for a while but never really post anything. I love Sins but play mostly SP and Lan with brother and a good friend of mine. It's my favorite strategy game alongside Supreme Commander FA and maybe Homeworld though I have yet to finish it (bought it recently, don't mind the old visuals at all). I'm hoping that with the release of Rebellion, things will heat up a bit online and I'll try and join that, meeting some new ppl to play with along the way. More importantly though, I hope for a great game.

Anyway, in my spare time I enjoy gaming, reading and writing reviews for some favorite bands of mine. Check them out here if interested: http://sensesrefined.com/ The rest of my time is mostly spent on University work and part time tutoring to pay rent.

January 4, 2012 2:11:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, since a few "old" forum freaks have been introducing themselves, I think I shouldn't hold back myself:

I am Teun-A-Roonius, I am from the Netherlands and I have been playing Sins since 2009. I generally play solo games versus the AI (only at Cruel difficulty nowadays), but I do fancy a multiplayer game every once in a while.

I have been active on the Sins forums every now and then since I first started playing. It is only since Rebelion was announced that I really became active here (so most of my posts and replies are to be found in the Sins Rebellion section of the forums).

I play a lot of different games in my spare time. Mostly strategy games and shooters. Though I am often busy with stuff that needs to be done for my study at the university.

If you are looking for strategical input concerning Sins, feel free to send me a PM and I will do whatever I can to help you get going.

January 4, 2012 3:32:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi, my name is Seleuceia.

["Hi Seleuceia"]

And I've been a Sinaholic for 5 years....wait, am I at the right thread?

January 4, 2012 3:39:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I registered ages ago, but I haven't been active until just recently, so hi.

January 4, 2012 4:19:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi, I'm AdmiralAckbar42. I've been playing Sins since a few months after it was released, but only active on these forums for the past few months.

January 4, 2012 7:11:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello, been playing SP for two years now, not very active in forums but want to.  Love playing entrenchment the best, guess not really a diplomat at heart, wipe them out I say, and mostly TEC but I dabble often with Varsari.....  Any ways thank you for the opertunity to join in.

January 4, 2012 7:54:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I brand new)

January 4, 2012 10:17:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting AdmiralAckbar42,
Hi, I'm AdmiralAckbar42. I've been playing Sins since a few months after it was released, but only active on these forums for the past few months.

Welcome.  I think I played a match with your cousin, Adm. Snackbar, on Ironclad Online the other day.

January 4, 2012 10:44:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm Stant.  Modder, DS lore, occasional ICO player.  'nuff said.

Edit:

Apparently, some fine, upstanding members of the community feel there is more to be said.

Things like I love to argue and I usually win.  I can be a bully if you get rude to me or someone I have respect for on the forums.  I highly enjoy in participating in general asshole-ish behavior.  People send others to me on purpose because I'm good at insulting the hell out of them and I probably enjoy doing it too much.

There you guys happy now?    Dicks...

January 5, 2012 10:02:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
I'm Stant.  Modder, DS lore, occasional ICO player.  'nuff said.

Edit:

Apparently, some fine, upstanding members of the community feel there is more to be said.

Things like I love to argue and I usually win.  I can be a bully if you get rude to me or someone I have respect for on the forums.  I highly enjoy in participating in general asshole-ish behavior.  People send others to me on purpose because I'm good at insulting the hell out of them and I probably enjoy doing it too much.

There you guys happy now?    Dicks...

And this is Stant, our lovable forum troll.

Quoting DirtySanchezz,

Quoting AdmiralAckbar42, reply 7Hi, I'm AdmiralAckbar42. I've been playing Sins since a few months after it was released, but only active on these forums for the past few months.

Welcome.  I think I played a match with your cousin, Adm. Snackbar, on Ironclad Online the other day.

And this is DirtySanchezz, he's a marvelous strategist and enjoys ICO games with noobs so that he can crush them to bits.

You can also find him on the front end of Desconnor's rants and such about Multiplayer and how it's dying.

January 5, 2012 10:19:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*Cough*

Let the new folk (and old) say, "Hi".

January 5, 2012 3:11:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi

January 5, 2012 3:19:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

...and you are?

January 5, 2012 3:29:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
Hi

This is ZombieRus5, he's a zombie forum veteran, and he maintains an amazing mod.

He is very good at writing gameinfo stuff, so ask him if you need any help...

January 5, 2012 3:43:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
Quoting ZombiesRus5, reply 14Hi

This is ZombieRus5, he's a zombie forum veteran, and he maintains an amazing mod.

He is very good at writing gameinfo stuff, so ask him if you need any help...

This is KrdaxDrkrun and he's a...

a... I got nothing. 

Anyways I am just a forum lurker who has been here for about the past 6-7 months.

January 5, 2012 3:49:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We saw you lurking too you know.

January 5, 2012 3:55:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Howdy, new people.

Errr..wait, I know most yall from somewhere....

January 5, 2012 3:57:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you build it they will come.  Who are you?

January 5, 2012 4:02:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This is Carbon, he's a

*SMACK*

January 5, 2012 4:53:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
This is Carbon, he's a

He's a ninja, he's a hoodie ninja

Quoting KrdaxDrkrun,
And this is Stant, our lovable forum troll.

Says one of the people who trolls me regularly. 

January 5, 2012 4:55:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There are on days, and off days, some days I really feel like I need to bother people, other days I feel like everyone is bothering me...

January 5, 2012 9:56:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Greetings, I'm Bison. Been a member since Sins came out in Feb '08. Most of the games I play are single player and also part time lore writer for Distant Stars, friends with most of the DS guys, (they have the nifty DS avatars.) Would love to do a ICO with others but my hardware isn't up to snuff.

Many of the above are very helpful and good natured, that includes you too Stant. Also, I known as the Smiley King because of my elaborate smileys and emoticons.... -

January 5, 2012 10:42:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I never did formally introduce did I?

SivCorp here.
Been with Sins sence the beginning.  Don't do much ICO, just comp stomps with friends. 

Contributed to the Sins Optimization Project, Distant Stars Flagship minimod and Myfist0's Sins of the Creator.  Try to fit in some lore with DS too....

I'm a repair man by trade (residential, car and computer) but studied and degreed in Animation and Spacial Graphics through Purdue University. 

So I am also a freelance Graphic Artist/video/3D modeler.  Kind of a jack of all trades type

So officially, howdy all

EDIT: oh, and be sure to catch me on TF2 as SivCorp and on Terraria. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001375   Page Render Time: